• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Breaking Bad

Started by bateman, August 09, 2013, 05:16:17 PM

HorrorRetro

Quote from: FightTheFuture on September 30, 2013, 10:18:00 AM
I have never watched a single ep. of this series. It just didn`t interest me in the slightest.

That's how I felt before I watched my first episode a few years into the series.  I never expected to like it.  I didn't like it. I loved it.  I just watched the final episode a few minutes ago.  Perfection.

Quote from: FightTheFuture on September 30, 2013, 10:18:00 AM
I have never watched a single ep. of this series. It just didn`t interest me in the slightest. But I really like Vince. Met him years ago, and he`s as down to earth as they come. I loved his work on the X-Files.

For all the times I've seen him on tv, Vince Gilligan does come across as the nicest, most down to earth guy. I like his collaborative attitude with his writers and actors, which translated into a memorable series. But X-Files was equally memorable. And then there's the story about his kindness to a terminally ill fan of BB. Yep, a nice guy indeed. How rare is that in Hollywood?

CampsieNP

So, Netflix did not carry the last 8 episodes. The DVD's were released yesterday. I just finished this incredible series tonight. When Baby Blue played I was crying my eyes out. I have not enjoyed a series this much since the Sopranos. What a great show this was. I am sad it is over but they tied everything up which was good. I would not watched if you guys had not all said how good it was. Thank you. 

Mels-hole1984

Quote from: CampsieNP on November 28, 2013, 10:04:53 PM
So, Netflix did not carry the last 8 episodes. The DVD's were released yesterday. I just finished this incredible series tonight. When Baby Blue played I was crying my eyes out. I have not enjoyed a series this much since the Sopranos. What a great show this was. I am sad it is over but they tied everything up which was good. I would not watched if you guys had not all said how good it was. Thank you.

I binge watched it a couple of weeks ago. I don't have netflix but I did watch it for free here.

http://www.couchtuner.eu/breaking-bad/

BobGrau

Quote from: CampsieNP on November 28, 2013, 10:04:53 PM
So, Netflix did not carry the last 8 episodes...

I'm confused... I watched the last 8 episodes on netflix?

Quote from: BobGrau on November 30, 2013, 04:40:39 AM
I'm confused... I watched the last 8 episodes on netflix?

Netflix has season 5, episodes 1-8 available but season 5 is a total of 13 episodes.

BobGrau

Quote from: Mind Flayer Monk on November 30, 2013, 11:21:04 AM
Netflix has season 5, episodes 1-8 available but season 5 is a total of 13 episodes.

Got season 5, episodes 1-16 here. Must be a UK thing. I only mention it cause for a moment there I might have more episodes to watch!

Ravenna

Quote from: HorrorRetro on September 30, 2013, 06:02:24 PM
That's how I felt before I watched my first episode a few years into the series.  I never expected to like it.  I didn't like it. I loved it.  I just watched the final episode a few minutes ago.  Perfection.

This is what I tell friends of mine who haven't seen it:  rent disc 1 of Season 1, and watch episodes 1 and 2.  If you're not completely hooked after watching episode #2, check to see if you have a pulse.  Anyone alive who has any vitality or discernment whatsoever, is going to be hooked on this show after episode 2.  Probably the best #1 and #2 episodes of any TV series I've seen ever (and I've seen a LOT of them, being a TV junkie since a toddler).

eddie dean

Quote from: Ravenna on November 30, 2013, 10:18:48 PM
This is what I tell friends of mine who haven't seen it:  rent disc 1 of Season 1, and watch episodes 1 and 2.  If you're not completely hooked after watching episode #2, check to see if you have a pulse.  Anyone alive who has any vitality or discernment whatsoever, is going to be hooked on this show after episode 2.  Probably the best #1 and #2 episodes of any TV series I've seen ever (and I've seen a LOT of them, being a TV junkie since a toddler).

I wish I could erase all knowledge of this brilliant series,  so I could watch it again with the wonder and amazement of a first time viewer!!
Eternal Breaking Bad of the spotless mind.

Ravenna

People who write it off because it's about "a cancer-ridden teacher who turns to making drugs in order to leave money for his family coz he's going to die".... well, they're missing out in a very big way.  Probably one of the best dramatic series to ever appear on television, plain and simple.

to undergo a viewing of the complete series in less than a week was one hell of a ride. i empathized with the characters Mike and Walt on levels i have not recalled in a long time. the final scene was the best.

final song for the last scene... not the scene itself so as not to spoil it.

Badfinger - Baby blue

in one of the episodes there was a reference to Babylon 5.

Bryan Cranston in Babylon 5

bateman

Quote from: Evil Twin Of Zen on December 10, 2013, 02:21:01 AM
to undergo a viewing of the complete series in less than a week was one hell of a ride. i empathized with the characters Mike and Walt on levels i have not recalled in a long time. the final scene was the best.

final song for the last scene... not the scene itself so as not to spoil it.

Badfinger - Baby blue

... How the? Did you sleep AT ALL? Weren't your eyes bleeding out of your face?

eddie dean

Quote from: bateman on December 11, 2013, 06:23:41 PM
... How the? Did you sleep AT ALL? Weren't your eyes bleeding out of your face?

