• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

Robert

Quote from: Paper*Boy on August 21, 2016, 08:47:49 AMAnd yet Art, and Noory after him, would generally begin by stating how accurate he is.
You mean misstating how accurate he is.

But that's usually how it is w soothsayers.  Because people seem to have a need for them, certain individuals set themselves up as seers, and of them, some of them get known for being known for being such.  And they tend to keep that reputation in defiance of the evidence for a long time.

I've had some fantastic "hits" w bibliomancy.  I've done a little galdoring & seith via a psychic phone service and elsewhere for others, nothing spectacular to report there.

My friend David Lindelof did pretty well with pendulomancy using a Haitian loa symbol from a junkyard; its call of the 2000 presidential election was very interesting, when it kept picking "someone else", which we figured that, given the choices we allowed the pendulum to swing to, were the closest it could come.  It was trying to tell us "dead heat", which in effect it was.

Value Of Pi

Quote from: Veridian3 on August 09, 2016, 04:47:58 PM
I'm glad Art is getting better. I am however baffled as to why Heather had to go on the enemy's show and not even get a proper plug. She sold her soul and got humiliated as a result. Genius move by Noory.

Heather is sort of like a combination of Cowardly Lion and Scarecrow, no heart and no brain. There's not much there other than an empty shell or a non-entity -- as a radio host anyway (off the air, who knows?). So while I'd agree about "sold her soul and got humiliated" if this scenario involved a different radio host, in her case I see it as more of a non-event involving a piece of cardboard known as Heather Wade.

The incident is therefore pretty meaningless. For it to have meaning, Heather would need to have some kind of substance as a radio host/personality which she doesn't have. "Who cares?" is my feeling.

Value Of Pi

Quote from: twiki on August 09, 2016, 05:12:04 PM
Who would have thought that a year ago we would be in this sorry place. Fark.

Who would have thought? Rekcuf, I'm sure. He never really believed Daddy was coming back or would stay long if he did. Give our resident xenomorph all due credit for his lack of faith. Sometimes, that's a gift.

Value Of Pi

Quote from: TigerLily on August 11, 2016, 02:08:13 PM
I still miss Art. Hope that is still allowed here.

I remember shows that were interesting and entertaining because that is what they were.  Hoagie has an occasional good show but most of the interesting and entertaining comes from braaps, batshit craziness and unintentional hilarity. Not that there's anything wrong with that. Better than dull mediocrity

Yes, I'm sure Art is still allowed here. It's just a shame that he never took any responsibility for inflicting Heather on his audience and then incessantly defending her sad performance in his spot.

He might consider coming on here carrying a white flag (maybe incorporate it ito his avatar -- if some nice BGer could redo his avatar for him) just as a gesture of acknowledgement of all the MITD nonsense.

Good to see that you're posting again, Value Of Pie.

Art needs to stand trail (in the BellGab court of opinion) for his crimes against radio. The 'stalker' story; Heather taking the reins, was is akin to 'The Night of the Long Knives.' Followed by Heathers Brown Shirt loyalists purging and rounding up the remaining truth tellers. Despicable! No Justice! No Peace!

Quote from: bobo17 on August 21, 2016, 11:46:58 AM
GUYS
THIS IS YOUR LAST CHANCE
I HAVE PUT MY HEART AND SOAL INTO THIS ENDEVER TO BRING BACK ART TO RADIO
I HAVE RECIEVED NOTHING BUT RIDICULE AND MOCKINGNESS.
THIS CAN NOT CONTINUE.

IF YOU WANT ME TO PERSUE THIS ENDEVER, PLEASE POST A POSITIVE RESPONSE TO MY AFFORTTS, OTHERWISE YOU AND YOU ALONE WILL BE TO BE BLAMED

BOBO

Hi Art!  ;D

Quote from: Value Of Pi on August 21, 2016, 02:20:45 PM
Yes, I'm sure Art is still allowed here. It's just a shame that he never took any responsibility for inflicting Heather on his audience and then incessantly defending her sad performance in his spot.

He might consider coming on here carrying a white flag (maybe incorporate it ito his avatar -- if some nice BGer could redo his avatar for him) just as a gesture of acknowledgement of all the MITD nonsense.

