• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

We all like to eat, right?

Started by PhantasticSanShiSan, August 01, 2008, 02:44:39 PM

ChewMouse

Quote from: The General on August 08, 2012, 05:45:24 PM
Probably the worst thing you could possibly eat that still passes as 'food'
Well, Froot Loops also get a bad rap, but I eat them so as to get my daily recommended amount of froot.

b_dubb

I'm a cave man. Let's chat some critter and roast some vegetables. And beer. Of course

3OctaveFart

I drink too much beer. Not as much as I drank when I first discovered Coast to Coast, but still too much beer.

ShayP

Beer seems to be gaining momentum.  Tsk. Tsk. followers.  You may give the site a bad name or lack of credibility.  Don't be coy.  FOOD is the topic.

Juan

La Frita - Cuban hamburger with meat patty of mixed beef and pork, served on a hamburger bun with potato sticks layered over the meat.

Eddie Coyle

As for meals, it's very exotic...fish and mashed potatoes. Yes, I have the taste buds of somebody who fled County Galway in the 19th Century.

Snacks: Basically the appetite of a person who'd be commemorating Jerry Garcia's passing tomorrow("He's Gone" 17 years ,ya know) and subsists on the classic"munchie"..Smartfood popcorn.

b_dubb

Quote from: ShayP on August 08, 2012, 06:48:39 PM
Beer seems to be gaining momentum.  Tsk. Tsk. followers.  You may give the site a bad name or lack of credibility.  Don't be coy.  FOOD is the topic.
Tsk tsk? And what the fuck is wrong with beer?

Quote from: b_dubb on August 08, 2012, 09:28:58 PM

I have to agree with the Brock Ness Monster.  Beer is as much a food as, say, orange juice or tea, or some sort of health drink smoothie and more "food-like" IMO than whipped and beaten S&M frosting. Nothing was said about Platonic solids being a requisite factor.  Everything from Air to Zinc, I always say.

As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord God Pizza.

Specifically, Canadian Bacon w/Pineapple being the current addiction.

I'm also into those overpriced little drinks: YAKULT

They taste like a Dreamsicle®, but.... heartier.

I avoid the aspartame-laced competitor: BIO-SALUD, though it is significantly cheaper and does taste good.

coaster

Quote from: 3OctaveFart on August 08, 2012, 06:43:40 PM
I drink too much beer. Not as much as I drank when I first discovered Coast to Coast, but still too much beer.
amen

Eddie Coyle

Beer is definitely akin to food. It often served as a substititute in my younger days...and was the prime suspect in my decline from "athletic" build to premature corpulence.

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on August 08, 2012, 10:06:49 PM
premature corpulence.

Phrase of the day. †

† Or phrase for tomorrow.  This day is close to death.

Sardondi

Quote from: ChewMouse on August 08, 2012, 05:30:31 PM
I love white cake with white frosting,....

Crisco and confectioner's sugar. Yum.

ziznak

I'm all about the cheezeburgers.  A few pounds of ground beef, a stack of thick sliced cooper sharp american, and lately I've been using deli flats for buns (whole wheat).  I know, I know... the whole wheat deli flat is kinda like the tub of diet soda that fat people buy when they're pigging out at micky d's but I actually just prefer the flats to regular buns.  I also invest in a lot of lunchmeat mostly ham and genoa salami... and of course my classic dish of 1 part pasta and sauce to 10 parts grated parmesan cheeeze...
Black silk foldgers in the coffee maker black w too much sugar, instant tea strong of course, and the BEST SODA EVER good*o champagne kola which comes from NY but I was told is actually some sort of Puerto Rican soda... its in the lil foreign isle at the store.

Oh and diabetes in another 5-10 years.

ChewMouse

Quote from: Sardondi on August 08, 2012, 11:05:16 PM
Crisco and confectioner's sugar. Yum.

pffft! pffft! You boys are picking on me for confiding my favorite food. I haven't had it for over a year! It's not the mainstay of my diet! So leave me alone about it!

This is a conspiracy is what. And I'll just bet a cat is involved.

analog kid

About three beers a day adds 2.5 years to your life, it "protects men's hearts," and has more health benefits than have been traditionally associated with wine. Especially for men, it's one of the best things you can do for your health. Alcohol also doesn't kill brain cells. It just saps the brain of thiamine. So take some B1 after you drink.

I cut out all snack chips about three months ago, and lost 20 lbs. We don't realize how fattening Doritos are.

ziznak

Quote from: ChewMouse on August 08, 2012, 11:33:21 PM
And I'll just bet a cat is involved.
Every time something stupid happens in my apartment there is a cat involved

coaster

Quote from: analog kid on August 09, 2012, 12:39:10 AM
About three beers a day adds 2.5 years to your life, it "protects men's hearts," and has more health benefits than have been traditionally associated with wine. Especially for men, it's one of the best things you can do for your health. Alcohol also doesn't kill brain cells. It just saps the brain of thiamine. So take some B1 after you drink.

