• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

UFOs

Started by ArtBellFan, April 08, 2008, 08:39:26 PM

Are some flying saucers extraterrestrial in origin?

Yes
8 (61.5%)
No
1 (7.7%)
Not Sure
4 (30.8%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Voting closed: September 19, 2013, 09:57:21 PM

Morgus

Quote from: Thunderbird on December 19, 2012, 04:03:42 PM
Aliens fly ufos
uh-oh the troll UFO Phil is back after he posted a few days ago he would never return?
why not keep your promise?  :P

williedee

Last night I was listening to U7, and the Trumbull County UFO sightings show came on. I couldn't stop listening! I don't remember the last time any radio program has had me that interested. I'd have to say that this one is up there with Mel's hole. Best show I've heard in a long time.

For those of you with large collections, its 02/26/1999. Just fantastic radio.  8)

YNOT

I live in the area. I remember listening to it like it was yesterday. This has always been one if my favorites, being close to home and all.

Mayn

Fascinated by this show. I could listen to it over and over and not get tired of it.

It reminds me of the air traffic control scene from Close Encounters. Everyone wants to say it's a UFO but no one can admit to it on record.

I never heard this recording before. That was amazing.

Yeah, that was a great show and like another poster said even cooler that I'm in the area. I recently saw a strange  blue light with no sound zig zag across the sky hover closer to me and quietly move away and zig zag back over the horizon. I've never seen anything like it. Didn't see anything reported in the news and I know for damn sure it was not a plane or helicopter, or the goodyear blimp.

williedee

I'm glad I'm not the only one who really enjoyed it. There was something all too real about those tapes, it couldn't have been a star or a balloon. Simply amazing radio.

It wasn't scared of the police, that's all I know!

Are there any similar shows for the Phoenix Lights?

A sign that the Obama administration is taking this drone business too far, a pilot at JFK the other day reported that he thought he saw a drone flying over the airport very close to the ground. Yet it hasn't been absolutely confirmed, something definitely was buzzing around JFK as it was seen by other witnesses according to this news clip.

http://longisland.news12.com/news/alitalia-pilot-reports-drone-sighting-near-jfk-international-airport-1.4756005?firstfree=yes

It's well known and documented that UFO's have been commonly seen over major airports around the world, but the possibility of this being a drone just raises the question, why? What would the government have to be spying on around an American airport unless they're trying to spot potential terrorists on their way to board planes or set up car bombs. (God forbid that's the case.)

If anything, it could have been just something as simple as the Air Force testing a drone and like so many other instances in the past had one of their vehicles mistaken for a UFO. I've never been to NYC, so I don't know of any air bases near JFK, but I do know that we have Scott AFB near the downtown airport here in St. Louis that has supposedly flown a few of their experimental aircrafts in the past that were mistaken as UFO's. (Though Scott denies publicly having flown any experimental crafts.) The Travel Channel even did a documentary on one well documented case by county policemen back in 2000, so who knows what could have been seen over JFK...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=618Uqte_g1I

"We don't have much depth." -Art Bell

***UPDATE***

Well, it looks like it may not have been government controlled. From this report, the description of it sounds like it was a little bit smaller than a standard army air drone.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/03/05/investigation-launched-after-pilot-spots-drone-near-jfk-airport/

If that's the case, then it's quite possible that it could have been a store bought drone of some kind. If can believe it, because I used to work at Brookstone and we sold something that looked very similar to what was described.

Could be some loser with an extra $300 bucks to pay for one of these stupid things and way too much time on his hands is tryin to freak out people around the airport, or meerley just get himself on the news.

Juan

"They" have much smaller drones than the government drones they've told us about.  I suspect most flies are now drones.  Where is Katheryn Albrecht?

ItsOver

Sounds like a quadcopter, to me.  They've become very popular with the radio control community and others.  Probably some yahoo fooling around with one, too close to an airport and too high.   Anybody who's really into radio control aircraft and an AMA  member or has common sense knows you're not suppose to be flying close to an airport or up that high in approach paths.

