• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Things that bring me joy....

Started by West of the Rockies, July 19, 2013, 03:21:12 PM

World junior hockey.  Russia vs. Canada for the gold. 

Bart Ell

Quote from: RealCool Daddio on January 05, 2015, 09:20:50 PM
World junior hockey.  Russia vs. Canada for the gold.

A team with a Maple Leaf actually won something in that city... barely.
That's what winning looks like in color, Toronto. Oops, I mean colour.

Canada hanging on to win 5-4.

[attachimg=1]

Bart Ell

Quote from: RealCool Daddio on January 05, 2015, 09:35:05 PM
Canada hanging on to win 5-4.

[attachimg=1]

Take the picture in Australia?

Heather Wade

Quote from: Catsmile on January 04, 2015, 04:17:27 PM
Reckon I was a bit vague about the Voyager or Enterprise question.
I was thinking which show do you like better Voyager or Enterprise, not so much which ship.
It brings me joy, reading the thoughts of someone whoz so engrossed in the Trekiverse.

Now the feature films, list them from best to worst in your opinion. All 12, please. Thanks. :D

Heres a list to help with the ranking:
http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Star_Trek_films

Brings me joy too, but I want to look for a Star Trek thread to answer this so as not to annoy those to whom Star Trek does not bring joy.

Quote from: (Redacted) on January 05, 2015, 09:57:09 PM

Brings me joy too, but I want to look for a Star Trek thread to answer this so as not to annoy those to whom Star Trek does not bring joy.

Okay, but don't pollute the Star Trek: The Original Series thread with this impure discussion  :P .

Up All Night

The No-Call that has the world upset

ksm32

The surprised and probably frightened guy who stuck his head out the tent this frosty morning might have found Joy in this.  I smile every time I see it :)

Rare, random, and beautiful.

paladin1991

Quote from: Catsmile on January 04, 2015, 12:04:23 AM
Archer or Janeway?
Voyager or Enterprise?
Janeway.  Janeway and her trained minx, 7 of 9! 

Catsmile

Quote from: b_dubb on January 06, 2015, 05:18:48 AM
Amazing

Yeah it's amazing how smart the bear is, inspecting the dog to see if it's tender and juicy enough to eat. Just like us in the meat department. ;)

ksm32

Quote from: Catsmile on January 08, 2015, 03:22:53 PM
Yeah it's amazing how smart the bear is, inspecting the dog to see if it's tender and juicy enough to eat. Just like us in the meat department. ;)

Way to ruin it.   I'm reporting you.  TO B_DUBB!

Heather Wade

Quote from: ksm32 on January 06, 2015, 02:55:28 AM
The surprised and probably frightened guy who stuck his head out the tent this frosty morning might have found Joy in this.  I smile every time I see it :)

Rare, random, and beautiful.

That.  Is beautiful.  Thanks for posting that, dude.

ksm32

Quote from: (Redacted) on January 09, 2015, 01:01:58 AM

That.  Is beautiful.  Thanks for posting that, dude.

Huskies are not small dogs either.. That bear is HUUGE!!! Over 4 FT at the shoulder.

And he's bear naked ;D               sorry..

pyewacket

Compassion and kindness... and squirrels! Hey, zeebo- friends of yours?

Try to do

Quote from: pyewacket on January 10, 2015, 12:40:37 PM
Compassion and kindness... and squirrels! Hey, zeebo- friends of yours?

Try to do

I didn't know squirrels had to teach their children how to jump.  That it's learned and not just instinctual demonstrates cognition and higher intelligence.

pyewacket

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on January 10, 2015, 04:22:20 PM
I didn't know squirrels had to teach their children how to jump.  That it's learned and not just instinctual demonstrates cognition and higher intelligence.

