• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Dave Schrader

Started by NowhereInTime, March 16, 2013, 06:20:57 PM

Scully

You guys are causing me to re-examine my head.  I think I must have miraculously missed most of the awful stuff y'all have been hearing, and I have no reason to doubt that you have heard what you say you have.  Maybe it's because I only listen to Darkness Radio when I like what I'm hearing, and I must sense something rotten in Denmark before the s**t really hits the fan, and make a quick exit.

Hmmmmm ... Gonna have to keep checking those shows out.  I'm a bleeding-heart liberal, so it's not that I'm not minding gay-bashing; and I'm a Christian, far from a fundamentalist though, so I guess I've just been tolerant of whatever preaching Dave may have been doing.

Speaking of "preaching," though, that's exactly what I think Noory was doing tonight on Coast.  He puts himself up as the standard of morality for the world on a regular basis, which gags me.  Tonight he solemnly swore that his audience will never hear anything on Coast that isn't completely true, with the one exception being on April Fool's Day. How's that grab ya?  (Sorry, wrong thread, I know, but it seemed to fit here.)

I think Schrader has talent as an interviewer, but how it continues to be channeled probably depends on a number of things ... exposure to Noory being one of them.

I think many of these hosts-Schraeders, Syrettes and Churches-went into paranormal radio thinking the paranormal made Art a good host. I think it is the other way around-Art made the paranormal a good subject.

LW

Quote from: Mind Flayer Monk on July 04, 2015, 07:54:39 AM
I think many of these hosts-Schraeders, Syrettes and Churches-went into paranormal radio thinking the paranormal made Art a good host. I think it is the other way around-Art made the paranormal a good subject.

Very true.

ManiacMatt

I have also grown tired of a lot of the Darkness radio show.  They spend too much time promoting psychics, local Minnesota wrestling, Josh Warren and Noory.  I mostly listen on the true crime Tuesday or if one of the other nights has a good topic.  I never listen live.  I would agree that he does get a little preachy at times with his own brand of christianity.
I can't stand the paranormal news show because they just read to you.  It would be much better if Dave and Tim would read or tell the basic meat of the story and discuss it, not just read it as it is written.  In the first minute or so of the reading you get the idea, but they will go on for several minutes just reading off a web page.  This gets really boring.  Who likes to be read to anyway?
Dave can be funny and entertaining at times so I do continue to check into the show, but not as much as I used to.

Sean92008

Quote from: Scully on July 04, 2015, 03:50:02 AM
Speaking of "preaching," though, that's exactly what I think Noory was doing tonight on Coast.  He puts himself up as the standard of morality for the world on a regular basis, which gags me.  Tonight he solemnly swore that his audience will never hear anything on Coast that isn't completely true, with the one exception being on April Fool's Day. How's that grab ya?  (Sorry, wrong thread, I know, but it seemed to fit here.)

Amen brother!  That real BS...  Just shows he's a fool.  By the way, check out the Photoshop Gallery, I found a photo proving Snoory's assignment at the Pentagon was real.

Quote from: Scully on July 04, 2015, 03:50:02 AM
You guys are causing me to re-examine my head.  I think I must have miraculously missed most of the awful stuff y'all have been hearing, and I have no reason to doubt that you have heard what you say you have.  Maybe it's because I only listen to Darkness Radio when I like what I'm hearing, and I must sense something rotten in Denmark before the s**t really hits the fan, and make a quick exit.

Hmmmmm ... Gonna have to keep checking those shows out.  I'm a bleeding-heart liberal, so it's not that I'm not minding gay-bashing; and I'm a Christian, far from a fundamentalist though, so I guess I've just been tolerant of whatever preaching Dave may have been doing.

I think Schrader has talent as an interviewer, but how it continues to be channeled probably depends on a number of things ... exposure to Noory being one of them.

