• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Richard C. Hoagland

Started by Richard C. Hoagland, July 20, 2008, 07:01:42 PM

DebbyS

GN just made a huge deal about a horrendous move for Hoagland, but did not elaborate. I got up from my sick bed (well, trying to fight off a looming cold, thus I listened to GN until his semiannual twilight-zoned guests came on at which time I turned over to a delayed broadcast of Mike Malloy's show) -- I got up and turned on my computer, plugged in my modem, and note that news of Hoagland's move has not made it to his own website and there is no mention of it on C2C.

I can understand a man of nearly 70, with heart problems, moving out of mountains at ~10,000 feet altitude (the Sandias are west of me), but I'd like to know where he moved to, even just the state. Maybe the "horrendous" move was just down hill into the city, closer to hospitals or something. I have written to GN to ask; I expect no reply.

Quote from: Juan Cena on December 06, 2014, 12:43:42 AM
You assume Snorge can read. Or at least read at the level us posters are posting on.

Well, that is a pretty high bar alright.

Juan

NASA now says new evidence shows life was possible on Mars - and the photo used to illustrate the article sure does look like Hoagie's Martian apartments.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/news/science/2014/12/08/new-evidence-shows-mars-had-conditions-support-life/iKZXogJt2wdeEn55WDG4XO/story.html?hootPostID=d00c89306f1feac96369070378c39b6b

Take that Hoagland h8rz.

Quote from: Juan on December 09, 2014, 05:38:58 PM
NASA now says new evidence shows life was possible on Mars - and the photo used to illustrate the article sure does look like Hoagie's Martian apartments.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/news/science/2014/12/08/new-evidence-shows-mars-had-conditions-support-life/iKZXogJt2wdeEn55WDG4XO/story.html?hootPostID=d00c89306f1feac96369070378c39b6b

Take that Hoagland h8rz.

Must have been awfully small Martians.

Juan Cena

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on December 09, 2014, 08:45:27 PM
Must have been awfully small Martians.

They ain't called "Little Green Men" for nothing, y'know.

paladin1991

Quote from: Juan Cena on December 10, 2014, 01:39:58 AM
They ain't called "Little Green Men" for nothing, y'know.
Size Queen.

The General

I can't believe I'm reading a thread about Richard Hoagland.
What the Hell is wrong with me.

paladin1991

Quote from: The General on December 11, 2014, 04:07:25 PM
Far as I can tell, you are reading a Hogland thread.

Seriously dude, what are you doing that for?  You wouldn't catch me doing that.

Juan Cena

boredom?

zeebo

You may have a torsion field anomaly.  It should resolve on it's own, but keep alert for any Mars news just in case.

cweb

He's baaaaaack!
QuoteWednesday December 17, 2014
Hosted by George Noory
Guest(s): Richard C. Hoagland
Former space science museum curator and former NASA consultant, Richard C. Hoagland, will share his thoughts on the latest developments in space news including how the launch of the Orion spacecraft signals a new era for American spaceflight and how it connects to the burgeoning private space industry. He will also reveal how the comet 67-P, which is being tracked by the Rosetta Mission, is actually an ancient space station.

albrecht

Quote from: cweb on December 12, 2014, 08:57:24 AM
He's baaaaaack!
I hope we get details on this "move" he recently had that was "a nightmare". Having said that I had a cousin who had a nightmare move with a trucking company being late and loosing cargo. It is actually amazing how little liability moving companies have and what redress you have. Hint to Hoagland: next time buy extra insurance moving your Bulova Accutron watch collection and secret NASA Mars and Moon photos because the federal minimum coverage won't nearly replace it and check local zoning laws before you try to build your glass-domed house!

cweb

Quote from: albrecht on December 12, 2014, 11:41:07 AM
I hope we get details on this "move" he recently had that was "a nightmare". Having said that I had a cousin who had a nightmare move with a trucking company being late and loosing cargo. It is actually amazing how little liability moving companies have and what redress you have. Hint to Hoagland: next time buy extra insurance moving your Bulova Accutron watch collection and secret NASA Mars and Moon photos because the federal minimum coverage won't nearly replace it and check local zoning laws before you try to build your glass-domed house!
Ha! Maybe he was taking a bit too much real estate advice from Data's Head.

