• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

stevenotero

Quote from: MV on May 27, 2015, 09:22:47 PM
I'm just now realizing that it's not Batman.
You rang my avatar? :P

RoseGirl

Quote from: bateman on May 27, 2015, 09:43:32 PM
You'll have to jump on too. There may be* a cat astrologer, our very own "numbers lady" doing readings and Richard Hoagland drinking games.

If Art knows his cat's date, place and time of birth...I will do it's astrological chart. Just sayin

popple

Quote from: Faustina on May 27, 2015, 07:04:41 PM
Personally, I think there is room for both c2c *and* Art's new show.  c2c has a whole new listenership who didn't even listen to the show when it was hosted by Art.
That is terribly unfortunate. I'll get Goatse to pray for them.

Paradox

Quote from: boba FETT on May 27, 2015, 04:55:14 PM
My son was born two months ago. Talk to you guys in July.  8)
Congratulations! 

Paradox

Quote from: Art Bell on May 27, 2015, 06:48:05 PM
Well I have had to cancel the promo on KBCQ Shortwave because after reading my non-compete it is so confusing that I just don't want to take the chance, better safe then sorry. It's ok, it will be over soon.

Art
Bummer, but discretion etc. blah blah. . .

nbirnes

Quote from: phrodo on May 27, 2015, 08:41:18 PM
Can I start drinkings now?

This is a great idea. We need a thread for drunk-or-stoned? where you have to be one or the other to post there, but not to read it, of course. And then people can see, once and for all, which method is preferred among the pros. For when both are legal, of course. Of course.

ks3484

Art Bell 6 hrs ·

Yes, this seems to be a unintended result, we are getting requests now for commercial stations that want to carry the show, as mentioned there is no reason to say no. We will have at least (2) fixed breaks at the bottom and top of the Hour. We will carry a max of 6 minutes of spots per hour, so while not trying to discourage any station, they will have to take the three hours as is. Again please don't contact me, first come first served for any given market and again please go to www.artbell.com. Jeez, I guess this means I still might have to say please turn down your Radio!

Art

[repost]

Roswells, Art

It just occurred to me, this thread is like open lines for Art. Good practice.

nbirnes

Quote from: bateman on May 27, 2015, 08:32:38 PM

I will be hosting a pre-Midnight in the Desert test show show on Sunday, July 19 with Jaz and whoever else wants to jump on board. This will be a live, multi-hour drunken call-in affair with SPECIAL GUESTS to be announced. We'll be live until Art takes over that night. This will be happening on ufoship.com thanks to MV.

Wait ... lemme get this straight. This rolling snowball of drunken glee will continue from the wee hours of July 20 right up until Art comes on at midnight for reals?

You do realize that you'll be running right into Future Theater, live for two hours right before the big show? Can we all join up somehow? Like a radio relay many-hosts thing? But then ... I don't want to break DMDN, I must say.

jazmunda

Quote from: nbirnes on May 27, 2015, 11:28:20 PM
Wait ... lemme get this straight. This rolling snowball of drunken glee will continue from the wee hours of July 20 right up until Art comes on at midnight for reals?

You do realize that you'll be running right into Future Theater, live for two hours right before the big show? Can we all join up somehow? Like a radio relay many-hosts thing? But then ... I don't want to break DMDN, I must say.

Just to clarify bateman is referring to us being live with some "special" guests on Ufoship.com  prior to the Art's Test Open Lines Show on the 19th on DMDN the night before MITD begins on July 20.

WOTR

Quote from: Nick el Ass on May 27, 2015, 08:39:53 PM

Since I'm sober I can be the bouncer, and take the time to work on my skills at tossing people out on their asses.
I had done that for enough years.  Halloween was probably the worst, followed by, possibly, new years.  Drunken freaks hiding behind masks (and new years was always a "new" crowd who paid the cover and suddenly felt that they "owned"the bar)... No, I won't do it again- this time I may join the drunken freaks.

ks3484

As I perused  the web I found this interesting advert. So, I figured I'd put it out there...what the heck...What say we pool are resources and buy these three support stations for Art. One's A.M. and the other two are F.M. We can get all three for a nominal $2.6 mil+/-. So essentially, Art will be broadcasting on the airwaves and in cyber space. It could be the beginning of something or other...

.....................just a thought........................

[repost]

Needle woman

Quote from: serenity on May 27, 2015, 05:03:33 PM
New tagline

In that Darkest time between Midnight and Dawn, From the High Desert, Deep in the Kingdom of NYE..... it's Art Bell's Midnight in the Desert on the Dark Matter Digital Network

And Worldwide on WTWW 5.085 Mhz SW

WBCQ 7.490 and 9.330 SW and WXME AM 730

Coming July 2015

Hey, this is good!  Really good! 

