• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Dave Schrader

Started by NowhereInTime, March 16, 2013, 06:20:57 PM

The guest's eight feet of intestines "came out of nowhere."

He's making my own guts hurt from laughing.

Stop it.

Dave Schrader, if you're reading this, and we all know you and Knapp do:

If tonight's truck-crushed guest and the batty old psychic from last night had a baby, it would be a raspy-voiced gargoyle that would shit Carnivora droppings and lies.

Now don't you mate with it.

Stay free of it, my friend.

Well, I enjoyed the show except for most of the shitty callers.  Too bad we didn't hear about how Bruce was involved in a haunted house investigation regarding possession and exorcism.  Its in one of his books apparently but I guess Dave didn't read it.

Quote from: 21st Century Man on March 02, 2015, 04:03:40 AM
Well, I enjoyed the show except for most of the shitty callers.  Too bad we didn't hear about how Bruce was involved in a haunted house investigation regarding possession and exorcism.  Its in one of his books apparently but I guess Dave didn't read it.

Well, there's only so much intestinal content one man can eat.

So cut him some gut slack.

Quote from: Major Ed Damien on March 02, 2015, 03:58:26 AM

If tonight's truck-crushed guest and the batty old psychic from last night had a baby, it would be a raspy-voiced gargoyle that would shit Carnivora droppings and lies.

Sounds like Evelyn Paglini in her next life. God rest her soul.

Quote from: 21st Century Man on March 02, 2015, 04:08:06 AM
Sounds like Evelyn Paglini in her next life. God rest her soul.

I hope God does rest her soul, because I can't even find her on Wikipedia.

Who the hell was she?

Quote from: Major Ed Damien on March 02, 2015, 04:10:38 AM

I hope God does rest her soul, because I can't even find her on Wikipedia.

Who the hell was she?

She was the witch that was a guest on Coast for years.  She was pretty tight with Art and Ramona.  George would have her on occasionally but I gather she was sick during the last few years.  She died early last year.  Anyway, she was in her 60's or 70's when she died. I think she smoke too many cigarettes.  She sounded somewhat like Sylvia Browne.

Her website is still up.

http://www.mysticalblend.com/index.php?route=information/information&information_id=6

Quote from: 21st Century Man on March 02, 2015, 04:14:15 AM
She was the witch that was a guest on Coast for years.  She was pretty tight with Art and Ramona.  George would have her on occasionally but I gather she was sick during the last few years.  She died early last year.  Anyway, she was in her 60's or 70's when she died. I think she smoke too many cigarettes.  She sounded somewhat like Sylvia Browne.

Here website is still up.

http://www.mysticalblend.com/index.php?route=information/information&information_id=6

Now I remember.

Jorch featured a special hour of an old interview he did with her.  If you want to call what he does an "interview."  I call them "Tourette's-style question spasms."  He did a commemorative segment after she went to that great psychic ash tray in the sky.

She sounded like one of Bart Simpson's aunts.

Same as the one last night. 

Quote from: Major Ed Damien on March 02, 2015, 04:19:14 AM

Now I remember.

Jorch featured a special hour of an old interview he did with her.  If you want to call what he does an "interview."  I call them "Tourette's-style question spasms."  He did a commemorative segment after she went to that great psychic ash tray in the sky.

She sounded like one of Bart Simpson's aunt's.

That's the one.  She was always an entertaining guest even if most of the "prophecies" she announced never came to pass.

Quote from: 21st Century Man on March 02, 2015, 04:23:48 AM
That's the one.  She was always an entertaining guest even if most of the "prophecies" she announced never came to pass.

I remember how even though her prophecies didn't happen she at least seemed to know how to talk her way around Jorch.

And that's saying a lot for her.  Maybe he was afraid of Evelyn.

She may have warned Jorch that if he interrupted too much, he'd shit his pants.

pate

I missed Dave Shraeder's sign off...  Who'd he thank?  His own and them only? 

Or Art and the usual suspects...

Usual suspects...

The Usual Suspects (1995) - Original Trailer

Quote from: pate on March 02, 2015, 05:09:56 AM
I missed Dave Shraeder's sign off...  Who'd he thank?  His own and them only? 

Or Art and the usual suspects...

Usual suspects...

No other host besides George thanked Art Bell. Other host generally thank Noorie.

zeebo

Quote from: nooryisawesome on March 02, 2015, 06:30:19 AM
No other host besides George thanked Art Bell. Other host generally thank Noorie.

Preferred script from George:  "We thank our dear leader for this hosting opportunty, along with the generous gifts of one half-price slightly imperfect Ancient Aliens t-shirt, 5% discount on his latest book, and preferred seating to taping of Beyond Belief."

Nick el Ass

Quote from: nooryisawesome on March 02, 2015, 06:30:19 AM

It is likely in their contracts that they must grovel to him and no one else, or they simply will not asked back.

