• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

cweb

No more mention of Art, which is good. Some funnies still here...
QuoteDark Matter Radio brought in Jimmy and made FADE to BLACK the anchor show on the network. The show covers ufolgy, lost civilizations, paranormal and conspiracies...focusing on a new-generation audience. FADE to BLACK is now one of the highest-rated paranormal radio programs on the internet...
(emphasis added)

I loves me some ufolgy. Almost as much as flmjirgindy.

serenity

Quote from: b_dubb on May 29, 2015, 08:25:45 AM
Activate nasal DOUCHE!!!

Sorry but that gives me the willys   ???

Cwn Annwn

I'm late to this party, but I have to agree with most others that ChimiChunga is pretty crap. He is like the Guy Ferry of the paranormal world. Hopefully Art will have an ample pool of excellent guests to draw from so as not to require the return of Chimichanga.

chefist

I know that their website just directs to a couple of emails and a FB page that had a post that is about 2 years old...seems like perhaps they don't even investigate anymore...

sydtron

You know that lady with the nasal teapot had done miles of toomeric lines in the 70's.

Also. Those eyes are staring down MV's bird. Lol

ItsOver

Quote from: zeebo on May 28, 2015, 11:32:23 PM
I may be imagining this, but several times now I've posted something on our Astronomy thread, and later the same day the article showed up on c2c.  I mean if they're lifting material from an obscure squirrel, just think what they'd do with Art's leads.

Yeah, Zeeb.  First squirrels, who knows who's next.

ItsOver

Quote from: Nick el Ass on May 29, 2015, 01:08:45 AM
I must confess I rarely watched the X-Files during its original run.
Heretic.

ItsOver

Quote from: Nick el Ass on May 29, 2015, 01:30:24 AM
No surprise, or coincidences. Gnoory wuz here yesterday.

[Add To Buddy List]
Send PM
Show Posts
Show Stats

Date Registered: August 12, 2013, 10:43:27 PM
Local Time: May 29, 2015, 02:27:22 AM
Last Active: Yesterday at 11:40:34 PM

I thought I noticed the odor of freshly processed eucalyptus leaves.

eddie dean

Quote from: Marc.Knight on May 29, 2015, 06:25:06 AM
The dead-pan crazy look on her face is more jarring than the nose water trick.

That lady looks like comedian Maria Bamford.
The dead-pan look and delievery reminds me of something Bambford would do

Heather Wade

Quote from: serenity on May 29, 2015, 05:13:13 AM
Using the ancient art of SWAG ( Scientific Wild Ass Guessing ) and my mastery of the Ed Dames taught art of causing others to break wind from afar, I can say with absolute inaccuracy that there will be a huge War in the Desert on the 19th/20th of July. I can see it now, a huge EMP burst causing baby monitors the world over to explode. ( Redacted's ) call-in re-routed to C2C in the voice of Dora the Explorer. PremRat's archives being burned to the ground leaving only Art's calls from JC and a Nuclear cloud from a gigantic Fart bomb over LA. Over Clyde Lewis's opening theme music ( My mind must be Free by Utah Saint's ) comes an ominous voice saying ........The loud speaker spoke up and said................ART BELL! And suddenly,  listeners the world over tuned into DMDN, ( Redacted ) is re-routed back to "The Kingdom of NYE"  (where she belongs) and you hear these words. In the Darkest time between Midnight and Dawn, From the High Desert, Deep in the Kingdom of Nye, it's Art Bell's Midnight in the Desert........

And all was right with the world.

This will be EPIC!
The name and trademark of ( Redacted ) used without the authors permission. (Please don't beat me again ;) )

Addendum: In further news Noory suffers a nervous breakdown while on air and can be found on the 8th floor of LA General . George cannot receive visitors due to the hospital staff being unable to stop him from banging his head against the wall screaming "I own this slot, it's mine, MINE MINE, Damnit Charlie Charlie, you promised! "

Protions of this missive can be had for use provided you pay in Mountain Dew and Cheetos

Got such a belly laugh from your finely crafted post.  It's going to be wild times ahead...

Heather Wade

Quote from: ItsOver on May 29, 2015, 10:14:40 AM
Heretic.

I'm shipping him my extra Season 1 - 4 dvd collection.  We can't have this.   ;D

ItsOver

Quote from: (Redacted) on May 29, 2015, 10:51:40 AM
I'm shipping him my extra Season 1 - 4 dvd collection.  We can't have this.   ;D
Good show!  He must be saved.

