• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Barbara Marx Hubbard is a Big Fat Turd

Started by HAL 9000, July 02, 2012, 01:57:42 AM

HAL 9000

Tonight's C2C guest, Barbara Marx Hubbard, is a big fat turd.

[attachimg=1]

Aside from being your run-of-the-mill new-age asshat, she has (like Steven Greer et. al.) set up a tax-free 501(c)(3) foundation. Her Foundation for Conscious Evolution has brought in a ton of money used for travel, food, lodging, internet services (many thousands per year), gifts, etc. Yes, folks, buy your relatives gifts from your own tax-free foundation.

Below is her income from contributions/fees/etc. by year: (data from IRS form 990 filings)

1997: $240,700
1998: $194,820
1999: $316,725
2000: $431,444
2001: $482,422
2002: $578,553
2003: $620,238
2004: $260,606
2005: $342,247
2006: $238,937
2007: $183,124
2008: $145,474
2009: $239,739
2010: $414,158
===========
$4,689,187 (average ~$335,000/yr.)

She occasionally pays herself a fee.

Gifts given in (samples):
2010: $5,150
2009: $8,877
2004: $4,863
2003: $2,012
2002: $4,544
2001: $7,484

Getting tired of looking this shit up.

From her publicly available IRS 990 filings:

Barbara Marx Hubbard
402 E. Valerio St, Santa Barbara, CA 93101
(805) 682-3222 (also at her website: http://tinyurl.com/6ppmbdo)

Here is the 2011 filing for 2010 (sample):
http://dynamodata.fdncenter.org/990_pdf_archive/541/541386702/541386702_201109_990.pdf

You can send a donation to Barbara (from $15-$1,000) here:
http://shop.humanityascending.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=31

I think I need to start a Foundation.

Holy Shit! Now I find she is co-founder of another tax-free 501(c)(3) Foundation started in 1986. My head is going to explode. I am seriously going to look into starting a tax-free foundation.

I really need to stop... but one more find: Barbara Marx Hubbard has a whole network of friends who have 501(c)(3) tax-free foundations. One is Barbara Fields, the Executive Director for The Association for Global New Thought; Ms. Fields also:
QuoteCo-founder (with Arun GandhI) and Project Director â€" The Gandhi King Chavez Season for Nonviolence 1998-present; Program Director â€" Parliament of the World's Religions in Chicago; Co-founder and Project Director of the Synthesis Dialogues with His Holiness, the Dalai Lama of Tibet, Dharamsala, India, 1999, Trent, Italy, 2001, and Rome, 2004; Coordinator of U.S. based omni-local initiatives for Harvard Global Negotiation Project’s Abraham Walk Initiative in the Middle East; Conference and Program Director for the Society for Buddhist-Christian Studies in Chicago, IL and Tacoma, WA; Program Director - International Buddhist-Christian Theological Encounter, Purdue University and the Lilly Foundation; Participant - UNESCO Seminar on Religion and Peace, Granada, Spain. Honorary Doctor of Humane Letters, Holmes Institute, 2005, and Religious Science International’s first Peace Award in 2003; Recipient of The Peace Museum's Community Peacemaker Award in the area of Diplomacy. Serves on the Boards of EarthAction, and the Foundation for Conscious Evolution. Co-founder of The Earth Network, a non-profit alternative television organization dedicated to the environment, social action, and the human spirit for which she received the Visionary Award from the Center For New Television; Contributing author, The Community of Religions (Continuum Press, 1996).

Barbara Marx Hubbard is on the Board of Ms. Fields' The Association for Global New Thought, while Barbara Fields is on the Board of Barbara Marx Hubbard's Foundation for Conscious Evolution

OK, I can't stand it anymore. This may go on forever.  :'(

[attachment deleted by admin]

analog kid

I wonder if there's like a lorem ipsum generator, but for new-age gobbledegook nonsense speak. It would streamline the creation of one of these 501s.

stevesh

HAL, you're doing yeoman's work researching these scum, and I appreciate it greatly.

