• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

Claudius

Quote from: That is correct Captain on January 25, 2016, 07:23:34 AM
It is interesting that the Cumulus deal was the last peice of the broadcast puzzle Art was working to put together and it sounded like he was about to get it, possibly on his terms. Remember the legal back and forth between Art and Cumulus was a huge stumbling block during the run up.
The timing makes it seem like Art finished the puzzle and then it becomes a case of boring maintenance and polishing the brass vs. the excitement of empire building. More speculation but it does kind of seem like the task of polishing the brass was handed over to the bellboy.
That's really the part of the story I don't understand. Yeah he doesn't need the money but we know Art, he is a spiteful vengeful person, his being back with a major radio conglom would be huge. You would think he would do anything humanly possible to keep they deal going, but nope it was just flushed down the toilet.

inuk2600

Quote from: Claudius on January 25, 2016, 07:59:58 AM
That's really the part of the story I don't understand. Yeah he doesn't need the money but we know Art, he is a spiteful vengeful person, his being back with a major radio conglom would be huge. You would think he would do anything humanly possible to keep the deal going, but nope it was just flushed down the toilet.

I don't know about the vengeful part,  but it does make sense when you consider all the nuances. Trying to break it down to logic is too simplistic.

Night Train

Quote from: paladin1991 on January 25, 2016, 01:09:11 AM
Can it, sister.  You are a shit talker.

Ho'oponopono:

I am sorry. 

Please forgive me.

I love you. 

Thank you.

GravitySucks

Quote from: Night Train on January 25, 2016, 09:01:38 AM
Ho'oponopono:

I am sorry. 

Please forgive me.

I love you. 

Thank you.
Addict LOLOLOLOLOLOL

Taco Bell

Quote from: VoteQuimby on January 25, 2016, 03:03:58 AM
I'm genuinely disturbed that you want to be paid in the worst Mexican food in existence. But I think that's because I take my Mexican food goddamn seriously.

Quote from: VoteQuimby on January 25, 2016, 03:09:25 AM
Dude I'm going to tell you right now. You're taking to a man who takes tacos very seriously. Why would anyone willingly subject themselves to Taco Bell unless too drunk or too stoned to notice?

Watch your whore mouth

Quote from: trostol on January 24, 2016, 09:31:10 PM
thats the 2nd half of 2 night premiere

What if you don't have cable? Just borrow it from the Internet?
I can't wait!

whoozit

Quote from: Night Train on January 24, 2016, 09:05:20 PM
Post I've where I've said Art and Heather are or were having an affair.

You can't.
You don't have the balls to come out and say it, you only imply it:
Quote from: Night Train on January 24, 2016, 09:18:58 PM
Good lord!

For being that devoted, you should get to have an affair with Heather!
I saw you have mentioned you are not Dark Penguin.  I agree, he tried to be the Prince of Darkness here. The best rank you can hope to obtain is Squire of Dimness.   You just take others thoughts and pile on, then back pedal when you get called out.  By the way, I hope the stuff about your wife is not true.    :P ;)

I heard Heather on a really old Gabcast and she was fun to listen to. She didn't pick up those annoying vocal inflections until later I guess.

On whether a woman would have to sleep with the boss to make it in the business, an old Philis Diller quote comes to mind.

She said making it to the top was easy, all you had to do was climb over the crowds of contented people at the bottom.

That's back when we had contented people, they are now known as trolls;)

I was a time traveler but I found myself not making time for the show, except maybe open lines on a Saturday morning.

Can someone tell me what the Abby Normal story was about?
I thought that was the name of one of Arts cats.

Was it a mouse this incarnation or an alien mega structure?
Could it be Angels?

I'm confused.

Night Train

Quote from: whoozit on January 25, 2016, 09:53:04 AM
You don't have the balls to come out and say it, you only imply it:I saw you have mentioned you are not Dark Penguin.  I agree, he tried to be the Prince of Darkness here. The best rank you can hope to obtain is Squire of Dimness.   You just take others thoughts and pile on, then back pedal when you get called out.  By the way, I hope the stuff about your wife is not true.    :P ;)

Um, maybe you didn't notice, but I said:

QuoteGood lord!