You sound like a reasonable person, Scully. You're dead- on regarding Noory.  As for being a BH Liberal, I think that's fine too.  All points of view are needed in a country like ours.  I get branded as a conservative but I prefer to think of myself as a classical liberal.  The term conservative implies a closed mind and my mind is always open and will consider everyone's opinion.  As for Schrader,  the rants he makes at times do generally turn me off but we have so much else in common that I try to ignore the disagreements we may have.  Any man who lists Ricky Nelson, The Who, Dean Martin and The Beatles as some of his favorite musicians gets an enthusiastic thumbs up from me.

I like true crime Tuesdays. But last night Schrader had a guy oh for a phone App is sounded more like an infomercial than anything. I hope the other Dave is not rubbing off on him. I generally like Schrader though. There are definitely a few things he could do to improve his show, and I hope he is trying to as I don't think he is a bad guy.

Albemuth

Some positive things I’ll say about Schrader (since I sort of dogged him in my last post) â€" The guy has a work ethic second to none. There are times where he’s done a 3 hour Darkness show â€" and then he’ll slide right into the Coast fill-in spot for the night. Too, I have to think with a minimal (at best) staff under him for Darkness he does a pretty impressive job of putting content on the air 5 nights a week. Law of averages will dictate that some of those guests are going to be nutcases, extreme yahoos and snake oil peddlers of course. But shit, I couldn’t do better. At one point too, I believe he had a full time job (away from radio) â€" perhaps he still does â€" as a sales person or buyer of some sort. Part of this may be necessary due to his oft-stated penchant for having eleven-teen hundred children with a number of different woman however. Also, I think due to his somewhat driven, type A personality â€" he seems to get big-time sick every so often. In any case I wish the guy the Best. I couldn’t do what he does â€" and he does provide me with many hours of free listening entertainment.

Scully

Quote from: Albemuth on July 09, 2015, 06:09:09 AM
Some positive things I’ll say about Schrader (since I sort of dogged him in my last post) â€" The guy has a work ethic second to none. There are times where he’s done a 3 hour Darkness show â€" and then he’ll slide right into the Coast fill-in spot for the night. Too, I have to think with a minimal (at best) staff under him for Darkness he does a pretty impressive job of putting content on the air 5 nights a week. Law of averages will dictate that some of those guests are going to be nutcases, extreme yahoos and snake oil peddlers of course. But shit, I couldn’t do better. At one point too, I believe he had a full time job (away from radio) â€" perhaps he still does â€" as a sales person or buyer of some sort. Part of this may be necessary due to his oft-stated penchant for having eleven-teen hundred children with a number of different woman however. Also, I think due to his somewhat driven, type A personality â€" he seems to get big-time sick every so often. In any case I wish the guy the Best. I couldn’t do what he does â€" and he does provide me with many hours of free listening entertainment.

I just gotta jump in here one more time to echo the kudos about Schrader's work ethic.  My understanding is that he is actively working as a location scouter for Ghost Adventures t.v. show, in addition to his radio job. He recently returned from Australia as part of that job.  The back-to-back Darkness Radio/Coast fill-ins have impressed me, too.  He seems to be taking really good care of his seven kids, from his two marriages.  Just recently he sent them off for a 60-day visit with "their mother" and took the night before off so he could be with them before they went.

I see him as a good family guy, an intelligent interviewer, and bolstered with plenty of world cultural experience.

Why he puts giggling women on some of his Darkness shows is beyond my comprehension. Tomorrow night he will have 2 of them.  I'll pass on that one, but I always pass on his Friday night offerings.

Just my 2 cents -- again.  ;)

Quote from: Scully on July 10, 2015, 03:55:38 AM

I just gotta jump in here one more time to echo the kudos about Schrader's work ethic.  My understanding is that he is actively working as a location scouter for Ghost Adventures t.v. show, in addition to his radio job. He recently returned from Australia as part of that job.  The back-to-back Darkness Radio/Coast fill-ins have impressed me, too.  He seems to be taking really good care of his seven kids, from his two marriages.  Just recently he sent them off for a 60-day visit with "their mother" and took the night before off so he could be with them before they went.