Falkie2013

I seem to recall reading awhile back on Fox ( I think ) that they now have small surveillance drones that look like insects that have very tiny cameras in them.

Here's one article on it.

The Future of Drone Surveillance: Swarms of Cyborg Insect Drones
The future of drone surveillance is coming in a swarm of bug-sized flying spies.
By Ms. Smith on Mon, 06/18/12 - 1:36pm.

1 Comment Print
Forget the roachbots and the swarm of MIT humanoid robots dancing in sync, as well as "disposable" quarter-sized kilobots which are "cheap enough to swarm in the thousands," and think instead of DARPA-like tiny insect cyborg drones that are "designed to go places that soldiers cannot" to work as spies or as swarm weapons. Is this a mosquito micro air vehicle (MAV)?

Alan Lovejoy wrote, "Such a device could be controlled from a great distance and is equipped with a camera, microphone. It could land on you and then use its needle to take a DNA sample with the pain of a mosquito bite. Or it could inject a micro RFID tracking device under your skin." While DNA-sucking, RFID-chip-injecting mosquito drones are currently a bunch of bunk, a Bing image search shows a multitude of MAVs that aren't simply CGI mockups.

This little MAV had a 3 centimeter wingspan and that was back in 2007. When the U.S. government was accused of making insect spy drones in 2007, Tom Ehrhard, a retired Air Force colonel and expert on unmanned aerial craft, told the Telegraph, "America can be pretty sneaky." The article also mentioned a dragonfly drone the CIA had developed in the 1970s.

While reading people's comments concerning spy drones flying overhead, there have been many comments about "skeet shooting" drones down from the sky. That would most likely be destroying government property and make a person a "terrorist." Besides, would you really see a tiny part bot, part bug "cyborg insect" drone from a distance if it was spying on you?

In 2008, the U.S. Air Force showed off bug-sized spies as "tiny as bumblebees" that would not be detected when flying into buildings to "photograph, record, and even attack insurgents and terrorists."

Many flying insect drones were developed into prototypes that year, but look again at the fly drone that could fit on the tip of your finger. Gizmo Insider suggested, "We've heard of a fly swatter, but what about a marksman trying to shoot down every fly he sees within a 100 yard radius. The future of warfare and intelligence collection just got a whole lot more sophisticated." That was five years ago, so what insect spy drones exist now that the public doesn't know about?

The MAV Ornithopter on the left, so-called "lethal mini drones," were being developed outside of Dayton, Ohio, and were set to roll-out by 2015.

Lockheed Martin's Intelligent Robotics Laboratories unveiled "maple-seed-like" drones called Samarai that also mimic nature. U.S. troops could throw them like a boomrang to see real-time images of what's around the next corner, the Navy Times reported. It could also be "useful for the military and police" to look inside buildings. But nano-biomimicry MAV design has long been studied by DARPA. DARPA's 2008 symposium discussed "bugs, bots, borgs and bio-weapons." The Pentagon's "cyborg moth" is now defunct tech and bat drone bots are also old surveillance news. Researchers have developed bio-inspired drones with bug eyes, bat ears, bird wings, and even honeybee-like hairs to sense biological, chemical and nuclear weapons.

The future of hard-to-detect drone surveillance will mimic nature. The dragonfly "insect spy" drone is old, but bug-sized microdrones with flapping wings are still considered the future. The U.S. is not alone in miniaturizing drones that imitate nature; France has flapping wing bio-inspired microdrones [PDF] and the Netherlands BioMAV (Biologically Inspired A.I. for Micro Aerial Vehicles) developed a Parrot AR Drone last year; it's now available in the USA as a "flying video game" toy. DARPA's Hummingbird Nano Air Vehicle (NAV) was named by Time Magazine as one of the best 50 inventions of 2011.

