Author FUNCTION RANDOM - All Things Technological On Your Mind  (Read 112178 times)

Re: FUNCTION RANDOM - All Things Technological On Your Mind
« Reply #1320 on: December 06, 2017, 07:43:41 AM »
I've searched the Internet and find no answer, so I turn to the geniuses at Bellgab. I'm running a Win10 laptop and have a bunch of Adobe programs installed (CS5.5). I've used this computer for about 9-months. Starting last week, whenever the computer starts up, Adobe Bridge launches. I had not changed anything - but there was a big Microsoft "upgrade" at about this time.  I've gone into Task Manager/Startup and disabled everything with Adobe in it.  Bridge still starts. While some of the older versions of Bridge had an "Open on Startup" check box in Preferences, this version does not.
How do I stop Bridge from opening on startup?

Now take this suggestion with a grain of salt since I'm searching my memory for whether it works (it mightn't even be applicable for this program), and I don't have any experience with Win 10. And be careful with what you do because it might break other things...

In task manager there's a tab called services (or you can search for it and it'll come up). Try and view the non task manager version since the descriptions are more in depth.
It'll list the names of services, a description of what they do, their status (ie are the running or not), and their startup type. Look for the Adobe ones, and there might be one for Adobe Bridge. Right click it, go to properties and there'll be a dialogue box.
If the service is running you can stop it here, and you can also change the startup type (automatic, manual, disabled). Select your desired option and apply.

Now having done you this might've broken functions of Adobe and/or when you actually need to run the program you might need to go back into the services list and ensure that it's running.

Maybe wait for someone else to weigh in before trying.  ;)

MV if you read this and disagree with the suggestion, please delete my post so it doesn't mislead others.

« Reply #1321 on: December 06, 2017, 08:43:38 AM »
Thanks. I went into Services and the only Adobe service running automatically on startup was something called Adobe Active File Monitor. I reset that to manual and rebooted. Bridge still started up.
Thanks for your help. I'm far too busy a man to wait an extra minute and a half for my computer to boot, Bridge to boot, then close out Bridge.

« Reply #1322 on: December 08, 2017, 02:03:47 PM »

« Reply #1323 on: December 09, 2017, 09:09:40 PM »

« Reply #1324 on: December 10, 2017, 11:47:08 AM »
BITCH! BE HUMBLE!  8)