• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

Jackstar

speaking of...

Quote from: Jackstar on January 28, 2016, 01:58:19 PM
Hey, if you don't have time to kill by now, there must because reason.

Meanwhile...

Dear Art: last year on the J.B. Wells program, S.D. Morton was asked about you, and in response, he spun quite a yarn.

Question One: Were you aware of that, before now?

Question Two: What, if any, might be your response to his storied claims?

starrmtn001

Quote from: Showroom Dummy on January 28, 2016, 04:58:51 PM
man  this is nuts   
The World Health Organization rang a global alarm over the Zika virus on Thursday, saying the disease was “spreading explosively” in the Americas and that as many as four million people could be infected by the end of the year.     
“The level of alarm is extremely high,” Dr. Chan said in a speech in Geneva.
This could be another health scare, like the last one that never materialized, or it could be a false flag, or yes, it could be real.

TigerLily

Quote from: trostol on January 28, 2016, 04:58:51 PM
we can get SciFi and his tree to drive
Remove all herrings first  :P

GravitySucks

Quote from: starrmtn001 on January 28, 2016, 05:01:56 PM
This could be another health scare, like the last one that never materialized, or it could be a false flag, or yes, it could be real.

Not too cool with the Summer Olympics coming up. All the traveller's could spread it world's wide

Quote from: Art Bell on January 28, 2016, 05:00:52 PM
This Zika thing could be a threat to our species. The children born are completly brain damaged for life and it's spreading like wildfire.

Art

It’s not just humans who can travel rapidly across the world. Viruses and disease-spreading insects and animals can hitch a ride on various modes of travel and the ongoing Zika virus outbreak has spotlighted how viruses can span the globe, putting at risk people who had formerly been protected by geography.

Jackstar

Quote from: GravitySucks on January 28, 2016, 05:03:03 PM
Not too cool with the Summer Olympics coming up

I'm totally okay with anyone choosing to be present for that carnival not breeding. Bummer for the natives though, right?

TigerLily

Quote from: Jackstar on January 28, 2016, 05:00:15 PM
One of you may be allowed to join me and the rest will be sold for chattel. BUST A DEAL--FACE THE WHEEL.
Seems fair to me

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Showroom Dummy on January 28, 2016, 04:58:51 PM
man  this is nuts   
The World Health Organization rang a global alarm over the Zika virus on Thursday, saying the disease was “spreading explosively” in the Americas and that as many as four million people could be infected by the end of the year.     
“The level of alarm is extremely high,” Dr. Chan said in a speech in Geneva.

When the guys looking at the big map start getting worried I suppose it's time to start worrying about it. I hope they're able to put a lid on it the way they did with ebola, though I'm sure there are still concerns with that too.

Chronaut

Quote from: TigerLily on January 28, 2016, 04:46:30 PM
Who is going Cosmic Bowling tomorrow night. I'm bringing the Magic Mushrooms and Starr is bringing the balls. Want to come along?

I’d love that.  I’ve only been bowling twice in my life, but who goes bowling for the bowling anyway?

Quote from: Art Bell on January 28, 2016, 04:48:26 PM
I think the scariest thing at the moment is the Zika Virus. Brazil a Catholic nation is telling it's people to stop having Babies. Spread through mosquitos or Sex. If I were on air I would be all over it. I always said it would be the small things we need to worry over.

Art

Yep â€" the World Health Organization is officially freaking out:
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/01/29/health/zika-virus-spreading-explosively-in-americas-who-says.html?_r=0

It’s always been a race between the next world pandemic, and the progress of viral medicine.  I’m not entirely sure why vaccine engineering has been making such pathetic progress over the last few decades, but we need a far more effective virology science and fast.  Because if a naturally occurring bug doesn't sweep across the world like a scythe, sooner or later a biological weapon will...

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: Art Bell on January 28, 2016, 04:48:26 PM
I think the scariest thing at the moment is the Zika Virus. Brazil a Catholic nation is telling it's people to stop having Babies. Spread through mosquitos or Sex. If I were on air I would be all over it. I always said it would be the small things we need to worry over.

Art

Don't forget the alien megastructure story. The comet explanation has been ruled out. We're now fresh out of good explanations for whatever is going with Tabby's star.

The children born are completly brain damaged for life and it's spreading like wildfire.

Art

So like what happened with millennials?

TigerLily

This Zika thing could be a threat to our species. The children born are completly brain damaged for life and it's spreading like wildfire.

