Author Topic: The Camazotz Automat Storefront  (Read 8623 times)

Re: The Camazotz Automat Storefront
« Reply #90 on: February 28, 2019, 01:26:27 AM »
There's always this inspiration from his days as an NBA star.

I just love his cute, baggy little mom jeans and PayLess sneakers.  I just want to pinch him.  Maybe see if I can't get him to chuckle or squeak.

« Reply #91 on: February 28, 2019, 11:29:09 AM »
That Dames pic is going on my VIP laminated ticket lanyard when I attend the Dallas Oddities & Curiosities Expo on March 30.

https://theskeletorium.com/upcoming-events/2019/3/30/the-dallas-oddities-amp-curiosities-expo
Of course, I eventually had to click on said link from above.

'For Lovers of the Strange and Unusual. . .
Introducing for the first time. . .
The Dallas Oddities & Curiosities Expo!

** Vendors with items such as: Taxidermy, wet and dry preserved specimens, antiques, jewelry made from bones, skulls and insects, original artwork, skulls and bones, curiosities and all around creepy, strange and bizarre items. . . * *
** Sideshow performances and Live Human Suspension all throughout the day.
(( More about us: www.odditiesandcuriositiesexpo.com ))"

I'm especially looking forward to the wet and dry preserved specimens.  Also, glad to see live humans will be suspended all throughout the day.  I hope it's both time-wise and spatially.  Speaking off, I think I'll place this pic around my neck, since it seems appropriate.

« Reply #92 on: February 28, 2019, 11:33:21 AM »
I just love his cute, baggy little mom jeans and PayLess sneakers.  I just want to pinch him.  Maybe see if I can't get him to chuckle or squeak.
He always did look good on a can of paint.

« Reply #93 on: February 28, 2019, 08:28:47 PM »
¡Gracias!  I now laugh in the face of impending doom.

That's Ed Dames! Always thought it was Andy Worhal...

« Reply #94 on: February 28, 2019, 09:20:34 PM »
There's always this inspiration from his days as an NBA star.

And that's his good side. From the back he looks like he wore a kippah made from Uranium.

« Reply #95 on: March 01, 2019, 08:10:58 AM »
That's Ed Dames! Always thought it was Andy Worhal...
That would involve tomato soup cans, not paint cans.

« Reply #96 on: March 01, 2019, 02:46:39 PM »
I appreciate all those coming by the old store and kicking up dust. Good times. Hopefully, someday, I will put something real up for sale here.

The Dallas Oddities & Curiosities Expo is now a month away. The wife of a friend said she would purchase a ticket for me if I went with them. I could not refuse. She teases her husband that I do not exist, as she has never met me ~in the flesh~.

Boy. Do I plan to strike a memorable first impression with HER.

I should have sufficient time to work on my customized pass.  The expo sent it as a PDF.

I'm old school and want to flash paper instead of a phone screen.

(This adventure may require an Ed Dames wig.  Arriving at the Expo in a mom's soccer van would round out things nicely, per MV's "mom jeans" observation.  If I go through with this charade, I will need to construct some faux gold bricks to keep things "real." Wait. I am getting ahead of myself. Will focus on the ticket construction.)

« Reply #97 on: March 01, 2019, 03:04:37 PM »
I just gut laughed.  Holy hell do I wish it were possible for me to actually see you do this.

Gut laughs are therapeutic. I am blessed enough to experience it every time I look at my hemorrhaging bank statements, as my finances remain a ~joke.~

In fact, I just laughed again.

I must be living in Xanadu.

« Reply #98 on: March 04, 2019, 02:07:23 PM »
Gut laughs are therapeutic...
I must be living in Xanadu.
Have an ONJ, on me.