• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

nextgen.fm

I caught last hour of Somewhere in Time over the weekend!

Courtesy of Premiere Networks they say before it comes on, yeah say courtesy of Art Bell instead

It was great show about Greenpeace with spirited discussion, thanks Art, the day of reckoning approaches! 
Prepare Desert comrades!

Nick el Ass

Quote from: Art Bell on May 24, 2015, 09:40:19 PM
I understand, I think it was a set up but who knows, at the time I thought it was real. That's the beauty of live Radio, you never know for sure. It's also why I will be doing a lot of open lines if we have a big enough listener pool. I have no idea how many people will show up, what a hoot!

That's the one thing about what we are about to do, I have NO clue how it will go but the Studio is really awesome and it's gonna be fun. Maybe I will invite Redacted to co-host some night, she has a very clear voice, bet you guy's would get a kick out of that.

Art

You could make her the fill in host should you ever need one.

Quote from: Art Bell on May 24, 2015, 09:57:24 PM
No, to the best of my understanding Victor was NOT Whitley. They sure did sound alike though. Whitley would never do that.

Art

There are an awful lot of people out there who think it was him, and have tried to prove it by editing the hell out of clips of that interview.

Heather Wade

Quote from: eyenoeyeno on May 24, 2015, 10:13:48 PM
Reacted is the bees knees!

You are too kind, and dig your new avatar.  There's always the possibility that that's what she might have said.

onan

I understand, I think it was a set up but who knows, at the time I thought it was real. That's the beauty of live Radio, you never know for sure. It's also why I will be doing a lot of open lines if we have a big enough listener pool. I have no idea how many people will show up, what a hoot!

That's the one thing about what we are about to do, I have NO clue how it will go but the Studio is really awesome and it's gonna be fun. Maybe I will invite Redacted to co-host some night, she has a very clear voice, bet you guy's would get a kick out of that.

Art

Sorry if my supposition was erroneous, and offended you. When it comes to entertainment, I am fairly skeptical. I wasn't attacking your credibility but I can see how it would seem I was.

As far as (Redacted) co-hosting... man, that would be great. She deserves the fun and adventure and I don't think you could find a person who would appreciate the experience more.

WOTR

Quote from: onan on May 25, 2015, 02:16:58 AM
As far as (Redacted) co-hosting... man, that would be great. She deserves the fun and adventure and I don't think you could find a person who would appreciate the experience more.
Well... I suppose that Jas can just feel like a co-host when he calls in nightly...

SaucyRossy

Quote from: (Redacted) on May 25, 2015, 12:54:00 AM
"Go Church yourself, Dave" duly noted, will use, and good looking out.  But, Dave has a few factors working against him:

1.  Clearly afraid of me, mu ha haa. 
2.  Too stupid to communicate with. 
3.  Not really the nice guy he tries so hard to be.
4.  PremRat money means Jack squat in my house.

This is why you rock.

Heather Wade

Quote from: onan on May 25, 2015, 02:16:58 AM
Sorry if my supposition was erroneous, and offended you. When it comes to entertainment, I am fairly skeptical. I wasn't attacking your credibility but I can see how it would seem I was.

Quote from: SaucyRossy on May 25, 2015, 02:37:46 AM
This is why you rock.

I have the overwhelming urge to buy a round of beers for BellGab.   :'(  ;D  8)

Queen

Quote from: jazmunda on May 23, 2015, 09:43:44 PM
Hallelujah!

When can we donate?

Take my money please. :P

If ur that egar to give money away can i get $20,000. 😝

onan

Quote from: NIN3 on May 25, 2015, 03:26:27 AM

Let me get Jaz's check book... you sure you just want 20k?

Queen

Quote from: onan on May 25, 2015, 03:30:12 AM
Let me get Jaz's check book... you sure you just want 20k?

Im not greedy $20k would change my life for the better lol

jazmunda

Quote from: NIN3 on May 25, 2015, 03:26:27 AM

When you keep me glued to a radio night after night, leaving me wanting more and actively scouring the net for your 20 year old material then I might consider throwing you a bone.

CornyCrow

Quote from: SaucyRossy on May 24, 2015, 11:59:37 PM
You mean IUD's? Right?

IED = Improvised Explosive Device

wr250

Quote from: MV on May 25, 2015, 12:19:12 AM
I knooooow i look good.