Queen

Quote from: MV on May 29, 2015, 01:29:08 AM

Woman with short hair like this are lesbians. Or trying to look like one.

Please be kind and send her a flannal shirt. Request an invite to her tuperwear party as well!!

RoseGirl

Quote from: bateman on May 29, 2015, 01:06:02 AM
Sort of related, but not really: X-Files starts shooting next week in Vancouver

http://www.denofgeek.us/tv/the-x-files/243258/the-x-files-revival-news-smoking-man-confirmed-duchovny-cries-and-more

Oh gawd....say it isn't so. I live in Vancouver and back when the show was going, they filmed a couple of episodes of X-files at my house. What an ordeal. oye. That David guy was such a nasty sort and he brought his little dog named 'baby' to the set. So stupid. Chris Carter was nice...kept writing on a lap-top in the back yard while they filmed. And some guy was wandering around sculpting an alien fetus on the front lawn. There was probably about 300 crew there and they even painted the whole front of my house for one shot. They paid us 700 dollars a day to film there and had a ton of security folks at night guarding the equipment.

It was the season ending episode where they found the people floating in tanks of water in the garage. My front room was the doctor's office. And if you listen really carefully you can hear my cat's bell in the background. Director hated me for that...lol.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: RoseGirl on May 29, 2015, 11:06:33 AM
That David guy was such a nasty sort and he brought his little dog named 'baby' to the set.

i've always thought he was a douche.

...They paid us 700 dollars a day to film there and had a ton of security folks at night guarding the equipment...

Hardly sounds like enough to pay for any incidental damage incurred.

RoseGirl

Quote from: MV on May 29, 2015, 11:09:28 AM
i've always thought he was a douche.

Total. He had his own little chair with his name on it to sit and he always ALWAYS stayed close by the Director and Chris Carter. No one was allowed to talk to him...ever. He hated Canadians and even referred to us as 'ice niggers'. Too bad Gillian wasn't in any of those shots....cause I would have loved to meet her. Sexy as the day is long, eh?

I made some nice friends with a couple of crew members....the props director said the most icky shots he ever had to deal with was the time on the show when an evil guy handled a dead rat in his car and then licked his fingers. eww....he said they had to hide behind the seat and quickly wash his hand with disinfectant before he licked his fingers. So gross. Can't believe they used real rats, but they did.

They catering lady hated me though. I keep eating all the little cucumber sandwiches. lol.

Needle woman

Quote from: serenity on May 29, 2015, 05:13:13 AM. In the Darkest time between Midnight and Dawn, From the High Desert, Deep in the Kingdom of Nye, it's Art Bell's Midnight in the Desert........

Art

Please consider Serenity's lead in for your show, it's good!

Serenity.....strong work.....Mountain Dew and Cheetos will arrive at your door soon.

RoseGirl

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on May 29, 2015, 11:13:50 AM
Hardly sounds like enough to pay for any incidental damage incurred.

Actually, there was no damage at all. They even painted the whole outside of the house, planted flowers all over the yard and installed several fake roof hatches in the hallway ceiling. Everything went back to normal when they left...had a huge clean up crew...and they left the house painted because we liked the colour. Even the streets were dried by a street cleaner guy (every shot for nighttime they bring in a huge truck and spray the streets with water because wet pavement apparently gives more atmosphere on the camera or something).

Anyway...these people had MONEY and they weren't afraid to throw it around. Sheesh.

eddie dean

Oh gawd....say it isn't so. I live in Vancouver and back when the show was going, they filmed a couple of episodes of X-files at my house. What an ordeal. oye. That David guy was such a nasty sort and he brought his little dog named 'baby' to the set. So stupid. Chris Carter was nice...kept writing on a lap-top in the back yard while they filmed. And some guy was wandering around sculpting an alien fetus on the front lawn. There was probably about 300 crew there and they even painted the whole front of my house for one shot. They paid us 700 dollars a day to film there and had a ton of security folks at night guarding the equipment.

It was the season ending episode where they found the people floating in tanks of water in the garage. My front room was the doctor's office. And if you listen really carefully you can hear my cat's bell in the background. Director hated me for that...lol.