I had a nightmare move several months ago. A friend asked me to help him move 1.5 hours away. Cue hot summer day. Shit not packed. Rental truck 2 hours late. 3 of the 6 guys left with truck half packed. Had to wait 90 minutes for his wife to "approve" the pack and give instructions. Drive 1.5 hours dead tired. Unpacked truck. Drive 1.5 hours back home. Nice 10 hour day. I wouldn't wish that on anyone.

I'm sure Hoagie's story will be more entertaining.

Richard is the only guest booked for Wednesday.  Does that mean three hours with him?  I think George shouldn't be jumping back into this relationship with two feet.  You know, test the waters a little first George.  Especially when you've worked your space science questions down to two hours of excellence.  I mean once you've shared your story about knowing there was life on other planets as a 12-year old, where do you go from there?

albrecht

Quote from: cweb on December 12, 2014, 08:49:50 PM
Ha! Maybe he was taking a bit too much real estate advice from Data's Head.

I had a nightmare move several months ago. A friend asked me to help him move 1.5 hours away. Cue hot summer day. Shit not packed. Rental truck 2 hours late. 3 of the 6 guys left with truck half packed. Had to wait 90 minutes for his wife to "approve" the pack and give instructions. Drive 1.5 hours dead tired. Unpacked truck. Drive 1.5 hours back home. Nice 10 hour day. I wouldn't wish that on anyone.

I'm sure Hoagie's story will be more entertaining.
Been there. Having a pickup and being too nice is also a bad thing. Last move for a relative they had so much stuff figure "hire movers" and get her done instead of using pickup and flatbed trailer for multiple trips. It was summer, Texas, and hot and, unfortunately humid. I did the packing and had it all boxed and staged bookshelves, boxes, chest of drawers, etc all good outside on driveway. Movers simply needed to load into truck. Movers showed up and it was like Laurel and Hardy, or Skipper and Gilligan. One small Mexican guy (who admittedly could lift and move and worked hard) and his helper a 6-5 black guy- but not fit but fat (and some strength under the fat.) But the bigger guy was sweating and wheezing so much I took over many times for him, particularly with furniture he was pouring sweat on. The worst thing was he would start to wheeze and need to "take a break" and literally INHALE a full cigarette in under a minute and drink from a Super BigGulp. I was beginning to worry about my liability if this guy I hired keels over from a coronary! I kept offering him water, etc. But, nope, only a cigarette and some Coke would do.

ComeBackArt

I can't believe this thread didn't light up overnight. I recorded last night's show and managed to get through it this AM while eating breakfast and taking the train in to work. RCH seems to get more and more wack-o every time I hear him. Last night he claimed that Comet 67P/Churyumov-Gerasimenko is an ancient spaceship. He's got a new book coming out about how Pluto is an ancient archive designed so that we would find it. And lots of ridiculous BS about "geometry" and "torsion field physics", etc., etc. Proof of an aerial tram on Mars because of a line in a picture? The audio of the radiation emitted by 67P is a homing signal so that Rosetta could fidn it once it got close?

I used to find him moderately amusing at least. This morning I just wanted to reach through my earbuds and slap some sense into the old man. I won't even bother recounting any of the rest of the show, save it to say that while RCH used to get me to tune in at least for a laugh, I think even those days have passed. Pathetic old kook. Even Noory feigned disbelief and pretending to make RCH answer for his ridiculous claims.

Edit: I see all the laughing was over on the GNS thread. My bad.

wr250

snorge wants hoaxland's hair.

scottydawg

Richard reminds me of a crazy uncle who tells old war stories. The older he gets the wilder the story becomes. "I drove one of the landing craft up to Omaha Beach." :)   Becomes "I almost got a good shot at Hitler, but his damn guards got in the way." ;)
Then a few years later it becomes "I saw them flying Saucers the Nazi's made and one was shaped like a bell, and I took a ride in it!" ::)

albrecht

It was sort of nice to hear the wild speculations and theories of Hoaxland again. I'm still mad that he refused to talk about his "horrendous" move.

