• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

WhiteCrow

Quote from: PING on July 07, 2015, 10:03:43 AM
Not to rehash the Chunga debacle, but he deserved the savaging he got and more. My main gripe with Chunga was his rewriting of history of GIS.

NOWHERE in any of the old GIS shows was there a mention of Chunga or whatever his real name is. They said repeatedly (I've listened to the old GIS shows repeatedly; my faves) they were 5 people & not taking new members. Then the out of work attention whore DJ comes on making it seem as if he was part of the group from Day 1.

If he had just said 'I've been fascinated by EVP & recently teamed up with Brendan' I think people would have accepted that & there wouldn't have been the vitriol toward him. People don't like being lied to.

That said, I will be glued to the radio/laptop/phone for the return of GIS.

Forgive me, I'm posting on my next to worthless iPad rather than a PC so it next to impossible to bold text and cut and paste to highlight your quoted text.

So your main problem is that Jimmy lied to us about how long he was part of the EVP team.

Given that both Art and listeners had problems with Jimmy's aggressive twist during the broadcast and Art stating that Barbara will return on future EVP broadcasts, the Jimmy 'problem' is rather a mute issue.

So what's left, I contend that Jimmy got a raw deal for two reasons.
1. Jimmy didn't fit into our preconceived model of how an EVP show should be conducted, which was both a fault of Brendan and Jimmy and also listeners not wanting to adjusting to a new format.

2. You stated above that Jimmy lied to us about how long he had been a member of the EVP team and if he didn't lie you'd accept him. If it was a lie then Brendan would be part of the lie too.
Isn't the whole EVP thing based on the honesty, no monetary gain, small group of dedicated people etc.
So you contend that only Jimmy lied while I contend that neither Jimmy lied or Brendan lied by omission, because if they did, it would of shattered the EVP credibility that they worked so hard to maintain through the years.

Jimmy was part of the EVP team from early on and I speculate that Jimmy also played a role as their sound guy, both on site and with studio editing. So there was no lie told about Jimmy's length of time on the EVP team. Don't let your perception of events become your reality.

Quote from: phrodo on July 06, 2015, 11:49:36 PM
Wow - I didn't realize we had a "cool target" for our group hate .. I thought we just picked a random asshat and skewered it on our own. Evidently I am out of the memo-loop. Dammitall. Whoever is in charge of the group hate memos
Group hate? Targets? Come on now. I'll give you that some of us can go off an a rabid tangent, including myself, but targetted group hate...not happenin. A good number of us simply call it as we see it and it's kinda obviously clear in Nori's case that he is an asshat of Abe Lincoln tophat style and deserving of being called out for the bullshit he's spewed and caused and fucking with Art over the years.
Let's drop this group hate crap. That's something a Norryite troll minion would come in here menstrating over.

Quote from: Jocko Johnson on July 06, 2015, 11:42:14 PM
You are correct. It's a fact...Phil Hendrie IS NOT JC.
Thank you. I think it's safe for us to rule out Phil as a suspect in the J.C. saga at this point. Agreed?

Quote from: Jocko Johnson on July 06, 2015, 11:43:05 PM
You met Hillary Clinton?
Absolutely not and I hope I never do. I'm scared of witches.
See, FortRock drafted several of us as Generals in the Art Bell Scorpion Army a few years back due to our loyalty to Mr. Bell. This wasn't a choice and no documents or secrecy oaths signed, but one that was given to us. Fort Rock is de facto, commander of his army and I was requesting and awaiting orders due to my prolonged absence.
I am sure at this very moment Commander FortRock is taking inventory of the MRE's, stinkbombs, piss grenades and other munitions as we speak. He could very well be planning on a Nori siege.

Commander FortRock, request comms. Status 7, over.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: chefist on July 07, 2015, 07:06:14 AM
You are right, Waffle House is the better choice. I think SciFi said it best, Denny's is just too inconsistent...they used to be much better back in the day, but now almost everything they have is pre-packaged, frozen and reheated...the breakfast cooks at WH are experienced at pantry cooking...

