• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Richard C. Hoagland

Started by Richard C. Hoagland, July 20, 2008, 07:01:42 PM

zeebo

Has anyone ever heard him interview anyone else?  We already know he can go full monologue, but can he actually lead a discussion where he's not the one doing most the talking?

Quote from: zeebo on June 30, 2015, 08:57:23 PM
Has anyone ever heard him interview anyone else?  We already know he can go full monologue, but can he actually lead a discussion where he's not the one doing most the talking?
No, and it is kind of hard to feature, isn't it!  It will be interesting.

I wonder what the business model for The Hoagie Show is?  I would imagine that Art and Keith own the show, and cover production costs, and if there are no music royalties to pay then the show might make some money.  I think Art will make sure his buddy Richard gets a percentage.  I have a feeling there is a short list of people Art likes and trusts, and Art treats those people right.

None of my business, of course; but gablings just naturally gotta scratch and peck.

pate

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAKG-kbKeIo

chefist

Time to fly!

popple

Quote from: SaucyRossy on June 30, 2015, 04:45:27 PM
Expat. I know you have a well founded deep seeded...dislike of RCH due to all of the things you point out that are wrong but man I feel like we should all just enjoy the whacky ride that's about to happen with his show. Otherwise, you're gonna have so many hours of audio to write debunk articles for you could literally have no time for anything else haha

I'm with this saucy fellow  8)

Quote from: b_dubb on June 30, 2015, 08:05:21 PM
I'm not a fan of Hoagland.  His show might as well be the Other Side of Roseanne Barr's Ass.  I'm not interested.

The good news is, hopefully he'll be contained on his own show and won't be on with Art much.  I really wonder who is going the pay $5 to hear that, much past the first month. 

It's a win either way - either he is mostly going to be left to his own show, or it will become clear not that many people are interested.

zeebo

I like me some occasional Hoagie, e.g. maybe a segment or two a month, just to hear what he's come up with this time.  But his own show, what five times a week?  Seems like too much of an already questionable thing.

expat

Quote from: SaucyRossy on June 30, 2015, 04:45:27 PM
Expat. I know you have a well founded deep seeded...dislike of RCH due to all of the things you point out that are wrong but man I feel like we should all just enjoy the whacky ride that's about to happen with his show. Otherwise, you're gonna have so many hours of audio to write debunk articles for you could literally have no time for anything else haha

If it means paying a subscription, no matter how little, I won't be there.

Juan Cena

Quote from: expat on July 01, 2015, 09:21:41 AM

I'm sure it would show up on YouTube.

paladin1991

Good question.  It might be a very short gig for RCH if he can't conduct a dialogue.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: paladin1991 on July 01, 2015, 09:36:05 AM
Good question.  It might be a very short gig for RCH if he can't conduct a dialogue.

It will be along the lines of almost all exponents of quackery; The 'guest' will have two options. Say the things that will feed RCH to  get very animated about, or pick apart piece by piece the BS that RCH sells. If the latter, the 'guest' will last about 20 seconds. 30 if he misses the cues that this is not what he wants to hear.

Hoagland on his own is a cluster-f waiting to happen. he really needs somebody (like Art)to rein him in and keep him focused.

"We've got 30 seconds for callers"

I've always enjoyed listening to Richard Hoagland. The first time I heard him interviewed was in the late 80s and it wasn't Art Bell. I picked up the Monuments of Mars and have been a fan ever since. Even though I may not agree or even understand what he's talking about, I still think he makes for entertaining radio.

Five nights a week is a lot of time to fill and I have no idea what to expect from the show, but I just subscribed with high hopes.

Rock on Richard!

Jackstar

Quote from: MaxGravy on July 01, 2015, 02:52:50 PM
I have no idea what to expect from the show

shot-by-shot compare-contrast analysis of John Carter and Mission to Mars.

zeebo

Quote from: Jackstar on July 01, 2015, 03:18:03 PM
shot-by-shot compare-contrast analysis of John Carter and Mission to Mars.

I remember when John Carter came out, Hoagie talked about it on c2c almost like it was a documentary.

Can someone find the picture of RCH where he was photographed in a mustard suit, in a wind swept field.

You should be first in line.

K_Dubb

Quote from: nooryisawesome on July 01, 2015, 10:07:22 PM
Can someone find the picture of RCH where he was photographed in a mustard suit, in a wind swept field.

It's like he kept his wardrobe from Texas in the late 70s.

coaster

That picture reminds me of an old album cover so I just had to photoshop it

ItsOver

Quote from: coaster on July 01, 2015, 10:57:26 PM

Ha!  Yes.  Maybe Eddie can use it for his next avatar.  Hoagie making tunes with his Accutron synthesizer.

Quote from: K_Dubb on July 01, 2015, 10:30:36 PM
It's like he kept his wardrobe from Texas in the late 70s.

Thank you.  I Love this picture.

Juan Cena

Contains the hit song "The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face on Mars."

Juan Cena

If you started a Kickstarter campaign, I'm sure you'd have enough money to secure several years worth of subscribing to Art & RCH's shows.

zeebo

Quote from: Juan Cena on July 01, 2015, 11:25:43 PM
Contains the hit song "The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face on Mars."

And "19.5 Ways to Leave Your Lover".

Jackstar

"Tie A Yellow Ribbon 'Round The Ancient Hyper-Dimensional Monolith"

SaucyRossy

This is fucking brilliant.

Yorkshire pud

Heart of glass domes on the moon.

Jefferson spaceship following Elenin's greatest hits.

19 half degrees from Tulsa.

This is absolutely brilliant!

Contains his greatest hits:
"Hey, 19.5 it's good to have you back again, oh hey, 19.5, her loving is the medicine that saved me"
"When the face on Mars hits you like a cigar, that's amore!"
"Que sera, sera. I see what I want to see. You may not agree with me. Que sera, sera,"

Yorkshire pud

Pyramids on Mars by the dashboard light.

Robot head on the Moon. (Kraftwerk remix)