• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Game of Thrones

Started by bluth co., May 13, 2012, 01:30:32 PM

Mastodonkey

Great episode tonight. This season has been somewhat of a bore. They've made it up for it with episodes 8 and 9, excited for the finale.

Excellent appetizer each week for my favorite sunday show Penny Dreadful. Completely different shows but they go well together back to back.

eddie dean

For the Watch?!?!

Damn you Game of Thrones >:(

I need to go find something to drink.  Crap!

Jackstar

I haven't watched this yet, but this looks horrifyingpromising.

Quote from: Treading Water on June 14, 2015, 08:19:32 PM
I need to go find something to drink.  Crap!

Here, I think you may need this.

Whatever it is, I'm not watching until tomorrow and I'm afeered as I'm still fragile over Walter White and Mike.  :'(

eddie dean

I won't give it away.
It was a good episode as far as season finales go.
But I'll reiterate:

Enjoy the show ! ;) 8)

eddie dean

Quote from: Unscreened Caller on June 14, 2015, 08:25:05 PM
Here, I think you may need this.

Whatever it is, I'm not watching until tomorrow and I'm afeered as I'm still fragile over Walter White and Mike.  :'(

Make that two UC.  haha!
I'm still not over the Drew Sharp thing on BB. ;D

Jackstar

They're gonna have to bring back Sylar next season to avenge all these deaths.

jazmunda

Quote from: b_dubb on June 14, 2015, 11:19:12 PM
Fuck this show

Last Episode Spoilers

I knew that's what you'd say.

This was the last scene in the last book. When I read it I was holding out some hope that he wouldn't really be dead but actually seeing that scene play out I think that's pretty final. That is unless the fire witch has some potion that can cure 10 stab wounds.

Were all Starks born under a ladder whilst breaking a mirror and then having a black cat cross their path on Friday the 13th?

eddie dean

Quote from: jazmunda on June 15, 2015, 07:45:29 AM
Last Episode Spoilers

I knew that's what you'd say.

This was the last scene in the last book. When I read it I was holding out some hope that he wouldn't really be dead but actually seeing that scene play out I think that's pretty final. That is unless the fire witch has some potion that can cure 10 stab wounds.

Were all Starks born under a ladder whilst breaking a mirror and then having a black cat cross their path on Friday the 13th?

SPOILER*****

What other show kills off it's main characters so often. characters that the audience roots for, has an appreciation and sympathy for.
geez I'm starting to think Martin hates the starks and wants them all dead!

jazmunda

Spoilers ********** Do we really need to say this. Don't read this thread if you're not up to date. :P

I always thought Jon Snow and Daenerys would hook up and rule the realm together. I don't know why.

And where the fuck is Bran?

He has to be important to the storyline.

eddie dean

Quote from: jazmunda on June 15, 2015, 08:04:13 AM
Spoilers ********** Do we really need to say this. Don't read this thread if you're not up to date. :P

I always thought Jon Snow and Daenerys would hook up and rule the realm together. I don't know why.

And where the fuck is Bran?

He has to be important to the storyline.

Bran must have been killed off page/off screen. They decided to spare the audience another gut shot and they cut bran's beheading out of the episode.
Martin's murderous rampage must end!

b_dubb

Bran and his little brother. I have no idea what's going on with either.

Malisandre is always going on about power in kings blood. Maybe she can bring back Jon Snow like that fuck the Hound split in half?  Probably not.

When GRRM has a bad day he kills a Stark. Apparently someone at Starbucks fucked up his pumpkin spice latte.

And just where the HELL was Ghost???  What's the use of having a direwolf if....ah, never mind.
Maybe Jon will warg into him and trot around thinking morose, frowny, man/wolf thoughts.

https://www.yahoo.com/tv/game-of-thrones-10-burning-questions-answered-121600679245.html

what the hell! Seems all bad befall those that seem to have redeeming qualities  and the turds keep returning unscathed  or at worst needing a bath.

9 months till next season, Hope it moves better than this one.Oh well, Falling Skies opens a new season  on the 28th. Then I guess a new Doctor Who  season~~~

SredniVashtar

I haven't seen this season (I drifted off about the middle of the last one) but in the books Eddard's wife gets reanimated and comes back as a vengeful semi-zombie. The last we saw of her she was stringing up Brienne of Tarth for being involved with Jamie Lannister. Have they done that yet? It seems that they are picking and choosing what they take from the books from now on.

zeebo

Quote from: SredniVashtar on June 16, 2015, 10:52:01 AM
...The last we saw of her she was .....