I see him as a good family guy, an intelligent interviewer, and bolstered with plenty of world cultural experience.

Why he puts giggling women on some of his Darkness shows is beyond my comprehension. Tomorrow night he will have 2 of them.  I'll pass on that one, but I always pass on his Friday night offerings.

Just my 2 cents -- again.  ;)

I'm going to pass on the show tomorrow too.  Sometimes I think he works too hard so I can see his need to relax and goof off on his main show sometimes. I just don't enjoy it.  However, I don't want him having another heart attack so I give him some slack. With Art coming back, I'm going to need to cut down some of my other listening habits so it is not really a big deal to me if he has a couple of duds every week.

DaveSchrader

I always appreciate CONSTRUCTIVE Criticism and thank all of you for it and will always do my best to adjust to bring a better show to both Darkness Radio and Coast to Coast AM.

To those of you that understand the work and time that goes into both show, thank you for your tolerance and kindness in your words.

They cant all be winners but we do our best to educate, enlighten and entertain. The hard part is, not everyone agrees on what entertainment is.   :D

Have a great weekend and may you all be blessed with love and laughter.

Warmest regards,

Dave

Quote from: DaveSchrader on July 10, 2015, 07:21:18 PM
I always appreciate CONSTRUCTIVE Criticism and thank all of you for it and will always do my best to adjust to bring a better show to both Darkness Radio and Coast to Coast AM.

To those of you that understand the work and time that goes into both show, thank you for your tolerance and kindness in your words.

They cant all be winners but we do our best to educate, enlighten and entertain. The hard part is, not everyone agrees on what entertainment is.   :D

Warmest regards,

Dave

Hi Dave.  I think you do a really good job.  Thanks for checking in and keep up the good work.

chefist

Warmest regards,

Dave

How about a shout out to Art's return, especially on HIS fan forum.

DaveSchrader

VIVA LA ART BELL!

Always a welcomed voice.

We  exist because the master paved the road.

Dave

Quote from: DaveSchrader on July 10, 2015, 07:31:47 PM
VIVA LA ART BELL!

Always a welcomed voice.

We  exist because the master paved the road.

Dave

You do an excellent job on C2C, Dave.  You are a great interviewer.  I just wish you would not spend so much time reading stories off the internet on your own show.  I understand that it is hard to find good guests for the paranormal every day of the week.  I support your inclusion of true crime stories on your show.  Maybe have a show each week about history that they don't teach us in the schools.

albrecht

Warmest regards,

Dave
You can't please everyone (example I don't like true crime -but others really do- that much but do like it when you do the older stuff, crimes maybe we haven't heard of or have become legend in certain town.) But keep up the good work and while I don't like all the "new directions" from C2C I think there is room for many shows and also don't see why (on the face of it) that guests can't be on various shows. Like anything there is pettiness, competition, grudges, political differences, creative differences, etc but I hope it is minimized and kept civil. The radio, internet, etc is very large. There is room for everyone. Keep up the good work.

I know Schrader is into ghost stories. I always like when he has on people who do ghost tours in cities. These people are generally good story tellers and know a bunch of scary ghost stories, wouldn't mind this being a once a week thing.

LW

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on July 10, 2015, 07:23:16 PM
Hi Dave.  I think you do a really good job.  Thanks for checking in and keep up the good work.

Suck up. lol

LW

Warmest regards,

Dave

Unfortunately most won't be able to write into your show since they don't meet the standards set by you on your Friday show. You told people to not bother writing in if your standards are not met.

Quote from: nooryisawesome on July 09, 2015, 04:29:14 AM
I like true crime Tuesdays. But last night Schrader had a guy oh for a phone App is sounded more like an infomercial than anything. I hope the other Dave is not rubbing off on him. I generally like Schrader though. There are definitely a few things he could do to improve his show, and I hope he is trying to as I don't think he is a bad guy.

This was unfair of me. The Lassy project is seemingly a worth while project. It is an app that helps people find missing kids. To read more go to http://www.lassyproject.com/

DaveSchrader

NooryisAwesome -

Thank you for the retraction of your comment. That is very kind and thoughtful of you.

