• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

ks3484

Quote from: jazmunda on May 26, 2015, 01:40:35 AM
This could be considered piracy. I'm assuming Art still makes money from sales of this book. Who will buy the cow when you get the milk for free?

Quote from: nooryisawesome on May 26, 2015, 03:40:03 AM
You can get the book for essentially nothing. I think arts profit from that would be essentially zip. It's only a few cents used on Amazon.

If a successful campaign is launched then the price and the demand should move upward in tandem with one another as the demand is created. This Audio Book is an excellent format for the seeing impaired. Those who are hearing impaired must depend and rely on those who can sign for them. The use of a web cam could be used by a signer and seen by the hearing impaired on their computers or other devices. Ya know, if I could sign I'd volunteer to sign the entire nightly program for the hearing impaired from my own home with my own web cam. There are also free programs like TeamViewer that could accommodate Closed Captioning, but a good stenographer or  typist would be necessary.  :(

Never2Late

okay, dumb question... where can I hear this fine voice of (Redacted)'s?

wr250

Quote from: Never2Late on May 26, 2015, 05:49:51 AM
okay, dumb question... where can I hear this fine voice of (Redacted)'s?
http://www.ufoship.com/?cat=10

Never2Late

awesome, thanks ;)

ks3484

Art Bell (MITD) Projected Revenues

Total Current Members:                    Facebook:  20,056                         BellGab: 2,622             PWLAB: 4122      TTL:  26,800

50%                                                                        10,028                                        1311                           2061                13,400     

Each Mem. $5.00 monthly Fees:                          $100,280                                  $13,110                    $20,610          $134,000*

50%                                                                        $50,140                                   $6,555                      $10,305            $67,000

All Mem. $5.00x12
Annual Fees:                                                           $1,203,360                              $157,320                  $247,320        $1,608,000

50%                                                                        $601,680                                   $78,660                    $123,660           $804,000

[*corrected]

serenity

Added some pictures of "Sprite" lightning from the holiday weekend storms over at http://aliendreams.ddns.net/blog

Hey Red, you should do a podcast. Sort of a dry run, so to speak. I'd listen......
Oh and to stay on topic..... Art Bell Art Bell Art Bell

"May we never go to Hell but may we always be on the way"

I hope art gives Steve Warner a listen at http://www.darkcity.fm .

I think he could fill in for art if his back goes out, sick, or simply wants more time with the family. It is better than replays. Redacted too could do open lines or something.

Marc.Knight

Quote from: Art Bell on May 25, 2015, 09:04:59 PM
Trust me, I can see doing it for the money, if I needed it, nothing wrong with wanting money. I don't know about integrity, I hope I have some. I just love Broadcasting and luckily for me I don't need money. It also makes it easier to try new stuff because your not afraid to break the golden egg.

Since we are taking a pretty big gamble by putting on a LIVE free show the one thing I am not willing to do is lose money, I hope enough people find it in their hearts to cough up five bucks a Month for the inside stuff, downloads, wormhole and anything else we can think of. This will be a interesting experiment.

Art

Art, I think you will be pleasantly surprised by the response you will get once the gates are open. 

Roswells, Art

Quote from: nooryisawesome on May 26, 2015, 07:24:34 AM

I think he could fill in for art if his back goes out, sick, or simply wants more time with the family. It is better than replays. Redacted too could do open lines or something.

I think so too. It is a great idea. I also think DMRN did reach their goal in finding the next Art Bell. It is Steve Warner.

Quote from: Roswells, Art on May 26, 2015, 09:51:27 AM
I think so too. It is a great idea. I also think DMRN did reach their goal in finding the next Art Bell. It is Steve Warner.

Steve!! Steve!! Steve!!!

My only complaint is he doesn't do enough shows.  Ideally Steve could do weekends and redacted could do fill in open lines or crazy astrology or whatever she's into.

cweb

There are a few things I look for in a good host.

1. Pay attention
2. Make the audience feel like you're accessible to them
3. Challenge the guest- politely if possible
4. Know when it's not working out
5. Let the audience inflate your ego gradually, don't do it yourself
6. Have fun, or make it sound that way
7. Let the crazy (guests/callers) come out naturally
8. Be willing to ask for production help/advice
9. Pay attention
10. Pay attention

These are reasons why I enjoy listening to Art, Steve, Howard Hughes, or Knapp. They all have (or are developing) these aspects in some way.

Congrats to redacted on whatever new stuff might be coming. I'd be interested to hear her helm a show, too.

lonevoice

Quote from: nooryisawesome on May 26, 2015, 07:24:34 AM

I agree with this comment.  Steve as a fill-in for Art and Redacted as Art's sometime co-host ticks all the right boxes.