Art
The dire consequences are only for pregnant women. Once bitten, forever immune

albrecht

Quote from: Segundus on January 28, 2016, 04:50:27 PM
I would imagine that the law might be different if you have a fence around your property, to prevent stray animals and children from wandering on.
I would check the laws in your state but it seems fair precedent in common law (and most states where I looked up statute) that a deadly trap (spring gun etc) are illegal, even in fenced or set up in a locked building (things like firefighters, the EMS worker coming in to rescue you after a heart attack, family member drunk, police, etc who might access your property legitimately could be hurt/killed.) And on the civil side- look out for some lawsuits regardless of legality.

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on January 28, 2016, 05:04:49 PM
When the guys looking at the big map start getting worried I suppose it's time to start worrying about it. I hope they're able to put a lid on it the way they did with ebola, though I'm sure there are still concerns with that too.

true our outlook here in US is this  NYtimes reporting 
Dr. Reisen said the fact that American cities are less crowded and that the use of air conditioning and window screens is widespread means that it is very unlikely that the virus will spread in the United States as it has in less developed countries in South and Central America

BellBoy

Quote from: Emergency Bacon on January 28, 2016, 04:18:27 PM
Interesting how differently Bellgabbers act when Art is posting.

It's called the spasmodic ass-kissing reflex. It's quite predictable, really. I've commented on it before.

(It's a bit less intense than it once was, though)

Chronaut

Quote from: coaster on January 28, 2016, 04:57:04 PM
We had a lot of folks here get that West Nile from mosquitoes,  and now we have zika virus. Mosquitoes are responsible for more deaths than anything else out there. Except for maybe religion.

Yup - it's hard to tell which bloodsucker is worse.

trostol

Quote from: Chronaut on January 28, 2016, 05:05:15 PM

I’d love that.  I’ve only been bowling twice in my life, but who goes bowling for the bowling anyway?

wait..what...you ask that with that avatar?  :o

albrecht

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/01/29/health/zika-virus-spreading-explosively-in-americas-who-says.html?_r=0

It’s always been a race between the next world pandemic, and the progress of viral medicine.  I’m not entirely sure why vaccine engineering has been making such pathetic progress over the last few decades, but we need a far more effective virology science and fast.  Because if a naturally occurring bug doesn't sweep across the world like a scythe, sooner or later a biological weapon will...
Bring back DDT, not only would have saved countless lives in the 'developing world' over the decades of ban, but now it could save us! Sorry, Eagles.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: TigerLily on January 28, 2016, 05:01:26 PM
Being a witch doctor, I thought you could write us a prescription for the party favors

Which doctor, the witch doctor?  ???
My prescription is:

Ooo, eee, ooo ah ah ting tang
Walla walla, bing bang
Ooo, eee, ooo ah ah ting tang
Walla walla, bing bang

8)

Art
Oh man. So who is going to the Olympics? :-\

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: trostol on January 28, 2016, 04:58:51 PM
we can get SciFi and his tree to drive

The tree wouldn't fit and I'm pretty sure it wants to kill me. I can drive though. I like going really fast.

trostol

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on January 28, 2016, 05:09:35 PM
The tree wouldn't fit and I'm pretty sure it wants to kill me. I can drive though. I like going really fast.

did the two of you have a heart to heart today?

TigerLily

Invited!

My understanding was the Government (yes, that Government) was pushing pharmaceutical companies to develop and distribute vaccines.  They didn't think there was enough profit in it to do it without coercion

starrmtn001

Quote from: GravitySucks on January 28, 2016, 05:03:03 PM
Not too cool with the Summer Olympics coming up. All the traveller's could spread it world's wide
OMG, that's right.  It's too late to change sites.  Would the Olympics have to be cancelled?  Has that ever happened?  Maybe just the competitors and authorized personnel could attend, and that would be under quarantine.  It will be interesting to see how that will be handled.

My prayers go out to all expectant Mothers in the alerted areas.

TigerLily

Quote from: trostol on January 28, 2016, 05:07:35 PM
wait..what...you ask that with that avatar?  :o
;) Ringer. He tells us he can't bowl then takes all our bail money

trostol

Quote from: TigerLily on January 28, 2016, 05:13:56 PM
;) Ringer. He tells us he can't bowl then takes all our bail money

lets see its been..ages since i bowled..wonder if i remember anything from the class i took in school

TigerLily

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on January 28, 2016, 05:09:35 PM
Cool. The dolphin will drive