• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Windows 8 Sucks

Started by Marc.Knight, March 05, 2012, 04:04:20 PM

punkinpie

I wouldn't expect anything else from Microsoft.   :-\

Are there a lot of changes? 

Frys Girl

Microsoft is so funny. At a local mall here, they opened up a WINDOWS STORE to rival the Apple Store. I will say it's nice, but it's a total rip-off of apple's style. THe only difference is the machines are black, not white.

Usagi

Quote from: Frys Girl on March 05, 2012, 05:07:42 PM
Microsoft is so funny. At a local mall here, they opened up a WINDOWS STORE to rival the Apple Store. I will say it's nice, but it's a total rip-off of apple's style. THe only difference is the machines are black, not white.

No joke!  I live next to an "upscale outdoor mall" that's had an Apple Store for awhile.  The Windows Store opened right across from it and it literally shocks me every time I walk by it how much of a rip-off of the Apple style the Windows Stores is.  It's seriously an almost "is that even legal?" type of rip off.  Almost the same exterior treatments and everything.  I like to imagine the employees having shoot outs at night.

I hate them both.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: High Strangeness on March 05, 2012, 05:21:00 PM

...win 8 is slow, cumbersome, and disappointing.

wow.  is that really what people are saying?  i haven't looked into it at all yet.

Marc.Knight

Quote from: Michael Vandeven on March 05, 2012, 05:38:25 PM

wow.  is that really what people are saying?  i haven't looked into it at all yet.

Well, before I read anything online, I determined it was a fucking disaster.  If they keep it as it is and force it on the market get ready for a great shift to Apple products.  Jesus.

McPhallus

The difference between the two....

Apple stores have stuff people don't really need but want; Microsoft stores have stuff no one wants but needs.

Quote from: Usagi on March 05, 2012, 05:20:07 PM

No joke!  I live next to an "upscale outdoor mall" that's had an Apple Store for awhile.  The Windows Store opened right across from it and it literally shocks me every time I walk by it how much of a rip-off of the Apple style the Windows Stores is.  It's seriously an almost "is that even legal?" type of rip off.  Almost the same exterior treatments and everything.  I like to imagine the employees having shoot outs at night.

I hate them both.

analog kid

I look forward to the demise of Microsoft, but I don't think Apple is the answer.

Frys Girl

Quote from: Usagi on March 05, 2012, 05:20:07 PM

I hate them both.
Oh gosh. It's really on, I guess. I can't say I'm surprised.

b_dubb

There's a reason why you can get Safari browser for a Windows box but not Linux. same for Quicktime. Linux is the only real threat to Apple as far as comPuter OS goes. Also the Linux market share is even smaller than Mac. That probably also compounds things

Ruteger

I installed the Consumer Preview for a few days, just to see what it was all about Not impressed. I will NOT tolerate the Metro UI.
Back to Windows 7 for me.

McPhallus

Anyone else totally NOT looking forward to the shitty Windows 8 tablets?

Quote from: Ruteger on March 10, 2012, 11:54:27 PM
I installed the Consumer Preview for a few days, just to see what it was all about Not impressed. I will NOT tolerate the Metro UI.
Back to Windows 7 for me.

b_dubb

windows 8 is kind of infuriating.  it has two desktops.  one with a shitload of boxy icon shortcuts. and another that looks exactly like every other windows os you've had.  and no obvious way to move between the two. 

microsoft - we're out of ideas (not that we ever really had any)

ksm32

On the Fuzzy Logic show Bart Kosko said "although I don't know that Id trust a windows platform with my eternal soul".. Art laughed his ass off. ;D

Maybe Microsoft can learn from Electronic Arts and not release something that's already widely hated.  [spoiler]Mass Effect 3[/spoiler]

It's like every other Windows OS is good and the other one sucks.

Windows 95: Good
Windows 98: Suck
Windows 2000: Good
Windows ME: Suck
Windows XP: Good
Windows Vista: Suck
Windows 7: Good
Windows 8: Suck

I don't like this trend of making desktops look like tablets or phones.  Apple is toying with the idea with Lion and the Google Chrome OS (in spite of me being a Google fanboy) is also evidence of this.

McPhallus

Windows 3.0: Shit
Windows 3.1: Meh
Windows 3.11: Good

Windows ME was the most godawful pile of shit MS has ever released.  I remember booting it up, letting it sit a day or two without loading ANY applications, and getting that stupid "out of resources" error message whenever I tried to do anything.

