• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Howard Stern hosting Coast to Coast AM......

Started by Hesitant Evil, March 01, 2012, 10:23:14 AM

Hesitant Evil

Discuss. It'll never happen in a million years, but I would love to see regular guests from Coast being interviewed by Stern. He would make a joke out of everything that comes out of their mouth, but George Noory's responses seem to do about the same thing, except he doesn't make me laugh...... If we can't have somebody like Art that takes the show seriously, I at least want somebody who is more entertaining......

Eddie Coyle

Howard Stern hasn't been entertaining in 10 years, and hasn't been relevant in 5 years. Greedy and lazy.

punkinpie

He shows up two days a week and talks about America's Got Talent for four hours.  He's so pussywhipped by his wife that he can't say anything remotely interesting anymore.  George is a million times better than HS.

VtaGeezer

Stern's success was built on Playboy rattlers who can't seem to get over the existence of genitals.  Take away the coarse shtick and you have Ian Punnett with 70's hair.  I can hear the radios clicking off all over America.

Sardondi

There may be some overlap in Stern/C2C listeners, but I'd be surprised if it's much. Putting Stern in would kill the show dead.

coaster

I agree, he isnt even relevant anymore. Stern belongs in the 90's.

analog kid

The last thing I'd want with this type of show would be toilet humor.

I still say Dan Aykroyd should be drafted. He could fill Art's shoes and has a genuine interest in the subject matter.

b_dubb

i don't see this working out well for anyone.  wouldn't it just become the howard stern show?  and then where would be? ok ... better off than with noory but ...

11angeleyes11

Who needs Stern, I don't.  George, hosting Coast, is just such a shock jock!  Incredible~

Hesitant Evil

Quote from: analog kid on March 01, 2012, 06:29:12 PM
The last thing I'd want with this type of show would be toilet humor.

I still say Dan Aykroyd should be drafted. He could fill Art's shoes and has a genuine interest in the subject matter.

Dan Akroyd as the host for Coast to Coast would be a dream for me...... Ghostbusters was my favorite movie growing up and really sparked my interest in the paranormal. He would be entertaining, informed, and genuinely interested in everything that the guests have to say.

And on the subject of Stern, is he really that bad these days? I started listening in 2001 and he seems about as funny as he ever was. The only thing that he has lost over the years are some of the funny people around him. Granted he is a pissy old man these days, but he still gets me laughing.

Lovely Bones

Quote from: analog kid on March 01, 2012, 06:29:12 PM

IMO, no one could really "fill Art's shoes," but then that's because Art is Art, a unique and wonderful human being in his own right, who filled a unique and wonderful time in radio history.   

That said, I would totally get behind a "Draft Aykroyd" movement.  Where do I sign up? 

No one could replace Art Bell, shouldn't try.  But someone intelligent with an interest in the paranormal, willing to do a little investigative work, someone that can listen to a guest, ask follow up questions, and keep the show moving just should not be that hard to find.  Just look for someone that is the complete opposite of George Noory in every way.

Creepy annoying Ian Punnett is stuck in the 8th grade and can't get out of his own way.  George Knapp refuses to have credible guests that don't insult our intelligence and is apparently only able to speak in dull monotone.  I just don't understand how these 3 made it to a nationally syndicated radio show, let alone keep the job.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: b_dubb on March 02, 2012, 07:27:07 PM
+1 for Dan Akroyd

You do realize this could prevent us from getting "Spies Like Us 2"...

Hesitant Evil

I only care about Ghostbusters 3, but I don't know if Bill Murray will ever let it happen......

b_dubb

Quote from: BobGrau on March 01, 2012, 12:02:48 PM
Doug Stanhope

interesting idea.  i don't know if Doug would be a good interviewer.  he's an entertaining comedian.  but i don't know how'd he'd perform as an interviewer or host.

Scully

Quote from: Paper*Boy on March 02, 2012, 01:52:39 PM
... annoying Ian Punnett is stuck in the 8th grade and can't get out of his own way.  ...
Best description of Ian I've seen yet.  8)

P.S. Dan Akroyd replacing Noory would be brilliant!

Quote from: Scully on March 03, 2012, 02:54:06 PM
Best description of Ian I've seen yet.  8)

P.S. Dan Akroyd replacing Noory would be brilliant!

Dan Akyord would be good. He was on with Art before and he would bring a lot of gravitas to the show.. along with entertainment and good music.

I tend to think Howard Stern would not be good.

