• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

Meister_000

Quote from: SredniVashtar on July 22, 2015, 04:04:34 AM
Yessir! It's alright, feel free to treat me like an idiot  :) because I am hoping that it is just something stupid that I have done, but I know my way around the internet pretty well and this is getting to be a pain. Usually if something doesn't work you fiddle around and it works in the end, but I am getting crickets all the way down.

It's posted now and working. Refresh your browser.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: SredniVashtar on July 22, 2015, 04:10:54 AM
Well, I gotta bounce for now. If anyone gets any bright ideas please let me know. It would be much appreciated.

Have you cleared your temp internet files and history? Download CCleaner (it's free), leave it on default and that will tidy up your comps. Try again afterwards.

People need to realize with whatever issues they have, that this is the first week of the show. They need to be patient and bring their issues up to Keith or Dr.J before they lose their cool.

Meister_000

Quote from: SaucyRossy on July 22, 2015, 04:03:21 AM
Yeah, I didn't say I don't judge I just choose to judge things of substance like what a guest says and provides on the show. It's like Graham Handock was saying last night, to judge someone like him for having smoked weed while writing and go from valuing his books to thinking his books have no value simply because he smokes weed doesn't make sense.

Simply put, judge the work of the person that's presented to you.

"Substance" yes, that would be a nice change. "Junk sprituality" is one of my personal pet peaves, and very-much made-so by and the product of many years of C2C listening, as well as Catholic Radio, for example. Fact is, I like Linda all-in-all, but I was disappointed to learn what I did _because_ it then makes me have to question her _credibility_ in ALL things and areas more than I might have done otherwise. "Unity of consciousness" or/and "unity of perception"  is another Kantian construction, and if/ when I discern or am alerted to some really fundamentally "odd" _grounding_ upon which ones filters are operating, well, that just makes me be very cautious and yes suspect of most all that follows, and from that moment forward.

Dear Sir Bell,

You are a  class act.
I am  honoured to be a
Time Traveler  riding out
from the High Desert with
you 5 nights a week!
     Thank you for return-
ing for us.

With great respect,

Jessica

Thank you BellGab for the roost!

jazmunda

Quote from: Jessicas Place on July 22, 2015, 05:12:24 AM
Thank you BellGab for the roost!

Welcome. Post often and enjoy the ride.

Quote from: jazmunda on July 22, 2015, 05:46:17 AM
Welcome. Post often and enjoy the ride.
Thx
Will do, with 'bells' on

onan

Quote from: Jessicas Place on July 22, 2015, 05:50:52 AM
Thx
Will do, with 'bells' on

I expect to hear bells with your every post.

Quote from: onan on July 22, 2015, 05:52:36 AM
I expect to hear bells with your every post.
I don't knowww - that might get annoying - jingle- ring-ring 😉

AZZERAE

Quote from: SredniVashtar on July 22, 2015, 03:57:56 AM
I try right click and I get nothing. I tried yesterday on my laptop and I am now using another PC and it is exactly the same. I don't have a smart phone (shamefully low tech of me I know, but I don't have a TV either. And, no, I'm not the Unabomber!). It is puzzling and also bloody annoying. I have been looking forward to this for two years like the rest of you and this sucks. I get the stream but I want the download.

Use Firefox. Chrome doesn't work with the Time Traveler archive for downloads.

Right click while hovering over the actual play button/logo. The download link doesn't work.

ponyboysunset

Very easy fix from Chrome, start the desired file playing, then right click on said file, and it will give you an option to save the audio file. I have done that the last two days with no problems at all.

Regarding not being able to afford $5 a month, I am broke as hell, student loan dept up to my ears and I am still swinging it. It's $5. I would have paid $10 easily, it's Art after all. So people pirating is not cool.

Loved this interview as well. Love current events as well as paranormal shows.

aldousburbank

Quote from: slippingaway on July 21, 2015, 09:36:21 PM
Someone, shout out if you know: I understand that ayahuasca is 2 plants because you need 1 with the DMT and the other to neutralize the stomach acids, HOWEVER, isn't there a traditional way of taking ayahuasca where you take JUST the DMT plant, covering burns or abraisions on the skin, as an alternative and longer-lasting vision? Or am I thinking of another drug from South America?
You're probably thing if Sapo, frog spit/scrapings. 

henge0stone

Not a huge fan of politics but the interview last night was riveting. It's good to do current events once and a while especially with Isis and all that's happened since 2013.