For being that devoted, you should get to have an affair with Heather!

After Saucy Rossy lied and accused me of "championing" the idea that Heather and Art have been boinking.

Immediately after. 

In other words, I did it on purpose. 

To mock him.

I don't really believe that doing something as monumentally stupid as trading in a classic automobile for a new Kia so you can have a satellite radio in your car to listen to Art entitles a person to have sex with Heather.  (Besides, he's already been fucked good and hard by Art.)

After all, Heather's an angel, and the pleasure of her company is far, far better than having sex with her.  Just ask Aldous Burbank.  She's on such a high spiritual plane that she wouldn't even boink an enlightened old hippie shaman like Aldous, so it's crazy to think she would boink a guy worth $10 mil who could give her her own radio show.

whoozit

Quote from: Night Train on January 25, 2016, 10:06:50 AM

After Saucy Rossy lied and accused me of "championing" the idea that Heather and Art have been boinking.

Immediately after. 

To mock him.

I don't really believe that doing something really stupid like trading in a classic automobile for a new Kia so you can have a satellite radio in your car to listen to Art entitles a person to have sex with Heather.  (Besides, he's already been fucked good and hard by Art.)

After all, Heather's an angel, and the pleasure of her company is far, far better than having sex with her.  Just ask Aldous Burbank.  She's on such a high spiritual plane that she wouldn't boink an enlightened old hippie shaman like Aldous, so it's crazy to think she would boink a guy worth $10 mil who could give her her own radio show.
My post was 60% in jest.  I agree selling a classic car because the dealer says a satellite radio can't be installed is crazy.  However you do seem to imply you know more about his dealings with all involved than he does.  You did the same thing with AB's unfortunate post.  It wasn't the post or his thoughts on the subject tha that were bad, it was just throwing gasoline on the fire for more idle speculation.  I'm not sure why I should value your opinion more than his.  Especially with your juvenile response to his ideas.  I do hope someday we do get more insight into what truly happened.  My suspicion is it will not be anywhere near as exciting as the goofier speculation here, nor as bland as the story Art has officially put out there.  On that I suspect we probably agree.  I just notice that you seem to periodically distance yourself from ideas you seem to embrace.

Night Train

Quote from: whoozit on January 25, 2016, 10:28:59 AM
My post was 60% in jest.  I agree selling a classic car because the dealer says a satellite radio can't be installed is crazy.  However you do seem to imply you know more about his dealings with all involved than he does.  You did the same thing with AB's unfortunate post.  It wasn't the post or his thoughts on the subject tha that were bad, it was just throwing gasoline on the fire for more idle speculation.  I'm not sure why I should value your opinion more than his.  Especially with your juvenile response to his ideas.  I do hope someday we do get more insight into what truly happened.  My suspicion is it will not be anywhere near as exciting as the goofier speculation here, nor as bland as the story Art has officially put out there.  On that I suspect we probably agree.  I just notice that you seem to periodically distance yourself from ideas you seem to embrace.

Juvenile?  His "ideas"? All I did was point out what was really going on - that Aldous had hoped to get in Heather's pants, had gotten quickly shot down, and is now pretending that he and Heather had mutually decided that even though they were both hot for each other, they weren't going to have sex because that would spoil their wonderful relationship.  And he then implied that if she wouldn't put out for a charming, delightful, fascinating, giving, spiritually enlightened old shaman hippie like himself, there's no way she'd put out for Art just because he's worth $10 mil and can give her a radio show. 

Those "ideas" are the goofiest ideas since Goofy Tunes.

Which of these is juvenile? 

1. A guy who plays tuba in the college marching band saying "I offered to let the homecoming queen boink me, but she declined, so there's no way she's boinking the quarterback whose dad left him $10 million."

2. The guy who rolls his eyes when he hears that.

Heather may or may not be having sex with Art.  I have no idea.  But the fact that she refused to have sex with Aldous in no way implies that it's crazy for people to wonder if she's having sex with Art.

