• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Your Celebrity Stories

Started by MV/Liberace!, September 24, 2012, 05:07:34 PM

sydtron

I dont know if this counts, but I was a caller on Arts Dark Matter program.  The open lines show. I told him about my parents haunted house and how a doorframe shook when my grandmother threw holy water unto the door. I was so nervous and slighty intoxicated. Haha. But it was nice to be apart of things and talk to THE MAN.

George Drooly

Saw Peter Buck and Dave Matthews (separately) at the Wallingford QFC in Seattle, early 2000s. Buck was buying wine; Matthews pushing a kid in a stroller. Fuck all millionaires.

Because I live in NYC, I've seen a lot of celebrities, including Andy Warhol three feet behind me on a movie line, but my favorite story is about The Who. I used to date a photographer and he took me to one of their shows that he was covering for a magazine.  I was minding the equipment when they came backstage and Roger Daltrey stopped on the stairs and invited me to their dressing room. The man has the bluest eyes I've ever seen. I thanked him and declined, but man, for weeks later there was no talking to me, lol.

b_dubb

Quote from: Unscreened Caller on July 23, 2014, 02:25:07 AM
Because I live in NYC, I've seen a lot of celebrities, including Andy Warhol three feet behind me on a movie line, but my favorite story is about The Who. I used to date a photographer and he took me to one of their shows that he was covering for a magazine.  I was minding the equipment when they came backstage and Roger Daltrey stopped on the stairs and invited me to their dressing room. The man has the bluest eyes I've ever seen. I thanked him and declined, but man, for weeks later there was no talking to me, lol.
hawt

Tarbaby

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on July 22, 2014, 11:23:44 PM
Did he ask you if you liked gladiator movies?   :D

[attachimg=1]
you beat me to it. I was about to ask if he said, "did you ever see a grown man naked?"

yumyumtree

Quote from: George Drooly on July 23, 2014, 12:51:37 AM
Saw Peter Buck and Dave Matthews (separately) at the Wallingford QFC in Seattle, early 2000s. Buck was buying wine; Matthews pushing a kid in a stroller. Fuck all millionaires.
I used to shop at that one, and still do, when I housesit. When it was still Food Giant, even.

Gemstone

My husband had just gotten married in Kauai and were on the plane heading home.  Robert Redford was seated in the next row diagonally in the seat next to the aisle.  I could look straight forward and still not appear to stare.  I had the perfect view!  About two hours into the flight one of the flight attendants came over and asked if I wouldn't mind taking pictures of Mr. Redford with them.  I told her I'd be happy to but only if he agreed to having his picture taken.  I took separate photos of all three attendants then handed the camera back.  Mr. Redford then said "Well, wait a minute, we need to have a picture taken together!"  He put his arm around me and one of the flight attendants snapped the shot.  It is a photo I treasure. I was impressed with how nice and down to earth he was.  As we disembarked the plane he leaned over to my husband and I and congratulated us on our marriage and wished us a happy life together.

A very classy man.

Tarbaby

Gemstone

In 2005 I was a bridesmaid for the first time.  It was a HUGE Hollywood wedding. "E" Entertainment was not only covering the "Big day" of events but the day before at the church and rehearsal dinner.  All the other bridesmaids worked in the entertainment industry with each other and were good friends.  I had known the bride since we were 19 years old before she found fame. Of the 11 bridesmaids I was the only white one and I felt a little self conscious with all the TV cameras and not knowing anyone else except the bride.

At the church rehearsal I walked down the aisle and went to find a seat with the other bridesmaids. They were all busy visiting, laughing etc and I went to sit down but the place I chose was being "saved".  A little embarrassed and stated that this was new territory for me.  Then this velvety friendly voice piped up and said "Me too! I've never been a bridesmaid before either.  It's settled, you just sit next to me." She patted the space next to her with this gorgeous smile.  That was my introduction to Patti LaBelle.  I will forever remember how kind and lovely she was.

Tarbaby

Wow! You have a way of telling stories that is quite moving.

Gemstone

Quote from: Tarbaby on July 23, 2014, 12:02:01 PM
Wow! You have a way of telling stories that is quite moving.
I tend to feel a little on the rambly side, but Thank you TB!

coaster

I've never understood "celebrity". I really don't get why people go apeshit over someone who's job it is to stand in front of a camera or on a stage. I look at all celebrities with indifference.

PerfectTommy

"Roadie for Metallica. Speed of Sound Tour. Bunch of assholes."--The Dude

I met Metallica after a show in the late 90's.

It was just James, Lars, and at the time, Jason. Kirk was nowhere to be found--probably already on the bus. James and Lars were cool enough to sign autographs, but didn't really stick around... or even look at you as they muttered "Hey".

I guess it's somewhat understandable as they were probably tired and Lars had apparently cut himself shaving as he toilet paper all over his face.

Jason however was the most amiable of the bunch. He signed autographs, and actually chatted it up with us for a while--asked if we enjoyed the show and whatnot, and I even joked with him about an "accident" that occurred during the show where a stagehand caught on fire and another swung down from the rafters on a cable.

I asked how they got the Human Torch and Tarzan to put in cameos and he got a kick out of that.

George Drooly

I once saw Madonna, Tom Hanks, Penny Marshall, Geena Davis and Rosie O'Donnell in the same place at the same time.