Surmo

I enjoyed the Faddis show last night/this morning.  While I would not agree with his views on Snowden, who had no choice but to go public in my eyes, being a former intelligence analyst I can understand where Faddis is coming from.  Plus, he's running for office, and sadly "playing the game" it takes to get elected, like they all do.

That said, Faddis was spot on about Iran, and those attacking him do not address that almost everything he said about the Iran deal being bad is strictly factual and easily verified.  To ignore that opinion cuz he's running for office on the side "you" don't like is to ignore the facts.  Judge the content of the specific issue being discussed.  If you don't, you could have attacked Lincoln in the 1850's and 1860's by saying "Hell, he has represented the one percenters, for he worked for the evil railroads, so ignore all that stuff about saving the Union and abolishing slavery."

Surmo

I do think we need to have a show soon on ayahuasca, and other mind altering substances.  A new Terrance McKenna is needed.  Aldous could probably help us find someone to stand in for McKenna......though there can be no replacement.

Quote from: Surmo on July 22, 2015, 09:08:13 AM
Plus, he's running for office, and sadly "playing the game" it takes to get elected, like they all do.

Yup. I just sent Art Bell a tweet @realDonaldTrump telling him that Art Bell wants to interview him. If enough people tweet, maybe The Donald will take notice.

I wasn't sure of the best way to get his attention so I used the #TrumpforPresident. I figured he will pay attention to those tweets before any other ones that he gets.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: Surmo on July 22, 2015, 09:08:13 AM
I enjoyed the Faddis show last night/this morning.  While I would not agree with his views on Snowden, who had no choice but to go public in my eyes, being a former intelligence analyst I can understand where Faddis is coming from.  Plus, he's running for office, and sadly "playing the game" it takes to get elected, like they all do.

That said, Faddis was spot on about Iran, and those attacking him do not address that almost everything he said about the Iran deal being bad is strictly factual and easily verified.  To ignore that opinion cuz he's running for office on the side "you" don't like is to ignore the facts.  Judge the content of the specific issue being discussed.  If you don't, you could have attacked Lincoln in the 1850's and 1860's by saying "Hell, he has represented the one percenters, for he worked for the evil railroads, so ignore all that stuff about saving the Union and abolishing slavery."

You'd think that after 36 years of nothing but lies and flagrant defiance of the international community people would get the hint that Iran isn't very likely to stick to an agreement. It's like letting Charles Manson out of prison on the promise that he'll behave himself. You don't need to be a time traveler to know that the news 5 years from now will revolve around how Iran isn't adhering to the agreement.

Art should ignore the controversy over last night's guest. Every night is something different. LMH on tonight.

Surmo

If Art's numbers keep going up as they are, Trump might well consider it at some point.  Maybe not yet, but give Art time......

Surmo

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on July 22, 2015, 09:28:22 AM
You'd think that after 36 years of nothing but lies and flagrant defiance of the international community people would get the hint that Iran isn't very likely to stick to an agreement. It's like letting Charles Manson out of prison on the promise that he'll behave himself. You don't need to be a time traveler to know that the news 5 years from now will revolve around how Iran isn't adhering to the agreement.

I used to do this for a living during the late 1980's, during the Iran-Iraq war, and Iran was doing then what they're doing now according to every intelligence report I read.  But people want to pretend they arent.  This isnt Pete Rose betting on baseball, and people pretending it doesn't matter.....this is nuclear weapons, the survival of Israel, and lots of bad shit that will come down on our heads if Obama is wrong.  And, clearly, Obama is wrong on this point.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: Surmo on July 22, 2015, 09:33:23 AM
I used to do this for a living during the late 1980's, during the Iran-Iraq war, and Iran was doing then what they're doing now according to every intelligence report I read.  But people want to pretend they arent.  This isnt Pete Rose betting on baseball, and people pretending it doesn't matter.....this is nuclear weapons, the survival of Israel, and lots of bad shit that will come down on our heads if Obama is wrong.  And, clearly, Obama is wrong on this point.

