• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

TigerLily

Quote from: ItsOver on June 05, 2016, 02:31:36 PM
A BellGab meetup.  The one lady who
showed could fill in for ZZ Top. 

;D  ;D  ;D Thanks for the laugh out loud. Too bad a photo can't be Right Hand Corner

paladin1991

Quote from: Art Bell on June 04, 2016, 08:31:33 PM

Some are wondering why I have not spent much time on Ham radio, read this recent article for more info.....http://www.sacbee.com/news/local/article81740737.html

There's always some asshole.   No matter where you go, what you are doing, what the cause.....there is always some asshole.

scottydawg

Yeps, alway an asshole somewhere. That's why I took early retirement. Last boss was an Army reservist. Got an 80% disability.
So she could have retired, but decided to join our place. At first she was alright, would get out of her office and help out when we were
short handed. But last 4 months she turned into a royal REMF! Last straw she called me on the phone when I was in the company truck to bitch at me. I called her "Your Majesty" and told her if she didn't like what I was doing she could get her royal ass out here right now and I'll quit! That calmed her down abit. The next day I handed her my 2 week notice! ;D

ItsOver

Quote from: TigerLily on June 05, 2016, 11:41:51 PM
;D  ;D  ;D Thanks for the laugh out loud. Too bad a photo can't be Right Hand Corner
My pleasure, TL.  With Art pretty much retired, it's the main reason I come to BG anymore.  For the laughs and to laugh at Jorch. 

All hail MV.

ItsOver

Quote from: paladin1991 on June 06, 2016, 08:48:19 AM
There's always some asshole.   No matter where you go, what you are doing, what the cause.....there is always some asshole.
Damn, thuh trooth!  All I have to do is get on the road if I need a reminder.

Art Bell

Quote from: Tinfoil_Helm on June 05, 2016, 09:15:40 PM
So wait, first it was a crazed gunman, then his health, now it's because the subject matter has gone stale?  I'm starting to wonder about Art's credibility!

And if he thinks the topics are boring and played-out, try listening to Heather. WOOF.

I did not say they were boring or played out. Pretty sure I said that when I turned to the Paranormal I was pretty much alone, now everybody is doing it with the same Guests pretty much on show after show. I think i also noted there have not been many big incidents in recent Years.

Why do people put words in other people's mouths?

Art

Catsmile

Quote from: Art Bell on June 06, 2016, 01:17:43 PM

Art

Ever play a game called Gossip as a kid? You and a dozen or maor kids sit in a line or circle. One kid gets picked to whisper something simple into the ear of a kid next to him, like "Billy has blue eyes." This phrase gets passed along until it reaches the originator. Most of the time the phrase is warped or just outright wrong. Billy has blue eyes, turns into "ducks quack" somehow. That shows the nature of human verbal communication 101. This also applies to text, we interpret whats being typed by others through our own unique lenses, filters, and biases that is occurring in our minds at the moment we read something.   

TL;DR:
The message sent, is almost never the message received.

Roswells, Art

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on June 04, 2016, 11:32:29 PM
What the hell would a bellgab meetup even look like?

I can tell you what it would like like the next morning. Ever hear of the Dyatlov Pass incident?

Roswells, Art

I did not say they were boring or played out. Pretty sure I said that when I turned to the Paranormal I was pretty much alone, now everybody is doing it with the same Guests pretty much on show after show. I think i also noted there have not been many big incidents in recent Years.

Art

Your MiTD shows were immensely interesting.

Roswells, Art

Quote from: MV on June 05, 2016, 11:34:12 PM
easily in my top 5 favorite movies.

Great book, too.

bobo17

See you soon Art, we are almost there
bobo

Art

Dr. MD MD

Art

Art, you're the master who can take a played out topic and make it interesting again or get something new from a guest we've heard a dozen times already. Please consider coming back on the air and doing one show a week. Fridays would be an excellent choice. You could do an open lines wrap-up covering whatever interested you from the previous 4 shows or just whatever the hell you want to talk about. We'll probably find it interesting and worthwhile because you're good at what you do. Part of me feels like I'm wasting my time making this plea but you keep coming back to post here, Art. So, clearly you're still interested in us.  :)

Art Bell

I have been a member here before I started on air at XM, I am here because I am a member and wish to remain so.

