Author Topic: Art Bell  (Read 12402189 times)

Re: Art Bell
« Reply #68280 on: December 18, 2015, 11:05:06 PM »
I always thought you were a big assclown. So sorry. Kk?
Well, YOU would think that, being the biggest douche in the house. You and Hosegirl, ya phony dick. Lol.

« Reply #68281 on: December 18, 2015, 11:06:45 PM »
I understand everything except "savvy."  :o
It's a pirate thing. Arrrr.

« Reply #68282 on: December 18, 2015, 11:07:21 PM »
I understand everything except "savvy."  :o

Saavy? Means "comprende?"

« Reply #68283 on: December 18, 2015, 11:07:59 PM »
Well, YOU would think that, being the biggest douche in the house. You and Hosegirl, ya phony dick. Lol.
I guess you told me! my, we're down to name calling huh?

« Reply #68284 on: December 18, 2015, 11:11:54 PM »
I guess you told me! my, we're down to name calling huh?

It's all fun and games until someone gets hurt...meanies  :P

« Reply #68285 on: December 18, 2015, 11:56:17 PM »
Predicating your delusions upon some God/Devil myth being real is sadly symptomatic of externalizing your own sacred spirituality. Is it not?

That may be a little too deep for this board. But if it's okay, I'll just externalize the God part without the Devil part because, the truth is, I've been unable to internalize the whole burning pits of sewage thing in the first place. Also, I'm pretty sure any delusions I may have are self-supporting. I doubt that God cares to get involved with such things and He's never given me any sign of it.

« Reply #68286 on: December 18, 2015, 11:56:38 PM »
i go to the movies and come back with a ton of pages..meh..someone give me a brief synopsis of the last 10 pages

They were the same as the previous 10 pages, and the 10 before that...

« Reply #68287 on: December 19, 2015, 12:04:57 AM »
This was posted in Leo's manifesto:

'One of the big issues right now is the music licensing.  That rates are set to go up astronomically in January.  We were already struggling with how we were going to handle the old rates.  The new rates simply make this impossible.  2016 will bring a mass exodus of internet streaming radio stations because its simply too expensive to play the music.  Something like 55% of the gross income would go to music licensing.  Even though the music is only a tiny portion of the overall content of the show'

If true (and I trust anything Leo says even less than I trust Dave) that really sucks. Any idea how that'll affect DMDN, assuming it's around in 2016?

« Reply #68288 on: December 19, 2015, 01:16:00 AM »
Any idea how that'll affect DMDN, assuming it's around in 2016?
It would only really affect Art's show on DMDN with his using commercial bumper music.
The other shows pretty much only use free or donated bumper music or none.
Heather is still using Art's music, but perhaps she could change to the free/donated music to save money for the network?

« Reply #68289 on: December 19, 2015, 01:18:40 AM »
Let me ask you something:  How will you react if and when something happens to Art or his wife or daughter?

And when did you last beat your wife?  It's irrelevant. You're coming from the assumption that AB's story has validity. I'm not by any means the only one who doesn't believe his story is as he's stated.

Question: if YOU believed you were being targeted, would you leave your family in the target area, or even yourself if you had millions of dollars to keep out of harms way?

« Reply #68290 on: December 19, 2015, 02:13:46 AM »
As I suggested a day or so ago. I think Art, or Keith, should've called Phil and asked him to do the show as "Art" until the stalker/sniper was caught or Art sorted his situation, instead of the quitting. During the turmoil Phil could've even did guests or callers if they were hard to come-by.

FANTASTIC IDEA!!!  I would happily pay subscription to that indefinitely!

« Reply #68291 on: December 19, 2015, 04:21:08 AM »
And when did you last beat your wife?  It's irrelevant. You're coming from the assumption that AB's story has validity. I'm not by any means the only one who doesn't believe his story is as he's stated.

Question: if YOU believed you were being targeted, would you leave your family in the target area, or even yourself if you had millions of dollars to keep out of harms way?

I see you're still here to be a complete dick to people and get off on it. How does that even work? Just curious.

« Reply #68292 on: December 19, 2015, 04:30:34 AM »
This site involves a few lovers of radio. Most just bitch. Site was a good idea. Wish i had the idea. worth 90 grand or so ad falling lol. Do you people ever just get together anymore and take of the love of radio? Isnt that what it was supposed to be? And Jesues this prick fights with the other blah blah blah. Im out man. you aint bell falls. fans of yourself. whole site is sad. i quit.

« Reply #68293 on: December 19, 2015, 04:43:37 AM »
This site involves a few lovers of radio. Most just bitch. Site was a good idea. Wish i had the idea. worth 90 grand or so ad falling lol. Do you people ever just get together anymore and take of the love of radio? Isnt that what it was supposed to be? And Jesues this prick fights with the other blah blah blah. Im out man. you aint bell falls. fans of yourself. whole site is sad. i quit.

Grab some beer while you're out pls

« Reply #68294 on: December 19, 2015, 05:55:14 AM »
Figured it out, Art left to get in line for Star Wars.

He went to the movie and now just sits back taking in the theories of his departure.

« Reply #68295 on: December 19, 2015, 06:15:47 AM »
Grab some beer while you're out pls

Dont worry Ill share aussie. 8)

« Reply #68296 on: December 19, 2015, 06:27:06 AM »
I always thought you were a big assclown. So sorry. Kk?

