• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Sell Your Stuff

Started by MV/Liberace!, July 18, 2013, 06:02:40 PM

MV/Liberace!

I thought it might be nice to have a thread where people can advertise items they want to sell, buy, etc... so this is it.  Actually, I think we had something like this years ago, but the forum's user base was far smaller in those days.  Soooo... whatever you want to sell or buy, list it here.

Well, it's a somewhat related topic... anyone have any advice for selling old baseball/football/basketball cards?  I've got some goofy sports memorabilia from back in the day when I actually cared about sports.  I've got sports cards going back to the late 60's.  I've got a Jim Everett signed football in its box and a little St. Louis Rams helmet signed by Kurt Warner.  It's all stuff I never look at, so I want to unload it.  Any thoughts on the best methods?  I sure don't want to try to sell a thousand baseball cards one at a time on ebay.

onan

I am interested in audio files. Audio files of a certain person. I wouldn't want to be too specific. Let's just say if anyone has a collection of audio files from the early 90's into the early 2000's. I would be willing to discuss privately, some form of remuneration.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: West of the Rockies on July 18, 2013, 06:05:41 PM
I sure don't want to try to sell a thousand baseball cards one at a time on ebay.

why not?  you'd probably make many times the money versus selling it all in one fell swoop.

Quote from: onan on July 18, 2013, 06:11:59 PM
I am interested in audio files. Audio files of a certain person. I wouldn't want to be too specific. Let's just say if anyone has a collection of audio files from the early 90's into the early 2000's. I would be willing to discuss privately, some form of remuneration.

Hahahahahahahaha...

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: onan on July 18, 2013, 06:11:59 PM

check PM.

Oh, yeah.   Me, too....    :)

Quote from: MV on July 18, 2013, 06:12:37 PM

why not?  you'd probably make many times the money versus selling it all in one fell swoop.

Really?  Well, I better do some homework then, I guess.  Hey, I finally made a post that featured an image yesterday, so I guess I can learn how to ebay, too!

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: West of the Rockies on July 18, 2013, 06:19:43 PM
Hey, I finally made a post that featured an image yesterday, so I guess I can learn how to ebay, too!

i saw that post.  you did it wrong, though.

Just for clarification MV, can Coastgabbers offer themselves for sale here?  ;D

Note to female CG'ers (if there are any of you left): My rates are reasonable, and financing is available.  I show up with a multi-page list of references in hand while riding a jet-powered tricycle.

stevesh

I have a 1982 Honda GL500 I'd love to unload.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Flaxen Hegemony on July 19, 2013, 10:33:59 AM
Just for clarification MV, can Coastgabbers offer themselves for sale here?  ;D

i thought that was already happening.

coaster

I've had more luck selling on craigslist than I have ebay. A few years ago I unloaded 2500 comic books on craigslist. During my regular job I find items that people leave behind in houses, and I throw them on craigslist. I make a pretty penny sometimes. Ebay however is the complete opposite. its hard to sell on that site for some reason, at least for me it is.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: coaster on July 19, 2013, 12:15:04 PM
Ebay however is the complete opposite. its hard to sell on that site for some reason, at least for me it is.

i have pretty good luck on there, but i sell primarily electronics.  the key is to start the bidding at 99 cents.  gets a bit of a frenzy going.

Sardondi

Anyone know what bitcoins are going for? I completely dropped out and pay no attention to Silk Road or other such sites, and I have leaving a few coins hanging around

I just received a box that was my fathers. It is full of stamps.First day covers, a lot of space stuff. some collector cards,one coin a 1936-S SanFran- Oakland bay bridge/Golden bear 50 cent piece commemorative and of all things a notebook of  things about the 'Face on Mars' stamps from Sierra Leone with Hoagland documents and letters.
I guess Dad knew Hoagland from the day's he was around Cronkite and the old Cape Canaveral Hilton day's.

eddie dean

Quote from: coaster on July 19, 2013, 12:15:04 PM
I've had more luck selling on craigslist than I have ebay. A few years ago I unloaded 2500 comic books on craigslist. During my regular job I find items that people leave behind in houses, and I throw them on craigslist. I make a pretty penny sometimes. Ebay however is the complete opposite. its hard to sell on that site for some reason, at least for me it is.