They are impressive, intelligent little creatures.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/07/06/science/06angi.html?_r=0

Quote from: pyewacket on January 10, 2015, 06:13:46 PM
They are impressive, intelligent little creatures.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/07/06/science/06angi.html?_r=0

That's for sure!  A couple of winters ago, I put some nuts in a tall jar and stood it up on the ground outside my kitchen window just to see how the squirrels would deal with it.  The first one to discover it sniffed around the jar for awhile and then knocked it over.  It couldn't reach the nuts, and after a couple of minutes of trying, it started rolling the jar back and forth until the nuts slid up to where the squirrel could reach them.  After it left, I set the jar back up, when it came back it immediately repeated the procedure it had just learned.  Most impressive!

I enjoy our gray squirrels a lot, but the prettiest ones I've ever seen are the multi-colored, patchwork ardillas in Costa Rica (and elsewhere in Central America).  They often move around the trees more like monkeys than squirrels, and a lot of tourists mistake them for little monkeys.

[attachimg=1] 

pyewacket

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on January 10, 2015, 07:27:40 PM
That's for sure!  A couple of winters ago, I put some nuts in a tall jar and stood it up on the ground outside my kitchen window just to see how the squirrels would deal with it.  The first one to discover it sniffed around the jar for awhile and then knocked it over.  It couldn't reach the nuts, and after a couple of minutes of trying, it started rolling the jar back and forth until the nuts slid up to where the squirrel could reach them.  After it left, I set the jar back up, when it came back it immediately repeated the procedure it had just learned.  Most impressive!

I enjoy our gray squirrels a lot, but the prettiest ones I've ever seen are the multi-colored, patchwork ardillas in Costa Rica (and elsewhere in Central America).  They often move around the trees more like monkeys than squirrels, and a lot of tourists mistake them for little monkeys.

[attachimg=1]

RGG- Thank you for sharing your squirrel stories. I had no idea they came in multi colors!

You might have seen these documentaries- here's part 1:

Daylight Robbery 2 - Part 1 of 4 (Grey Squirrels)

Quote from: pyewacket on January 10, 2015, 07:51:56 PM
RGG- Thank you for sharing your squirrel stories. I had no idea they came in multi colors!

You might have seen these documentaries- here's part 1:

I just watched the whole show--fun stuff!  I've seen some other obstacle course videos, and they're amazing.  I can't understand why they go to all the trouble to solve those when they could find easier pickings, though.  Maybe they just love the challenge and refuse to give in!

pyewacket

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on January 10, 2015, 10:07:24 PM

I just watched the whole show--fun stuff!  I've seen some other obstacle course videos, and they're amazing.  I can't understand why they go to all the trouble to solve those when they could find easier pickings, though.  Maybe they just love the challenge and refuse to give in!

I think they like the challenge! Not to sound like one of GN's wacky guests, but perhaps that's how nature allows them to evolve and become smarter so they are better able to adapt and survive. A gift to the next generation that they, in turn, can develop further.

Glad you liked the show.  :)

I bet big on the under, and the refs are starting to call holding and false starts in the final 9 minutes. Joy  :)

pate

Totally secrut, I say,

RETARD is equl" UNSPEAKABLE

WildCard

Quote from: (Redacted) on January 05, 2015, 09:57:09 PM

Fuck those people.
Loved, "The Original Series". Heard the original cast wanted too much money so the studios resorted to, "The Next Generation". Never could get into those.

Loved, "Star Trek" from the "Alternate Reality films". Haven't seen, "Star Trek Into Darkness".

THE Ohio State Buckeyes

National Champions

Quote from: pyewacket on January 10, 2015, 07:51:56 PM

I just realized this isn't a Costa Rican squirrel.  It's zeebo, steppin' out and stayin' alive back in his disco days.  Sorry about that.  My mistake.   :D

[attachimg=1]

b_dubb

Quote from: FightTheFuture on January 13, 2015, 08:59:21 AM
THE Ohio State Buckeyes

National Champions

Ohio State outspends every other program by six to eight million dollars per year. I'd expect them to win the championship every year.