I stand behind that program and believe every parent, aunt, uncle, grandparent should be a member of the project to help save and find children, it is free and easy to do.

www.LassyProject.com

Faster and much more efficient than the Amber Alerts.

Dave

LW

Quote from: DaveSchrader on July 15, 2015, 08:34:23 PM
NooryisAwesome -

Thank you for the retraction of your comment. That is very kind and thoughtful of you.

I stand behind that program and believe every parent, aunt, uncle, grandparent should be a member of the project to help save and find children, it is free and easy to do.

www.LassyProject.com

Faster and much more efficient than the Amber Alerts.

Dave

You have a couple of errors in your grammar and sentence structure. I don't care, but I know that you are a stickler for that kind of thing. :)

DaveSchrader

LW all that I have asked is for spell check and to make things easy to read. Not a grammar cop by any means.

Here, is an example of what I get from many listeners.

This is a tragic story of supernatural matter but also about love this took place  in the early 80s My favorite uncle was turning 18. And since he and I were pretty close in age and lived next to each other we had mostly all the same friends.  We got together in secret and planned to have a party at a secluded place where we could drink some MAD DOG and some Boones Farm with little chance of getting busted. It  was out in the middle of nowhere and had a swimming hole that saw it's fair share of skinny dipping. Although we did our best to keep it a secret, somehow grandma found out on the night of the party, I was sitting on my porch watching my aunt and uncle who lived next door, hiding behind their shed with their buddy Panama Red they were taking turns peeking out from behind their shed to make sure grandma wasn't outside I was ok they didn't care when we all heard a car horn up on the road it was my uncles best friend come to pick him up. My Grandma REALLY hated this kid. He was trying to walk to get in the car but she was trying to hold him back and shaking something at him. He pulled away from her and swatted the thing out of hand she'd been shaking at him she yelled at him as he was getting into the car "If you leave here tonight you won't come back". Then she fixed her gaze on me I flew into that trailer door my poor aunt and uncle had seen the commotion and they were already in their house before grandma looked my way. I was standing with my back against the door when the phone rang Crap I just knew it was her she knew I was in there and if I didn't pick up she'd be down here at my door. So I answered it. It was my mom, who was supposed to have been home from work by now. ..   She had a chance to pull in another shift at work, and her being a single mom raising kids we really needed the money. She needed me to stay home and babysit. Well so there went my plans for the night. I tried to wait up for my mom to come home but I fell asleep. The phone rang , I got up to get it, but I heard my moms voice, I never heard her come in. All she said to the caller was, "I'll be there as fast as I can". I flipped on the light as she came out of her room fully dressed. I looked at the clock and it was 4:00 a.m. I asked what's going on? She sat me down on the sofa and told me that my uncle had been in an accident and she had to get to the hospital right away because he was in critical condition and he may not make it . All sorts of thoughts and feelings went through my head, and the events of the evening before, and my grandmas last words to him, "If you leave you won't come back". I paced up and the long hallway for a while, and then I noticed a glow coming from the kitchen window. I looked out up at grandmas house and the whole down stairs windows had what looked to be candle light , but there were shadows moving around. I thought she was at the hospital, then I heard the voices, low and repeating something over and over. Now I know it was chanting, but who the hell was it? She had no friends, and the only other person who lived there was my uncle who was in the hospital fighting for his life. Then I felt my skin erupting all over my body, it even felt like all the hair on my head felt like it was standing up!  