• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Which Sports Teams Do You Hate And Why

Started by PB the Deplorable, September 22, 2012, 11:51:20 PM

Quote from: Paper*Boy on June 10, 2015, 07:41:26 PM
Oakland is on the verge of losing the Raiders, A's, and Warriors over the next few years. 

They don't have the money to build new stadiums for them, and shouldn't.  Remodeling the Coliseum awhile back for the Raiders was a debacle

Mt. Davis. That thing is horrible.

albrecht

Oakland is on the verge of losing the Raiders, A's, and Warriors over the next few years. 

They don't have the money to build new stadiums for them, and shouldn't.  Remodeling the Coliseum awhile back for the Raiders was a debacle
I particularly enjoy how the Raiders play the populace in San Antonio to try to get Oakland to move on new stuff. People in SA think its legit every-time but it is just a negotiating/black-mail strategy.

Oakland's already lost the Warriors, to San Francisco
http://www.nba.com/warriors/sf

Oakland tried to plan a move to San Jose for the A's but were shot down by the Giants in a political move

The Raiders are where they need to be. If they go anywhere else they should just start fresh with new mascot and image

Up All Night

Quote from: Juan on September 24, 2012, 03:57:51 AM
I was around the SEC at the time.  Bryant had made a few attempts to integrate the team in the past.  He enlisted the NAACP at one point, in an attempt to sign some star black players, but that didn't work.

But one point rarely mentioned in the story is that black players didn't have to go to the big schools to get to the NFL.  I remember reading a magazine in 1970 that showed Notre Dame had put more players in the NFL than any other school.  Grambling State was second.  So black players knew they could get to the NFL through Grambling, Southern, FAMU, etc., go to the schools their fathers and uncles had attended, and not have to put up with BS.

What Bryant did, after the Southern Cal game, was go out and recruit a dozen black Jr. College and Division II kids.  Remember there was an NCAA rule at the time that freshmen could not play varsity sports.  Bryant signed 10 of those kids.  Other SEC schools were signing one at a time.  He had argued that he was making a serious run at integrating the team, and that by signing a number of black players, they wouldn't be alone.

And what Bryant did had already happened in high schools all across the South. 

You're right that the legend is much greater than what actually happened, but what happened is important.

I'm so glad that Freshmen can now play!! And so is Nick Saban !!!

The NCAA National Championship Game 1-8-18

From this....

To THIS:

Quote from: Up All Night on January 09, 2018, 01:01:28 AM
I'm so glad that Freshmen can now play!! And so is Nick Saban !!!

The NCAA National Championship Game 1-8-18

From this....

To THIS:

That was a hell of a game and Saban owes the little Hawaiian bigtime for turning the game around.  If not for him, the Bullldogs would have won.  Alabama needs a new place kicker.  The Greek kid sucks.

ItsOver

Nice game last night.  I was kind of hoping Georgia would win just to have someone other than Alabama but still a good game.  Yet, upstart UCF beat Auburn and ended up undefeated.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/21996408/ucf-honors-national-championship-walt-disney-world-parade

Ha!  I'm ready for the 2018 college football season already.

ksm32

Any warm climate city that has an NHL team, that's a team I hate. If it doesn't get below zero where you live, you don't deserve a team. The latest would be the Vegas Golden Knights. And who was the genius that came up with that name? Good Lord.

..hate, is such a strong word. Too strong really

GravitySucks

Quote from: ksm32 on January 09, 2018, 09:46:34 PM
Any warm climate city that has an NHL team, that's a team I hate. If it doesn't get below zero where you live, you don't deserve a team. The latest would be the Vegas Golden Knights. And who was the genius that came up with that name? Good Lord.

..hate, is such a strong word. Too strong really

Hope we get another team in Houston soon. The guy that just bought the Rockets says he wants a team.

In 1998/99 the Stars won the Stanley Cup and the Aeros won the Turner Cup.

Swishypants

Quote from: GravitySucks on January 09, 2018, 09:52:50 PM
Hope we get another team in Houston soon. The guy that just bought the Rockets says he wants a team.

In 1998/99 the Stars won the Stanley Cup and the Aeros won the Turner Cup.

I don't like you trying to pretend you're a real Texan. GET OUT! Unless you're 8 generations deep, you're just a visitor.

albrecht

Quote from: 21st Century Man on January 09, 2018, 02:42:31 AM

That was a hell of a game and Saban owes the little Hawaiian bigtime for turning the game around.  If not for him, the Bullldogs would have won.  Alabama needs a new place kicker.  The Greek kid sucks.
http://www.ajc.com/sports/college/was-fixed-conspiracies-abound-over-alabama-win-over-georgia/ZpqErf1E5xuuzoi49190II/