• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

VtaGeezer

Quote from: GravitySucks on January 15, 2016, 11:07:49 AM
That's not quite what she said, and it was investigated by the Secret Service. It was probably not one of her better moments.
What she said was much more explicit than my recollection.  There's no humor in assassination talk on the radio.

GravitySucks

Quote from: VtaGeezer on January 15, 2016, 11:16:48 AM
What she said was much more explicit than my recollection.  There's no humor in assassination talk on the radio.

Totally agree with you there.

SredniVashtar

Quote from: Uncle Duke on January 15, 2016, 11:08:53 AM
Sounds like she was just trying to get out of doing her show, and for want of a terrorist stalker, it was the best she could come up with.

;D

That's the problem with stalkers, they are just never around when you need them. If I am going to use an anonymous psychopath I want to at least make sure that he (or she, let's be modern about this) turns up to the bloody job on time. I wonder if Trump will 'borrow' Art's stalker when he decides that politics isn't all about waving to adoring crowds of retirees, but involves making the occasional unpopular decision too.

Quote from: SredniVashtar on January 15, 2016, 11:19:30 AM
I wonder if Trump will 'borrow' Art's stalker when he decides that politics isn't all about waving to adoring crowds of retirees, but involves making the occasional unpopular decision too.

You. Shut. Your. Mouth.  ;)

ponyboysunset

Oh boy looks like I need to pull up a chair.

paladin1991

Quote from: theONE on January 15, 2016, 04:40:49 AM
Haaa,,,,??
Heather Wade ...What... are U for real,??
U hugged Art's ...nuts,??

Tell I pray.

Was ART's wife there also ,??

You know.  You remind me of another Cunt around here.  The posting style.  The broken English.  Who could that be, oh yes, the Cuntandero.  I bet a Falkie Cinnabon, that you 'two' are one and the same.

Troll away.

SredniVashtar

Quote from: Inglorious Bitch on January 15, 2016, 11:24:27 AM
You. Shut. Your. Mouth.  ;)

I hear that you went to your hairdresser the other day and asked especially for the 'Trump', in honour of your hero and bubble bath partner of choice. I imagine it must have taken the poor girl hours teasing those few lank locks adhering to that crusty scalp of yours.

GravitySucks

Quote from: SredniVashtar on January 15, 2016, 11:19:30 AM
;D

That's the problem with stalkers, they are just never around when you need them. If I am going to use an anonymous psychopath I want to at least make sure that he (or she, let's be modern about this) turns up to the bloody job on time. I wonder if Trump will 'borrow' Art's stalker when he decides that politics isn't all about waving to adoring crowds of retirees, but involves making the occasional unpopular decision too.

Two words...

You Limey bastard.

Pick two.

Quote from: SredniVashtar on January 15, 2016, 11:31:24 AM
I hear that you went to your hairdresser the other day and asked especially for the 'Trump', in honour of your hero and bubble bath partner of choice.

Let's not get crazy.

paladin1991

Quote from: Segundus on January 15, 2016, 09:53:26 AM
Wow.  You are probably too young, but there was Alison Steele, the Nightbird.  God, people would tune in just to hear that voice.  She was phenomenal.

Interesting.  Ms. Steele had one child.  A daughter.  Named Heather.  There are no Coinshidenshes. 

Offered up only as an interesting Coinshidensh.  Not to fuel theories, dumbasses.

SredniVashtar

Quote from: Inglorious Bitch on January 15, 2016, 11:32:37 AM
Let's not get crazy.

That's what Trump said when he saw you bearing down on him with a bottle of olive oil and a suspiciously large loofah. I gather the poor man has been taking all his meetings standing up for the past few days.

SredniVashtar

Quote from: GravitySucks on January 15, 2016, 11:32:21 AM
Two words...

You Limey bastard.

Pick two.

That's just a hate crime, you rotten swine. Yes, we might have the accent and the appalling sense of entitlement that means we all look down our noses at you dungarees-wearing gutter trash, but it doesn't mean I'm not still dying inside, so STFU!

Art, if you're reading this just remember that the trolls cannot define your legacy.  Blame the trolls all you want, but only you can do that and unfortunately it's not looking good.  I really thought that MITD was just as good as the old 90's and 2000's shows... wish it would have lasted.

And by the way, Art, lots of us are sick of hearing how "good" Heather is.  She really truly is not, and I almost wonder if deep down inside you know that, and it bothers you more than the trolls do?

Quote from: Coffeeman on January 15, 2016, 03:15:25 AM
Bitching about audio quality was awesome. I can hear a guest just fine, but he's all uppity about their mic.

To be fair Art runs the show on a headset, so sound quality issues will be noticed by him much more accurately than any AM radio listeners.

Uncle Duke

Quote from: VtaGeezer on January 15, 2016, 11:14:18 AM
Actually, she sued the station and won damages...but no job.

At worst I'd say she showed poor judgement in making such a frivolous statement on a station owned by those who'd been personally affected by a political assassination within a political party they were clearly (and deeply) affiliated with.  Still, I make my judgement of her political stance as a function of having listened to her personally over the years, as opposed to the opinions of others and/or Wikipedia.

