• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Your Rights Are Fading Away!!

Started by Zoo, July 11, 2013, 12:33:42 PM

Zoo

Quote from: slippingaway on December 29, 2013, 07:41:24 PM
I'm a newb to the forum, but please allow me to chime in and give my 2 bits. Indeed, our rights are dissolving! No brainer there. I'm glad someone else posted the Snowden Christmas message.  THAT is why it's important to acknowledge the erosion of our rights and civil liberties.  Children being born today will have ZERO expectation of privacy; it won't even occur to them that's something they shouldn't have to live with.  The right to privacy and to pursue one's own interests is an inalienable human right.  People in prison lose this right, but we are not prisoners.

Every word, every sentence, is being recorded, and not for posterity; nor for the sake of archiving; but for peer review in the name of national security. For the sake of making a model for each and every one of us, to assess our threat level, our value, and our culpability.  Soo... we censor ourselves online, afraid to say what we truly think and feel.

You post anything that is an off-handed reply that has any of the hot "buzz words", and you're flagged.  Get enough flags and it triggers an automatic "peer review". This is done at some of those cubical farms, some in Utah, or Montana, or wherever.  All in the name of "national security". 

THESE ARE THE POINTS THAT UNTIL A COUPLE OF YEARS AGO, WERE CONSIDERED FRINGE AND CONSPIRACY THEORY, and 2 years ago I'd be considered a whack-job for mentioning.  Now, it's common knowledge.

First of welcome slippingaway hope you stick around. The site is full of colorful and interesting people. Most are well read and think before posting others go off the seat of their pants.

Now about you post. I agree with what you are saying my nephew has become well aware that their is no longer  any privacy in the United States. He now stands with me at protests as we try to fight this, as well as inform others of what is going on. I did not influence his decision to do this at all. In fact I forced him to learn for him self and make up his own mind before I would even talk to him about it. So if and when he is asked he is not just another dumb-ass with a sign.

I would also like to say if your not on a watch list by now what have you been doing? Are rights have been fought for and paid for with the ultimate price(life). We owe those who fought for are rights to at lest stand up and be heard. Who gives a damn about so list? I owe those who died at least this!!1

This from the Writer's Almanac today (part of George Washington's State of the Union Address): 

And in this speech, which he gave 224 years ago today, George Washington talked about the dilemma of protecting the borders, about the need for immigration reform, about how important it was for the nation to support scientific development, and about setting up national higher education. Washington ended his speech with a plea that Congress cooperate with him for the good of the American people. The words he used were these:
"Gentlemen of the Senate and House of Representatives ... The welfare of our country is the great object to which our cares and efforts ought to be directed, and I shall derive great satisfaction from a cooperation with you in the pleasing though arduous task of insuring to our fellow citizens the blessings which they have a right to expect from a free, efficient, and equal government."

Funny how some issues have not been resolved all these decades, nay, centuries later... We are still discussing immigration.  While we once as a country were the world's science and technology leader, we are now playing catch-up on multiple fronts.  There are those who blame national higher education for many of our nation's ills.  We are still debating issues related to freedoms, government efficiency, equality.  Gone, it appears,  is the sense of cooperation our leaders were supposed to bring to their elected task of governance.

It appears clear to me that Washington, the most forefathery of fellows, saw the importance of support of the sciences and higher education.  He spoke of insuring all citizens "the blessings which they have a right to expect"... what those blessings exactly are, well that has changed over time, as has our understanding of our world.  Some want us to proceed with the most basic, literal interpretation of the Constitution and such; others believe even our forefathers saw the importance of fluidity, nuance, evolution of thoughts and laws.

Interesting times....

Zoo

Well said and I really like the quote from George Washington!!1

Dude111

Quote from: Zoo linkSo now on the MSM they are talking like it's no big deal that the NSA was collecting all are texts, emails, and voice calls.

Yes well the PUPPETS have been conditioned to not care!! (Easily controlled by the elite)

Zoo

True... Just can not wait till the majority of people wake up and realise that they are the ones with the true power!!1