Art

73s

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on June 06, 2016, 02:35:33 PM
Art, you're the master who can take a played out topic and make it interesting again or get something new from a guest we've heard a dozen times already. Please consider coming back on the air and doing one show a week. Fridays would be an excellent choice. You could do an open lines wrap-up covering whatever interested you from the previous 4 shows or just whatever the hell you want to talk about. We'll probably find it interesting and worthwhile because you're good at what you do. Part of me feels like I'm wasting my time making this plea but you keep coming back to post here, Art. So, clearly you're still interested in us.  :)
^-- +1E1000

73s

I think Whitley is doing Dreamland now but...here's to a "one show a week" back in the day that was something special, if you could consider doing it again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPGTAR3ODSE

gabrielle

Quote from: Art Bell on June 06, 2016, 02:53:10 PM
I have been a member here before I started on air at XM, I am here because I am a member and wish to remain so.

Art

Art I am so glad you haven't given up on us altogether.  It so good to see you post again.
You are badly missed.

Dr. MD MD

Art

Sure, that's cool too. Sigh...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ytCEuuW2_A

:(

Roswells, Art

Art

Good!

Ciardelo

Art
Yeah, it's a problem. All you said was you were "hanging it up for good" and all of a sudden people are saying you quit.

Quote from: Ciardelo on June 06, 2016, 03:22:52 PM
Yeah, it's a problem. All you said was you were "hanging it up for good" and all of a sudden people are saying you quit.

Why you...we should give you the boot.

Art

Are we still too mean for you to let Heather post here again?

TigerLily

Art

I became a  Bellgab member for your return. I stayed because ... I really have no idea.  I'm glad you are visiting us a little more often.

And I promise I won't beg you to come back to the airwaves even now or then  for an hour or so or on a podcast where you can give short notice on Facebook and on your favorite forums so we can call in.  I will just be happy you're posting again. Promise

CornyCrow

Quote from: Ciardelo on June 06, 2016, 03:22:52 PM
Ciardelo, I thought you were his number one sycophant, true blue, through thick and through thin.  What happened?   

Value Of Pi

Quote from: paladin1991 on June 06, 2016, 08:48:19 AM

Once upon a time, my partner at work was explaining how a certain colleague "desperately needed a punch in the face." (Figuratively speaking -- there are all kinds of "punches.") In this case, the government has the power and is too shy about using it. Meanwhile, in combat, fragging is the ultimate option when it comes to saving the lives of your comrades. Assholes are an unending plague.

Ciardelo

Quote from: Segundus on June 06, 2016, 04:06:17 PM
Ciardelo, I thought you were his number one sycophant, true blue, through thick and through thin.  What happened?   
Oh Segundi honey, I didn't like all the wild-ass speculation and innuendo that was being strewn about true enough.  I never did try to seek approval or favor from Mr. Bell, so your characterization of me as a  "sycophant" is probably off the mark.

I'm puzzled why you would question my post, as I have always been fair-minded even when other posters were being very mean spirited and outright nasty to Mr. Bell.

ACE of CLUBS

Hollow Man 'back-handed' him to the back of the two man line ..... it was the epic 'Battle of the Titans' ......
It was somewhat amusing to watch ......

Dr. MD MD

In your world there are only trolls or sycophants.  ::)

Art

The exact words may be different, to me this is a distinction without a difference. 

Same few guests making the rounds, nothing much new = boring and played out

Quote from: TigerLily on June 06, 2016, 03:45:24 PM
I became a  Bellgab member for your return. I stayed because ... I really have no idea.  I'm glad you are visiting us a little more often.

And I promise I won't beg you to come back to the airwaves even now or then  for an hour or so or on a podcast where you can give short notice on Facebook and on your favorite forums so we can call in.  I will just be happy you're posting again. Promise

I wish Art would fill in again. It has been forever since he has. I'd like to see him do a guest interview as callers would just say welcome back and we missed you the whole night. I thought Arts shows on MITD were just as good as they always were.