I sold a  Ibenez bass guitar on CL a few months ago and I got a lot of weirdos coming over. They would play the bass for a half-hour, act all interested then not buy it. Then you get the calls or emails asking if I could hold it till they get here, and then they never show up. Dicks!
I learned to tell people that, "whoever gets here first with the cash, is the one who gets it".
Ebay is much easier to weed out the looky loos and the dudes who just want to come over to case the house for a future burglary.

b_dubb

i have a full install of 64 bit Windows 7 Professional that I just purchased but cannot use.  It is a full licensed copy with dvd, case, instructions - the whole shebang.  It is a "system builder" copy but that doesn't really matter.  I'd like to sell it and recoup some of my money.  I paid $135.  If you're interested, drop me a line.

Options - I can post an ISO to a server and send the License key via PM/email or I'll happily ship everything to you.  Whichever you prefer.

eddie dean

I have some studio gear for sale if anyone is interested.

Dbx 286a mic preamp & processor
Focusrite Voicemaster Platinum series mic preamp & processor
BBE 362 Sonic Maximizer processor
SM pro audio 8 channel mic preamp
2- 8 channel audio snake 1/4" TRS. 20' & 10'
2 shure PG56 dynamic instrument mic
AKG D112 dynamic kick drum mic
Shure Beta91 condenser instrument/kick drum mic
Line 6 Bass Pod
AKG K240 Studio headphones

I would be willing to let  these items go for a low price to bellgab members.

The General

oh my god I have so many guitars.
seriously, I need to sell about 10 of them

89 Fender USA Strat
93 Gibson Les Paul Standard w/ bigsby
recent Synchromatic Gretsch solidbody
Ibanez EW20 cutaway acoustic w/ b-band pickup
Yamaha 12 string acoustic
80's Ibanez roadstar electric

just a teaser, if you are interested in a guitar or some guitars, message me.

SaulGoodman

Woah there, If your gonna start "selling" - Don't you think your gonna need a Criminal Lawyer?

lonevoice

Quote from: SaulGoodman on September 01, 2013, 03:33:01 PM
Don't you think your you're gonna need a Criminal Lawyer?
Just joining the contraction party from your other thread. 

I've got a set of Seth Lover humbuckers that are prepped but have never been installed, looking to get rid of them. I also have some spare tone pros tailpieces, if anyone is interested.

area51drone

For Sale:  One unused, out of box, Baygen Freeplay Radio, in baby boy blue.  Selling because I'm moving up to the CC.  I'm a working man, can't have both.

steelbot

Quote from: Sardondi on July 20, 2013, 10:46:05 PM
Anyone know what bitcoins are going for? I completely dropped out and pay no attention to Silk Road or other such sites, and I have leaving a few coins hanging around
sold mine at 120 per and got out - don't know now as my hardware is incapable now and I didn't buy into the ASICS.

DanTSX

FS:  USGI Colt / Ithaca 1911 national match anyone? Condition near what it was when Springfield Arsenal built it into a national match gun back in 1962, which is to say damn clean.  $2800 shipped to CONUS FFL.  Pics on request.

Caruthers612

I'm about to sell my old (and I mean old) G.I. Joe collection on eBay. I've been trying to learn more about which toy or item is worth what, as it seems to be a thriving business. If anyone has any info or knows of any resources on this, I'd appreciate it.

Quote from: Caruthers612 on October 24, 2013, 12:13:12 AM
        I'm about to sell my old (and I mean old) G.I. Joe collection on eBay. I've been trying to learn more about which toy or item is worth what, as it seems to be a thriving business. If anyone has any info or knows of any resources on this, I'd appreciate it.

Yojoe.com if they are 3 3/4

In a way, this thread is the most perfect place on the planet to look for near new and gently used Sirius XM equipment.