I agree entirely. This isn't putting one's trust in Obama, this is Obama putting our collective trust in Iran. Iran has never shown itself to be trustworthy, so . . .

But, ya know, people would rather look to tralalalala hope and change escapism or suspect it's all just a plot by the military-industrial complex. It's easier I guess.

LMH tonight. I may call in and demand that she bring the tape recorder back. I miss that thing.

No Quarter

Quote from: Surmo on July 22, 2015, 09:11:23 AM
I do think we need to have a show soon on ayahuasca, and other mind altering substances.  A new Terrance McKenna is needed.  Aldous could probably help us find someone to stand in for McKenna......though there can be no replacement.

I'll volunteer....just as long as I get to do the research      8)

soulburner

I just realized something. Art is so happy about the show being streamed in stereo, but the Time Traveler podcasts are mono. Could they be made stereo, too? It's a very minor thing, especially without the music, but perhaps there are some nuances to Art's and callers' voices?

Also, I understand removing music from the downloads. But currently the audio is simply cut whenever there is music. This means Art is cut too. There is no beginning of the show, the very first few seconds that are so awesome even without The Chase. I used to listen to C2C podcasts and they somehow kept all the spoken parts only without the music. I don't know if it's possible with Art's current hardware, but... it would be grrrreat (I guess Art + guest + callers would have to be one track and the music another, separate track and they'd have to be mixed for the live stream, while only the first track would be recorded for the podcast? Just a theory).

tularosa

I have emailed Keith twice about the dysfunctional archive ie pause/play and download not working.  Still no joy.

If anyone else is having problems please email him

I am using Chrome which I bet many of you are.

AZZERAE

Quote from: soulburner on July 22, 2015, 10:21:10 AM
I just realized something. Art is so happy about the show being streamed in stereo, but the Time Traveler podcasts are mono. Could they be made stereo, too? It's a very minor thing, especially without the music, but perhaps there are some nuances to Art's and callers' voices?

Also, I understand removing music from the downloads. But currently the audio is simply cut whenever there is music. This means Art is cut too. There is no beginning of the show, the very first few seconds that are so awesome even without The Chase. I used to listen to C2C podcasts and they somehow kept all the spoken parts only without the music. I don't know if it's possible with Art's current hardware, but... it would be grrrreat (I guess Art + guest + callers would have to be one track and the music another, separate track and they'd have to be mixed for the live stream, while only the first track would be recorded for the podcast? Just a theory).

These are my sentiments exactly!

Thank God someone else sees it this way.  :)

PathoJen

Quote from: Zenman on July 22, 2015, 01:20:21 AM
BELLACAST       ON NOW
http://bellahaven.paranormal.chat/
Or, for players and such:  http://50.7.71.219:7453/live.m3u

SaucyRossy on now.
Does SaucyRossy every sleep?

CornyCrow

Quote from: Kolchak on July 21, 2015, 08:07:26 PM
I don't buy that someone can't afford $5 a month. That's two medium coffees at Starbucks. It's less than the price of a matinee movie screening or a quarter pounder meal at McDonald's. If you don't have an extra $5 every month, you should probably have someone else in control of your finances.
You may be right about this person, but that's a callous statement.  I was so broke once that I gave up cigarettes (when they were cheap) in order to continue feeding my dog.  I had no car and would walk to wherever I needed to when it was at all possible.  I was working days and taking college courses when I could save enough for them.

Some people do have financial problems. I know a woman who is working 3 part time jobs to keep her head above water.  Another woman, working in a dentist's office, was the only working member of her family when her husband was in construction and work was slow.  They had three sons (whom I would have kicked out) to feed who were contributing NOTHING to the household. 

Some people are the cause of their own problems, but not everyone is.  On top of that, EVERYONE should be saving for their own retirement.  That is not spending money for talk shows.   

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: For Whom the Bell Tolls on July 22, 2015, 07:42:52 AM
Loved this interview as well. Love current events as well as paranormal shows.

yes.  i don't want everything to be all paranormal all the time.  i've always enjoyed the non paranormal, real world topics art covers.

Quote from: MV on July 22, 2015, 11:53:21 AM
yes.  i don't want everything to be all paranormal all the time.  i've always enjoyed the non paranormal, real world topics art covers.

*ding* *ding* *ding*