John Hopkins University said in February 2012 that "butterfly research will aid the development of flying bug-size robots" and showed off this "insect-inspired flapping-wing MAV under development at Harvard University." That looks a great deal like the "fly drone" yet again, only this time compared to a penny. Are they commonly used and we just don't know it?The Air Force Office of Scientific Research and the National Science Foundation funded the insect flight dynamics research, so John Hopkins reseachers have turned to studying even smaller MAV bugs like fruit flies.

The University of Pennsylvania GRASP Lab showed off drones that swarm, a network of 20 nano quadrotors flying in synchronized formations. Engadget called them "four-bladed aerial ninjas," but the SWARMS goal is to combine swarm technology with bio-inspired drones to operate "with little or no direct human supervision" in "dynamic, resource-constrained, adversarial environments."

So the "mosquito" drone is fake, so far as we know, but the Air Force asked for itty bitty drones that could "covertly drop a mysterious and unspecified tracking 'dust' onto people, allowing them to be tracked from a distance." All of this drone tech is meant for military use, but would we really see these if they were deployed in America?

Falkie2013

Quote from: UFO Fill on May 01, 2012, 02:12:25 PM
First, I am a geezer.  My father, between WWII and Korea, was the Public Information Officer at Robins Air Force Base in Georgia - I'm pretty sure it was a Reserve position.  I was born in 1948, and at some time shortly after I was born, my father was suddenly called to a meeting of PIOs at Wright Field in Ohio.  My mother remembers it well, and both she and I asked my father many times what the meeting was about.  We even accused him of participating in the cover-up of the Roswell space alien crash.  He'd just get a sheepish grin and refuse to say anything.  Unfortunately, he passed away a couple of years ago, taking whatever happened with him to the grave.

This doesn't prove anything, but I find it interesting that about a year after whatever happened in Roswell, the Air Force called in PIOs from across the country.

Probably not as good a story as the true fact that Al Gore was born at the end of March, 1948 - exactly nine months after the Roswell crash.

Perhaps someone like Stanton Friedman, LMH, or Randle could track some of these people down who might still be alive ( or members of their families ) and see what they'd come up with.

They certainly wouldn't be told not to talk about the formation of the USAF.

onan

Quote from: Falkie2013 on March 12, 2013, 07:30:02 AM
Probably not as good a story as the true fact that Al Gore was born at the end of March, 1948 - exactly nine months after the Roswell crash.
Pfft, everyone knows alien gestation is only 2 days.

BobGrau

Quote from: onan on March 12, 2013, 09:11:41 AM
Pfft, everyone knows alien gestation is only 2 days.

Yes, but you forgot to account for time dilation... perhaps at the quantum level.

Falkie2013

Al Gore was not abducted by aliens because they didn't want his craziness to show up in their hybrids. Much like they also didn't abduct Dr. Dean who really scared them with his screaming when he was running for President.

They were probably told "Look, we had a bit of a incident in New Mexico, here's what NOT to do if a top secret project crashes near your base".

I can see the USAAF doing that.

There was a story today on NPR about commercial drones in the U.S.  Manufacturers are pissed because of restrictions.  They trotted out an example of how useful drones might be such as when a blood sample could be rushed to a lab for testing for blood-type in an emergency situation.  I don't know.... call me a Luddite, but I'm a little leary of tiny planes about the size of RC craft flying over commercial areas.  I'd be absolutely willing to change my views if science suggests these crafts are, indeed, safe and effective, but I'm a little nervous about just okaying them for all sorts of commercial enterprises.

Are any of you rocketeers?  I grew up building Estes rockets.  I remember one of the early camera-equipped models was advertised in the catalogue with promises of how we could make money with our rockets:  "Boys, you can sell photographs of fields and plots of land to your local farmers and real estate agents!"  (That and selling seeds and Grit door-to-door were the get-rich-quick schemes of my youth!  ;D)

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: BobGrau on May 01, 2013, 04:55:46 AM

'airliner had near-miss with UFO'
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-22365368

How fast are drones?

