• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory interviewed on Tom Green's podcast

Started by devoidzero, May 26, 2013, 09:46:54 PM

devoidzero

Um, this is pretty weird.  Tom Green did a podcast with Noory as his guest, and they recorded it at the C2C AM studio.  For those not in the know, Tom Green has given up humping dead moose and painting his parents' house plaid, and is now trying to be a legit broadcaster.  He's toned it down a lot from his younger days, and now there is barely even an attempt at humor, he mostly plays it straight.  Green seems like a pretty intelligent guy, which is why I find it odd that he had an interest in interviewing Snoory.  The Snore has a tendency to lower the IQ of the people in his immediate vicinity.  Anyway, here's a link to the podcast, in case anyone cares:

http://tomgreen.com/category/podcast/

Don't expect much insight, he gives lots of pat answers devoid of opinion or interesting content, which, of course, is his trademark.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: devoidzero on May 26, 2013, 09:46:54 PM
...and now there is barely even an attempt at humor, he mostly plays it straight.

his stand up special (on netflix) was pretty hilarious.

ManiacMatt

There's a lot of noory bullshit in that interview.  He just wants to get the truth, help people and sing.

Quote from: devoidzero on May 26, 2013, 09:46:54 PM
Green seems like a pretty intelligent guy, which is why I find it odd that he had an interest in interviewing Snoory.

I can believe that. Most comedians like that generally are. Green makes Snoory look like a bad Catskill retirement home comedian on amateur night when it comes down to radio broadcasters if you ask me. Snoory has proven with his show that it doesn't take any form of intelligence to broadcast, interview, or call in at all. Just an awareness level of a garden mole and the attention span of a cocker spaniel. 

"We don't have much depth." -Art Bell

Abby Normal

Quote from: ManiacMatt on May 28, 2013, 01:11:50 PM
There's a lot of noory bullshit in that interview.  He just wants to get the truth, help people and sing.

Noory wants to get the truth. That's the part that annoys me the most about Noory.  He talks against "mainstream" science and promotes Alex Jones.  He's spreading mindless bullshit at an alarming rate and is partially responsible for the dumbing down of America - at least the portion that listens to that ignorant radio show of his and believes what they hear.

Quote from: stlcoastfan1985 on May 31, 2013, 01:52:20 PM

I can believe that. Most comedians like that generally are. Green makes Snoory look like a bad Catskill retirement home comedian on amateur night when it comes down to radio broadcasters if you ask me. Snoory has proven with his show that it doesn't take any form of intelligence to broadcast, interview, or call in at all. Just an awareness level of a garden mole and the attention span of a cocker spaniel. 

"We don't have much depth." -Art Bell

The beautiful thing about George is that there's not much of a filter when he talks, except when compared to guys like Alex Jones.  He can fill four hours because he doesn't have to mentally edit out thoughts and ideas that don't add to the broadcast, and he's not bothered by trying to think of intelligent, compelling dialogue. 

Unfortunately the difference between a comedian like Tom Green trying to act brainless and someone who actually is brainless is that the reality isn't very funny. (had to make it relevant)

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on May 31, 2013, 02:04:17 PM
Unfortunately the difference between a comedian like Tom Green trying to act brainless and someone who actually is brainless is that the reality isn't very funny. (had to make it relevant)

LOL! For real!  ;D

ericdxx

anyone what song that is that is played in the intro over varous JFK and Jessie Ventura clips?