Author Topic: Syria: The Next Stop?  (Read 21451 times)

Syria: The Next Stop?
« Reply #240 on: September 11, 2013, 02:52:34 AM »
It gets better; the UK is a signatory to the ban yet this week it's been revealed UK companies supplied the chemicals to make the compounds to make said weapons. So my worry is that a trigger happy US four star general might extrapolate the field of responsibility and I wake up one morning, dead. As for pesky legal grounds; I know you asked that, tongue firmly wedged behind your molars. Since when has an exercise in "pick a country on the world map to bomb" involved legalities? Syria have apparently (Or more specifically, Assad) said that once their alleged weapons have been removed and disposed of by the UN, they'll sign up to the chemical weapons ban; although I wonder if that includes biological weapons too? Certainly won't include conventional ordnance; they kill people 'nicely' by all accounts.

You're lucky that the UK isn't a small, weak Muslim country in the Middle East, situated in the proximity of a future planned oil pipeline. That British corporation would be censured and condemned in a world without double standards. It brings to mind a photo showing Donald Rumsfeld with Saddam Hussein, which brings to mind a photo showing John Kerry with Bashar Assad. It's dangerous to pose with officials when you're a dictator.

« Reply #241 on: September 11, 2013, 08:41:12 AM »
Obama...sent Susan Rice around this week to the Congress to drum up support for his attack on Syria....All the while both of them knowing it was a complete lie.
Which is the common factor shared by Benghazi and Syria.

« Reply #242 on: September 11, 2013, 09:01:10 AM »
Thank fuck! At bleeding last.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-24043751 

I just hope it's not just this week, or just next..

« Reply #243 on: September 11, 2013, 09:15:01 AM »
Thank fuck!
It's good to thank fuck every day for being alive.

« Reply #244 on: September 11, 2013, 09:29:59 AM »
Which is the common factor shared by Benghazi and Syria.

The members of the House and Senate - like them or not - are the representatives of the American people in DC. 

Back when Hilary Clinton and Barrack Obama were busily covering up the real story about what had happened in Benghazi, and creating a better cover story (several different versions, as it turned out), Susan Rice disgraced herself as the one willing and eager to go on all those Sunday shows, give daily interviews with the media, and flat out lie about the attacks in Benghazi being about some YouTube video.

This is who he chose to go around to brief our representatives in the Congress?  It's another example of the distain he has for anyone outside his administration.  Instead of still working at the State Dept, she ought to be in jail.

Remember when Obama's complete lack of experience and his scummy associates didn't matter because he was just so smart?

« Reply #245 on: September 11, 2013, 09:55:21 AM »
It's good to thank fuck every day for being alive.
there's a strange, uncomfortable truth to this

« Reply #246 on: September 11, 2013, 12:26:38 PM »
The Syria researcher whose Wall Street Journal op-piece was cited by Secretary of State John Kerry and Sen. John McCain during congressional hearings about the use of force has been fired from the Institute for the Study of War for lying about having a Ph.D., the group announced on Wednesday.
http://www.politico.com/story/2013/09/wall-street-journal-elizabeth-obagy-fired-96637.html#ixzz2ebdcS9iD

« Reply #247 on: September 11, 2013, 07:56:15 PM »

Obama is incredibly arrogant, and has learned to just keep pushing.  With the Assad regime weakened by war and the Sunni Islamic terrorists well positioned to take over if the regime falls, I would expect Obama to lay low for a short period then start looking for ways to help his friends again.

We have 800 soldiers in Jordan recently sent there for 'training', 'advising', and who knows what all else (so much for the lies about 'no boots on the ground'), perhaps covert ops in Syria?

« Reply #248 on: September 12, 2013, 01:01:59 AM »

I learned something today. Scratch(?) what I said yesterday. Evidently, the country was a signatory to a ban during the World War II era. Are they legally beholden to the new ban or the old ban?

« Reply #249 on: September 13, 2013, 03:01:07 PM »

Obama is incredibly arrogant, and has learned to just keep pushing.  With the Assad regime weakened by war and the Sunni Islamic terrorists well positioned to take over if the regime falls, I would expect Obama to lay low for a short period then start looking for ways to help his friends again.