GravitySucks

Quote from: Night Train on January 25, 2016, 10:06:50 AM

Immediately after. 

To mock him.

I don't really believe that doing something as monumentally stupid as trading in a classic automobile for a new Kia so you can have a satellite radio in your car to listen to Art entitles a person to have sex with Heather.  (Besides, he's already been fucked good and hard by Art.)

After all, Heather's an angel, and the pleasure of her company is far, far better than having sex with her.  Just ask Aldous Burbank.  She's on such a high spiritual plane that she wouldn't even boink an enlightened old hippie shaman like Aldous, so it's crazy to think she would boink a guy worth $10 mil who could give her her own radio show.

Your wife is an angel too. You shouldn't ignore her so much. I am telling you, BellGab will destroy your marriage if you let it.

And you are supposed to be working with your "world's best productivity tool/ site blocker " installed.  Is trolling BellGab really worth losing your job over?

You sir, are an addict.

whoozit

Quote from: Night Train on January 25, 2016, 10:41:26 AM
Juvenile?  All I did was point out what was really going on - that Aldous had hoped to get in Heather's pants, had gotten quickly shot down, and is now pretending that he and Heather had mutually decided that even though they were both hot for each other, they weren't going to have sex because that would spoil their wonderful relationship.  And he then implied that if she wouldn't put out for for a delightful, fascinating, giving, spiritually enlightened old shaman hippie like himself, there's no way she'd put out for Art just because he's worth $10 mil and can give her a radio show.

Which of these is juvenile?

1. A guy who plays tuba in the college marching band saying "I offered to let the homecoming queen boink me, but she declined, so there's no way she's boinking the quarterback whose dad left him $10 million"

2. The guy rolling his eyes when he hears that.

Heather may or may not be having sex with Art.  I have no idea.  But the fact that she refused to have sex with Aldous in no way implies that it's crazy for people to wonder if she's having sex with Art.
I blame the proliferation of participation trophies.

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on January 25, 2016, 02:33:54 AM
All you've done in the last two years is bitch about shit. And we're talking about some epic bitching. Justify it. Why have you continued to care? You got caught up in it. That's abundantly clear. You did that on purpose.

Why do you even still care? You said you didn't listen to MITD, so why the fuck are you weighing in? What the fuck is wrong with you that you're still bothering?

Yes, Art made a plan to use music royalties problems to create a show and then not use that excuse to kill the show and blame it all on a stalker all in order to get off the air. What a wonderfully nefarious plot! You're fucked in the head P*B.

You've insulted my intelligence by exposing me to the bullshit you just tossed out. You owe me now fucker, you owe me. Actually, you don't owe me, you just haven't bothered to think anything through, which is sad.

So I pose a question, what the hell are you doing here? Why are you bothering? Give me a simple answer.

Quote from: Auslandia on January 24, 2016, 09:26:31 PM

It's the new Art Bell show he's going to broadcast on long range Bluetooth only.

This is some inside info my husband has on this recent development;

"C.Crane is providing a special, USB Bluetooth, high gain antenna, especially for the show."

Night Train

Quote from: whoozit on January 25, 2016, 10:53:42 AM
I blame the proliferation of participation trophies.

One thing's for sure - Aldous didn't get any participation trophy from Heather.

GravitySucks

Quote from: Night Train on January 25, 2016, 11:13:11 AM

Dude, seriously... Your wife is going to start ordering stuff off amazon just so she can talk to the UPS guy.

Night Train

Quote from: GravitySucks on January 25, 2016, 11:14:51 AM
Dude, seriously... Your wife is going to start ordering stuff off amazon just so she can talk to the UPS guy.

Hey, Gravity!  The Jerk Store called - they're running out of you!

whoozit

Quote from: Night Train on January 25, 2016, 11:13:11 AM
Well played.  You're welcome for the fastball down the middle.   :D

Ciardelo

lol

paladin1991

Dude, seriously... Your wife is going to start ordering stuff off amazon just so she can[i] talk to[/i] bonk the UPS guy.