As much as I like Art, I have to agree with you that he didn't really take responsibility for all the nonsense.  Then again, Art and the MITD "brain trust"; never really showed much honesty/transparency through the whole debacle.  :(

Lilith

Quote from: Value Of Pi on August 21, 2016, 02:20:45 PM

Yes, and nice compensation checks for all the Time Travelers, and others who invested themselves in the farce known as the Blitz in so many ways would help IMO.  I think he would feel better if he made good to all those good people.

Gruntled

Heard Art on SIT last night [9/20/16] and it was good.
He read mail from fans.
One guy said " you know how explorers came here on ships a long time ago and the rats came with them? Well Aliens are bringing rats on their ships,
and they're the Chupacabras".

This literally made me laugh so loud I was told to turn that shit off and go to sleep.
That is why the Art Bell show was epic

jazmunda

Quote from: Gruntled on August 21, 2016, 07:47:01 PM
Heard Art on SIT last night [9/20/16] and it was good.
He read mail from fans.
One guy said " you know how explorers came here on ships a long time ago and the rats came with them? Well Aliens are bringing rats on their ships,
and they're the Chupacabras".

This literally made me laugh so loud I was told to turn that shit off and go to sleep.
That is why the Art Bell show was epic

Zika could be an alien STD.

Disheartened

Quote from: bobo17 on August 21, 2016, 11:46:58 AM
GUYS
THIS IS YOUR LAST CHANCE
I HAVE PUT MY HEART AND SOAL INTO THIS ENDEVER TO BRING BACK ART TO RADIO
I HAVE RECIEVED NOTHING BUT RIDICULE AND MOCKINGNESS.
THIS CAN NOT CONTINUE.

IF YOU WANT ME TO PERSUE THIS ENDEVER, PLEASE POST A POSITIVE RESPONSE TO MY AFFORTTS, OTHERWISE YOU AND YOU ALONE WILL BE TO BE BLAMED

BOBO

You're an asshole. Positive enough?

Value Of Pi

Quote from: brig on August 21, 2016, 07:13:50 PM
Yes, and nice compensation checks for all the Time Travelers, and others who invested themselves in the farce known as the Blitz in so many ways would help IMO.  I think he would feel better if he made good to all those good people.

I'd like to think he would feel better (especially in the case of all the fans who worked so hard to facilitate his return) but that presupposes that he's capable of feeling enough responsibility (guilt, really) for the MITD fiasco to overcome his other emotions -- embarrassment, disappointment, wounded ego or whatever.

Coming on here, sitting tall in the saddle and owning up to things, like rekcuf said, would be a courageous thing for him to do. It would make everyone feel better, including Art. I hope that he's got it in him because there's no avoiding the fact that radio, and his radio fans by extension, have been and still are a huge part of his life.

GravitySucks

Quote from: Value Of Pi on August 21, 2016, 08:52:38 PM
I'd like to think he would feel better (especially in the case of all the fans who worked so hard to facilitate his return) but that presupposes that he's capable of feeling enough responsibility (guilt, really) for the MITD fiasco to overcome his other emotions -- embarrassment, disappointment, wounded ego or whatever.

Coming on here, sitting tall in the saddle and owning up to things, like rekcuf said, would be a courageous thing for him to do. It would make everyone feel better, including Art. I hope that he's got it in him because there's no avoiding the fact that radio, and his radio fans by extension, have been and still are a huge part of his life.

Go listen to his interview on the GabCast and STFU. It's over dude. Nothing more to say or to see.

Lilith

Quote from: Value Of Pi on August 21, 2016, 08:52:38 PM

My idea of "fair Compensation" to all those who supported him by blitz or by subscription, would be to provide archives free for everone from now on.  I don't think even Art will ever feel good about the whole thing, until that happens.  Charging subscription for MITD archives with Heather Wade is just wrong IMO.

Lilith

I have a friend who does a show once a week, has far less than 50 shows so far, just an experimental start up, and earns about 50 bucks a month just from page views.  Add a donation button to that same page, and forget about the subscriptions.  I really think thats where online podcasts are cutting off their noses to spite their faces... subscriptions.  10 years later, with a huge fan base of millions, maybe consider subscriptions then.  Just my 2cents.  I could be wrong.

Even Clyde still provides archives for free.

Value Of Pi

Quote from: rekcuf on August 21, 2016, 04:06:19 PM
Good to see that you're posting again, Value Of Pie.