Assclown. Bet you see those quite often. 8)

« Reply #68297 on: December 19, 2015, 06:29:17 AM »
Whatever you have to tell yourself to sleep at night. You repeatedly brought up "questions" over, and over and over. It's pretty clear you were trying to be clever. Go back and count all the buts.

I so wish I was a clever as you. Hell I might have even got laid again. 8)

« Reply #68298 on: December 19, 2015, 06:30:03 AM »
I wonder how many butts he had? 8)

« Reply #68299 on: December 19, 2015, 06:36:40 AM »
What I'd like to know is why his first response - and apparently his only response - to whatever problem arises or whatever doesn't go his way is to quit or threaten to quit whatever show he's doing. 

Seeing that pattern repeat itself so often, isn't the next step to wonder whether the various issues that come up were actually simply used as excuses, if not concocted?

Force of habit is my guess. He must have been the kind of kid who quit first and took his ball away and ruined everybody's fun.

« Reply #68300 on: December 19, 2015, 06:56:06 AM »
Whatever you have to tell yourself to sleep at night. You repeatedly brought up "questions" over, and over and over. It's pretty clear you were trying to be clever. Go back and count all the buts.
I sleep fine, as does, I suppose, Art. 
Sure, there were/are questions.  That's natural.  People I know who listen to him think he's a lunatic, and not for the subject matter that he deals with.  I think he would do well with some therapy, but not that he's dangerously mad.  He's immensely talented. 

« Reply #68301 on: December 19, 2015, 06:57:31 AM »
Man i just wanna enjoy radio. I argue with people. I like  to stir shit for giggles but i like radio. Some of these fuckers take it way too far. At the the same time i will out things if i see em and i see fit. I am a drunk on a protective order but thats not all of me. Actually i I hope it scares a few. Oh by the way fuck you barfly. Anyway back to good radio.    8)

« Reply #68302 on: December 19, 2015, 06:58:58 AM »
I am a drunk on a protective order but thats not all of me.

The falkie gig is already taken.

« Reply #68303 on: December 19, 2015, 07:08:13 AM »
Time for the Saturday post.

Tonight starting at 8PM Central until Midnight Central ( Thats 6 to 10pm Pacific for you guys in Rio Linda ) on http://ksyl.com is: Art Bell: Somewhere in Time where Art returns to 7/30/97 when Native American elder Robert Ghostwolf addressed what the weird weather really means.

http://ksyl.com has a live stream listed on their page and they can also be found on Tune-in.
If you are local to NW Louisiana or if the propagation is right, you can hear them on 970AM,
I do not know if the show is in the archive. Jazmunda might have the info on that. However from past info, these may be the "new" classics and may not be in the archive.

For those of you with a bent for nostalgia, from 6pm to 8pm Central, ksyl plays When Radio Was, with old radio shows from the time when "Radio was King!"

Remember "Theres Magic in the Static"
"When you go outside tonight, look to the sky, you never know what you may see"

« Reply #68304 on: December 19, 2015, 07:29:59 AM »
I see you're still here to be a complete dick to people and get off on it. How does that even work? Just curious.
That's it - when you have no counter argument, attack the person.  Do you really think that works?

« Reply #68305 on: December 19, 2015, 07:34:17 AM »
I sleep fine, as does, I suppose, Art. 
Sure, there were/are questions.  That's natural.  People I know who listen to him think he's a lunatic, and not for the subject matter that he deals with.  I think he would do well with some therapy, but not that he's dangerously mad.  He's immensely talented.
You really cant post without spreading some sort of shit, can you?

« Reply #68306 on: December 19, 2015, 07:48:38 AM »

If only this were really true but you obviously can't shut up, as evidenced by the many posts you'll leave after this.

« Reply #68307 on: December 19, 2015, 07:50:17 AM »
You really cant post without spreading some sort of shit, can you?
But this is the truth as I see it.  We can have honest disagreements without attacking each other.  Most of our heroes have some shortcomings. 

It would be interesting to see the training or occupations of people on each side of the debate.  I'll bet we'll find STEM, business types, mechanics types on one side - people who live by logic and testing and who dig into minutiae in order to get things to function properly; and the other side, more emotional types with sundry disciplines.

« Reply #68308 on: December 19, 2015, 07:50:20 AM »
how many of you listened to Open Lines last night? I'm listening now.. Keith is on, discussing what happened, and the legitimacy of the threats to Art and his family.

He said that the first incident, Art had to take himself off the air to "go check things out" after getting a text about it.  So he didn't hear the person driving by and shooting off rounds.

KEITH- if you see this, and I don't expect you to, thanks for coming on to explain things. From FB, it seems like there are a lot of people willing to hang in there. My subscription renews today, and I'm cool with that.  We'll all see how it goes!

« Reply #68309 on: December 19, 2015, 07:53:49 AM »
how many of you listened to Open Lines last night? I'm listening now.. Keith is on, discussing what happened, and the legitimacy of the threats to Art and his family.

He said that the first incident, Art had to take himself off the air to "go check things out" after getting a text about it.  So he didn't hear the person driving by and shooting off rounds.
But that neighbor, the only witness to any of this, would not give a report to the cops.  That's so very odd.