• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Breaking Bad

Started by bateman, August 09, 2013, 05:16:17 PM

Foodlion

Damn skippy. The only question is...... Who dies on tonites epesode?
Too bad Maria and Skyler couldn't appear from the sands and absorb every bullet with their bodies. That would be great! No more lame husband/wife interactions.  :P

eddie dean

Quote from: Foodlion on September 15, 2013, 06:47:36 PM
Damn skippy. The only question is...... Who dies on tonites epesode?
Too bad Maria and Skyler couldn't appear from the sands and absorb every bullet with their bodies. That would be great! No more lame husband/wife interactions.  :P

if Hank dies, it will set in motion the fall of the family and force Walt to disappear and grow a beard.

Foodlion

WARNING SPOILER BELOW

Rip  H a n k
Rip  G o m e z

Now that the nazi gangsters have almost all of walt's money, we know who the M60 is for atleast.

eddie dean

And the transformation from Mr. Chips to Scarface is complete! Walt is pure evil!

eddie dean

Quote from: Foodlion on September 15, 2013, 07:24:32 PM
WARNING SPOILER BELOW

Rip  H a n k
Rip  G o m e z

Now that the nazi gangsters have almost all of walt's money, we know who the M60 is for atleast.
I agree, but there is probably a twist. I'm not sure what kind of twist, but who is left that could be  a threat to Walt? The evil nazis? Jessie? Marie? Skylar?

Foodlion

Quote from: eddie dean on September 15, 2013, 07:41:50 PM
I agree, but there is probably a twist. I'm not sure what kind of twist, but who is left that could be  a threat to Walt? The evil nazis? Jessie? Marie? Skylar?
Going by what was shown on the next epesode preview, Walter turns against the Gangsters, and the Gangsters want him dead.

Walt could easily use them to take the fall for the crimes. Maybe he would tell police that he wanted to get his family out of there for their safety and they didn't want to go.
He could have said he was with his brother in law doing another DEA fieldtrip when they were killed and he fled. As always, I'm left stumped :P

eddie dean

SPOILER***
Brian Cranston is an amazing actor! The contrast of emotions, revenge and sacrifice, ego and kindness is really quite brilliant. He is perfect in this role and I hope he is not typecast like some actors have been after a great series & performance.
Skylar makes a stand, a little late don't you think? I feel really bad for Jr. He was blindsided with this whole thing.
I've said this before, Walt's career in meth was all about the money and security it brings for his family. His primary motivation.
Now that he has lost 85% of his money,  what does his return to Albuquerque mean?
Could it mean something positive, Only if a m60 shoots love darts. Does he finally realize he has to try to salvage his soul and try to make things right?
Maybe the months in exile in New Hampshire will give Walt perspective enough to shed his self deluded notions of "I just need to 'take care' of this one last problem, and I wont have to kill anymore.  It will be smooth sailing from here on out"
Maybe he makes amends with Jessie and saves him from being a meth cook slave?(if he is still alive)
Maybe his ego drives him to battle it out with the nazi supremacists to get his money back.
Maybe his motivations are to avenge Hanks death.
Whatever he does it won't make much difference to all the people who's lives he has ruined.
I'm leaning towards some way of restoring his soul. Even if it is only in his own mind by using his faulty logic. 
The BB actors were hinting about the end and how it's true to the characters in the story.
The m60 and ricen will be just another delusion from Walt to try and salvage his soul. He will probably die of cancer, alone and full of regrets.

If David Chase was writing this series, tonight's episode would have been the last one. Uncomfortably, forcing the viewer to speculate Walt, his family and Jessie's fate.

Ravenna

Spoilers!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!

Did you see Walt get driven away in the Change of Identity van?  That's all that's left to him now.  He even threw away the last of Jesse's love for him by telling him he'd just watched Jane die.

And poor Jesse -- chained up and forced to cook with Todd, who had an ulterior motive for keeping Jesse alive.

Good episode, but depressing.

SnoorysStache

Holy shit. Amazing episode. Did y'all catch the reference to the pilot episode? Check out the screen grab here. http://media.boingboing.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Screen-Shot-2013-09-15-at-11.47.jpg

Ravenna

Is that the outfit thing apron whatever that Walt wore when cooking in the RV?

jazmunda

That episode blew my mind. Walt is a step away from going postal.

sleeplessinca

I thought I posted.  Bateman called this episode very well, sad to say. 
I couldn't watch some of it - I guess I take it more seriously cuz I've seen things go bad just not as dramatically bad as this.  Jesse's plight is horrible and the marriage dynamic brought back some uncomfortable memories. 

I liked Flynn for the first time as he protected his mom and immediately refused to go along with his father.  He made a break long ago with the new name, something only Marie respected.I hope Flynn ends up raising his sister Holly with Marie.   