Art needs to stand trail (in the BellGab court of opinion) for his crimes against radio. The 'stalker' story; Heather taking the reins, was is akin to 'The Night of the Long Knives.' Followed by Heathers Brown Shirt loyalists purging and rounding up the remaining truth tellers. Despicable! No Justice! No Peace!

Why is it that when you said "BellGab court of opinion" I thought of the scene below from Star Trek VI? Maybe because tlhIngan maH! (We are Klingons!)

Value Of Pi

Quote from: brig on August 21, 2016, 08:56:29 PM
My idea of "fair Compensation" to all those who supported him by blitz or by subscription, would be to provide archives free for everone from now on.  I don't think even Art will ever feel good about the whole thing, until that happens.  Charging subscription for MITD archives with Heather Wade is just wrong IMO.

That's logical I suppose, but would you really want a free archive of mainly Heather's shows? Better if he gave a free archive of his old classic shows. Unfortunately, he doesn't own them.

I say, exclusive barbeque at the Bell residence in Pahrump. Complete with UFO flyby!

Lilith

Quote from: Value Of Pi on August 21, 2016, 09:25:11 PM
That's logical I suppose, but would you really want a free archive of mainly Heather's shows? Better if he gave a free archive of his old classic shows. Unfortunately, he doesn't own them.

I say, exclusive barbeque at the Bell residence in Pahrump. Complete with UFO flyby!

Well, Heather comes on at midnight my time, so, if I could wake up in the morning, click on the free archive, and come to this bellgab thread and post my commentary and reply to the posts of my fellow bellgabbers who posted live, with my morning coffee, I would enjoy that. to be honest.  Would I want to save any of Heathers shows?  No, but I do enjoy saving the odd clip or two of the most awkward moments.

If I have to settle for a bbq at the Parumph residence, I would hope for live Karaoke, and a Bell Drone video of the event since I would be unable to attend.

Quote from: Value Of Pi on August 21, 2016, 09:09:41 PM
Why is it that when you said "BellGab court of opinion" I thought of the scene below from Star Trek VI? Maybe because tlhIngan maH! (We are Klingons!)

Praise Worf and Quark. Romulans are okay...

norland2424

Quote from: rekcuf on August 21, 2016, 09:34:20 PM
Praise Worf and Quark. Romulans are okay...

Quark was a pervert like you....

Quote from: norland2424 on August 21, 2016, 09:35:00 PM
Quark was a pervert like you....

I have a weakness for dabo girls with low self-esteem. And gold pressed latinum.

norland2424

Quote from: rekcuf on August 21, 2016, 09:41:05 PM
I have a weakness for dabo girls with low self-esteem. And gold pressed latium.

He tricks an airforce nurse into giving him a " lobe job" in that Roswell episode

Quote from: norland2424 on August 21, 2016, 09:43:50 PM
He tricks an airforce nurse into giving him a " lobe job" in that Roswell episode

I might blow my lobe on a Vulcans face tonight.

BattyBrooke

Quote from: RoseGirl on August 16, 2016, 10:20:12 PM
Hey...who's that? Cuz it certainly isn't me. I think it was a picture someone tried to pretend was me maybe...but it is not me.

Pics of this woman come up, in abundance, when a google image search of your name is performed. Welcome.

Also, I am clueless (mostly) in all this drama. I just came to check on Art....And say "hi" to Onan.  Hi, Onan!

BattyBrooke

You know that's totally her. Lulz!

norland2424

Quote from: BattyBrooke on August 21, 2016, 09:50:07 PM
You know that's totally her. Lulz!

Yea its her, its from her horoscope website lol

Quote from: BattyBrooke on August 21, 2016, 09:48:35 PM
Pics of this woman come up, in abundance, when a google image search of your name is performed. Welcome.

Also, I am clueless (mostly) in all this drama. I just came to check on Art....And say "hi" to Onan.  Hi, Onan!

What, is she not attractive or something?

Quote from: GravitySucks on August 21, 2016, 08:55:06 PM
Go listen to his interview on the GabCast and STFU. It's over dude. Nothing more to say or to see.

I've been meaning to ask - is your GravitySucks avatar a commentary on that terrible Tess Garritsen book 'Gravity' that Art gushes over? 

I read that thing, the whole time thinking it must somehow get better - it never did.

JesusJuice

Quote from: rekcuf on August 21, 2016, 09:54:45 PM
What, is she not attractive or something?

Everyone is attractive in their own distinct way.  :-*