• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

starrmtn001

Hi Art!

I remember, back in the day, that some of your very best shows were your interviews with Gregg Braden.  Any chance that Gregg with be a guest on future shows? ;D

WildCard

Quote from: albrecht on August 19, 2015, 04:35:22 PM
of interest with regard to the whole music issue:
http://www.law360.com/articles/692236/cbs-cumulus-iheartmedia-sued-over-pre-1972-royalties
CBS, Cumulus, iHeartMedia Sued Over Pre-1972 Royalties

"Making someone (i.e. radio stations) who is PROMOTING and helping you SELL your music PAY money to do so should be ILLEGAL!
Kind of like buying a bucket of paint and being told that every time you use it, you have to pay additional money to the manufacturer."

comments, http://www.allaccess.com/net-news/archive/story/144650/cumulus-cbs-iheartmedia-sued-by-abs-entertainment-

Remember when they paid D.J.s? Am I old?

albrecht

Quote from: WildCard on August 19, 2015, 05:01:35 PM
"Making someone (i.e. radio stations) who is PROMOTING and helping you SELL your music PAY money to do so should be ILLEGAL!
Kind of like buying a bucket of paint and being told that every time you use it, you have to pay additional money to the manufacturer."

comments, http://www.allaccess.com/net-news/archive/story/144650/cumulus-cbs-iheartmedia-sued-by-abs-entertainment-

Payola. Ha. That future you speak of (vis-a-vis paint) is coming or here already.
http://www.wired.com/2015/04/dmca-ownership-john-deere/
http://www.monsanto.com/newsviews/pages/saved-seed-farmer-lawsuits.aspx
http://www.monsanto.com/newsviews/pages/why-does-monsanto-sue-farmers-who-save-seeds.aspx

Freyja

OK...let me say this, however first let me say that I am beyond happy that Art is back on the air and I have enjoyed every show, some more and some less.

That said, why are we getting a "split format" type show tonight? Isn't that what Dave does?

We only have 3 hours with Art for the show and as many of you have posted, most shows could have used that 4th hour big time.

If Sanders is going to blow us away with the truth about Flight 800, doesn't he warrant a full 3 hours? 

I am also sure Birnes has a lot to say too, however why the same night with only 3 hours of show time?

What I have always loved about Art's shows were the depth and breadth he brought to each program. Dilluting this with 2 guests in a 3 hour period just doesn't do guest/topic/listener justice IMO.

nbirnes

Quote from: Freyja on August 19, 2015, 05:19:31 PM
OK...let me say this, however first let me say that I am beyond happy that Art is back on the air and I have enjoyed every show, some more and some less.

That said, why are we getting a "split format" type show tonight? Isn't that what Dave does?

We only have 3 hours with Art for the show and as many of you have posted, most shows could have used that 4th hour big time.

If Sanders is going to blow us away with the truth about Flight 800, doesn't he warrant a full 3 hours? 

I am also sure Birnes has a lot to say too, however why the same night with only 3 hours of show time?

What I have always loved about Art's shows were the depth and breadth he brought to each program. Dilluting this with 2 guests in a 3 hour period just doesn't do guest/topic/listener justice IMO.

Both men tonight at talking about the same topic. They co-wrote a book together on it, and it is not a split show. You will love the show, I predict.

chefist

Quote from: nbirnes on August 19, 2015, 06:01:14 PM
Both men tonight at talking about the same topic. They co-wrote a book together on it, and it is not a split show. You will love the show, I predict.

Love  hearing Bill, Nancy! Can't wait!

trostol

Quote from: nbirnes on August 19, 2015, 06:01:14 PM

i didnt know that that guy was yer husband..used ot watch his show all the time

munbeam666

Quote from: The General on August 19, 2015, 03:13:18 PM
People have such short memories.
Most of those singing the praises of Gay Marriage opposed it a few short years ago.
That includes Barry Obama and Hillary Clinton.
Not Bernie Sanders

albrecht

Quote from: munbeam666 on August 19, 2015, 06:30:02 PM
Not Bernie Sanders
Sanders is coming on to talk TWA 800?  :o If he does I hope Art also ask Bernie about "man-and-women" article and some politics. Such as, does he still advocate hitchhiking? Even if it could lead to one of those fantasies coming true that, apparently, all women have- according to him?

aldousburbank

Quote from: chefist on August 19, 2015, 06:03:49 PM
Love  hearing Bill, Nancy! Can't wait!
Bill is a wealth of intelligence, both meanings of the word.

chefist

Quote from: aldousburbank on August 19, 2015, 07:05:26 PM
Bill is a wealth of intelligence, both meanings of the word.

