• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Did george noory do an april fools this year/ lets compile all april fools c2c

Started by tweet75, April 08, 2012, 08:45:18 PM

tweet75

I missed the show on april 1 this year did george do an april fools prank.

Also list all the George april fools prank you can remember in the past.

Morgus

Quote from: tweet75 on April 08, 2012, 08:45:18 PM
I missed the show on april 1 this year did george do an april fools prank.
Noory didn't host on April 1st since it was a Saturday.
But Noory did have a fake story report the night before on his Friday show about a centuries old pirate ship still sailing the oceans.
John B. Wells hosted the Sat April 1st show and had a 3 hour long April Fools with guest John Lear.

preston

Quote from: Morgus on April 08, 2012, 11:48:28 PM
But Noory did have a fake story report the night before on his Friday show about a centuries old pirate ship still sailing the oceans.
John B. Wells hosted the Sat April 1st show and had a 3 hour long April Fools with guest John Lear.
I didn't listen to that whole program but I did here him mention that ship before I changed to another program.I thought he was being an idiot and mixed that story with the Japanese freighter
that was found drifting.

Marc.Knight

Quote from: Morgus on April 08, 2012, 11:48:28 PM

GN is under the lifelong mistaken assumption that everyday is April Fools and that April 1st is a day of rest for hard working fools.

Digitech

He played a prank on Linda Molten Howe last year, I think. He told her they weren't going to have her on the show anymore or something. It was mentioned a few times on this forum.

texaskdog

Quote from: Digitech on April 09, 2012, 09:45:54 AM
He played a prank on Linda Molten Howe last year, I think. He told her they weren't going to have her on the show anymore or something. It was mentioned a few times on this forum.

Cruel joke ON US!

Sardondi

He did that last year on AF's Day, and it really caught LMH off guard. IIRC he did at the beginning of her segment, so you could probably find it pretty easily. You can hear she's surprised and even a little hurt and taken off guard. It's mean-spirited on George's part, and makes me feel uncomfortable listening to it.

This goes back to the cruel streak many Gabbers have seen/heard in George. They note his obsession with the stories about tortured/maimed/kidnapped children. It's awful creepy to realize how often GM does mention that, or asks guests to talk about it, etc. Very weird to think about what it might mean.

*edit* It's on 3/31/11 (which turns into 4/1 later in the show), I think it's the last segment, but it's just after "8 Milers High", at 3:45 where George tells her ethere have been cutbacks, and that night is her last show. Dead air, followed by LMH screeching, "Are you serious?!"

texaskdog

Quote from: Sardondi on April 09, 2012, 11:36:46 AM
He did that last year on AF's Day, and it really caught LMH off guard. IIRC he did at the beginning of her segment, so you could probably find it pretty easily. You can hear she's surprised and even a little hurt and taken off guard. It's mean-spirited on George's part, and makes me feel uncomfortable listening to it.

This goes back to the cruel streak many Gabbers have seen/heard in George. They note his obsession with the stories about tortured/maimed/kidnapped children. It's awful creepy to realize how often GM does mention that, or asks guests to talk about it, etc. Very weird to think about what it might mean.

It's far more cruel to us to make us listen to her every month (or in my case, just realize I have no show to listen to that day)

Quote from: tweet75 on April 08, 2012, 08:45:18 PM
Also list all the George april fools prank you can remember in the past.

Several years ago he pretended someone had gone to Africa to look for modern day dinosaurs and he had them call in from location to report they had found one. 

A year or two after that, he came on and said the format had changed and fro them on Coast would now be a cooking show.  He should have stuck with that - he could have the same chef guests come on and give us the same recipes.  If he didn't think he'd like the dish, he could dump the guest and call up The World's Greatest Cook, Lionel Fanthorpe, and have him give out his lemon bar recipe again.

astroguy

There was the year he had the "robot" that was answering calls for the last half of the first hour.  Then there was the T-Rex found in Africa.  And then there was Toast to Toast (he mentioned that Lex had quit in protest).  One of my absolute most favorite calls ever to the show was a very distraught old woman during the second half of the first hour of Toast to Toast where she ranted about it and then went, "Is Obama making you do this?!"  Idiots ...