Maybe Richard Dawkins hosting for one night would be good, too
Or Michio Kaku

Eddie Coyle

Ian Punnett and George Noory, nobodies from mid-markets.

When Noory gets the gate, he'll be replaced by a nobody from a mid-market or less.

A guy most people haven't considered (that I have noticed) would be Clayton Morris. He hosts Fox's weekend morning show. He's extremely interested in all things paranormal, very intelligent and is definitely not a typical right-wing ideologue.

Quote from: FightTheFuture on March 04, 2012, 12:06:55 AM
A guy most people haven't considered (that I have noticed) would be Clayton Morris. He hosts Fox's weekend morning show. He's extremely interested in all things paranormal, very intelligent and is definitely not a typical right-wing ideologue.

This is actually a great suggestion. I'd be 100% behind him taking over.

bmd88

There are days when I find Stern unbearably obnoxious but also at times hilariously entertaining (most of this is probably Robin, though.  Once she cackles uncontrollably, I loose it).  At this point, I'd welcome him to Coast.  If it's a black and white choice between Noory and Stern, I'll take Stern.  At least he'd keep me awake.  I'd like to see him interrupt Linda Moulton Howe during one of her droning diatribes with an interrogation about her bra size.

BobGrau

Quote from: b_dubb on March 03, 2012, 09:34:50 AM

interesting idea.  i don't know if Doug would be a good interviewer.  he's an entertaining comedian.  but i don't know how'd he'd perform as an interviewer or host.
I'm not really familiar with Stern, but my mind leaped to Stanhope for some reason (going to see him this month yay!). I suspect he'd be a terrible interviewer, but... imagine him on Open Lines...
caller: I'm worried I might be possessed, doug.
stanhope: you're not possessed - you're just a Horrible Person. Enjoy it for chrissakes...

I'm a Howard Stern fan, and even I can tell that this would be a bad idea.  I admit there is an overlap with the fanbases of C2CAM and Howard.  However, just because there's an overlap doesn't mean that these things should be combined.  Let Howard host a morning Sirius show and let Snoory host an overnight radio show.  I do think that Stanhope and Aykroyd would be good C2CAM hosts, though.  But let's be real, guys.  We all know John B. Smells is going to replace Noory.

Seamus Capone

Quote from: FightTheFuture on March 04, 2012, 12:06:55 AMA guy most people haven't considered (that I have noticed) would be Clayton Morris. He hosts Fox's weekend morning show. He's extremely interested in all things paranormal, very intelligent and is definitely not a typical right-wing ideologue.

He might be a great host. He hosted a podcast called "The Paranormal Report", but I never heard it. He's articulate and intelligent, and he's into science and technology too. As for his political views, he's likely an independent thinker who leans a bit to the right. He could be a libertarian, for all I know. I agree with the people who mentioned Aykroyd too. He knows his stuff because it's in his blood. His dad's an expert on the spiritualist movement and ghostly phenomena. The two Aykroyds make it less embarrassing to admit that you believe in some paranormal phenomena too. Dan hosted a cool TV "paradrama" that was based on real life. It was like a combination of "Mission Impossible" and "The X-Files". It *might* be available on DVD.

If Art isnt going to do it, Id like to see him mentor a Joe Rogan/Dan Aykroyd daily radio show. Check out the Joe Rogan Experience with guests like Terrence McKenna or comedian Duncan Trussell.. Joe can definitely do a good interview and he legitimately is interested throughout, and he is a huge Art Bell fan as well.

venkman71

.........."Anything else Robin?"

"Cattle mutilations are up 20% from last year,..."

(Fred plays cow mooing sound effect)

"You think there's anything to that cockamaimie stuff? I mean c'mon? ALIENS come down and take COWS? Why not take PEOPLE!? Am I right Fred?"

(Fred mumbles something in agreement, cues Mars Attacks music)

(Howard chuckles),..."I can just see Eric the midget,...in that wheelchair,..."

(Robin brays her laugh), "Floating up!?"

"Yeah,....like with cows going up around him like in the Wizard of Oz?"

(Fred does an Eric the Midget impression), "What's going on!? EEEEEEEhhhhhhh!?"

(Gary interrupts on the intercom),..."Hey Howard?"

"What is it, Baba Booey?"

"We have that Sal and Richard prank call you said you wanted to get to?"

"Yeah, what is it again?"

"They call Mitchiyo Kaku? Y'know? With the Gay pizza thing?"

"Heh,....COCK-oo"

Wash, rinse, repeat.

My first post! Cool board!