• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The Big Lebowski Sequel

Started by MV/Liberace!, July 14, 2012, 11:44:10 AM

ziznak

Ah man I hope the Coen boys know what they're doing... 10 years + sequels rarely work out.

stevesh

Also read today that there are remakes in the works for (among others) Superman, Judge Dredd, Robocop, Ghost Busters, Carrie, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and A Star Is Born (that'll be #5, and won't be nearly as good as the classic Judy Garland/James Mason version).

coaster

TBL is one of my favorite movies and I love the Coen Brothers. I usually wouldnt like the idea of a sequel being made after all this time, but in this case I say go for it. Bill Murray is going to be in it ffs..

coaster

I figured it was too good to be true. A quick google search confirms that the movie isnt happening.

MV/Liberace!

well then.  this thread is now officially a turd in my drink.

heater

The only sequel story I will accept is one that takes place 12 years after the original and is the story of the young lebowski child that the Dude fathered in the original.  Young lebowski is accidentally left behind at a mall (Maude was at an art show display for the public) and bumps into the Jesus in the parking lot.  After having seen a reward for young lebowskis return on the news in the Sears store Jesus grabs the boy with good intentions of delivering him safely to Maude...dark comedy begins here.  Young lebowski's name is never given throughout the movie but is referred to as "son of prominent local artist" by authorities and news reports or "little dude" by all the lost souls he bumps into while traveling with Jesus.  Of course no one actually knows he is the Dude's son they just don't care enough to get to know him...including Jesus.

Side story: Walter sees a news clip that has Jesus running through an In 'n Out burger drive through with an abducted kid so he goes on a rampage searching for him.  (Only inclusion of the Dude is when Walter calls him to see if he will drive since its Sunday, to which the Dude declines as he is in an altered state while taking a bath.)  Walter never finds Jesus but at one point wets himself after he bursts into the back yard of a mansion that seems to have a jungle themed motif...ironically standing on a very expensive rug that ties the landscaping together.

pate

Quote from: Σ> on July 14, 2012, 01:49:24 PM
well then.  this thread is now officially a turd in my drink.

Then I am happy enough that "Coming to America 2/II" is being bandied about.

Good day, sir.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpAJFU288ME

Not Sure...