I knew I wasn't  supposed to be seeing or hearing any of this. I backed away from the window out of the kitchen , and then BANG BANG BANG !  It was the front door. After I peeled myself off the ceiling and started breathing again, I slowly turned the door knob. It was my aunt lived next door. She had just come from the hospital. My uncle had gotten very drunk at the party and dove into the swimming hole head first and had broken his neck and suffered a severe spinal cord injury..  We lived in an area where the hospital wasn't able to deal with the type of injury he had and had to be taken by ambulance to another better equipped facility. I asked my aunt if grandma was with him while sneaking a glance up at her house which now was completely dark now, she said oh yes, she rode with him in the ambulance to the other hospital. A couple days went by, and my mom asked me to go get the mail, she had forgot to get it with everything going on, and said to get grandmas too and put it on her porch. I collected the mail and was walking down the drive way when I saw it. It was all dirty and had been rained on, but right away I knew what it was. I also knew I shouldn't touch it. It was a purple silk pouch with a red ribbon. It was a mojo pouch. My grandma had taught me how to make them, and depending on its intended purpose, it would contain specific herbs, metals, there is a broad spectrum of ingredients  and intended uses. I knew it was a huge NO NO, but I picked it up and hurried to the porch to check it out. Now don't be grossed out, but I loosen the ribbon, so I technically didn't break the seal, and stuck my pinky in it. I could smell the concoction of herbs on my finger. Then I took a big chance, I tasted it. I immediately knew it was a protection mojo. I had made a few mojos with grandmas help and It was different this time. She was a mean spirited woman, but my uncle was her baby.  He survived the injury, but was paralyzed from the neck down. It was so sad. I'd smile and kid around with him, then go home and cry my eyes out. But a change happened in grandma. She became more loving toward us all. She took care of him for the next 20 + years never leaving his side.  I believe he was the only person she ever truly loved. But I never figured out the lights and the chanting. Years later, I still don't have a clue. And even though she's been passed away for many years, the only family member that will even mention her name or speak about her is my mother. I recently confessed to my mother that my grandma had been teaching me "things" and told her just what I've told you here tonight, and she started to open up too some very bizarre and supernatural things that she had no choice but to endure it. Like the fact that carved into the wooden floor  of my grandmas bedroom, covered up by a big rug was a giant Ouija board!  Dave, I have got some things that to tell you that will make you shiver and hug your kids even tighter when you tuck them in at night. and I haven't found anyone to do the spiritual cord cutting you suggested, but my mother needs it desperately. She on heavy meds because of the traumas suffered in childhood at grandmas hands. Telling me some of her stories has helped her in a way, but if you can suggest anyone that can us, you know how to reach me.

