• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Survivors 1975

Started by Agent : Orange, June 09, 2013, 07:47:52 PM

Whoever it was on this board that suggested the BBC show Survivors from 1975, thank you. I found a torrent and have made it about a quarter of the way through the first season (the only one, I think). I'm 90% sure someone here suggested it.

And, if you've never seen it, you should all go out and watch Survivors. Wow.

HorrorRetro

Thanks for the recommendation.  We've watched through episode two on YouTube, and it's great storytelling.  We'll definitely watch the remaining episodes.

Usagi

Huh.  I think I'll look into this, too.  Thanks, mystery person.

onan

The mystery person was:

JeffreyLXV... that person hasn't posted in quite awhile.

Quote from: onan on June 11, 2013, 05:07:55 AM
The mystery person was:

JeffreyLXV... that person hasn't posted in quite awhile.

Damn... he needs props for having such good taste. At least the show managed to get spread around a little more trying to thank him.

How did you remember who it was? Or was I just witness to search-fu in action?

Quote from: HorrorRetro on June 10, 2013, 09:48:38 PM
Thanks for the recommendation.  We've watched through episode two on YouTube, and it's great storytelling.  We'll definitely watch the remaining episodes.

Glad to hear it!

This show is pretty good.
The same guy that created this created a scifi show called Blakes 7 that I actually found pretty interesting too.

HorrorRetro

We're still watching it.  Love this show.  There are 3 seasons or series, as they call it.   It ran from '75 to '77.  We watch on YouTube, and it is broken down into 6 segments per episode.  So far we haven't found any missing segments.  We're pretty far into season 1. 

Start of season 1: 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ak1SrFGXgA4

Start of season 2: 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LI9p1196WtM

Start of season 3: 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=my36Bm_wl7g

Last weekend we made it to episode 6 in the first season. I thought there was only one season! Now I have to go and hunt down the others. We have been watching them out of town where we don't have an internet connection so I have to bring them with us.

HorrorRetro

Quote from: Agent : Orange on June 19, 2013, 04:29:40 PM
Last weekend we made it to episode 6 in the first season. I thought there was only one season! Now I have to go and hunt down the others. We have been watching them out of town where we don't have an internet connection so I have to bring them with us.

I think we're up to episode 8 now. 

Usagi

I had been intending to start this series, but despise watching TV shows or movies on YouTube.  So, I stopped by my local "cinephile" video store today and checked to see if they have it.  They do... and I only realized today when looking at the box that it was created by Terry Nation, the Dalek guy.  Well, that seals the deal.

Unfortunately... I'd have to rent the entire series all at once and return it within a week.  Sounds like a challenge when I have time... but I don't know if that's too intimidating (or if it's good enough to warrant that sort of commitment?).  Why don't they break up that damn thing...

It's worth a few rents if you can't do all of it in a single week.

HorrorRetro

It's great that they have it for rent, but cramming it into a week seems a bit much.  If I had the time to do it, I certainly could watch it all in a week or even just a few days. To me, it's that good.  We're on series two, episode 10, I think.  We watch a few episodes a week.  We're trying to stretch it out, because we really do enjoy this show.  We always seem to veer off into related discussions when the episode is over.