Talk radio stations will hire hosts specifically because their political beliefs are diametrically opposed to the station's political demographics just to stir up controversy.  The odd thing about that is, the station acts shocked when the host does the job of stirring up the locals too well.  Good example of that was WGN's (Chicago) hiring of Mike McConnell away from WLW (Cincinnati).  Like Rollye, McConnell is libertarian, but to the solidly liberal/ Democratic Chicago, the fact he didn't tow the party line drove the locals nuts and he was eventually taken off the air.  WBZ in Boston did the same thing a few year ago with similar results, but I can't remember the host's name.  I would guess the same thing has happened with a conservative/Republican stations and their listeners.

GravitySucks

Quote from: SredniVashtar on January 15, 2016, 11:39:48 AM
That's just a hate crime, you rotten swine. Yes, we might have the accent and the appalling sense of entitlement that means we all look down our noses at you dungarees-wearing gutter trash, but it doesn't mean I'm not still dying inside, so STFU!

I know we have our troubles here in the Colonies, but your country is turning into a bunch of cheese eating surrender monkeys. I know you're not a muppet so quit trying to come across like a wazzock.

Even Scotland wants no more of your chav.

(I bet that sounds better when you read it)

albrecht

Quote from: Uncle Duke on January 15, 2016, 11:50:49 AM
At worst I'd say she showed poor judgement in making such a frivolous statement on a station owned by those who'd been personally affected by a political assassination within a political party they were clearly (and deeply) affiliated with.  Still, I make my judgement of her political stance as a function of having listened to her personally over the years, as opposed to the opinions of others and/or Wikipedia.

Talk radio stations will hire hosts specifically because their political beliefs are diametrically opposed to the station's political demographics just to stir up controversy.  The odd thing about that is, the station acts shocked when the host does the job of stirring up the locals too well.  Good example of that was WGN's (Chicago) hiring of Mike McConnell away from WLW (Cincinnati).  Like Rollye, McConnell is libertarian, but to the solidly liberal/ Democratic Chicago, the fact he didn't tow the party line drove the locals nuts and he was eventually taken off the air.  WBZ in Boston did the same thing a few year ago with similar results, but I can't remember the host's name.  I would guess the same thing has happened with a conservative/Republican stations.
Man, that Rollye James/KLBJ stuff brings back some memories. She won the suit I recall and then settled during the appeal. She was represented by Terry Keel, I think, who was our local sheriff (and State Rep for a time.) If I recall around that same time-frame G.Gordon Liddy got into some hot-water over his comments with regard to Federal Agents wearing body-armor and his suggestions on where to shoot? Forget if he was on KLBJ at the time. Around that same time KJFK (a smaller FM station that I think no longer exists) fired the one-and-only local-boy turned national ranter and firebrand Alex Jones for some comments and 'direction of the show'.
The Baines family sold off the KLBJ station(s) a while ago.

Mr.Squirrel

One more thing if your so terrified of a stalker, why would you be dumb enough to post pictures of your kids online?
I never post pictures of my family online I'm not sure why people do that anyway, nobody gives a shit unless they are relatives.
Right after the fake shooting he's got a picture of his 12 year old wife and young daughter. Why would you do that?

laughed so hard at that I just had to explain myself to everyone and it was awkward. Should've just made something up

ponyboysunset

Quote from: Mr.Squirrel on January 15, 2016, 12:35:10 PM
One more thing if your so terrified of a stalker, why would you be dumb enough to post pictures of your kids online?
I never post pictures of my family online I'm not sure why people do that anyway, nobody gives a shit unless they are relatives.
Right after the fake shooting he's got a picture of his 12 year old wife and young daughter. Why would you do that?
LMFAO! Whoops, freudian slip.

onan

Quote from: rekcuf on January 15, 2016, 10:22:21 AM
Why doesn't daddy want us?

You aren't a pack of smokes, son.

Element 115

Quote from: Mr.Squirrel on January 15, 2016, 12:35:10 PM

Oh no, not again...

Starting up the kettle now for some old time kettle corn...

Quote from: Mr.Squirrel on January 15, 2016, 02:48:09 AM
... flat earth dick and a shitty witch...
Been searching for a name for my punk/folk duo.  Thanks!

trostol

Quote from: GravitySucks on January 15, 2016, 01:44:07 AM
Rollye James

funny..she's does her show from here and yet..i have never hard of or about here lol

ponyboysunset

Has this become the English as a second language thread? Or are all of you drunk, stoned, or both?  ::)

Uncle Duke

Quote from: ponyboysunset on January 15, 2016, 01:46:20 PM
Has this become the English as a second language thread? Or are all of you drunk, stoned, or both?  ::)

Some of us are just stupid.

ponyboysunset

Quote from: Uncle Duke on January 15, 2016, 01:48:55 PM
Some of us are just stupid.
Damn I knew I forgot something. Just the last few posts the English was very challenging. One of them I had no idea what the person was talking about. Reminds me of drunk texts I used to get from my ex before she would pass out.

Quote from: chefist on January 14, 2016, 10:46:35 PM
Man if Dave can function with 2700 or so pages and multiple years of negative comments, I would think Art could handle what has been said with no problem...
Noory even had the stones to come here, and appear on the gabcast, to engage his critics - many of whom could be described as "rabid". He was mostly genial and courteous about it. Say what you will about his chops on air, but he is far more capable of dealing with good and the bad of being a public figure than Art ever was.