• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

inuk2600

Quote from: MV on May 29, 2015, 01:29:08 AM

Never seen one of those in action before. Very informative and highly amusing.

jazmunda

Quote from: Nick el Ass on May 29, 2015, 01:30:24 AM
No surprise, or coincidences. Gnoory wuz here yesterday.

[Add To Buddy List]
Send PM
Show Posts
Show Stats

Date Registered: August 12, 2013, 10:43:27 PM
Local Time: May 29, 2015, 02:27:22 AM
Last Active: Yesterday at 11:40:34 PM

I guess I should have changed my underwear.

coaster

That woman with the sinus issues has more serious shit to worry about than brewing up some snot tea. She has dead, soulless eyes. She looks like Terri Schiavo.

Heather Wade

Quote from: Art Bell on May 28, 2015, 10:52:26 PM
We are going to do some new stuff I wish I could tell you about but I have learned my lesson, it would be stolen and I don't want that to happen.

This really is going to be fun, prepare for the unexpected.

Art

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQqwG_rQx7A

Nick el Ass

Quote from: jazmunda on May 29, 2015, 01:32:41 AM
I guess I should have changed my underwear.

He lives with Tommy so you need not worry.

Queen

Quote from: MV on May 29, 2015, 01:31:19 AM
george... hi, sugar.
U know.george called in to ur show. My guess is he misunderstood what george noory sucks ment. He prolly thought he was going to get head lol. Poor dave.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: coaster on May 29, 2015, 01:33:27 AM
She looks like Terri Schiavo.

So THAT'S it.  I was trying to figure out why that .gif was getting me worked up.

coaster

Quote from: MV on May 29, 2015, 01:34:53 AM
So THAT'S it.  I was trying to figure out why that .gif was getting me worked up.
that and her hair.

inuk2600

Quote from: MV on May 29, 2015, 01:34:53 AM

The whole petoi. Staring robotic bend, blink eyes into head tilt, perfect coupling of pot to nostril without diverting gaze. The whole thing, just perfect.

Quote from: inuk2600 on May 29, 2015, 01:39:45 AM
The whole petoi. Staring robotic bend, blink eyes into head tilt, perfect coupling of pot to nostril without diverting gaze. The whole thing, just perfect.

This is poetry.

inuk2600

Quote from: Étouffée on May 29, 2015, 01:47:34 AM

This is poetry.

Or word salad, the diphenhydramine is taking effect

Heather Wade

Quote from: jazmunda on May 29, 2015, 01:15:16 AM
For me The X-Files and Art Bell are inexorably linked.

My love of The X-Files fueled my Art Bell fire.

So much yes.

WhiteCrow

Quote from: Daggit on May 29, 2015, 12:48:07 AM
It does not surprise me that you are a fan of Chunga.

Mr Daggit, I'd rather listen to Barbara,  and I too didn't like the new 'punkie'er' style of Chunga and apparent fakery of the new longer playing EVPs. But take away all the past knowledge of Barbara's shows, for a new listener being exposed to EVPs for the first time,  the Chunga show IMHO still would have a lot of the old magical appeal. Give it a re-listen, It wasn't nearly as bad as I remembered it live.

WhiteCrow

Quote from: MV on May 29, 2015, 01:25:23 AM
He is so far above us.  We're like ropes on the Goodyear Blimp.

Yep Bill sure had Richard's 'number'   :). .. One of my favorite movies.
Starting to feel the ice cracking under my feet, so time to say good night all and better tomorrows.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: WhiteCrow on May 29, 2015, 02:11:10 AM
Starting to feel the ice cracking under my feet...

Poor feller.

Heather Wade

Quote from: Art Bell on May 28, 2015, 10:56:33 PM
Redacted have you decided on a air name? Redacted would be great.... Or your choice.

Art

Who cares about parenthesis?  Art, I'd just like to say:

Queen

Quote from: Nick el Ass on May 29, 2015, 01:23:19 AM
Quote from: NIN on May 29, 2015, 01:20:22 AM
IMMMMMMMMMM

BAAAAAAA C CCCC C K

Thanks MV

Welcome back.

Thank you thankyou no need to stand up for me 😄

Nick el Ass

Quote from: NIN on May 29, 2015, 02:22:33 AM
Thank you thankyou no need to stand up for me

Why not? After all BellGab is like one really weird family.

Queen

Quote from: Nick el Ass on May 29, 2015, 02:34:34 AM
Quote from: NIN on May 29, 2015, 02:22:33 AM
Thank you thankyou no need to stand up for me

Why not? After all BellGab is like one really weird family.
Family??  *sneeks inside arts family vault* lol

Queen

As far as the GIS go i think they lost alot of credablitly having chunga on. All those years with art they always said their was 5 members. Barbara roger brendan jenny and barry. Then all of a sudden chunga has been apart of the GIS forever????  Makes me wonder if the voices were reL or faked to just get on the radio now. I dunno.