Very hard to read on air with no breaks and missing punctuation. I would say I get 10-20 of these a week.

See what I mean?

Dave   ;)

albrecht

Quote from: DaveSchrader on July 16, 2015, 07:43:15 PM
LW all that I have asked is for spell check and to make things easy to read. Not a grammar cop by any means.

This is a tragic story of supernatural matter but also about love this took place  in the early 80s My favorite uncle was turning 18. And since he and I were pretty close in age and lived next to each other we had mostly all the same friends.  We got together in secret and planned to have a party at a secluded place where we could drink some MAD DOG and some Boones Farm with little chance of getting busted. It  was out in the middle of nowhere and had a swimming hole that saw it's fair share of skinny dipping. Although we did our best to keep it a secret, somehow grandma found out on the night of the party, I was sitting on my porch watching my aunt and uncle who lived next door, hiding behind their shed with their buddy Panama Red they were taking turns peeking out from behind their shed to make sure grandma wasn't outside I was ok they didn't care when we all heard a car horn up on the road it was my uncles best friend come to pick him up. My Grandma REALLY hated this kid. He was trying to walk to get in the car but she was trying to hold him back and shaking something at him. He pulled away from her and swatted the thing out of hand she'd been shaking at him she yelled at him as he was getting into the car "If you leave here tonight you won't come back". Then she fixed her gaze on me I flew into that trailer door my poor aunt and uncle had seen the commotion and they were already in their house before grandma looked my way. I was standing with my back against the door when the phone rang Crap I just knew it was her she knew I was in there and if I didn't pick up she'd be down here at my door. So I answered it. It was my mom, who was supposed to have been home from work by now. ..   She had a chance to pull in another shift at work, and her being a single mom raising kids we really needed the money. She needed me to stay home and babysit. Well so there went my plans for the night. I tried to wait up for my mom to come home but I fell asleep. The phone rang , I got up to get it, but I heard my moms voice, I never heard her come in. All she said to the caller was, "I'll be there as fast as I can". I flipped on the light as she came out of her room fully dressed. I looked at the clock and it was 4:00 a.m. I asked what's going on? She sat me down on the sofa and told me that my uncle had been in an accident and she had to get to the hospital right away because he was in critical condition and he may not make it . All sorts of thoughts and feelings went through my head, and the events of the evening before, and my grandmas last words to him, "If you leave you won't come back". I paced up and the long hallway for a while, and then I noticed a glow coming from the kitchen window. I looked out up at grandmas house and the whole down stairs windows had what looked to be candle light , but there were shadows moving around. I thought she was at the hospital, then I heard the voices, low and repeating something over and over. Now I know it was chanting, but who the hell was it? She had no friends, and the only other person who lived there was my uncle who was in the hospital fighting for his life. Then I felt my skin erupting all over my body, it even felt like all the hair on my head felt like it was standing up!  I knew I wasn't  supposed to be seeing or hearing any of this. I backed away from the window out of the kitchen , and then BANG BANG BANG !  It was the front door. After I peeled myself off the ceiling and started breathing again, I slowly turned the door knob. It was my aunt lived next door. She had just come from the hospital. My uncle had gotten very drunk at the party and dove into the swimming hole head first and had broken his neck and suffered a severe spinal cord injury..  We lived in an area where the hospital wasn't able to deal with the type of injury he had and had to be taken by ambulance to another better equipped facility. I asked my aunt if grandma was with him while sneaking a glance up at her house which now was completely dark now, she said oh yes, she rode with him in the ambulance to the other hospital. A couple days went by, and my mom asked me to go get the mail, she had forgot to get it with everything going on, and said to get grandmas too and put it on her porch. I collected the mail and was walking down the drive way when I saw it. It was all dirty and had been rained on, but right away I knew what it was. I also knew I shouldn't touch it. It was a purple silk pouch with a red ribbon. It was a mojo pouch. My grandma had taught me how to make them, and depending on its intended purpose, it would contain specific herbs, metals, there is a broad spectrum of ingredients  and intended uses. I knew it was a huge NO NO, but I picked it up and hurried to the porch to check it out. Now don't be grossed out, but I loosen the ribbon, so I technically didn't break the seal, and stuck my pinky in it. I could smell the concoction of herbs on my finger. Then I took a big chance, I tasted it. I immediately knew it was a protection mojo. I had made a few mojos with grandmas help and It was different this time. She was a mean spirited woman, but my uncle was her baby.  He survived the injury, but was paralyzed from the neck down. It was so sad. I'd smile and kid around with him, then go home and cry my eyes out. But a change happened in grandma. She became more loving toward us all. She took care of him for the next 20 + years never leaving his side.  I believe he was the only person she ever truly loved. But I never figured out the lights and the chanting. Years later, I still don't have a clue. And even though she's been passed away for many years, the only family member that will even mention her name or speak about her is my mother. I recently confessed to my mother that my grandma had been teaching me "things" and told her just what I've told you here tonight, and she started to open up too some very bizarre and supernatural things that she had no choice but to endure it. Like the fact that carved into the wooden floor  of my grandmas bedroom, covered up by a big rug was a giant Ouija board!  Dave, I have got some things that to tell you that will make you shiver and hug your kids even tighter when you tuck them in at night. and I haven't found anyone to do the spiritual cord cutting you suggested, but my mother needs it desperately. She on heavy meds because of the traumas suffered in childhood at grandmas hands. Telling me some of her stories has helped her in a way, but if you can suggest anyone that can us, you know how to reach me.

Very hard to read on air with no breaks and missing punctuation. I would say I get 10-20 of these a week.

See what I mean?