But we got to hear about tramlines on the comet (which is actually an old spaceship.) And his musical career (apparently singing on the Tonight Show) but the tapes were destroyed. Conspiracy says Norry.

And during callers we got "William from Middleton, WI" (I thought it used to be Madison) who continued on his campaign that we recognise that the Finnic people (Finland and Estonian Finns) build the Egyptian pyramids. AND we got "Bill from Connecticut" with his usual stuff.

And we got Hoaxland AND Norry to correct a caller when he said "Dr.Hoagland": Norry said "no Doctor."

expat

AND we heard Hoagland declare that there was no ice in comet 67P which would only be true if ESA is a bunch of lying bastards.

http://blogs.esa.int/rosetta/2014/11/18/philae-settles-in-dust-covered-ice/

albrecht

Quote from: expat on December 19, 2014, 02:24:02 PM
AND we heard Hoagland declare that there was no ice in comet 67P which would only be true if ESA is a bunch of lying bastards.

http://blogs.esa.int/rosetta/2014/11/18/philae-settles-in-dust-covered-ice/
Haha. Yeah, I think even some article BEFORE Hoaxland's show mentioned this. And not even trade-journals or uber-scientific articles. Yet he still said it. I admit an odd liking to the guy because of his long-term of his nutso stuff. And because he even calls out Norry on stuff because poor George is clueless following even the crazy theories or simple questions. But I shudder to think anyone really believes his "science" and wonder why nobody (judgement proof?) like CBS, Cronkite estate, now NBC, etc ever sued him for his claims (now include singing on the Tonight Show!)
ps: I still want to know about his "horrible move"

wr250

Quote from: albrecht on December 19, 2014, 07:48:06 PM
ps: I still want to know about his "horrible move"

he moved to dark matter, but then art quit. and george wouldnt take him back, so he had to store his stuff and live in his car. now george has forgiven hoaxland apparently and all is well again.

albrecht

Quote from: wr250 on December 19, 2014, 07:54:07 PM

he moved to dark matter, but then art quit. and george wouldnt take him back, so he had to store his stuff and live in his car. now george has forgiven hoaxland apparently and all is well again.
;D ;D

paladin1991

Quote from: scottydawg on December 18, 2014, 06:40:05 PM
Richard reminds me of a crazy uncle who tells old war stories. The older he gets the wilder the story becomes. "I drove one of the landing craft up to Omaha Beach." :)   Becomes "I almost got a good shot at Hitler, but his damn guards got in the way." ;)
Then a few years later it becomes "I saw them flying Saucers the Nazi's made and one was shaped like a bell, and I took a ride in it!" ::)

"Gee Unca Hogland, you wuz in WWII?"
"Well.....No.   But I saw a lot of movies."

cweb

Even with Snoorge's senile mumblings, it was kind of nice to hear the ol' Hoagie prattle on for a show.

And firing on all cylinders. Comet 67P is a space ship? With a library? Think we found where all those unsold copies of Dark Mission went. Guess they aren't being used for paper mache craft at the Bara household after all.

Lunger

Quote from: cweb on December 20, 2014, 06:14:52 PM
Even with Snoorge's senile mumblings, it was kind of nice to hear the ol' Hoagie prattle on for a show.

And firing on all cylinders. Comet 67P is a space ship? With a library? Think we found where all those unsold copies of Dark Mission went. Guess they aren't being used for paper mache craft at the Bara household after all.

I really want to listen to the show on YouTube to hear what rabbit hole Hoggie's going down, but the thought of having to listen to Dave sort of trumps my curiosity.  I'd end of smashing my MacBook immediately after the question of Comet 67P's portal status.

I think Hoagland has gone from taking himself seriously to trying to capitalize on being a laughing stock.  What a sad end to a sad career.

DanTSX

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on December 22, 2014, 04:36:07 PM
I think Hoagland has gone from taking himself seriously to trying to capitalize on being a laughing stock.  What a sad end to a sad career.

Kind of like Noory....