Gd5150

The 2nd half of last nights show was pretty interesting. NDE's are a very interesting subject.

albrecht

Quote from: Gd5150 on March 02, 2015, 03:31:42 PM
The 2nd half of last nights show was pretty interesting. NDE's are a very interesting subject.
I thought it was pretty good also- even just for the medical and survival stuff but the NDE also. I'm going to put a few extra jack-stands next time I change the oil or work on my truck though. I was wincing listening to the story of the accident, worse because you knew it was coming.

Norry would've butchered that story and the interview. Schrader at least understands to let the guests tell their tale when appropriate and not derail interviews with inane, non-sequitur questions right at the point of most interest or tension in the narrative.

Quote from: albrecht on March 02, 2015, 04:16:39 PM
I thought it was pretty good also- even just for the medical and survival stuff but the NDE also. I'm going to put a few extra jack-stands next time I change the oil or work on my truck though. I was wincing listening to the story of the accident, worse because you knew it was coming.

Norry would've butchered that story and the interview. Schrader at least understands to let the guests tell their tale when appropriate and not derail interviews with inane, non-sequitur questions right at the point of most interest or tension in the narrative.

If Noory was paying any attention at all, he is kicking himself for not taking that interview.  Excruciating pain, angels -- what's not to like?

albrecht

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on March 02, 2015, 04:27:47 PM
If Noory was paying any attention at all, he is kicking himself for not taking that interview.  Excruciating pain, angels -- what's not to like?
If the story involved children, ideally a baby, getting crushed you know he would've put off his "television" filming and had the guest. This guest likely slid past him in his rush to get out of the new studio (following the "signage" for exit) to a restaurant so he can claim he is hob-nobbing with Hollywood celebrities.

Scully

I enjoyed the show, and was glad Dave Schrader was doing the hosting.  What I didn't care for were the callers who were preaching their own religious beliefs at the end of the show.  Shows like this call out the crazies, for sure. Nonetheless, I love stories about angels.  I have have too much reason to believe they're true to discount them.

Nebraska888

Schrader does a good job.......wish he was full time.

yumyumtree

I clicked on Noreen Renier's website and she's actually quite an attractive old lady.

She was speaking at, I guess the University of Arkansas, and the podium said Clinton School of Public Service.  Has to be a joke in there somewhere.

yumyumtree

Quote from: BattyBrooke on March 02, 2015, 12:56:38 AM
Fascinating and fulfilling to know. Seriously! Thank you, albrecht.

Oh, yeah.  Just hang around a mental institution, clinic or any other place with that clientele, and you will guess that.

paladin1991

Quote from: bateman on March 01, 2015, 09:28:02 PM
$250 per show I believe.
Cheap bastards.  I'd pay ART 250 an hour to read to me fm 'The ART of Talk.'  You know, just the real sexy parts, like on page 36.
Gonna work myself up to another Bellgasm.

Zetaspeak

Quote from: Major Ed Damien on March 01, 2015, 03:34:57 AM

It sounds like an old lady's sex phone service.

I haven't been able to get on for the last few days, but I thought something similar about Saturday Night guest. But what I thought back was that infamous scene from Harry met Sally "I'll have what she's having"

Lord Grantham

Man, that psychic interview was a trip, in all the right ways. Completely worth it for her breakdown from a flashback (even though earlier she claimed to never have memories of her psychic visions [which is just an awesome way to never have to repeat whatever lies you've made up]).

Really, police agency's in the US don't contact you anymore? Couldn't possibly be that vague generalities have never led to anyone's arrest, that shit must still fly in Mozambique or wherever, I guess.

As far as I'm concerned psychics were completely BTFO by 9/11.

zeebo

Looks like a full UFO show from The Schrade tonite.  Could be a good one.

Nebraska888

Quote from: zeebo on March 15, 2015, 06:43:01 PM
Looks like a full UFO show from The Schrade tonite.  Could be a good one.

It sure does look like a good one.........I'm looking forward to it!   ;)

BattyBrooke

Dave gave a quick Q & A on twitter today so I asked what his genuine thoughts/feelings/opinions of Art Bell were. I'll be back later tonight during the show to tell you all what he said! Yes, I'm a tease! Hah!

PChirp

Quote from: BattyBrooke on March 15, 2015, 09:57:50 PM
Dave gave a quick Q & A on twitter today so I asked what his genuine thoughts/feelings/opinions of Art Bell were. I'll be back later tonight during the show to tell you all what he said! Yes, I'm a tease! Hah!

Let's hear it Batty, been waiting!  ;)

Quote from: BattyBrooke on March 15, 2015, 09:57:50 PM

I don't think Dave thinks very highly of Art.  He sees him as fickle and as a quitter. Dave probably respects him a lot as he is the one that got the ball rolling regarding the paranormal.  In other words, Dave likes him but is also disappointed in him at the same time.