I cut out all snack chips about three months ago, and lost 20 lbs. We don't realize how fattening Doritos are.
just lay off the hard alcohol. anyone who drinks jack aint waking up thinking their brain's thiamine is kicking in. stick with beer and youll do all right. ive got a case of beer sitting comfy. and im smarter than mike bara doing basic math right now. what that means i dont know.
Quote from: ziznak on August 08, 2012, 11:21:28 PM
I'm all about the cheezeburgers.  A few pounds of ground beef, a stack of thick sliced cooper sharp american, and lately I've been using deli flats for buns (whole wheat).  I know, I know... the whole wheat deli flat is kinda like the tub of diet soda that fat people buy when they're pigging out at micky d's but I actually just prefer the flats to regular buns.  I also invest in a lot of lunchmeat mostly ham and genoa salami... and of course my classic dish of 1 part pasta and sauce to 10 parts grated parmesan cheeeze...
Black silk foldgers in the coffee maker black w too much sugar, instant tea strong of course, and the BEST SODA EVER good*o champagne kola which comes from NY but I was told is actually some sort of Puerto Rican soda... its in the lil foreign isle at the store.

Oh and diabetes in another 5-10 years.
amen

stevesh

Chili

More Chili

Hostess Fruit Pies

BobGrau

I'm a recreational fruit and veg user. I can handle it.

Mostly my diet consists of bread, cheese and meat.

Oh, and coffee. Loooottttsss of coffee.

ShayP

Quote from: b_dubb on August 08, 2012, 09:28:58 PM

Oh no! NOTHING IS WRONG with beer!  I love it.  Was even drinking it when I started this thread.  I just commented with the emphasis on food because I had a hunch the majority of the people here would list beer as one of their favorite "foods."  ;)

11angeleyes11

Quote from: ShayP on August 08, 2012, 05:41:10 PM
I can relate to you.  My favorite cake (and this started as a kid) is the white cake with the white icing.  It's still my preference.

I do think you are getting the lard part of the icing confused with the filling in Oreo cookies.

Yum!  White cake with white icing is one of my favorites, too!  I love white wedding cakes and birthday cakes with frosted designs, lots of icing.  I also like red cake.

Coffee is a survival ration. 

To compensate for the cake, I eat salads, all kinds.  Recently I crave watermelon and have been eating it.  It is very filling, and low on calories. 

Any kind of cheese or cheese flavored food is a daily requirement, also.

11angeleyes11

Quote from: ShayP on August 09, 2012, 05:51:59 AM
Oh no! NOTHING IS WRONG with beer!  I love it.  Was even drinking it when I started this thread.  I just commented with the emphasis on food because I had a hunch the majority of the people here would list beer as one of their favorite "foods."  ;)

Beer is an excellent adult, of all ages, recreational beverage along, with rum, kahlula and wine.   Mascatos are my wine of choice right now.

ziznak

Here in Filthadelphia PA there is a bakery named Stock's that makes this poundcake that you can find all over the city.  The cake comes wrapped in a cellophane brick shape kinda like it was drugs or something.  No doubt, many an old lady in Philly would totally kick your ass before giving up her stock's pound cake.
pictured is the chocolate vanilla mix but my favorite is all white with white icing.

analog kid

Quote from: coaster on August 09, 2012, 02:12:32 AM
just lay off the hard alcohol. anyone who drinks jack aint waking up thinking their brain's thiamine is kicking in. stick with beer and youll do all right. ive got a case of beer sitting comfy. and im smarter than mike bara doing basic math right now. what that means i dont know. amen

I'm not so much smart, as I am a pretentious cunt, but I have a long history of mental health issues, so I have to really keep on top of the nutritional diet and physical health.

I bought one of those fancy bottles of "boutique" moonshine that are popular right now, yesterday, drank about half of it, and woke up in bed four hours later with no memory of those four hours. Do stay away from that stuff.

ziznak

Quote from: analog kid on August 09, 2012, 10:06:18 AM
I'm not so much smart, as I am a pretentious cunt, but I have a long history of mental health issues, so I have to really keep on top of the nutritional diet and physical health.

I bought one of those fancy bottles of "boutique" moonshine that are popular right now, yesterday, drank about half of it, and woke up in bed four hours later with no memory of those four hours. Do stay away from that stuff.
What was it called?  i used to buy that stuff called "georgia moon" and maaaaan... talk about epic hangover... gah I still get sick to my stomach when I think about it.  Can't mess with that crap anymore.

b_dubb

nutella.  i have no defense against nutella.  i may need to find a local nutella anonymous group

analog kid

Quote from: ziznak on August 09, 2012, 10:17:27 AM
What was it called?  i used to buy that stuff called "georgia moon" and maaaaan... talk about epic hangover... gah I still get sick to my stomach when I think about it.  Can't mess with that crap anymore.

It's called "Ole Smoky." Here's a pic showing how much I consumed.

Grimace

Quote from: analog kid on August 09, 2012, 10:35:03 AM
It's called "Ole Smoky." Here's a pic showing how much I consumed.

Hahaha. Has anyone ever tried imported Poitín (Potcheen) which in simple terms is just Irish moonshine? That has to be one of the most hilariously foul tasting forms of liquor I downed a copious amount of. I woke up the next day with a headache and just... unable to get the horrible aftertaste out of my mouth and throat. I think it was finally a good ol' pitcher of Yuengling later that day which sorted me out. One can never go wrong with Yuengling.

Grimace

Quote from: b_dubb on August 09, 2012, 10:25:11 AM
nutella.  i have no defense against nutella.  i may need to find a local nutella anonymous group

Nutella is the essential life-giving spread. I actually have three jars of edible goodness on the counter that I enjoy spreading on toast and crackers. Nutella is #1 and the biggest, then there is the controversial and oft-polarizing Marmite (which I love), and then finally on crackers I occasionally like a good spread of Colman's mustard for that nice hot kick. This is all washed down with beer or a rum and coke usually. Haha.