• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art, Design, Photography

Started by coaster, June 23, 2012, 08:07:07 PM

NXOEED

What I do with them after I paint them. I hide them and leave these behind as clues.

NXOEED

Here's some more of that black and white poster work. I don't believe in editing software, so I pretty much just draw and letter the whole thing in my sketchbook and then take it to the copy machine. It bugs me when  things are digitized. I'd rather just photograph them in the wild.

NXOEED

and more. the last one is the pass i use to get into shows (doesn't always work).

NXOEED

and of course, these stickers, which nearly got me beheaded at the UFO convention.

aldousburbank

Three pics of animals photographed at the Burbank compound in the last 24 hrs. A fox puppy, a white and grey hawk, a turkey.

Quote from: aldousburbank on June 16, 2016, 04:38:52 PM
Three pics of animals photographed at the Burbank compound in the last 24 hrs. A fox puppy, a white and grey hawk, a turkey.

these aren't as dramatic as your images, but i can say the following images were taken during the only safe time to approach this animal...

aldousburbank

One of my favorite photos from the past year.
NYC

analog kid

Quote from: NXOEED on June 07, 2016, 10:37:22 AM
Here's some more of that black and white poster work. I don't believe in editing software, so I pretty much just draw and letter the whole thing in my sketchbook and then take it to the copy machine. It bugs me when  things are digitized. I'd rather just photograph them in the wild.

Holy crap. Awesome work. I'd steal those, frame them and put them on my wall.

NXOEED

Quote from: analog kid on June 21, 2016, 09:28:13 PM
Holy crap. Awesome work. I'd steal those, frame them and put them on my wall.

ah thank you kindly.

aldousburbank

A nearby fire has been smoking us out in the mornings for about a week now. Local dude made some beautiful photos.

http://m.kcra.com/news/stunning-photos-show-different-side-of-foresthill-wildfire/40377262

aldousburbank

A couple of recent acquisitions, a fine pipe for my smoking, and a smiley pendant from the Huichol tribe of Mexico.

Quote from: NXOEED on June 06, 2016, 09:10:38 AM
A poster I drew up for a show we're doing in a couple of weeks. The bulk of my business comes from drawing these things up for bands, shops, whatever, so that they don't have to have posters or ads that look like they were made in editing software. They go straight from the sketchbook to the copy machine.

These are great!!

Mr. Fidget

I'm encouraged by having a bid, and a few watchers on my first eBay art auction. http://r.ebay.com/x3e6HR it's just $75 so far, but at least I know it will sell, and there is some interest in my work.
   I got into cutting mat board by accident when I wanted to make a sign for my fidgets. I tried a practice carving on a piece of mat board to see if it would work to make the sign. The practice board was twice the size of the sign board, so I folded it over and stored the sign inside once it was done.
   Everyday I would go to the beach to set up my fidget stand, put out the sign, and then just throw the practice board on the ground. People kept asking me about the practice board. "What's that thing on the ground?" they would say. After hearing this many times, I realized that I had a medium there that people responded to.
   I used to say a lot to explain my fidgets, for consistent... yet sparse results. I found and collected a bunch of mat board scraps from frame stores recycling. I carved all kinds of images over the past 10 years, with a simple pricing methodology. When people asked "how much?", I'd say "I don't know, what sounds good to you?". Without exception people offered more than what I'd get for my fidgets, with far less labor explaining on my part.

That's how I became a mat-cut artist, and this picture is of the piece up for auction. I titled it "Sunny River".

Mr. Fidget

Quote from: GravitySucks on January 27, 2017, 01:51:40 PM
Good luck Mr. Fidget.

Thanks GS, I really think I've finally made it through the storm, and I don't know that I'd have made it without your help. I look forward to being able to send you some art as cool, or cooler... than "Sunny River". One foot in front of the other... I'll get it together. I have not forgotten your miraculous assistance. :)

maureen

Quote from: Mr. Fidget on January 27, 2017, 02:14:17 PM
Thanks GS, I really think I've finally made it through the storm, and I don't know that I'd have made it without your help. I look forward to being able to send you some art as cool, or cooler... than "Sunny River". One foot in front of the other... I'll get it together. I have not forgotten your miraculous assistance. :)
I'm delighted that things are going so well for you!  You deserve it.  Cheers!

Mr. Fidget

Quote from: maureen on January 27, 2017, 02:42:00 PM
I'm delighted that things are going so well for you!  You deserve it.  Cheers!

Thanks Maureen! It's been the kindly folks, such as yourself, that have helped me along the way... I'm not sure I'd have made it through the bleak spots without encouragement. :)

ps. We had a bunch of snow in Oregon over the last few weeks, and it did not bother our performing turtles one bit.

maureen

Quote from: Mr. Fidget on January 27, 2017, 03:32:25 PM
   Thanks Maureen! It's been the kindly folks, such as yourself, that have helped me along the way... I'm not sure I'd have made it through the bleak spots without encouragement. :)

ps. We had a bunch of snow in Oregon over the last few weeks, and it did not bother our performing turtles one bit.
The cold makes them better musicians.  That's why Canada has so many... they spend the long cold winters playing.

All gardens need a bit of whimsy.  Very nice!

NXOEED

a painting I was working on a little while back, and my painting area outside the studio I built. My easel is a piano I found in the street.

NXOEED

Some new stickers I drew/printed for our collective.

Some recent paintings.

Some prints of old drawings I made.

A witch I built outside my studio to keep fools away.

Ciardelo

I have a lot of appreciation for artists. I can't draw to save my life :)

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: NXOEED on February 01, 2017, 12:39:49 AM

a painting I was working on a little while back, and my painting area outside the studio I built. My easel is a piano I found in the street.

Nice setup and very interesting work too!  :)

maureen

Quote from: NXOEED on February 01, 2017, 12:39:49 AM

A warm sense of fluidity in surrealism... and a real Dada use of the piano!  Good work!

NXOEED