Oh jeez, spoiler alert.  Well serves me right for peeking into this blasted thread.  See it reflects my inner battle, my love/hate relationship with this series.  I'm frustrated with it, but still want to know what happens.  In any case, this news-to-me plot development really is darkly comical, I mean I'm actually giggling at how visciously funny it is, knowing the character history. 

It reminds me of some other black humor moments in the books, for instance the kid who wants to say "I Yield" all the time - don't know if that made the tv series.  Anyway, dammit, now I want to pick up that friggin book four again. 

SredniVashtar

Quote from: zeebo on June 16, 2015, 07:14:52 PM
Oh jeez, spoiler alert.  Well serves me right for peeking into this blasted thread.

Oops! Sorry about that. :-[

I dunno. The character looks dead, but then again Melisandre rode into town, so is the character REALLY dead, or is he mostly dead? There's a big difference between mostly dead and all dead. Mostly dead is slightly alive. With all dead, well, with all dead there's usually only one thing you can do.

Personally, I'm hoping Miracle Max makes an unexpected appearance to settle this once and for all.  ;)

zeebo

Quote from: SredniVashtar on June 17, 2015, 09:55:37 AM
Oops! Sorry about that. :-[

Nah, it's my fault for peeking.  Something about this damn series.  I wanna know but I don't wanna know - see, I'm confused.

Lord Grantham

We don't have proof Stannis is dead yet.

R-right guys?

zeebo

Ok so I watched the first six episodes and I'm impressed with the generally excellent casting and nice production.  Certain characters and places are very close to what I imagined. 

It's weird though to see so much information condensed to make the plot comprehensible for tv.  Given how sprawling the novels are, it's probably a good thing, but I'm finding I'm actually missing alot of those details which sometimes drove me batty in the books. 

Perhaps I'll just jump ahead to seasons 4-5 to find out basically what happens from where I stopped reading (even though the two later books get lukewarm reviews). 

Lord Grantham

If you liked A Storm of Swords you'd probably like A Feast for Crows. The Iron Islands stuff is well worth the price of admission. I can't vouch for A Dance With Dragons as I'm only 100 pages deep.

zeebo

Quote from: Lord Grantham on June 30, 2015, 05:25:13 PM
If you liked A Storm of Swords you'd probably like A Feast for Crows. The Iron Islands stuff is well worth the price of admission. ...

I'm tempted but wtf I heard Arya only gets two chapters and Tyrion spends most of the book floating down a river playing chess.  Although I am intrigued by the Iron Islands scene particularly if Theon's sister shows up again.

onan

Quote from: Unscreened Caller on June 17, 2015, 02:23:52 PM
I dunno. The character looks dead, but then again Melisandre rode into town, so is the character REALLY dead, or is he mostly dead? There's a big difference between mostly dead and all dead. Mostly dead is slightly alive. With all dead, well, with all dead there's usually only one thing you can do.

Personally, I'm hoping Miracle Max makes an unexpected appearance to settle this once and for all.  ;)

According to my wife, the guy who plays Snow stated he wouldn't be back next season.

I watched the show only as I passed through the room as my wife watched. But the only character I liked was Jon Snow. Killing him off was a real bad choice. If I were a fan, that event would have cost them my viewership.

Quote from: onan on June 30, 2015, 09:37:54 PM
According to my wife, the guy who plays Snow stated he wouldn't be back next season.

I watched the show only as I passed through the room as my wife watched. But the only character I liked was Jon Snow. Killing him off was a real bad choice. If I were a fan, that event would have cost them my viewership.

*****POTENTIAL SPOILERS AND SPECULATION *****

Not a member of the GoT fandom, but there's a compelling theory making the rounds that the character of Jon Snow is dead, but resurrected into the prophetic figure Azor Ahai by Melisandre who's all about the king's blood and who just blew into town conveniently. "They", the "they" of the internet, say that there is a movie in which both of these actors just so happen to be appearing in together which just so happens to be filming at the same time as season 6, which "they" think is a smokescreen for filming the return of Jon Snow, resurrected. I kind of think this may be true as the series is wrapping after the next two seasons, they have to tie up loose ends and John Snow is most likely the ice to Daenerys's fire, plus it makes the statement "Jon Snow is dead and not coming back" true.

b_dubb

As long as when he comes back he lays waste to the "Brothers" of the Nights Watch who killed him. There always was that bit about Jon Snow's mum when Dead Ned rode off to King's Landing.

This show really really really needs to be parodied. Is Mel Brooks busy?