Sorry, I'm late to the thread, been working.

nbirnes

Quote from: jazmunda on May 27, 2015, 11:32:27 PM
Just to clarify bateman is referring to us being live with some "special" guests on Ufoship.com  prior to the Art's Test Open Lines Show on the 19th on DMDN the night before MITD begins on July 20.

Thanks! It's getting confusing with all the parties and festivities. Maybe it will snow!

jazmunda

Quote from: nbirnes on May 27, 2015, 11:40:01 PM
Thanks! It's getting confusing with all the parties and festivities. Maybe it will snow!

Winter is coming! (in Australia).  ;)

Nick el Ass

Quote from: Needle woman on May 27, 2015, 11:39:01 PM
Hey, this is good!  Really good! 

Sorry, I'm late to the thread, been working.

Dave thinks all of us haters are unemployed, and you ruined it.

jazmunda

Quote from: Nick el Ass on May 27, 2015, 11:41:58 PM

Hey I'm employed but I don't do any work.

zeebo

Quote from: bateman on May 27, 2015, 08:32:38 PM
I will be hosting a pre-Midnight in the Desert test show show on Sunday, July 19 with Jaz and whoever else wants to jump on board. This will be a live, multi-hour drunken call-in affair with SPECIAL GUESTS to be announced. We'll be live until Art takes over that night. This will be happening on ufoship.com thanks to MV.

This is genius.

Quote from: chefist on May 27, 2015, 08:33:37 PM
I'll be there and I'll be drunk!

So is this.  I'm in.

WOTR

Quote from: Roswells, Art on May 27, 2015, 11:25:02 PM
It just occurred to me, this thread is like open lines for Art. Good practice.
HA.  You may just be right about that.  We have the smart people, the serious people, the jokers, the trolls, the believers and the batsh@t crazies here (Have to censor things- I hear that MV runs a clean board...) ;)
Quote from: nbirnes on May 27, 2015, 11:28:20 PM

In so many ways that would be cool.  However, you had better rewire your board and install an extra heavy-duty "cough" button.  It may get a workout that evening...  MV may run a clean board- but some of us lack mental filters.

Nick el Ass

Quote from: jazmunda on May 27, 2015, 11:43:36 PM
Hey I'm employed but I don't do any work.

Same here. I get paid to play on the internet(s), and do do too many naughty things.

Needle woman

Quote from: Nick el Ass on May 27, 2015, 11:41:58 PM

Lol! Story of my life.

Needle woman

Redacted......adding my congrats to you!  I would love to hear you on Arts show!  And stay strong, don't let any of those secrets out.

ks3484

Art Bell 6 hrs ·

Yes, this seems to be a unintended result, we are getting requests now for commercial stations that want to carry the show, as mentioned there is no reason to say no. We will have at least (2) fixed breaks at the bottom and top of the Hour. We will carry a max of 6 minutes of spots per hour, so while not trying to discourage any station, they will have to take the three hours as is. Again please don't contact me, first come first served for any given market and again please go to www.artbell.com. Jeez, I guess this means I still might have to say please turn down your Radio!

Art

[Repost From: Art Bell's Facebook Page]

Nick el Ass

Quote from: ks3484 on May 28, 2015, 12:30:22 AM
Art Bell 6 hrs ·

Art

We have been talking about it since that fine message dropped earlier. Have your heard about KNYE?!?

lonevoice

Quote from: jazmunda on May 27, 2015, 11:32:27 PM

ks3484

Quote from: Nick el Ass on May 28, 2015, 12:34:49 AM

We have been talking about it since that fine message dropped earlier. Have your heard about KNYE?!?

No. I'm afraid that I missed the post from KNYE.

Nick el Ass

Quote from: ks3484 on May 28, 2015, 02:01:06 AM
No. I'm afraid that I missed the post from KNYE.

MitD will be on KNYE.

Queen

The thing that made coast to coast am with art bell so great was imo he always had open lines and really strange people would call in. Art being on the web or short wave is going to be cool but after all these years he desrves to have his spot on the radio. Art belongs on the radio. Its his home. However. I dont know that having a co-host is a great idea. It will be interesting if he goes thru with it. Not that i have anything against anyone but its just going to be weird.  Whi knows it might work out. I dont know who that j. Guy really is but i hope its over lol. After a while it gets old hearing him.

Anyone know who owns the old dreamland shows when art hosted?  Wish their was a way keith could run those on sundays again.

Queen

Quote from: ks3484 on May 28, 2015, 12:30:22 AM
Art Bell 6 hrs ·

Art

Ugg what is the bottom and top of the hour i never could remember that lol.  6 mins of commercilas????  That leaves what?? 54 mins of show? Thats probably better then the GIS  czn bring 30 cuts again woot!!