That's cool that they filmed at your house!  although I can understand what a hassle it would be. I hope they cleaned up their mess and returned your house to it's original state. Did you get to keep any props?  Take any pictures?
Neat story RoseGirl!

serenity

Quote from: (Redacted) on May 29, 2015, 10:51:40 AM

Perhaps an urn of coffee and a porta potty as well. He must be equipped correctly.

serenity

Quote from: Needle woman on May 29, 2015, 11:17:26 AM
Art

Please consider Serenity's lead in for your show, it's good!

Serenity.....strong work.....Mountain Dew and Cheetos will arrive at your door soon.

Thank you I do have hopes.....lol
And thank you Redacted, you made my day

RoseGirl

Quote from: eddie dean on May 29, 2015, 11:32:13 AM
That's cool that they filmed at your house!  although I can understand what a hassle it would be. I hope they cleaned up their mess and returned your house to it's original state. Did you get to keep any props?  Take any pictures?
Neat story RoseGirl!

It was a great experience. They had cables and tracks all over the floors in the hallways of our house...so they could move the camera smoothly; the camera was on a little scooter like contraption and the director sat on the back of it. Well, sometimes he watched on a screen from the sidelines.

So many people were there. And it all ran like a military kind of operation with the Director as the general. Mostly I stood right behind the camera for most of the shots...it was so cool. They even have a small crew of people for 'community relations' that kept me, my roommates and the neighbours happy.

Cameras and pictures were absolutely VERBOTTEN. Not even the crew was allowed on set with a camera. Would have been cool though to get pictures. Big no-no though.

chefist

Did Duchovny hit on you? He had to go into sex rehab a few years back...

RoseGirl

Quote from: chefist on May 29, 2015, 11:40:23 AM
Did Duchovny hit on you? He had to go into sex rehab a few years back...

lol ...no...he was too busy trying to stay close to Chris Carter and the director. You could tell they were a bit annoyed by him. There was a small group of fans that showed up and he gave them autographs. I had no interest in talking to him...he put out such snooty 'Im so special' kind of vibes.

Oh and they used my bills from my mailbox in the shot where Mulder looks at the mail in the mailbox and reads they names. They just put a different label over my bills from the power company and the telephone bill. lol. So....my debts are on the tellie now.

They were also interviewing people to find out how long they could hold their breath. Apparently there was a shot in the script where some guys had to stay underwater in tanks for a few minutes. Eventually they went to the local scuba diving club and got divers for the shots. That part was filmed at a studio in North Vancouver though.

FortRock

Quote from: Art Bell on May 28, 2015, 09:04:36 PM
Yes they have and it worries me a bit, I was not and am not trying to build another Terrestrial Network.

Art

I WAS DEEPLY INVOLVED IN MONITORING TALK RADIO GOING BACK TO HERB JEPKO'S NITECAPS SHOW AS MANY OF YOU
KNOW. RADIO STATIONS REMIND ME OF TODDLERS WHO NEED HELP EVERY 2 MINUTES, THEY SEEM NOT TO BE ABLE TO
THINK THEMSELVES OUT OF A TISSUE-PAPER SACK!

BUT IF YOUR A RADIO STATION WHO WANT THE MAGICK OR MAJICK OF ART BELL, CALL KEITH NOW! JOIN THE SCORPION
ARMY PROPAGANDA NEWS SERVICE! BE THE MOST POWERFULLY INFORMED STATION IN YOUR MARKET!

chefist

Quote from: RoseGirl on May 29, 2015, 11:49:08 AM

They were also interviewing people to find out how long they could hold their breath. Apparently there was a shot in the script where some guys had to stay underwater in tanks for a few minutes. Eventually they went to the local scuba diving club and got divers for the shots. That part was filmed at a studio in North Vancouver though.

Was this the episode?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Erlenmeyer_Flask

aldousburbank

Quote from: FortRock on May 29, 2015, 11:54:27 AM
I WAS DEEPLY INVOLVED IN MONITORING TALK RADIO GOING BACK TO HERB JEPKO'S NITECAPS SHOW AS MANY OF YOU
KNOW. RADIO STATIONS REMIND ME OF TODDLERS WHO NEED HELP EVERY 2 MINUTES, THEY SEEM NOT TO BE ABLE TO
THINK THEMSELVES OUT OF A TISSUE-PAPER SACK!

BUT IF YOUR A RADIO STATION WHO WANT THE MAGICK OR MAJICK OF ART BELL, CALL KEITH NOW! JOIN THE SCORPION
ARMY PROPAGANDA NEWS SERVICE! BE THE MOST POWERFULLY INFORMED STATION IN YOUR MARKET!
WHAT ABOUT KTNN?