Waffle House is delicious. I love the sleazy, greasy feel of the place. When a town I used to live in was debating a smoking ban the local Waffle House manager made the case to the city council that they didn't have any non-smoking patrons.

Ask the SciGuy.  A lot of folks confuse him for an author.

Not as many as you might think. That said I've heard that Dean is rather introverted and not really comfortable with all the attention. He should probably quit making the NYT best seller list if he's going to be that much of a wimp, jeezus. That said I know he listens to Art and might be good for a plug.

WhiteCrow

Quote from: General Johnson Jameson on July 07, 2015, 10:56:18 AM
Group hate? Targets? Come on now. I'll give you that some of us can go off an a rabid tangent, including myself, but targetted group hate...not happenin. A good number of us simply call it as we see it and it's kinda obviously clear in Nori's case that he is an asshat of Abe Lincoln tophat style and deserving of being called out for the bullshit he's spewed and caused and fucking with Art over the years.
Let's drop this group hate crap. That's something a Norryite troll minion would come in here menstrating over.

Yeah right play the Norry DaveBot troll minion card to dis me. Irony to the extreme of as an example of 'group think/group hate' Even Art got caught up in that nonsense with me.

All groups function by taking clues from leaders. These leaders don't need official status, they are natural leaders. 

Take Art for example, he was part of group think/hate thrashing after the dark matter six week fling and with some of the dark matter shows.

Want'a make a bet, that Art will get a pass now with his new shows that of lesser quality because we as a group acting together with a tone set by leaders, have collectively learned to appricate him more now that in the past. We have matured as group any dissing of Art now wil be put down with the group acting as whole mind set, to knock it off.

Want'a talk more about 'group think' and 'group hate' ... It's live and doing well over on the Falkie's thread. (Smiley face serving up brain sandwiches crap)

Skunk Ape

Quote from: NW Kro͞oˈsādər on July 07, 2015, 10:25:54 AM
Noticed MV's absence, Falkie not so much. If you ever needed to wonder why.

They gone to meet up for a Rush concert too?

Quote from: Skunk Ape on July 07, 2015, 11:22:13 AM
They gone to meet up for a Rush concert too?

That I dont know, but I'm sure Falkie has a dirty Rush concert shirt somewhere.

;)

Quote from: WhiteCrow on July 07, 2015, 11:19:06 AM

Yeah right play the Norry DaveBot troll minion card to dis me. Irony to the extreme of as an example of 'group think/group hate' Even Art got caught up in that nonsense with me.

All groups function by taking clues from leaders. These leaders don't need official status, they are natural leaders. 

Take Art for example, he was part of group think/hate thrashing after the dark matter six week fling and with some of the dark matter shows.

Want'a make a bet, that Art will get a pass now with his new shows that of lesser quality because we as a group acting together with a tone set by leaders, have collectively learned to appricate him more now that in the past. We have matured as group any dissing of Art now wil be put down with the group acting as whole mind set, to knock it off.

Want'a talk more about 'group think' and 'group hate' ... It's live and doing well over on the Falkie's thread. (Smiley face serving up brain sandwiches crap)
I wasn't here for the D/M. "Play the Nori troll card to dis you"? Sure, why not. You haven't impressed me much from what I've read of yours and basically seem to just start shit. You damn sure don't have a problem keeping the shit stirred. Do something original and not get involved and move on to another thread wiseguy.

PaulAtreides

Quote from: Lunger on July 07, 2015, 07:59:35 AM
I was 28 and at Denny's once and realized then that this was the first time I was eating there sober.

I don't believe I've ever been back.

SaucyRossy

Hi everyone, I made a new trailer to help with the blitz. Please share it on social media. Hope you all enjoy it.

http://youtu.be/KcetVjbqmE8

chefist

Quote from: SaucyRossy on July 07, 2015, 12:06:23 PM
Hi everyone, I made a new trailer to help with the blitz. Please share it on social media. Hope you all enjoy it.

it's awesome Rossy!

RoseGirl

That is so wonderful and so intense. I love it. I especially like the thunder sound at the end. And where is that quote from 'who thinks to go to bed before midnight is a scoundrel'? It's just the best!