Nick el Ass

I think GIS got fake once Chunganobunga got involved. After all he is a dj with a computer, and I bet he doctored up some audio clips.

I always linked Unsolved Mysteries and Robert Stack with Art Bell (more than the X-Files).

Queen

Quote from: Nick el Ass on May 29, 2015, 02:58:38 AM
I think GIS got fake once Chunganobunga got involved. After all he is a dj with a computer, and I bet he doctored up some audio clips.

I question it all now.  They were my favorit guests. Im listening to the gis right now. But now i have doubts. I didnt befor chunga.  Had they of brought roger or jenny or barry on it would of been cool. But to add chunga out of nowhere makes me wonder.

coaster

I thought Cowachunga had said he joined their team to help promote them or because he had better equipment or something. I don't think they meant for him to make fake evps or anything. They seemed like two honest, down to earth people. Just made a mistake with Chunga.

ks3484

Quote from: WhiteCrow on May 28, 2015, 11:34:39 PM
Why stop there?  Leverage out the cash flow, betcha Art will be able to balance the National Debt and buy everyone in the world a new shortwave radio, to listen to his show.

$5.00 x 12 months = $60.00 per year x 6 billion people = $360 Billion per year @ 50% = $180 Billion cash flow per year. Debt Service Coverage ratio of 1 = cash flow to support a $1.3 trillion loan amortized over 30 years @ 4% interest rate fixed.

Yep your projections are right. Art can balance the national debt in 30 years if only 50% of the people in the world subscribe.

I don't think that Art Bell could be convinced to saddle his new company with any debt like taking out loans against his company's cash flows, his equipment, or his company's equity.  However, I think that if his revenues and cash flows peak but fail to stabilize , then, and only then do I think he would more amiable to an IPO. Since investments are always seen as having risks there would be little pressure from the stock owners for an immediate ROI. Especially if he reinvests any profits back into his company, or if he does a stock split, or a stock buy back.

serenity

Using the ancient art of SWAG ( Scientific Wild Ass Guessing ) and my mastery of the Ed Dames taught art of causing others to break wind from afar, I can say with absolute inaccuracy that there will be a huge War in the Desert on the 19th/20th of July. I can see it now, a huge EMP burst causing baby monitors the world over to explode. ( Redacted's ) call-in re-routed to C2C in the voice of Dora the Explorer. PremRat's archives being burned to the ground leaving only Art's calls from JC and a Nuclear cloud from a gigantic Fart bomb over LA. Over Clyde Lewis's opening theme music ( My mind must be Free by Utah Saint's ) comes an ominous voice saying ........The loud speaker spoke up and said................ART BELL! And suddenly,  listeners the world over tuned into DMDN, ( Redacted ) is re-routed back to "The Kingdom of NYE"  (where she belongs) and you hear these words. In the Darkest time between Midnight and Dawn, From the High Desert, Deep in the Kingdom of Nye, it's Art Bell's Midnight in the Desert........

And all was right with the world.

This will be EPIC!
The name and trademark of ( Redacted ) used without the authors permission. (Please don't beat me again ;) )

Addendum: In further news Noory suffers a nervous breakdown while on air and can be found on the 8th floor of LA General . George cannot receive visitors due to the hospital staff being unable to stop him from banging his head against the wall screaming "I own this slot, it's mine, MINE MINE, Damnit Charlie Charlie, you promised! "

Protions of this missive can be had for use provided you pay in Mountain Dew and Cheetos

Marc.Knight

Quote from: Art Bell on May 28, 2015, 08:59:26 PM
I think those big get togethers are fine if you like them. I do not think I ever went to one in all the Years I was on air. Just a matter of what you like.

We are indeed starting to get requests from Radio stations now. I guess it is fine but they have to take the show as is. We will limit commercials to a max of six minutes per Hour. We really designed this for live streaming not Broadcast but what the heck.

I am back working on the Studio Tomorrow, it's like a work of Art (no pun intended) that never gets done.

Art

ihARTradio

Marc.Knight

Quote from: MV on May 29, 2015, 01:29:08 AM

The dead-pan crazy look on her face is more jarring than the nose water trick.

Quote from: NIN on May 29, 2015, 02:52:19 AM
...  Makes me wonder if the voices were reL or faked to just get on the radio now. I dunno.

Now we're getting somewhere

Skunk Ape

Quote from: bateman on May 29, 2015, 01:12:47 AM
Seasons 1-4.

I'm going through it for the first time on Netflix. I'm on season 3 now and I've only heard it takes a nose dive after 4...

I watched Dark Skies for the first time ~two years ago and it was pretty good up until the end of the season, there was really no way to keep that going unfortunately. I understand their reason for canceling it. Arts part was an unexpected surprise though :D