• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

Lilith

Quote from: GravitySucks on February 05, 2016, 04:23:56 PM
LOL well I never said they were the right decisions. Seems like you have been let down by Art from the get go. I can understand that.

Love Brig, Get WhiteCrow, Need Serenity, Want bacon.

I DID feel let down Gravity.  I was expecting the same old Art Bell, on top of the worlds latest developments in the news, no matter what the topic was. It could be anything from a big foot siting, to candidates in an election, to stem cell research, to ghost stories on Halloween, and Santa Clause and his raindeer on Christmas.  The Art Bell I got on the DMDN, well, I just don't recognize him, VERY sad to say.

WhiteCrow

Quote from: gabrielle on February 05, 2016, 04:24:18 PM
Art, I think Heather is doing an admirable job.  I enjoy her shows.  She is one of us Bellgabbers.  However, you are ART BELL and I miss you. 

Please come back to the airwaves whenever you can.

You have a gift from the heavens...IMHO.

IMHO LOL.. Gabrielle, you are adorable.

In My Bold Opinion..

LOVE ART..    HEATHER IS ADORABLE

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: onan on February 05, 2016, 03:31:32 PM
It is one thing to be consistent in matters of care, personal responsibilities, and honesty. When it comes to emotions and relationships, situations become more fluid. We are quite complicated. When I first heard of Keith's behaviors, I think, during the Sirius period, I too thought Keith was a dickbag. After hearing him on a gabcast, my opinion changed. It changed again with the last postings regarding Heather. If you want me to dislike someone forever, you may well be disappointed.

and this.

GravitySucks

Quote from: brig on February 05, 2016, 04:43:31 PM
I DID feel let down Gravity.  I was expecting the same old Art Bell, on top of the worlds latest developments in the news, no matter what the topic was. It could be anything from a big foot siting, to candidates in an election, to stem cell research, to ghost stories on Halloween, and Santa Clause and his raindeer on Christmas.  The Art Bell I got on the DMDN, well, I just don't recognize him, VERY sad to say.

{{{{{{ Brig }}}}}}

Mr. Fidget

Quote from: onan on February 05, 2016, 04:32:24 PM
It is the truth isn't it?
No, that is just an inaccurate stereotype. It certainly does not define me. I'm an artist, not a beggar. My art is being displayed in professional art places, and has been sold for decades. I have many art endorsements... I'm not begging, but you are... begging to be ignored!

Go take a look.
https://www.linkedin.com/in/shaz-rydstedt-26124b4

I know you're all mad, and you are back on old fashioned ignore permanently, tool.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: NXOEED on February 05, 2016, 03:51:15 PM
...I can't listen to solid 12 hour blocks of paranormal radio. I kind of decided when Art came back that I was gonna pick one and stick with it. And I have.

i once told keith he needs to program DMRN with a variety of shows covering a wide array of topics/genres/sensibilities.  you know... like a regular radio station.  you can take a guess at how much consideration that suggestion was given.

onan

Quote from: Mr. Fidget on February 05, 2016, 04:49:39 PM
   No, that is just an inaccurate stereotype. It certainly does not define me. I'm an artist not a beggar. My art is being displayed in professional art places, and has been sold for decades. I have many art endorsements... I'm not begging, but you are... begging to be ignored!

Go take a look.
https://www.linkedin.com/in/shaz-rydstedt-26124b4

I know you're all mad, and you are back on old fashioned ignore FOR GOOD, tool.

I am not mad. As little as you will believe me, I want you to be safe, healthy, and supporting yourself. I just don't have the opportunity or time to be a friend. I know you see me as an asshole. I am sorry about that.

Quote from: MV on February 05, 2016, 04:51:28 PM
i once told keith he needs to program DMRN with a variety of shows covering a wide array of topics/genres/sensibilities.  you know... like a regular radio station.  you can take a guess at how much consideration that suggestion was given.

Until Keith understands what happened, he needs to know how to fix it. It's a pretty simple fix. Is he too proud to ask?

trostol

what is the smallest amount of time that can be calculated?

wait this isnt jeopardy

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: NXOEED on February 05, 2016, 04:09:16 PM
I agree. Believe it or not, I listen to all three hours of Rush every day, even though I'm not necessarily his target demographic. The man is a master of his craft, and nothing makes that more evident than every afternoon, when Rush ends and Hannity begins. Hannity is the Noory of political talk radio.

Guys like Art and Limbaugh are extremely rare.

turbo mode.  retroactive.  enabled.

Mr. Fidget

Anyone got any thoughts about Art Bell around here?
Seems to me some pompous not-a-doctor troll wants to set up his office in here.
Sheesh.

I was wondering if he had anything to do with Bell labs, next thing you there was a pseudo-doctor attack.

scottydawg

It was an interesting Gabcast last night, but we all have to realize MITD was Art's show and now it's dead. Stick a fork in it already!
Time to rename the show  :-*"Mizz Heather's Parlor" :-* It took a long time for Art to reach the the pinnacle he had. You just have to give Heather about 10 years to get it all down to a science that ART reached. I was there in the Late 80's in Vegas when Art was broadcasting from the Union Plaza. I was patrolling the High Desert on the outskirts of Vegas in my little Jeep CJ-5. He had his hit's and misses a lot back then. You just can't wave a Magic Radio Wand over Heather's head and turn her into a female clone of Art. No insult to Heather but who would you want doing Heart Surgery on you, the seasoned doctor, or the new intern whose only done it on a simulator?

theONE

Quote from: onan on February 05, 2016, 04:52:46 PM
I am not mad. As little as you will believe me, I want you to be safe, healthy, and supporting yourself. I just don't have the opportunity or time to be a friend. I know you see me as an asshole. I am sorry about that.

why not to be just neutral, in place...of being mean spirited ?? 
I'm just wondering ??