SaucyRossy

Quote from: RoseGirl on July 07, 2015, 12:14:21 PM
That is so wonderful and so intense. I love it. I especially like the thunder sound at the end. And where is that quote from 'who thinks to go to bed before midnight is a scoundrel'? It's just the best!

I intentionally left the quotes unsourced to hopefully make people google them and read about the people. Haha

K_Dubb

Magnificent!  Art's voice crackles with intelligence.  What we've been missing, indeed.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: SaucyRossy on July 07, 2015, 12:17:59 PM

I intentionally left the quotes unsourced to hopefully make people google them and read about the people. Haha

Brilliant trailer!

RoseGirl

Quote from: SaucyRossy on July 07, 2015, 12:17:59 PM

Oh Rossy.....you just so very Saucy. lol

It's off to google I go!

PathoJen

LOVE IT!! "anyone who goes to be before midnight is a scoundrel" made me giggle. :)

Quote from: PathoJen on July 07, 2015, 08:38:27 AM
Summers at the beach are always cool. At my beach, ya I own a beach, the marine layer hasn't lifted in days and days, and the temp remains a steady 68 degrees. So ya, 72 sounds about right for San Diego.

Those now-regular daily highs of 80 to 85 degrees I quoted were taken from our outside digital thermometer, in a shaded grassy spot 50 feet from the ocean and at an elevation of maybe ten feet, way up near Vancouver.  So, I'm still pretty surprised.

PathoJen

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on July 07, 2015, 12:57:57 PM
Those now-regular daily highs of 80 to 85 degrees I quoted were taken from our outside digital thermometer, in a shaded grassy spot 50 feet from the ocean and at an elevation of maybe eight feet, way up near Vancouver.  So, I'm still pretty surprised.
80-85 F is more typical for a fall day in Souther California. We are talking Fahrenheit right GFP?

VegasI15

Quote from: Art Bell on July 06, 2015, 11:51:33 PM
Anybody putting up Blitz messages thank you, I know it's not easy. I tried a big Trucker site and got banned for the effort.

Art

Art, Real bummer!  Denny's is truly inconsistent.  Some are immaculate and you almost feel like you are in a upscale restaurant.  Others should not even be open.  Too bad Jollibee isn't open 24/7. 

Art Bell

Shocking Bill Cosby was just quoted on CNN as saying that in Las Vegas he met Ms. Redacted and had sex with her.

Art

VegasI15

Quote from: PathoJen on July 07, 2015, 01:00:50 PM
80-85 F is more typical for a fall day in Souther California. We are talking Fahrenheit right GFP?

80-85 during the summer in Los Angeles is typical because it is more inland.  San Diego being right off the coast 70 F is normal.  Now if you go more inland than Los Angeles you'll run into the High Desert around Baker.  Hot hot hot!

SaucyRossy

Quote from: Art Bell on July 07, 2015, 01:06:43 PM
Shocking Bill Cosby was just quoted on CNN as saying that in Las Vegas he met Ms. Redacted and had sex with her.

Art

Either this is a inside joke or a very lame attempt by Dave bots of hacking.

Quote from: PathoJen on July 07, 2015, 01:00:50 PM

Yeah, so actually it has been falling between 26 and 28 C during the afternoons.  My conversion may not have been perfect.  It has been uncharacteristically warm this year and I'm probably remembering the hot days more than the cooler ones.

VegasI15

Art

Quote from: SaucyRossy on July 07, 2015, 01:10:21 PM

Either this is a inside joke or a very lame attempt by Dave bots of hacking.

This may have been directed my way since I was defending Mr. Cosby a while back on this same forum.  In any case I'll retract my statements regarding Mr. Cosby and his case.  And just say that I should have tried some remote viewing before sticking foot in mouth.  :p

WhiteCrow

Art

A+    ....that'a boy

SaucyRossy

Quote from: VegasI15 on July 07, 2015, 01:19:08 PM
This may have been directed my way since I was defending Mr. Cosby a while back on this same forum.  In any case I'll retract my statements regarding Mr. Cosby and his case.  And just say that I should have tried some remote viewing before sticking foot in mouth.  :p

Oh ok inside joke then.