Fixed.

Night Train

You spend far more time on here than I do, Gravity. 

So what's your old lady up to?

I'm guessing she's off at some Mexican clinic for penis enlargement surgery?

Night Train

Quote from: paladin1991 on January 25, 2016, 11:51:52 AM
Fixed.

Now, pallie, why would my wife screw the UPS guy - he doesn't have a radio show or ten million bucks.

(Besides, he'd be too worn out from the three way he just had with your wife and daughter.)

Taco Bell

Night Train

Quote from: paladin1991 on January 25, 2016, 01:09:11 AM
Can it, sister.  You are a shit talker.

8) 8) 8) 8) Man, you're stupid.

BTW, pallie, I replied to a post of yours yesterday, but I guess you missed it.  So here it is again:

Quote from: paladin1991 on Yesterday at 02:54:59 AM
Thanks for the clarity.  Though I am certain that there are those who don't want to see.

Clarity?  LMFAO.

The guy used a bunch of flowery language precisely to disguise his lack of clarity. 

But one thing's clear to anyone who's not brain dead - dude had the hots for Redacted/Heather.  He invited her to meet IRL, certain he was gonna get some.  But after she saw him in person, Heather made it quite clear she wasn't interested in having sex with him.  So he decided to make a virtue of necessity, and had an epiphany that because Heather is such an angel, celibacy with her is ten thousand times better than being in a sexual relationship with her.

Heather and I chose to become friends through a process of getting to know each other initially through BellGab, via online correspondence. Based on my sense of what quality of person I appreciate and wish to associate with, over an extended period of time I invited Heather to participate in the reality of my personal and home life.

"I invited Heather to participate in the reality of my personal and home life."  Yeah, that's some real "clarity", right there. 

No, if he wanted clarity, he would've written it this way.  "I asked Heather to move in with me."

My situation was and is not perfect, nor was or is hers, but we have managed to show up for each other's actual, non-virtual lives with mutual respect and little or no room for bs. As  a recently divorced guy you might say I was missing female companionship and yet (I know you're wondering) we've kept our relationship platonic.

Clarity?  Nope.  Here's the clear version:

I'd just gotten divorced, and I was horny as hell, and so I couldn't wait to shack up with Heather.    But she had zero interest in having sex with me, and said "Let's just be friends."  I agreed, in hopes that one day she would change her mind, and I let her stay despite the fact that she wasn't putting out.

"We've" kept the relationship platonic?  Ha!  No, she kept it platonic.

I say this to state a standard of our behavior together, friends not lovers.

Of course, a platonic relationship wasn't my original intention, but hey, I made the best of it, and decided that since Heather is such a saint, I actually liked living in a perpetual state of blue balled bliss.

I am no eagle scout either but you see, Heather is an individual with real couth, not someone who presents herself as even vaguely sexually suggestive, inappropriate, or flirtatious.

Correction - she's not someone who was ever vaguely sexually suggestive, inappropriate, or flirtatious with him.  That's because she didn't find him attractive.  If she had, she would've definitely been sexually suggestive and flirtatious, as all women are when they're attracted to a man.  (This part's even more hilarious considering that noble, sainted Heather used to make a living talking dirty to men.)

Honestly, I enjoy getting hit on by the ladies but our friendship IS our destination

Of course, it wasn't the destination I originally had in mind, but here we are, and she's just not into me, so whaddya gonna do?

and we've had an easy time arriving here in spite of all our my natural hormonally instinctive attractions being present and accounted for thank you very much.

So, let me get this straight?  They've both supposedly got the hots for each other, but they refuse to sully such a beautiful friendship by having sex?  Yeah, right.  No, he's got the hots for Heather, but she has zero interest in him.  But he wants to make one thing clear, at least - he can still get it up, "thank you very much."  And she didn't shoot him down, oh, heck no!  They were both feeling "natural hormonally instinctive attractions" for each other, constantly, but they simply made a mutual decision not to have sex in order to keep their relationship on a higher level.  Honest!