Reminds me of one time during the gabcast when Art was posting in the chat room.  Someone started talking about a bellgab meet-up in Pahrump for the inaugural broadcast of MITD.  Art posted:  "Bellgabbers on my lawn..."

The General

Quote from: lonevoice on May 26, 2015, 12:02:05 PM
I agree with this comment.  Steve as a fill-in for Art and Redacted as Art's sometime co-host ticks all the right boxes.

Reminds me of one time during the gabcast when Art was posting in the chat room.  Someone started talking about a bellgab meet-up in Pahrump for the inaugural broadcast of MITD.  Art posted:  "Bellgabbers on my lawn..."

Another vote for Redacted and Steve Warner.
And that gif is the funniest thing I've seen in a long while. 
Well done, Lonevoice, well done.

lonevoice

Aww.  Thanks, General.  We need more Art gifs. 

This one might have worked as well:

bateman

Quote from: Roswells, Art on May 26, 2015, 09:51:27 AM

Careful, inflate my ego too much and I'll be riding around Burbank in a parade car soon.

But thank you. I think it's ultimately up to Art to decide who his "heir apparent" is. Letterman was Johnny's, regardless of who got the Tonight Show.

bateman

Quote from: lonevoice on May 26, 2015, 12:02:05 PM

This gif is hysterical. Hey, maybe Art could restart the old Desert Blast events at the Bell compound.  ;D

https://youtu.be/FZ5y3pLos-g

aldousburbank

Quote from: bateman on May 26, 2015, 03:36:12 PM
Careful, inflate my ego too much and I'll be riding around Burbank in a parade car soon.
Hey

But thank you. I think it's ultimately up to Art to decide who his "heir apparent" is. Letterman was Johnny's, regardless of who got the Tonight Show.

One of the best jokes on Letterman's final show, that he said in his final opening monologue:

It's beginning to look like this Tonight Show thing isn't going to work out.

Toxic Fluid

I used a special neutron emitting light bulb for this striking avatar photo. ;)

ItsOver

:-X

Thankfully, it's not "thank yewwww."

Engineer55

Quote from: serenity on May 26, 2015, 05:20:05 AM

Sorry, couldn't help it, I mean when you find a good meme.......
never mind Reported!

Hey Red, make sure we get a date well in advance, I don't want to miss it while I'm doing something stupid!

Londo Mollari, I'd wondered where you'd gone!!

nbirnes

Quote from: The General on May 26, 2015, 12:13:58 PM

Another vote here. We need a production chyron for the Bellgab Hivemind, to last onscreen for a minimum of one second.

WOTR

Quote from: Zenman on May 26, 2015, 02:56:10 AM
Nor was wotr1's gif I don't think. We just got caught up in the excitement and the flip thing that Roswells started.
I really should know to explain my poor sense of humour.  The "backflip fail" gif was supposed to be a humourous reference to Roswells not managing to post a gif of a backflip.  I have a screwed and warped sense of humour and hope that people do not take that as being directed to redacted...

***Edit- nor was it meant to be insulting to Roswells- it was supposed to be light -hearted and semi-amusing...

starrmtn001

Quote from: The General on May 26, 2015, 12:13:58 PM
And still, another vote for Redacted and Steve Warner! ;D

Hey The General, why did you shave?  Grow that puppy back, you be lookin' gooooood! ;)

Art Bell

Some good ideas, the only problem I see is the need for some measure of a Studio, I guess it could be served up by Skype but if you want it to sound a bit professional you need a bit of stuff, never the less it could be done.

Art

Roswells, Art

Quote from: wotr1 on May 26, 2015, 08:47:02 PM
I really should know to explain my poor sense of humour.  The "backflip fail" gif was supposed to be a humourous reference to Roswells not managing to post a gif of a backflip.  I have a screwed and warped sense of humour and hope that people do not take that as being directed to redacted...

***Edit- nor was it meant to be insulting to Roswells- it was supposed to be light -hearted and semi-amusing...

Your gif made me laugh out loud. I took it in the spirit it was meant.

Nick el Ass

Quote from: Art Bell on May 26, 2015, 08:56:57 PM
Some good ideas, the only problem I see is the need for some measure of a Studio, I guess it could be served up by Skype but if you want it to sound a bit professional you need a bit of stuff, never the less it could be done.

Art

Skype could be a problem at times, but once Microsoft got their hands on it the overall quality sucks. I find Google voice to be more reliable these days... and the calls within the US are free.