• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: Art Bell on July 06, 2015, 11:49:24 PM
Hi everybody, just got back from a trip cut short to San Diego where I got sick as a dog from something I ate at Denny's, jeez I was sick. Really a bummer because it cut short our trip.

Art

Denny's is really freaking inconsistent. Some of them are great, I love the "Moon over My Hammy" sandwich but one Denny's might make a great one but another can make you sick and taste like rotten maple syrup. Just no consistency standards.

Get well and be sure to send Dave a recommendation for that Denny's location on the 19th.

WhiteCrow

Quote from: Art Bell on July 06, 2015, 11:51:33 PM
Anybody putting up Blitz messages thank you, I know it's not easy. I tried a big Trucker site and got banned for the effort.

Art

At last.... Maybe a way I can help with the blitz.
Art I have a knack to get my point across, when I want to :)

If care to, PM me the trucker site links, and I'll spend some time working my magic with good ol boy posts.

phrodo

Quote from: Art Bell on July 07, 2015, 12:14:05 AM
We went there to get a break from the heat but should have stayed home, sick at 72 degrees is still sick.

Art

Heat at 72 degrees? Is that a typo? 92 maybe .. 102 yes indeed .. 82 a welcome relief .. but 72 is like a cool Spring evening here.

Quote from: phrodo on July 07, 2015, 12:28:01 AM
Heat at 72 degrees? Is that a typo? 92 maybe .. 102 yes indeed .. 82 a welcome relief .. but 72 is like a cool Spring evening here.

I was surprised to read that too.  Even up here along the coast in Canada it's been in the low to mid 80s for what seems like a couple months. 

jazmunda

Anybody putting up Blitz messages thank you, I know it's not easy. I tried a big Trucker site and got banned for the effort.

Art

Surely this is a case of mistaken identity or Dave has the trucking industry on his payroll.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on July 07, 2015, 12:30:24 AM
I was surprised to read that too.  Even up here along the coast in Canada it's been in the low to mid 80s for what seems like a couple months.

Much of the US has been unusually cool. It should be 95 degrees here in the Midwest but it hasn't been, coolest Spring I've seen in years.

WhiteCrow

Quote from: (Redacted) on July 06, 2015, 08:32:17 PM

And it's high time to hit The Blitz full on.

Yeah well, Ms Redacted you could help the blitz with some bio info.
We know a lot about all the other hosts of Gabcasts from listening and reading their posts.
We know nothing about you!

Am I completely clueless? I can't see how this lady of mystery persona is helping to build interest in Art's new show.

Heather Wade

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on July 07, 2015, 12:21:52 AM
Denny's is really freaking inconsistent. Some of them are great, I love the "Moon over My Hammy" sandwich but one Denny's might make a great one but another can make you sick and taste like rotten maple syrup. Just no consistency standards.

Get well and be sure to send Dave a recommendation for that Denny's location on the 19th.

Went to a Denny's in Massachusetts once, ordered a burger and they served it raw. 

Art

This is actually funny. What forum would ban Art Bell? I have had nothing but good responses when posting to forums.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: (Redacted) on July 07, 2015, 12:39:39 AM

Went to a Denny's in Massachusetts once, ordered a burger and they served it raw.

Yup, they don't even have the standards of freaking McDonalds. Sucks, I really like their breakfast food when it's done right. That said I've been blitzing! I may have another author I know that's willing to tweet it out, but negotiations are ongoing.

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on July 07, 2015, 12:44:58 AM
Yup, they don't even have the standards of freaking McDonalds. Sucks, I really like their breakfast food. That said I've been blitzing! I may have another author I know that's willing to tweet it out, but negotiations are ongoing.

Great. keep up the good work.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: nooryisawesome on July 07, 2015, 12:45:51 AM
Great. keep up the good work.

I don't know Dean Koontz, but I had to wonder if we should all email him, compliment him on his books and ask him to shoot out a promotion. I know he listens to Art.

Lt.Uhura

Glad you're feeling better Art.

Embracing the Blitz, patiently awaiting July 20th...

phrodo

Quote from: Lt.Uhura on July 07, 2015, 12:52:13 AM
Glad you're feeling better Art.

Embracing the Blitz, patiently awaiting July 20th...

PERFECT!!  ;D

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on July 07, 2015, 12:48:42 AM
I don't know Dean Koontz, but I had to wonder if we should all email him, compliment him on his books and ask him to shoot out a promotion. I know he listens to Art.

Yes. Also ask if he will mention art on Facebook or Twitter. Arts interviewed him.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: nooryisawesome on July 07, 2015, 12:57:47 AM
Yes. Also ask if he will mention art on Facebook or Twitter. Arts interviewed him.

I think Art should also start an AMA on Reddit.