Bullshit.  When two people who are both single have  "natural hormonally instinctive attractions" for each other, they have sex.  He was attracted, she wasn't.

I believe that we've each developed a trusting sense of our respective boundaries over time,

Translation: "She always kept her bedroom door locked."

which I am grateful for, as it allows us to have the kind of friendship in which we can travel and spend time together without the added complicated dimension of intimacy,

Uh-huh.  Why let sex ruin a beautiful relationship between a man and woman, amirite guys?

however potentially awesome it might/could be.

Right.  "They" made  a "mutual" decision to ignore their "mutual" raging attraction to each other in order to avoid having an "awesome" sexual relationship.  Yeah, that's real believable.  ::)

That last, pathetic sentence about the awesome sex he thinks he could've had pretty much says it all. Clearly, he wanted Heather.  He wanted her bad.  But she had zero interest in having sex with him.

FIFY, paladin.  There's your clarity.

GravitySucks

Quote from: Night Train on January 25, 2016, 11:57:57 AM
Now, pallie, why would my wife screw the UPS guy - he doesn't have a radio show or ten million bucks.

(Besides, he'd be too worn out from the three way he just had with your wife and daughter.)

Your site blocker is on the fritz again... Missing your kid's formative years. Neglecting that angel of a wife. You are in denial dude. We hooked you in both lips and reeled you in, and now we just get to play you like the bottom feeder you are.

You are hooked - addict.

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on January 25, 2016, 02:33:54 AM
All you've done in the last two years is bitch about shit. And we're talking about some epic bitching. Justify it. Why have you continued to care? You got caught up in it. That's abundantly clear. You did that on purpose.

Why do you even still care? You said you didn't listen to MITD, so why the fuck are you weighing in? What the fuck is wrong with you that you're still bothering?

Yes, Art made a plan to use music royalties problems to create a show and then not use that excuse to kill the show and blame it all on a stalker all in order to get off the air. What a wonderfully nefarious plot! You're fucked in the head P*B.

You've insulted my intelligence by exposing me to the bullshit you just tossed out. You owe me now fucker, you owe me. Actually, you don't owe me, you just haven't bothered to think anything through, which is sad.

So I pose a question, what the hell are you doing here? Why are you bothering? Give me a simple answer.

You mad bro?

I've enjoyed his shows in the past, and liked the guy.  After all that's gone on though, I find the Art Bell worship here can be a bit much - especially the way he gets his fans so excited, only to quickly bail out.  I stop by the forum anyway, so I comment on it.  Then what I hear back is 'it's just a radio show'.  If that's the case, why all the fervor from those posters over something they say is 'just a radio show'?.

Just so you know, I pointed out his surprise at the music royalty fee mess to suggest he may not be as informed on current news topics as people think he is, even issues within the radio industry - with comments made about 'the world needing his voice' and all that.  Not because I thought it was part of some plan to set up an excuse to quit.

The problems at Sirius were also known, although not as an ongoing general news story the way the music royalty fee issue is.  If the problems he had with Sirius were truly the reason he quit, then he doesn't do his homework.

And don't get so upset, it's just a radio show

Mr. Fidget

There has been a lull, in the lolz, oh noes!

Gruntled

Anyone else see the X-Files last night?
The airing was at 10:30 pm est, late due to Football.

It was good to see Muldar and Scully again.
   Spoiler Alert!!

How about that last scene with our favorite bad guy?
Have another hit, eew. :o
I thought the crashed ship at Roswell was well done.
Looking forward to tonights show

Mr. Fidget

I don't know about you Art, but I got an email from a New York Times reporter less than an hour ago. I'm not a subscriber, really don't read it regularly myself, and I am inclined not to respond. Maybe you can enlighten him, surely you need the press. I don't know what it all means yet... but I might forward him your email... what with you being all "retired and stuff", surely you could answer a few questions.

I know you are a big fan of the "interview" format.

Let's see how this goes.