• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

20130924 - Seth Shostak - Search for Extraterrestrial Intelligence (SETI)

Started by MV/Liberace!, September 24, 2013, 10:58:29 AM

Nighthawk

This show tonight is great. Being a radio op myself this is one of my favorite topics. I know it is one of Art's too. I am just glued to this.

nofAcedAgent

Quote from: Redacted on September 24, 2013, 09:00:36 PM
Much brighter than a full moon.  I try to imagine it, and just can't.
But it sure will be cool to listen to Dark Matter under the light of ISON.

Don't know why, but it makes me wish Terrance McKenna would have lived to see it too.  He would have tripped on that hard, lol.

Dang, sure would be great to hear his voice again with Art.

I remember one of those shows he did back in the 90's with Art. Someone called in talking about how they were hallucinating on marijuana. "Oh how this old pot-hand admires your virgin synapses" Mckenna says. hahaha..

Heather Wade

Quote from: Nighthawk on September 24, 2013, 09:17:19 PM
This show tonight is great. Being a radio op myself this is one of my favorite topics. I know it is one of Art's too. I am just glued to this.

Superglued!  (couldn't resist)

AshamanWolf

Does anyone else feel like at some point, J.C. will call in? I just have this odd feeling that he would not let 'the devil's mouthpiece' return to the airwaves without calling and proclaiming "How Dareth You!"

bigchucka

Quote from: AshamanWolf on September 24, 2013, 09:25:17 PM
Does anyone else feel like at some point, J.C. will call in? I just have this odd feeling that he would not let 'the devil's mouthpiece' return to the airwaves without calling and proclaiming "How Dareth You!"

If he does, I think that will dispel rumors that JC was a ClearChannel plant... unless there's something to the theory that there are two JC's...

steelbot

My stream's about 30 second delayed - and I'm listening on monitor so - I'M commenting without incorporating the delay on my end anyways.

sleeplessinca

Dang I wish the lady who called in last night that saw the UFO rise up outside of santa Cruz and was covered with seaweed.  That was weird.

PrairieGhost

I know Seth is wrong I've seen a UFO power up to 5x it's size.  Do a fast u-turn then fly off really fast.

bigchucka

Just realized what Art's dump button should be...

"Do the Wild Thing at 775-372-5678."

I read somewhere he was a consultant for Mr. Hof on this project...

jazmunda

Quote from: eddie dean on September 24, 2013, 09:39:54 PM
Definitely not as many posts tonight. Still fun though!

It's strange because there seems to be more people on the site tonight than last night. Maybe people don't post when they are not angry at the guest.

butterbat

Hello,

Glad to find a friendly forum with like-minded fans. 

The General

Quote from: butterbat on September 24, 2013, 09:48:06 PM
Hello,

right on, welcome to the C2C refugee camp

PrairieGhost

Hello,

Welcome butterbat!

The General

Quote from: PrairieGhost on September 24, 2013, 09:49:01 PM
Art's voice on satellite is just amazing!
and the bumper music quality is crystal clear.  better than ever!

awguy

Quote from: eddie dean on September 24, 2013, 09:39:54 PM
Definitely not as many posts tonight. Still fun though!

I'm sitting back listening with intense interest. This is a great show. I may keep this one for my archives.

AshamanWolf

Quote from: jazmunda on September 24, 2013, 09:47:57 PM
It's strange because there seems to be more people on the site tonight than last night. Maybe people don't post when they are not angry at the guest.
Maybe we don't have to be angry at the guest. Maybe there just has not been anything said we feel the need to discuss? Or we are just waiting for calls to start. Or we are all too entranced, lol.

eddie dean

Hello,

Welcome Butterbat!
good name, is it anything like butterface? :-[