• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Dave Schrader

Started by NowhereInTime, March 16, 2013, 06:20:57 PM

BattyBrooke

Quote from: albrecht on March 01, 2015, 08:21:35 PM
There is a well known correlation between some mental conditions, like schizophrenia and cigarette smoking. Just saying with some of these guests.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2613326/
"Schizophrenia is a common mental illness with a high prevalence of smoking. More than 80% of schizophrenics smoke compared to 25% of the general population. Both schizophrenia and tobacco use have strong genetic components, which may overlap. It has been suggested that smoking in schizophrenia may be a form of self-medication in an attempt to treat an underlying biological pathology."

Fascinating and fulfilling to know. Seriously! Thank you, albrecht.

I thought tonight was Noory's first Sunday of the month turn at the mic, with submerging artists.

Goddamn tonight's awful sacrilege.

You can't have a show about angels with no Jorch Noory.

That's just about the most un-angelic, goddamned thing I can think of . . . sober. 

Fuck this in the poop chute with an ungreased telephone pole, I say.

Who's going to ask about the demonic angels? 

You know, the angels with wings as black as the devil's ass is black from smoke.

Why, angels with no Jorch is like a Jorch with no wig. 

Jorch and angels go together like "re" and "tard."

Anything else is just wrong, wrong, wrong.

It's wrong, I tell you.

Did I mention it's wrong?

Well it is.

It's wrong, I say yet again.

Quote from: BattyBrooke on March 02, 2015, 12:49:38 AM
This is how I pictured her!

Btw, by the crickets on this thread, I take it no one listens to Schrader. Ever.

I listen to Dave though lately he only seems to have a couple guests a week and I wish he would have more because he's a great interviewer.  I sort of like Monday nights when he reads letters and take calls but maybe they should pare that down to 2 hours and maybe an hour of supernatural news.  There is way too much filler when they do Supernatural news on Fridays.

Quote from: FightTheFuture on March 02, 2015, 12:57:53 AM
I thought tonight was Noory's first Sunday of the month turn at the mic, with submerging artists.

He had to postpone it a week.  Other engagements and all that.

Gd5150

My God who rolls under a 10,000lb semi with no blocks on the wheels and just a wobbly jack holding it up. That's absolutely nuts.

This would be a far better story if the guy had been squashed into a tiny two-and-a-half inch person who later joined the carnival.

I guess I was hoping for something a little more stimulating.

The "miracle" is that I'm still listening to this, Dave.

I think this story is riveting.  I've already heard the whole thing once on Dave's show but Van Natta's going into far more detail here.

pate

"Dave" os note so interested in your listn' to this guy, as well..

I give you toxic topic... dave is good tat rat-a-tat-tat...

Lord, send me a pack of angels to rescue me from this horrible radio program.

And it's so fuckin' awesome that the host and his guest are "sharing" the incredible tale with me.

I mean, I could understand "sharing" a piece of pie or a bag of potato chips with somebody . . . but this lame shit?

Wouldja please cash my shares?

pate

Alwaus thout it was the "ButterMan"...  bqwhatever...

Better Man - Pearl Jam

BqwaddaeyenoE?

Two overweight angels arrived.  LOL

LOL

Guy was saved by angels with mullets.

goldendeal

Hmmm.. he just described members of Rush during 80s...long hair, robes….

It's starting to get better . . . funnier.

The angels need to have tattoos and that goat's ass-looking facial hair you see on douche bags.

The angels description sounds a bit silly.  I'm picturing 2 identical twins that look like Fabio.

If they didn't bring Angel's Food Cake, then they weren't real angels.

Period.

Jorch wouldn't be able to follow the story to this point.

He'd be asking shit that the guy had already answered two or three times.

Jorch:  "So these angels . . . were they big angels?  Or just regular-sized?"

Jorch:  "This is unbulleebubble . . . and you were stuck under a freight train?"

Jorch:  "Did you ever bulleeb these angels might have been evil or demonic for rescuing you?"

Jorch:  "I think you may have gone through a portal . . . not of this earth."

Jorch:  "My god . . . big angels and a big truck . . . unbulleebubble."

Jorch:  "We're going to take your calls in the last hour.  Call the show if you've ever been in a big truck."

Jorch:  "Tyler is truck driving in Alabama . . . Tyler, I'm going to guess that you're in a pretty big truck."

Jorch:  "Jeeze . . . tell me about the pain again.  I'd like to hear it three more times."