Morgus

Quote from: phrodo on July 06, 2015, 11:32:01 PM
I think the original JC was also a caller by the name of Captain Democrat ..or something like that .. heard him call in on an archive show and swore that was JC... same inflections , same delivery , same tonality to his voice .. just a tad toned-down from the JC insanity.. but FIRMLY believe it's the same character voice.
You must be referring to a frequent caller in the early 1990s, "Doc" Democrat?
That was when Art's c2cam was more political when Clinton was president.

Scorch

Hello all,

I may be late to the party, just got subscribed to the show.  My late brother Mitch introduced me to Art many years ago.  He passed three weeks ago.  Really wish he was here to enjoy y'all and Art.  I've become a big fan of the Gabcast and all the silliness that is this thing we call Bellgab.  He and I had some fun conversations in recent months about all this.

When this is all over, WOW what a ride! (forgive me) what memories I'll have for the rest of my life.

Quote from: Scorch on July 07, 2015, 01:17:44 AM
Hello all,

I may be late to the party, just got subscribed to the show.  My late brother Mitch introduced me to Art many years ago.  He passed three weeks ago.  Really wish he was here to enjoy y'all and Art.  I've become a big fan of the Gabcast and all the silliness that is this thing we call Bellgab.  He and I had some fun conversations in recent months about all this.

When this is all over, WOW what a ride! (forgive me) what memories I'll have for the rest of my life.

Sorry to hear about your brother. Who knows maybe they let people tune in up stairs in heaven.

phrodo

Quote from: Morgus on July 07, 2015, 01:09:39 AM
You must be referring to a frequent caller in the early 1990s, "Doc" Democrat?
That was when Art's c2cam was more political when Clinton was president.

Yep may have indeed been Doc Democrat -- just know it was something Democrat ... had the same tonal quality to his voice and just slightly less fanatical/agitated sounding -- but VERY similar. When I heard him I thought it was JC immediately. 

Heather Wade

Hello all,

Glad you could bravely join the insanity here, but sorry to hear about your brother. 

SciFiAuthor

Hello all,

Sorry for your loss man, but jump right in. The ride is only going to get better.

jazmunda

Hello all,

Sorry for your loss.

Quote from: 21st Century Man on July 06, 2015, 11:16:22 PM
After listening to Hoagie for 20 years, I don't find him compelling unless he gets really pissed off so I think we should assault Hoagie with insults.  It will only make his show better listenable.

What do you expect from a joint that thought that the name Sambo's was ok until they were forced to change it to Denny's
Quote from: (Redacted) on July 07, 2015, 12:39:39 AM

Scorch

Quote from: nooryisawesome on July 07, 2015, 01:22:02 AM
Sorry to hear about your brother. Who knows maybe they let people tune in up stairs in heaven.

Thank you!  I listen to all the Gabcast since Episode #1, can't call in because I work in the evenings.  Have come to really enjoy all of you and your chemistry.  Been reading the board for a couple of years, don't post much, rarely have anything of note to share.

I gave my brother a 2-meter handheld to take with him on his journey.  It's like a kinda big walkie-talkie with a belt clip.  Was too scared to try to put it on his belt, so I clipped it to his front jeans pocket.  Every "ham" needs a radio!  Maybe he'll contact Art for the Halloween show.

He was only 7 years older than I, 53.  Too damn young!

To the cast and crew of the Gabcast:
Please forgive me for this if it's a little too heavy, it's meant to be happy.
My brother was diagnosed 12/2013 with stage 4 (terminal) colon cancer.  He had surgery/chemo and was doing well until the first of May of 2015.  In his last two weeks, I shared bellgab.com and The Gabcast with him again, as he was looking for a little escape from the reality of his last days.  My hope is he tuned in to hear you and hopefully himself laugh at what we call this enigma "bellgab".  You have and continue to give me some great entertainment.  My hope is he was able to enjoy all of you.  Especially the "Emergency Gabcast" just as the redirection "gabgate"? occurred.  That had me RIVETED to my phone!!  With MV nowhere to be found, it SIMPLY COULD HAVE NOT BEEN BETTER.  Bravo!

Hello all,

I'm sorry for what you are probably going through right now.  It's going to sound weird, but coming Bellgab helped me get through the loss of a family member not long ago just by being able to come here and reliably interact with some like-minded and some not so like-minded people.  Best of luck to you.

pate

Not to put a "feel bad" on this whole thread...

BUT, tomorrow I get to "put to sleep" an old friend of mine, perhaps it is today, Ima bit drunk.

Cats are not dawgs... and this dog isn't ordinary (show me a cat that isn't ordinary)...

I really do apologize, Art, for my foolishness these past few days.

We have an appointment at 1530 today, and after that I travel north to bury an old friend...

Dogs are not catz...

That is all...

ediot: Dammit, I forgot this vid:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPCjC543llU

Raise a toast and the "Black Flag" to my old friend, Ursula... or not...

As you wish..

Scorch

Quote from: pate on July 07, 2015, 03:32:39 AM
Cats are not dawgs... and this dog isn't ordinary (show me a cat that isn't ordinary)...
Dogs are not catz...

No, they are not.  They are family.