• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Dog and puppy pictures, please share.

Started by ksm32, August 30, 2013, 12:24:15 AM

ksm32

This is our new puppy, VERA, her mom is a black saint Bernard (I never knew they existed until two months ago) her dad is a bullmastiff HUGE FELLOW, he actually startles you when you see him.

Vera is three months here camping, 51 lbs and 23 inches at the withers. Gonna be a damm BIG girl, but sweet as hell.

Centurion40

Awww!

I really miss having a doggie.

A weird comment coming from a guy with a Catsmack pic, I know.

HorrorRetro

Vera is adorable.  Don't get me started with dog pics -- I might never stop.  :D

I have 3 dogs.  All have been rescued from shelters or bad situations.

This is Charlie.  He's about 3 to 4 years old. He is part German short-haired pointer, I think.  He's as crazy as he looks, but he's also extremely smart.

HorrorRetro

This is Sadie, our newest addition.  She is 4, and she's a pug. 

And this is Joey, our old man.  He'll be 10 tomorrow, and he's also a pug.

CampsieNP

You can't see their faces, but I am a crazy dog-lady who rescues, transports, and runs pet fairs/fundraisers for Maltese dogs.
I have a pure Maltese, a Bichon Poodle a "sort of maltese" and those are my 3 permanent dogs. And # four is my foster-slot. I always have one rescue dog I foster for our group. I am on my 10th foster right now. This picture is a typical breakfast time at my house. To see more dogs we have up for adoption, check out this link. Poppy is the one up there I have now.

http://malteserescue.homestead.com/

My little white dogs are my life. My real kids are grown up so I spend a lot of time rescuing dogs. Some come from really bad situations and it is nice to get them good homes. I am always sad to adopt out my foster, but I must in order to continue to have a spot for the others.

The family wolf pup, UnscreenedHowler

She was found wandering around the neighborhood, taken to the shelter and picked up in a blizzard because no one adopted her, so  you might call her a rescue.

All the pups on this thread are gorgeous.  ;)

HorrorRetro

Quote from: ChewMouse on September 02, 2013, 09:08:56 PM

Sam
1986-2003
The Best Dog Ever

So good to see you again!  Sam is adorable, as are all the other gabbers' dogs.

basswood

Nice to see pup pics here. We've always had some sort of "rescue" pup in our house, be it one that followed the kids home (riiiiiiight...), or a neglected one we negotiated away from its owner, or from the pound, and they've almost always turned out to be great (with just one unfortunate exception of one that had food-aggression issues). This guy is our latest: Obie, named after a likeable pimply-faced kid at the local pound. He was listed as Saint Bernard mix but we had the DNA test done on him and it turns out he's actually half Great Pyrenees with a bit of Rott and a bit of Pit mixed in. Probably the happiest oaf we've ever had, we can't get through a day without cracking up at something he's done :)

[attachimg=1]

ChewMouse

Quote from: HorrorRetro on September 02, 2013, 09:19:02 PM
So good to see you again!  Sam is adorable, as are all the other gabbers' dogs.
I know, I know, I meant no offense. Everybody's dog is the best dog ever, but even after all these years, my heart beats in synch with Sam's.

I've been around, it's just been a rugged few months. And you know me, Gina, I cannot resist dogs!

HorrorRetro

Quote from: ChewMouse on September 02, 2013, 09:23:03 PM
I know, I know, I meant no offense. Everybody's dog is the best dog ever, but even after all these years, my heart beats in synch with Sam's.

I've been around, it's just been a rugged few months. And you know me, Gina, I cannot resist dogs!

Hope things smooth out for you.  Sadie has settled into our house just fine. She's such a little mom figure to the two other dogs, always giving them baths and keeping them in line.  And you know I know what you mean about having the best dog ever.  While I love all dogs, Elvis will always be my best dog.  There's not a day that goes by that I don't miss him.  :(

Jnthn932

Annabell and Scout, my German Short haired pointers.

ksm32

What a lot of great lookin folks! Who could not smile while looking at all these pictures of the living and the dearly missed.

Before we got Vera (at the top of thread) we had Henry, he had his own skateboard that he would push around as well as cart around the backyard. Whenever I would dig out the Christmas decorations I would shake his Christmas collar and he knew year to year.. and would come bounding to wear it all December, except nights because of the bells.

He was a fantastic Huge fella.

CampsieNP

My darling Buddy rescued in 2003 age 5 ish and we said our last good bye November 10th 2012. He was such a great dog. I love 'um all but Buddy was very special.

sleeplessinca

This is Tango and he is part dog, alpaca, cat and albino Tasmanian Devil.
[attachimg=1]
This is Kiki and Amber.  Kiki is in the Best Dog Ever Club, gone but far from forgotten.  Amber is always ready for me to give her a job.
[attachimg=2]

sleeplessinca

I thought about whether I should add this picture of Tango.  He looks like the dog at rescue who won't find a home. ( It's funny because I had a dog from hell that looked really cute.  We don't have him anymore).
Anyway, Tango thinks he's being super cute and is asking you to play. 
Really! 
You have to imagine him on the floor spread out like a seal and kind of lunging with odd little vocalizations and yips.  Maybe I should video him but I think you get the picture. 
My daughter taught him to do it.  She's a whiz at training animals.
Nice work, eh?
[attachimg=1]

basswood

Quote from: sleeplessinca on September 03, 2013, 04:05:16 PM
I thought about whether I should add this picture of Tango.  He looks like the dog at rescue who won't find a home. ( It's funny because I had a dog from hell that looked really cute.  We don't have him anymore).
Anyway, Tango thinks he's being super cute and is asking you to play. 
Really! 
You have to imagine him on the floor spread out like a seal and kind of lunging with odd little vocalizations and yips.  Maybe I should video him but I think you get the picture. 
My daughter taught him to do it.  She's a whiz at training animals.
Nice work, eh?
[attachimg=1]