Aldous...I always thought Art should have had Bill on more often back in the day! It was my opinion that Bill made the first Corso interview with LMH work! Bill as the glue! No doubt! His questions and comments were the most intelligent and entertaining!

Anyone not able to log in or access shows?

AppealPlay

Let's see...they can't go with the traditional Navy submarine target practice theory because Bill Birnes has to tie in UFOs somehow.  Maybe it collided with a flying saucer?  Maybe the Greys took everyone for a ride?  Should be entertaining!

chefist

Quote from: MichaelFromVA on August 19, 2015, 07:29:24 PM
Let's see...they can't go with the traditional Navy submarine target practice theory because Bill Birnes has to tie in UFOs somehow.  Maybe it collided with a flying saucer?  Maybe the Greys took everyone for a ride?  Should be entertaining!

I'm very excited! Should be a good ride!

nbirnes

Quote from: MichaelFromVA on August 19, 2015, 07:29:24 PM

Actually, James Sanders had an incredible UFO sighting when he was on the police force back in the day. But UFOs are not any part of this story, and Bill has written about other things over the years.

Stephen

Quote from: WildCard on August 19, 2015, 05:01:35 PM

just ran across this comment... just for some clarification - historically (until very recently, specifically regarding internet broadcasting) the monies paid for music played on the terrestrial radio airwaves DO NOT go to the recording artist - those monies are paid to the songwriter(s) and their publisher(s) that own the composition's copyright via performing rights organizations like ascap and bmi (in the u.s.) that collect from each broadcaster...

playing these recordings "on the radio" has always been considered free advertising for the recording artist for their record(ing) sales and stimulating demand for their performance appearances...

CornyCrow

Quote from: Juan on August 19, 2015, 04:37:29 AM
Clearly Blanche.
Maybe if we present her with an offering (Dave?) she'll desist.

CornyCrow

Quote from: littlechris on August 19, 2015, 09:32:40 AM
Lol. Wow. Art, surely you are joking.
Of course he is!

Quote from: For Whom the Bell Tolls on August 19, 2015, 07:28:52 PM
Anyone not able to log in or access shows?

I can log in but can't stream or download on Firefox.

I tried IE and I couldn't even log in.

wr250

Quote from: The Coincidence Kid on August 19, 2015, 07:50:37 PM
I can log in but can't stream or download on Firefox.

I tried IE and I couldn't even log in.
i can login, says my account has expired.
i understood it was a recurring payment until i said to stop.

It tells me I'm logged in but nothing shows up. I try to log out and log back in but it doesn't help. Tells me I'm already logged in and let's me continue but it doesn't do anything!? Don't know what to do:(

Quote from: wr250 on August 19, 2015, 07:59:11 PM
thats what I thought. Anyone??Keith??

bateman

Yeah, this is what I'm getting:

So did I. I have five days left. This is the one time I want something to renew automatically so it better. Unless of course it works as well as it is right now ....

Stephen

my paypal is set for a recurring payment... my current pay-period is good through 8-19-2015...

let's see what happens tomorrow (for me)... good luck all...

phrodo

Quote from: bateman on August 19, 2015, 08:05:50 PM
Yeah, this is what I'm getting:

I'm getting the exact same thing - WTF over??

On the login page it says I am already logged in and to click to continue - but when I click that it does nothing. Firefox here. It was working yesterday - just checked it due to the above reports and it's fucked like the rest ... and mine is also a recurring payment deal thru paypal.

Don't want my rate to go up because of this.  :-[

Disheartened

Same problem here. I get the account has expired message but according to PayPal my next payment date is Aug.20. Its an auto payment.

phrodo

I sent Keith an email regarding the above TT login issues and he replied within a few minutes and asked me to post this --
----------------

Post to Bellgab please:

I think it was/is a time zone issue, whereas members were expiring on the 20th UTC, where the server was set to. So I've reset the timezone on the server to Pacific time and hope this will fix it. The last day before renewal, the 19th, now changes at 12AM pacific time.  Worst case, if I can't reverse this, is we wait until the renewals come in from PayPal. And hopefully tomorrow's expiring members will get renewed in time.

I'm sorry this has happened to as many people as it did, but we are still working out bugs and issues like this as we go along.

NO ONE SHOULD RE-SUBSCRIBE. This will just make the problem worse.

Thanks for your patience.

----------------------

I haven't checked yet - I will and will reply with results ..

bateman

Quote from: phrodo on August 19, 2015, 08:37:24 PM
NO ONE SHOULD RE-SUBSCRIBE. This will just make the problem worse.

This should be repeated.