We have 800 soldiers in Jordan recently sent there for 'training', 'advising', and who knows what all else (so much for the lies about 'no boots on the ground'), perhaps covert ops in Syria?
Want incredibly arrogant?  Your idol Putin now has to show the world he can deliver on Assad's promise to give his chems away.  Good luck. 
Putin should resign. He's in over his head. He's a disgrace.

« Reply #250 on: September 14, 2013, 07:52:26 AM »
If you don't like Putin, there's something you can do to oppose him.  His power comes from oil money.  The best way to reduce Russia's oil power is to support natural gas and oil production in the US - through fracking.

« Reply #251 on: September 14, 2013, 08:26:53 AM »
If you don't like Putin, there's something you can do to oppose him.  His power comes from oil money.  The best way to reduce Russia's oil power is to support natural gas and oil production in the US - through fracking.

I would rather we get off our collective dumb asses and start converting to cleaner energies. Rather than give cheney another dime.

And fracking just on the damage it does to aquifers is enough to know it is a bad idea.

« Reply #252 on: September 14, 2013, 09:37:39 AM »
Ford had a car a few years ago that actually cleaned the air.  The car had very little emissions, and it had a radiator made of some substance that collected and held molecules of pollution as it drove through the air.  The radiator collected more pollution than the car emitted.  I wonder what happened to that?

« Reply #253 on: September 14, 2013, 09:43:58 AM »
Ford had a car a few years ago that actually cleaned the air.  The car had very little emissions, and it had a radiator made of some substance that collected and held molecules of pollution as it drove through the air.  The radiator collected more pollution than the car emitted.  I wonder what happened to that?

I found this. will look at it when I feel a bit better.

http://inhabitat.com/bmw-hydrogen-car-cleans-the-air/

« Reply #254 on: September 17, 2013, 05:26:14 PM »
I like when American geniuses step in to give us new options:

www.teslamotors.com

...of course, you need to make UFOFill money to afford one right now, but these are gorgeous cars.

« Reply #255 on: September 17, 2013, 05:38:55 PM »
I saw a Tesla in the parking lot in front of Home Depot last week.  A very attractive woman was driving it.  I have some suspicion that it might have been radio host Clark Howard's model/wife. 

I'd like to know how energy efficient these things really are.  How much energy does it take to make them?  How long do the batteries last?  What happens when the batteries die?  It's great to think you're driving along without burning gasoline, but are you really being energy efficient? 

« Reply #256 on: September 17, 2013, 07:10:30 PM »
I saw a Tesla in the parking lot in front of Home Depot last week.  A very attractive woman was driving it.  I have some suspicion that it might have been radio host Clark Howard's model/wife. 

I'd like to know how energy efficient these things really are.  How much energy does it take to make them?  How long do the batteries last?  What happens when the batteries die?  It's great to think you're driving along without burning gasoline, but are you really being energy efficient?

http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/magazine/2013/07/tesla-model-s-review/index.htm

99 out of 100 rating including long battery life, ease of handling, overall design. Elon Musk is going to create a series of battery swap stations where you can do battery changes in 90 seconds:

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2013/06/22/tesla-motors-ceo-elon-musk-unveils-new-battery-swap-system-for-model-s.html

Please forgive Daily Beast as the source - it reads like the CNBC article but I can't find that.

« Reply #257 on: March 07, 2014, 11:20:26 AM »
Here are a couple of geniuses, homie

« Reply #258 on: March 07, 2014, 11:26:32 AM »

Maybe they were inspired by mercenaries in Iraq and Afghanistan?

« Reply #259 on: March 07, 2014, 11:35:30 AM »

I call bullshit. That's Detroit.  Not Syria. 

« Reply #260 on: March 07, 2014, 05:22:30 PM »
I call bullshit. That's Detroit.  Not Syria.
Actually, I think that's my next door neighbor...

« Reply #261 on: November 07, 2019, 01:55:38 AM »
Will Syria be the next stop on the USA's eternal war world tour?...?

tHIS assertaitiaon is sumbfulidousl.

-d