I saw the story, I'd have thought it highly unlikely it would be a UAV. If it ever proved to be so, the CAA (Civil aviation authority) will have the operator and pilot dragged through broken glass; If they're feeling generous. It's possibly (but again unlikely, but not impossible) a large radio control model aircraft, but again, the people who fly these have an exemption certificate issued on behalf of the CAA to allow them to fly such large heavy aircraft (In excess of 25KG) soo they'e not classified as light aircraft. As such they are almost always flown at such as disused airfields and large grass lands, as we're a small island, open space is at a premium! They also fly at organsed model air displays whereby a NOTAM (Notify all airmen) is requested and issued warning other aircraft to stay clear. The point is, it would be incredibly reckless for someone to fly such a model near an active airport and the idiot if/when found, will be prosecuted (See broken glass).

It could also be a full size glider/ microlight/ hang glider, but again, unless the aircraft was well out of control I think it unlikely. The last scenario could be a hot air balloon, but again, the pilots are usually in radio contact and would land if they though they'd get within an airports flight paths.

Or it could be little green men from Mars...  ;D

BobGrau

"...it appeared to have been blue and yellow or silver in colour..."

This is glasgow, of course, so it could simply have been streetlights reflecting off a shellsuit.

Quote from: BobGrau on May 02, 2013, 04:01:22 AM
"...it appeared to have been blue and yellow or silver in colour..."

This is glasgow, of course, so it could simply have been streetlights reflecting off a shellsuit.
or since it was reported as being either yellow & blue, or silver, it may have been the Silver Surfer...I'd say Wolverine, but I don't think he flies....maybe Superman decided to flip his wardrobe a bit....or maybe a steampunk airship!
Seriously, though, I wonder if they will ever know what it really was? 
Are there radar cloaking devices?

(sorry, I had posted this under Shape Shifting Aliens, since it is a UFO, but deleted it.  I just can't keep up with all the latest here!)

The fact is, we have absolutely no idea what is being test flown these days.

Thirty years ago, I lived on the coast in San Diego (near La Jolla) and for a time, our windows would rattle almost every night around 11 PM. The local news outfit began to look into it. They determined there had been no seismic activity, no jets in the area, no artillery exercises at Camp Pendleton -- nothing. The mystery remained for a few years until I had the opportunity to speak with an F-117 driver. He told me they test flew them out of Groom Lake at night and flew directly over the San Diego coast out to sea. Occasionally they would break the sound barrier. Mystery solved.

Keep in mind, that is "ancient" technology. What the Hell are they flying out of Dreamland these days?

Centurion40

Quote from: FightTheFuture on May 02, 2013, 07:35:30 AM
The fact is, we have absolutely no idea what is being test flown these days.

Thirty years ago, I lived on the coast in San Diego (near La Jolla) and for a time, our windows would rattle almost every night around 11 PM. The local news outfit began to look into it. They determined there had been no seismic activity, no jets in the area, no artillery exercises at Camp Pendleton -- nothing. The mystery remained for a few years until I had the opportunity to speak with an F-117 driver. He told me they test flew them out of Groom Lake at night and flew directly over the San Diego coast out to sea. Occasionally they would break the sound barrier. Mystery solved.

Keep in mind, that is "ancient" technology. What the Hell are they flying out of Dreamland these days?

Exactly!

coasttea

I saw a flying disk once. But i cant say it was from an advanced alien race but i can say that i had no idea what it was. What do you think?

Morgus

Yes indeed it must be an ET flying saucer.
Just ask Bob Lazar...

MV/Liberace!

i just finished thumbing through a billion threads to merge all of those that are UFO focused.  probably around 20 different threads ended up in the merge.  i find it amazing that even with that number of UFO threads being merged, the resulting mega-thread is only 6 pages long after over 5 years of this forum's existence.  i think this suggests UFOs are overblown in terms of being a topic people are interested in... even among those who are partial to "fringe" subject matter.