• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Things that bring me joy....

Started by West of the Rockies, July 19, 2013, 03:21:12 PM

3OctaveFart

Chine-
Natalie Dormer. I've never seen GoT but I am/was a Tudors freak. She played the doomed Anne Boleyn on the show.

Chine

Quote from: Meatie Pie on July 31, 2015, 10:50:46 AM
Chine-
Natalie Dormer. I've never seen GoT but I am/was a Tudors freak. She played the doomed Anne Boleyn on the show.

I'm familiar with Tudors but never watched it. A couple of friends suggested it as they loved the series.

Dyna-X

Cats, coffee, 60s and 70s music, exploring the deeper questions of life and the universe, warm summer days, the smile you get when you've made someone's day.

3OctaveFart

Chine, you should give it a chance. There is a lot of the sexy times but that's a central part of the narrative.

aldousburbank

When good things happen to good people, especially when they're my friends.

Gemstone

Quote from: aldousburbank on August 01, 2015, 09:49:12 PM
When good things happen to good people, especially when they're my friends.
Yes, whether it's well earned,  well deserved or random.

eddie dean

classless meth freaks  don't bring me joy.

Jackstar

Quote from: eddie dean on August 01, 2015, 11:10:02 PM
classless meth freaks  don't bring me joy.

The proximity of my post to yours was purely inadvertent, and no slight was meant upon you or your dear sainted mother.

In fact, I did not see your post until after I had published mine. The shocking incongruity was an unexpected thing that brought me joy.

albrecht

Forget paranormaldate but I would like these people to get together. They have found the secret to longevity, whiskey/whisky (they differ in their tipple of choice)

http://www.northjersey.com/news/at-110-agnes-fenton-of-englewood-has-nothing-to-complain-about-1.1383853
"And just like that, the beloved Englewood resident â€" who has extolled the wonders of Miller High Life and Johnnie Walker â€" will punch her ticket into the ultra-exclusive “supercentenarian” club."

http://www.houstonchronicle.com/news/houston-texas/houston/article/At-107-nation-s-oldest-veteran-enjoys-limelight-4965938.php?t=fdba0656a75eb86e8f
"Richard Overton, an Army veteran of World War II now living in Austin, Texas, still enjoys cigars and whiskey."

whoozit

The moment you get together with a long lost friend and realize you've never really been apart.

wr250

Quote from: aldousburbank on August 09, 2015, 07:47:45 AM
Coffee on my porch at sunrise.
tree fresh peaches. a guy around hte corner is selling them. there isn't much better

Caruthers612

Quote from: Meatie Pie on July 31, 2015, 10:50:46 AM
Chine-

Bone! Yeah, baby, sign me up for thirty helpings of Natalie Dormer.

Caruthers612

What would bring me more joy than I can espress would be the slow, painful and televised death of every activist on earth. God, I hate activists...

Watching the Perseid meteorite shower with my kid outside at 3:00 AM this morning. We got to see a couple of really good ones shoot across the sky. 

aldousburbank

The Art Bell x (Redacted) gabcast interview on artbell.com has 5,795 hits, and 20,383 on Youtube. Over 26,000 views in less than a month!

pate

Those dang-oh Rain Checks...

Nigh unto unpossible to cash.

I have to laugh.

chinaclipper

watching the panda cam at the national zoo...twins!

aldousburbank

My badass electric bike fleet. The fun I have riding these surpasses my ability to convey with words. Wheee!

chefist

Quote from: aldousburbank on August 31, 2015, 06:15:01 PM
My badass electric bike fleet. The fun I have riding these surpasses my ability to convey with words. Wheee!

those are badass cool! are they made there in San Fran?

aldousburbank

Quote from: chefist on August 31, 2015, 06:20:38 PM
those are badass cool! are they made there in San Fran?
The Pedego company is based in Irvine, CA. Manufacturing in PR o' China. I go with the 700 watt batteries high power Trail Trackers and a Ford/Pedego hybrid model (a beauty).  One of my long time buddies owns a successful dealership nearby. On the Ford model one can easily do a level ground peda/cruisel at 25 mph. So much fun.

chefist

Quote from: aldousburbank on August 31, 2015, 06:26:35 PM
The Pedego company is based in Irvine, CA. Manufacturing in PR o' China. I go with the 700 watt batteries high power Trail Trackers and a Ford/Pedego hybrid model (a beauty).  One of my long time buddies owns a successful dealership nearby. On the Ford model one can easily do a level ground peda/cruisel at 25 mph. So much fun.

wow. love it...where can I look into a dealership?

aldousburbank

Quote from: chefist on August 31, 2015, 06:28:24 PM
wow. love it...where can I look into a dealership?
Right?
I got close to partnering with my buddy (Tim) in a Tucson dealership but we recently decided on a new Cali location instead. Here he is http://www.practicalcycle.com/
A good portion of his biz is done online and he'll make sure you're happy. I rode there today and took him to lunch. Tell him Aldous sent you.

wr250

Quote from: aldousburbank on August 31, 2015, 06:26:35 PM
On the Ford model one can easily do a level ground peda/cruisel at 25 mph. So much fun.

i remember once we hopped up an old yamahopper moped. 50 cc and 23 mph stock.
we :
milled the head
built a custom exhaust
put on a larger towney carb (2 mm bigger, off a 60(?) cc towney 2 speed)
a bit o jetting .
this thing will cruise at 45. it is the single most scariest ride ive ever been on at 45mph. stock brakes which were marginal at 25, didnt cut it. it had death wobble at about 40. it was simply insane to ride.