I've often wondered over the years how the regular C2C guests support themselves by writing books that don't sell well except on the few days either side of their C2C appearances. Now I have at least one answer, and a possible explanation for Noory's continued employment. Only those slugs stupid enough to donate money to this ridiculous fraud could consider Simple George competent. Assuming your figures are correct, there are a lot of them.

It's also not impossible that guests like Hubbard make some donations of their own to the George Noory/Lisa Lyon Retirement Fund to facilitate their C2C appearances. Just sayin'.

Zircon

People like Barbara add to the general perception of how fraudulent the New Age movement is. Unless C2C has guest that can verify their position from the historical record or from scientific observation/analysis, they are selling snake oil.

Recall the Jim McMahon's World Wrestling Federation in the 1980s? It was advertised as "entertainment" and essentially performed by a bunch of muscle-bound actors. A living, organic series of cartoons for idiots with wife-beater Ts and cheap 3.2 brew to yell and holler about as their favorites fought.

New Age's bevy of proponents are among the lowest forms of life feeding off of the truly pathetic and ignorant. But a dollar is a dollar even if its in a moron's wallet or purse.

Apparently these foundations are set up for self-promoting fucking ass holes. Says a lot about where we are as a people.

EvB

Here you go.      It's a how-to guide!  One of the items from that page reads:

QuoteThe principal disadvantage to establishing a nonprofit corporation is the increased paperwork and filings required and the scrutiny of government agencies. Often, this can mean a substantial effort and expense, especially when--as is recommended--legal, financial and tax advisors are involved. Even so, many of these requirements are "one-time" events and may well be worthwhile in order to obtain permanent nonprofit 501(c)(3) tax-exempt status.[/q][/q]
QuoteFurthermore a corporation must comply with legal and regulatory formalities including the creation and adoption of corporate bylaws, the holding of meetings of directors, and the recordation of meeting minutes kept with the corporation's records.

So I wonder, how hard is it, really?  ???   Do you have any lawyer friends?  ;D

Juan

I've formed legitimate non-profits in Florida - it was not much trouble at all.  There are books on the subject - by state.  Now, how to get folks to cough up the dough is another thing.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: UFO Fill on July 02, 2012, 12:14:26 PM
Now, how to get folks to cough up the dough is another thing.

just proclaim yourself a "worker in the light" and start selling healing stones.

Ben Shockley

Quote from: MV on July 02, 2012, 01:21:22 PM

just proclaim yourself a "worker in the light" and start selling healing stones.
They all love that word "healing."   WTF does it mean  ??  Show me some people who have been "healed" by unicorns and purple crystals and Enya music of some actual diagnosed organic illness !!
No, I think that for the Noory types, it means something approximating "feeling better after an indiscreet weekend" or "reconciling with your poodle after you spoke angrily to it" or something ~~

Grimace

Quote from: Ben Shockley on July 02, 2012, 02:03:21 PM
They all love that word "healing."   WTF does it mean  ??  Show me some people who have been "healed" by unicorns and purple crystals and Enya music of some actual diagnosed organic illness !!
No, I think that for the Noory types, it means something approximating "feeling better after an indiscreet weekend" or "reconciling with your poodle after you spoke angrily to it" or something ~~

Healing is ascending to a higher level of consciousness, being awake and aware to the positive sculptures of energy formations swirling around you like beads of golden sunshine. Purchase my album, "Golden Shower Ascension" for $99.99 or â,¬79.99 and swim with me through the threshold of your mind into the inner sanctum where your highest consciousness resides. Follow me as we both drop trou and allow our swirling healing golden liquid to meet one another in a beautifully crafted double helix ascension into pure nirvana. Open wide your lips and relax your inhibitions while my liquid gold gushes upon your supple gums. Guest starring David Wilcock.

Ben Shockley

Quote from: Grimace on July 04, 2012, 09:39:21 PM
...Purchase my album, "Golden Shower Ascension" for $99.99 or â,¬79.99 and swim with me... drop trou ... Open wide your lips and relax your inhibitions... Guest starring David Wilcock.
I thought you were just being nasty and pervy, Grimace, until I got to the end, saw David Wilcock's name, and realized that you were undoubtedly describing a real product.