Dave   ;)
Wow. An interesting tale when told, maybe. I'm thinking voice-to-text maybe? Or written on an old computer like in notepad? I couldn't handle/go through even a few of those a week! Much less 10-20! Good luck, I enjoy your show (and your shows on C2C.)
re: the app you are promoting. A good idea. I wonder how the police deal with it since certain jurisdictions handle missing people in different ways (and also depending on the "type" missing: age, teens, elderly, time before "official" reports, and false reporting, etc.) Also if it is linked in with the official AMBER and SILVER alert systems?

Chine

Quote from: albrecht on July 16, 2015, 07:54:50 PM
Wow. An interesting tale when told, maybe. I'm thinking voice-to-text maybe? Or written on an old computer like in notepad? I couldn't handle/go through even a few of those a week! Much less 10-20! Good luck, I enjoy your show (and your shows on C2C.)
re: the app you are promoting. A good idea. I wonder how the police deal with it since certain jurisdictions handle missing people in different ways (and also depending on the "type" missing: age, teens, elderly, time before "official" reports, and false reporting, etc.) Also if it is linked in with the official AMBER and SILVER alert systems?

Yeah, thought 'Wow' as well. I actually read through this and found it very interesting. However, it was draining while trying to formulate a pacing which lack of breaks, punctuation won't allow.

LW

Quote from: DaveSchrader on July 16, 2015, 07:43:15 PM

This is a tragic story of supernatural matter but also about love this took place  in the early 80s My favorite uncle was turning 18. And since he and I were pretty close in age and lived next to each other we had mostly all the same friends.....

See what I mean?

Dave   ;)

I get what you mean, and I am not saying that reading something like that is easy, (however a little pre-show work would take care of that, I know too busy. But its part of the job) the problem I have is showing your arrogance and berating people who through our school system just don't know any better. Telling people not to write in is just poor form and will cost you in the long run.

There are people in this world that will mock you, berate you because they believe they are more intelligent than everyone else, and when you respond to defend yourself they think you are attacking them and the worst person on the planet. These are the most hate filled people that there are, they have issues that they never dealt with and when they achieve a level that they can get even with the preceived wrongs of the past they go after people with a vengeance. They label everyone else haters and yet they are the very haters that started the problem, these not people that one should respect or look up too.

Keep your off topic rants to yourself and you will be a better host. People listen to your show to forget the day and enjoy themselves, if I wanted to get riled up over social issues I would listen Alex Jones.

You have good guests and dig into the subjects and for the most part I enjoy listening however not as much since Mallie left ;), but lay off the arrogance and mocking not only the grammar illiterate but others as well. It's just takes away from the show.

As far as Fridays goes, I think a little humor once in a while is fun. As far as true crime Tuesdays, you get some very interesting guests and handle the interview well. Ian Punnet was excellent at getting some very good crime shows over a wide range of areas, he quite often had shows that were crimes but had mysteries and twists to them.

Tell Tim to keep his chin up, he's been through a lot and is a strong person, and you seem to be a good friend.

Nebraska888

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on July 10, 2015, 07:23:16 PM

I always look forward to your programs, Dave!  ;)  Wish you were on more often!!!!

Quote from: Nebraska888 on July 18, 2015, 12:23:21 PM
I always look forward to your programs, Dave!  ;)  Wish you were on more often!!!!

Check out his own show darkness radio. It's podcasted for free. It's better than C2C.

NightsAtSea

Quote from: nooryisawesome on July 21, 2015, 03:14:41 PM
Check out his own show darkness radio. It's podcasted for free. It's better than C2C.

Way better. Dave Schrader is my favorite host on C2C right now, and I agree with nooryisawesome...you've gotta hear him on Darkness Radio. I feel like he's more himself on his own show, which is definitely a good thing. I especially look forward to their Friday shows.

doctor weird

ive been listening to Darkness Radio for about 5yrs now. Its a great coast alternative and Dave, Tim & Malley (miss her so much!) are really active in their community and interact frequently w/ their fan base on social media. I wasn't surprised at all to see Dave get a shot at hosting Coast. He's also a huge Art fan!