LOL Only long-time dog owners will understand  ;)

lonevoice

Quote from: CampsieNP on September 02, 2013, 07:35:25 PM
You can't see their faces, but I am a crazy dog-lady who rescues, transports, and runs pet fairs/fundraisers for Maltese dogs.
Wow, Campsie, good for you!  I share a home with my Maltese guy, Jazz.  I have always had a dog for as long as I can remember, and always just one at a time.  My last dog was also a Maltese boy, my first experience with the breed.  The little guy who owns me now is almost 7, and I've had him since he was a puppy.  He is, hands down, the smartest dog I've ever had the privilege of knowing.  It's a different type of intelligence, and suits me perfectly.  He's not one for learning a bunch of tricks, or demonstrating his skills with obedience commands.  I actually never had to teach him anything.  From the beginning, he maintained constant eye contact, and with unusual intensity.  if I pointed a finger at him, he would sit.  If I put my palm out face down, he would lie down.  If I frowned at him, he would stop barking.  If I lift a questioning eyebrow, he will go get a toy for me to throw.  But I've never had to teach him these things.  I've tried before to figure out how many words he recognizes when he hears them, but I've lost count.  It's easily a hundred.   He also knows how to communicate what he wants in a myriad of ways.  He has a definite signal to tell me he wants eye wash, another one for ear drops, another one if he wants to be combed, and so many more.   He's calm, gentle, and very affectionate, though never in an overbearing way.   I don't expect to ever have another one like him; for me, he's the dog of a lifetime.

Oops, edited to add a picture of Jazz, since that's the topic of this thread.  :)

lonevoice

Quote from: sleeplessinca on September 03, 2013, 02:55:12 PM
Cute!  Is he a Chinese Crested?  I love his laughter in your next pic of him.

Quote from: sleeplessinca on September 03, 2013, 02:55:12 PM

Tango really does look like an alpaca dog. How cute!

sleeplessinca

Quote from: lonevoice on September 03, 2013, 06:31:37 PM
Cute!  Is he a Chinese Crested?  I love his laughter in your next pic of him.
Yes he's a Chinese Crested Powderpuff.  They are so cute sort of like mini-afghan hounds. 

CampsieNP

Quote from: lonevoice on September 03, 2013, 06:29:57 PM
I share a home with my Maltese guy, Jazz.  Oops, edited to add a picture of Jazz, since that's the topic of this thread.  :)

Oh lonevoice!! I knew I loved you. What a gorgious Malt and Jazz is just adorable. Maltese are really special dogs. We get a little crazy in my group when it comes to the breed. Pug people are kind of like us too. We have a great yahoo group we all post emails and pictures back and forward. It is very educational. If you are interested I could get the info to you. You would fit right in.
Of course the one I am fostering now looks like that chinese crested a bit, not real malty. She is a good girl. I just got a call from someone that wants to adopt her. It's hard to let them go, but people give them nice homes and before my tears dry, I am fostering the next one.

Foodlion

My dogs have such poor manners. Coco the monkey could have raised them better.

sleeplessinca

Quote from: Foodlion on September 04, 2013, 08:14:38 PM

How many wish this would be what most of Foodlion's  posts or a working ignore feature?

HorrorRetro

Quote from: CampsieNP on September 04, 2013, 08:09:44 PM
We get a little crazy in my group when it comes to the breed. Pug people are kind of like us too.

Yes, pug people are crazy about pugs.  ;D  We got our first rescue pug back in '99 and have had them ever since.  We're on our fourth now.  I'll always have pugs.  They are little clowns and have such great personalities.  I'm "one of those people" who dress up my pugs on occasion.  :-[  Mostly just for Halloween though.  Sadie is going to be a cheerleader for Halloween lol.

ksm32

Quote from: Foodlion on September 04, 2013, 08:14:38 PM

My dogs have such poor manners. Coco the monkey could have raised them better.

After review, the panel can not approve this submission. Although some of them are still laughing.

Foodlion

Quote from: sleeplessinca on September 04, 2013, 08:46:35 PM
How many wish this would be what most of Foodlion's  posts or a working ignore feature?
My dogs agree  ;D

CampsieNP

Quote from: ksm32 on September 04, 2013, 10:34:16 PM
After review, the panel can not approve this submission. Although some of them are still laughing.

Oddly, I am thinking of Ed Dames and his mail order bride as I view this picture.
Not sure who represents who though.

CampsieNP

Quote from: HorrorRetro on September 04, 2013, 09:31:06 PM
Yes, pug people are crazy about pugs.  ;D  We got our first rescue pug back in '99 and have had them ever since.  We're on our fourth now.  I'll always have pugs.  They are little clowns and have such great personalities.  I'm "one of those people" who dress up my pugs on occasion.  :-[  Mostly just for Halloween though.  Sadie is going to be a cheerleader for Halloween lol.

I LOVE Sadie. She is adorable. I love the way their eyes look. Our neighbor has a pug boy, Jackson, and he totally cracks me up just by looking at me with that little face.