Crystal Blue Persuasion? ;) ;D

Tarbaby

I got into Breaking Bad late. Right now I'm watching episode 11, Season 5.
But (dur to my vision loss) I don't know what happened to big bad Mike. I don't know if we have to worry about spoilers here but if it's allowable can someone tell me? I heard  Walt talking to Mike and I think Mike pulled away in his car… and I heard his words to Walt. But I don't know what happened to him exactly. I thought I heard a bang or a shot.

eddie dean

Quote from: Tarbaby on December 13, 2013, 12:31:40 PM
I got into Breaking Bad late. Right now I'm watching episode 11, Season 5.
But (dur to my vision loss) I don't know what happened to big bad Mike. I don't know if we have to worry about spoilers here but if it's allowable can someone tell me? I heard  Walt talking to Mike and I think Mike pulled away in his car… and I heard his words to Walt. But I don't know what happened to him exactly. I thought I heard a bang or a shot.
I don't want to spoil it for you by misunderstanding exactly what scene you are talking about. Is it the one where walt brings mike the go bag?

Bob Odenkirk doing a "What's In My Bag" at Amoeba Records.
The "What's In My Bag" series is really fun, lets you see the things the artists buy.

http://youtu.be/9Q1A80lJHOo

MV/Liberace!

i want to punch walter jr. in the face.

Jackstar

Quote from: MV on May 29, 2014, 11:11:16 AM
i want to punch walter jr. in the face.

Can you use Skyler's nose for that?

Chine

Following the well deserved Emmy's sweep, I decided to begin the series again. Revisiting it, one can appreciate the weight of quality in both writing and the actor's choices. First time, you're attention is following the story. Attention is a forward momentum, for the 'what next?'...Yet, returning to it , you will pick up on the most subtle and effective choices in character. Example: Giancarlo Esposito (Gus) delivers a terrifying scene with an elegance in the episode 'Box Cutter ) Season 4. Episode 1. The simple scene with an elegance in the episode 'Box Cutter ) Season 4. Episode 1. The simple actions of folding his tie, or wiping the rim of his glasses. A quiet power that produces and raises tension... each movement is beautifully paced that has you on the edge of your seat. Quiet Power... Refinement birthing horror. Jumping to my recent thoughts on another series/character. Mads Mikkelsen achieves this in the same vein as 'Hannibal.'

Chine

Ugh. I'm on Season 5 now (my second time watching it all over again from beginning to end.) And that reality sets in, it's the ending of a great series. What a great ride.

Up All Night

I've seen maybe about one episode, from what year I do not remember.

For anyone that has seen all seasons of Breaking Bad,  I am curious as to what people groups the series highlighted as users of the meth, and by answering that, I will see who the series chose *not* to highlight as users.

I don't know the answer, but, I'll kindly wait for your response.

Ciardelo

Quote from: Up All Night on January 20, 2017, 12:37:09 AM
I've seen maybe about one episode, from what year I do not remember.

For anyone that has seen all seasons of Breaking Bad,  I am curious as to what people groups the series highlighted as users of the meth, and by answering that, I will see who the series chose *not* to highlight as users.

I don't know the answer, but, I'll kindly wait for your response.
Walter White did not use from his stash. But you sound very biased, so that's all you get from me until you watch at least the first season, in order and report back.

I'll impatiently await your response.

Jackstar

I hope all the people who rag on meth while millions of people die from alcohol, all get cancer in their anuses.

Up All Night

I was reading up on why the pharmacy asked for my DL to purchase a non-prescription drug, Mucinex D. It has pseudoephedrine in it. Wiki told me that that kind of OTC drug is used as a pre-cursor to making meth, and so it's distribution is monitored.

So, in then reading about meth, the article disclosed that the gay community uses meth to have days long sex parties. I did not know this. So, I was wondering if the gritiness of Breaking Bad dared to touch on that use of the drug the characters were making and distributing. That's all...

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Up All Night on January 20, 2017, 04:55:05 PM
I was reading up on why the pharmacy asked for my DL to purchase a non-prescription drug, Mucinex D. It has pseudoephedrine in it. Wiki told me that that kind of OTC drug is used as a pre-cursor to making meth, and so it's distribution is monitored.

So, in then reading about meth, the article disclosed that the gay community uses meth to have days long sex parties. I did not know this. So, I was wondering if the gritiness of Breaking Bad dared to touch on that use of the drug the characters were making and distributing. That's all...

Look, it's one of the best TV shows ever...EVER! Just watch the fucking show!  ::) ;)

Ciardelo

Ghey-Curiousness, huh? You know if you think about days-long sex-crazed ghey parties you might have caught the ghey. Have you talked this over with your pastor?

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Ciardelo on January 20, 2017, 05:04:03 PM
Ghey-Curiousness, huh? You know if you think about days-long sex-crazed ghey parties you might have caught the ghey. Have you talked this over with your pastor?

Whachew talkin' bout, Willis?!  ???

Ciardelo

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on January 20, 2017, 05:05:59 PM
Whachew talkin' bout, Willis?!  ???
Medically speaking Doc, it appears the up-all-night person is being kept awake by fantasies of days-long gay sex parties. I don't know if modern medicine can alleviate his condition so I suggested he talk it over with his primary spiritual advisor.  ;)

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Ciardelo on January 20, 2017, 05:14:27 PM
Medically speaking Doc, it appears the up-all-night person is being kept awake by fantasies of days-long gay sex parties. I don't know if modern medicine can alleviate his condition so I suggested he talk it over with his primary spiritual advisor.  ;)

His fantasies of extended lemon parties are his business. I still don't see what this has to do with the show Breaking Bad.  ???