My heart broke for Marie when she heard Walt's call.  I really want the good guys to win and for Walter and the "White"gang to eat it, but it will end like they say - in a Breaking Bad way.   

sleeplessinca

Aaron Paul posted this on his Instagram.
Clearly everyone needed a laugh.
I know I did
[attachimg=1]

bateman

Quote from: sleeplessinca on September 18, 2013, 03:45:27 AM
Bateman called this episode very well, sad to say. 

I was about 75% right. Todd, Marie & Skyler made it out alive. This week's debatable though.. HOW THE HELL ARE THERE ONLY 2 EPISODES LEFT

sleeplessinca

You were so much closer than me it isn't even funny.  I ind it hard to watch.

Now who is the ricin for?

The white gang has to go down....

eddie dean

Quote from: sleeplessinca on September 18, 2013, 03:23:15 PM
Aaron Paul posted this on his Instagram.
Clearly everyone needed a laugh.
I know I did
[attachimg=1]

Thanks for the laugh!
great picture

Sardondi

Quote from: bateman on September 20, 2013, 12:18:51 PMI was about 75% right. Todd, Marie & Skyler made it out alive. This week's debatable though.. HOW THE HELL ARE THERE ONLY 2 EPISODES LEFT
2 total, or just in a "first-half of the last season" kind of thing?

sleeplessinca

Quote from: Sardondi on September 20, 2013, 04:17:58 PM
2 total, or just in a "first-half of the last season" kind of thing?
C'est tout

eddie dean

The penultimate episode tonight "Granite State" is longer than usual. 1hr 15min instead of 1hr 4min.

"I'm just a douchebag with three pairs of Dockers."

Sardondi

This is 9th Circle of Hell stuff. Just poke my eyes out before I watch more! It just gets worse and worse. Everything...everything...is gone. POSSIBLE SPOILERS

There's a laughably horrendous movie of a bad, bad book, by Norman Mailer: it's Tough Guys Don't Dance, and the movie stars Ryan O'Neal, which clues you in already that it sucks hugely. But there's a brilliant single line in a conversation between two men who have both lost everything that made their lives worth living. And one asks the other (this is all from memory now),
"How do you think I felt?"
"Like ashes."
"You really do know how I felt."

Well, Walt's entire life, I mean every.single.thing, is ashes now. All burned to hell and gone. His own son has demanded that he die and leave them all alone. His life is literally pointless. There's no way he's gonna be able to kill all who need killing. But it would be nice if he could.

We have 3 vectors of revenge: 1) Jack's Gang; 2) Lydia; and 3) Grey Matter principles, the Elliot and Gretchen Schwartz. There doesn't seem to be enough time left in Walt's account to do any killing, since he's already debilitated and has lost a great deal of weight. Maybe Walt has come up with one of his brilliant plans where he takes all his nemeses plus himself out in a blaze of glory and reckoning.

As for Jesse, there's something crazy brewing with his showdown. I suspect a deus ex machina

The most dangerous man alive is the one who has nothing to lose. Walter has nothing to lose at this point. It's just a question of how he goes out - in or out of his blaze of retribution. I  have a feeling 'blaze' is the operative word for Jack's gang, like the blaze that brought down Gus's lab. I wonder if his months of thinking have taught him anything - that he is directly responsible for the misery in his and others' lives and whether he knows it was his actions, and not Jesse's, that killed Hank. It'll be interesting to see if he forgives Jesse, and redeems himself a little at the end. But I hope Jesse, the reluctant shooter, takes out the psychopath Todd.

sleeplessinca

That extended episode flew by. Penultimate?  There is work to do. 
What will the gang do with all that money and punching bag Jesse?  He has nothing left to lose. Will he join only to do them all in?  His future is bleak.  Will he cook and gas them all somehow?
How does the APD not know about them anyway?  Wouldn't they always have eyes on ex-cons like them? They were too small time till now I guess. 
I guess the carwash was seized.  Pity. 

"It's not over until <coughs>".
Walt doesn't call all the shots.

bateman

Next week: vengeance or redemption..? Vengeance, then redemption? Could it be both?

Quote from: sleeplessinca on September 23, 2013, 06:09:22 AM

"It's not over until <coughs>".
Walt doesn't call all the shots.

That was a real kick in the teeth scene. For a minute, I felt sorry for Walt but I also felt sorry for him when Junior refused his cash and told him to die. Walt Sr. really doesn't have a clue.

At one time I thought Jesse wrote 'Heisenberg' on the White family's walls, but now it's obvious it wasn't him. Was it Walt Jr or, even more demeaning, some skater kids or meth heads messing up the place? Walt lost everything, even his money as it's clear the disappearer guy is just waiting for him to die to take it all.

sleeplessinca

The "it's not over until <aaaaaaaaa cough cough>" reminded me of a Monty Python skit for some reason.