Quote from: NefariousBanana on March 29, 2012, 10:25:01 AM
Maybe Microsoft can learn from Electronic Arts and not release something that's already widely hated.  [spoiler]Mass Effect 3[/spoiler]

I don't like this trend of making desktops look like tablets or phones.  Apple is toying with the idea with Lion and the Google Chrome OS (in spite of me being a Google fanboy) is also evidence of this.

slipstream

Quote from: NefariousBanana on March 29, 2012, 10:25:01 AM

Windows 98 SE: Good (They got it right the 2nd time)

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: slipstream on April 08, 2012, 04:02:50 AM

Windows 98 SE: Good (They got it right the 2nd time)

Until I used Windows 2000, I had never used a version of windows that felt like anything other than a steaming pile of shit to me.

blackshap9

Quote from: Michael Vandeven on April 08, 2012, 12:31:53 PM
Until I used Windows 2000, I had never used a version of windows that felt like anything other than a steaming pile of shit to me.
Too funny lol  8)

slipstream

Quote from: Michael Vandeven on April 08, 2012, 12:31:53 PM
I tend to agree with you, but SE was a lot better than the original.  If I judge all Microsoft operating systems with the experience I have today, the only one I really happy with in Win7. I did like Windows 2000, but I can't stand WinXP anymore.

I'm not looking forward to Win8, and I plan on buying a couple more copies of 7(hopefully at a discount) shortly before Win8 is released. 

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: slipstream on April 08, 2012, 06:58:48 PM
I'm not looking forward to Win8, and I plan on buying a couple more copies of 7(hopefully at a discount) shortly before Win8 is released.

Win8 generates exactly ZERO excitement with me.  i think it's also going to be a complete failure on tablets.  you watch.  nobody will want a tablet running legacy windows.  why?  because it will get horrible battery life.  it will be far more vulnerable to malware than any other mobile platform.  it will require greater resources to run.  you won't have access to the iOS or android apps you hear your friends talking about. 

a tablet should NOT run desktop windows, and consumers have NEVER shown a desire to buy a tablet running it.  for whatever reason, MS just can't be made to understand that.  they're going to humiliate themselves... again... just as they did ten years ago with their first attempts at "tablets."

what a piece of shit:

Microsoft Tablet PC Video

MV/Liberace!

i don't know how it is for you guys, but if i google "windows 8 sucks," this thread is at the bottom of page one.  is it like that for you?

Marc.Knight

Quote from: Michael Vandeven on April 08, 2012, 09:30:41 PM
i don't know how it is for you guys, but if i google "windows 8 sucks," this thread is at the bottom of page one.  is it like that for you?

Same for me.  Onward and upward...

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: M. Knight on April 08, 2012, 09:33:07 PM

Same for me.  Onward and upward...

that's so awesome.  let the ad revenues roll.

Quote from: Michael Vandeven on April 08, 2012, 10:13:57 PM
that's so awesome.  let the ad revenues roll.
This is the ad I saw right below your post.  Somehow I do not think it will be generating a lot of revenue...
[attachimg=1]

ziznak

Quote from: Michael Vandeven on April 08, 2012, 09:26:21 PM

Win8 generates exactly ZERO excitement with me.  i think it's also going to be a complete failure on tablets.  you watch.  nobody will want a tablet running legacy windows.  why?  because it will get horrible battery life.  it will be far more vulnerable to malware than any other mobile platform.  it will require greater resources to run.  you won't have access to the iOS or android apps you hear your friends talking about. 
a tablet should NOT run desktop windows, and consumers have NEVER shown a desire to buy a tablet running it.  for whatever reason, MS just can't be made to understand that.  they're going to humiliate themselves... again... just as they did ten years ago with their first attempts at "tablets."
what a piece of shit:

Microsoft Tablet PC Video
I'm sorry but that video really made me laugh... I totally forgot about that tablet pc attempt with xp.  I've got a usb installer with 7 on it and thats all I've been using lately with my people.  I like 7 a lot... all that microsoft is doing with 8 is screwing themselves.  Nothing will beat an android imo.

McPhallus

I remember when those came out and thinking they were just shitty, overpriced notebooks with bad specs (at the time) and crappy tough screens. 

The pocket PCs were neat when they came out, but MS saw fit to keep the same shitty UI for a decade, allowing Apple to zip by them like they weren't even there.

Morgus

its best to skip every other microsoft windows major version.
history:
windows 95 was good
windows 98 not so good
windows 98se was good
windows me sucked
windows xp was good
windows vista really sucked
windows 7 is good
so predictably windows 8 will suck (its really for tablet computers anyway, not regular desktop PCs)
recommend: wait for windows 9