GravitySucks

Quote from: scottydawg on February 05, 2016, 04:58:03 PM
It was an interesting Gabcast last night, but we all have to realize MITD was Art's show and now it's dead. Stick a fork in it already!
Time to rename the show  :-*"Mizz Heather's Parlor" :-* It took a long time for Art to reach the the pinnacle he had. You just have to give Heather about 10 years to get it all down to a science that ART reached. I was there in the Late 80's in Vegas when Art was broadcasting from the Union Plaza. I was patrolling the High Desert on the outskirts of Vegas in my little Jeep CJ-5. He had his hit's and misses a lot back then. You just can't wave a Magic Radio Wand over Heather's head and turn her into a female clone of Art. No insult to Heather but who would you want doing Heart Surgery on you, the seasoned doctor, or the new intern whose only done it on a simulator?

It's a FRIKKIN radio show, not life and death surgery.

Turn the dial.

Morgus

As Art Bell said last night, Keith is a "ones and zeros guy"
Keith needs to hire others who can do the other jobs better (like program manager, etc) and he can concentrate exclusively on the network tech...
Keith got rid of all the live broadcasts except for Heather and Hoagland, because he has to be there live to monitor everything during the live shows.  Why him, why not hire an intern to do that monitoring for the live shows instead?

BellBoy

Time to rename the show  :-*"Mizz Heather's Parlor" :-* It took a long time for Art to reach the the pinnacle he had. You just have to give Heather about 10 years to get it all down to a science that ART reached. I was there in the Late 80's in Vegas when Art was broadcasting from the Union Plaza. I was patrolling the High Desert on the outskirts of Vegas in my little Jeep CJ-5. He had his hit's and misses a lot back then. You just can't wave a Magic Radio Wand over Heather's head and turn her into a female clone of Art. No insult to Heather but who would you want doing Heart Surgery on you, the seasoned doctor, or the new intern that never really went to medical school and whose only done it on a simulator?

FIFY

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Mr. Fidget on February 05, 2016, 04:57:53 PM
Anyone got any thoughts about Art Bell around here?
Seems to me some pompous not-a-doctor troll wants to set up his office in here.
Sheesh.

I was wondering if he had anything to do with Bell labs, next thing you there was a pseudo-doctor attack.

onan's not a doctor?  i've been duped!

onan

Quote from: MV on February 05, 2016, 05:03:00 PM

Shut up and bend over.

ItsOver

LOL.    "Come on in boys.  Set yourself down and have a cold one."

The next time I fly commercial, I'll be sure to ask the pilot if he's a BellGabber.  I know that's all it takes to be a great pilot.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: onan on February 05, 2016, 05:04:10 PM
Shut up and bend over.

mmmm, now i don't care if you're a doctor.  only question:  how far??

DarKPenguiN

MV you hit this out of the park man- This is a great interview for so many reasons. You seriously need to take your broadcasting skills to the next level. I think you probably captured the best Art Bell interview and it felt 'real'. You guys have a chemistry and it came through quite well.

This is really good stuff.

Except where you said i was an asshole. That was uncalled for and slander- I challenge you to find even 1 other person to agree with that assessment. Reported for that. >:(

Anyhow- Great fucking radio man.

GravitySucks

Quote from: onan on February 05, 2016, 05:04:10 PM
Shut up and bend over.

I think he said he want a Bud Light.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: DarKPenguiN on February 05, 2016, 05:05:27 PM
MV you hit this out of the park man- This is a great interview for so many reasons. You seriously need to take your broadcasting skills to the next level. I think you probably captured the best Art Bell interview and it felt 'real'. You guys have a chemistry and it came through quite well.

This is really good stuff.

Except where you said i was an asshole. That was uncalled for and slander- I challenge you to find even 1 other person to agree with that assessment. Reported for that. >:(

Anyhow- Great fucking radio man.

thanks buuuddy.  and some of your posts i think were of asshole extraction, but you're alright in my book.

Quote from: MV on February 05, 2016, 05:07:56 PM
thanks buuuddy.  and some of your posts i think were of asshole extraction, but you're alright in my book.

LMAO   dam  SD no turbo mode   DP  turbo mode 

NXOEED

that'd be rad. I'd love to hear some of my favorite podcasts (the majority of which are not paranormal) on the same station that hosts MiTD. Branching out would be great.

coaster

So here I am, drinking off a hangover, watching Talladega Nights on Netflix, when Ricky Bobby says a cougar ripped his Crystal Gayle shirt. For some reason it reminded me of bellgab and Art.

http://imgur.com/QyiyiKa

DarKPenguiN

Quote from: MV on February 05, 2016, 05:07:56 PM
;D

Yeah I can 'occasionally' be an asshole. I'll admit.

This is great man, Thanks for this. Thanks to Art as well for doing this- Regardless of Arts love or lack thereof of me, guys still the best and a legend in broadcasting and this interview is something thats going to gain more importance and value as time goes on.

ponyboysunset

Quote from: GravitySucks on February 05, 2016, 04:23:56 PM
LOL well I never said they were the right decisions. Seems like you have been let down by Art from the get go. I can understand that.

Love Brig, Get WhiteCrow, Need Serenity, Want bacon.
Immediately my mind went here. Lol.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: coaster on February 05, 2016, 05:13:56 PM
So here I am, drinking off a hangover, watching Talladega Nights on Netflix, when Ricky Bobby says a cougar ripped his Crystal Gayle shirt. For some reason it reminded me of bellgab and Art.

http://imgur.com/QyiyiKa

any reasonable man should have a closet full of backup crystal gayle shirts just in case of just this very type of accident.

trostol

Quote from: MV on February 05, 2016, 05:03:00 PM

but he did stay at a holiday inn..or some variant...