MV where did you get my picture to use as an avatar?
if that is you we could be brothers lol

dan7800

Quote from: lonevoice on May 25, 2015, 12:23:51 AM
Redacted, if history is our teacher, you might expect to hear from Dave, dangling some enticing bauble of interference.   It would be fun if instead of just telling him no, you told him to go Church himself.  Hahahaha.

Dave will probably show up drunk.

ItsOver

aldousburbank

Quote from: CornyCrow on May 25, 2015, 05:43:26 AM
IED = Improvised Explosive Device
I thought it was Instant Erectile Dysfunction

aldousburbank

T minus 56 days and counting...

Lilith

Quote from: (Redacted) on May 24, 2015, 11:34:26 PM
There is so much happy in this thread.  I am happy that everyone is happy.  Let's make pancakes & do Open Lines.   8)

Looks forward to calling in and talking to you  ;D 8)

Queen

Quote from: jazmunda on May 25, 2015, 04:18:19 AM
When you keep me glued to a radio night after night, leaving me wanting more and actively scouring the net for your 20 year old material then I might consider throwing you a bone.

Lmao

CampsieNP

BIG VOTE YES for (redacted) to co host a show.

My credit card is in my quivering hand awaiting to order my Art Bell subscription. I can hardly wait.

bobpat46

Quote from: WhiteCrow on May 24, 2015, 09:56:15 PM
Wow way to go Ms Redacted, first Dave notices your talent and now Art wants you to co-host.
Somebody set up a fan site!!!

(redacted)gab.com

PathoJen

Quote from: (Redacted) on May 24, 2015, 11:22:52 PM
Just today I played the clip for a friend of the guy who flew over Area 51.  At the end of the clip, you clearly say, "Well, I'm not sure what we just heard..."  We took that ride along with you & knew as much as you did.  The sirens we hear in the background were not ambulance or police.  I heard that call when it happened on the air, and it was unprecedented pure radio joy.  Has anyone ever done such a thing since?  No.

You've put so much into your new studio, I bet you can't wait to fire up the equipment & take us all for a ride once again.  It would be a great privilege to learn how all of the equipment works to create the magic that Midnight In The Desert will be.  Maybe?  That 'maybe' is an incredible honor, Art.  Excuse me while I kiss the sky.

What kind of headset do you suggest I get?   8)

Have a wonderful Memorial Day with your family & hope you get your BBQ on tomorrow.   ;D
I love this post! Just think, the only ones privy to this amazing invitation were us. Just us. We know stuff!
BTW, the headset you are using now sounds pretty great, if you were to use anything better, you might break the internet with all that awesome.  8)

PathoJen

Quote from: brig on May 25, 2015, 08:19:36 AM
Brig I loved your call into Bellgab! :)

eyenoeyeno

Quote from: aldousburbank on May 25, 2015, 07:54:35 AM
T minus 56 days and counting...

I feel like I'm back in algebra

eyenoeyeno

Quote from: jazmunda on May 25, 2015, 04:18:19 AM...leaving me wanting more and actively scouring the net for your 20 year old material...

That's what he said

WhiteCrow

Quote from: bobpat46 on May 25, 2015, 10:21:06 AM
(redacted)gab.com

I so want Ms Redacted to bring her astrology gig to Midnight in the Desert.
Betcha she could become a regular 'feature' with it... Kinda like when Linda Moulton Howe would call in.

aldousburbank

Quote from: WhiteCrow on May 25, 2015, 01:58:17 PM
I so want Ms Redacted to bring her astrology gig to Midnight in the Desert.
Betcha she could become a regular 'feature' with it... Kinda like when Linda Moulton Howe would call in.
Except for that (Redacted) prefers her digital unit over LMH's push button cassette recorder.  :D

Heather Wade

Quote from: brig on May 25, 2015, 08:19:36 AM

And I can't wait for you to tell your one story that you've been saving.  Happy to have you call in to the GabCast anytime!

coaster

Maybe I will invite Redacted to co-host some night, she has a very clear voice, bet you guy's would get a kick out of that.

Art
That would really be something.

CornyCrow

I wonder if the subscription will be a month by month membership.  That would certainly be easier, no?  If it's an annual would they remember the date at which you started and then count down for a year and send you reminders? 

I do hope the instructions are for simple minded folk such as myself.  I am not very handy with computers.  Many of my friends don't even have one.