• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

All the best Art. Hope you feel better soon.

aldousburbank

Quote from: SaucyRossy on May 06, 2015, 04:14:10 PM
Yup. Pain sucks!
What sucks about pain is that it can really hurt.

laserjock

Yes indeed, REALLY hurt!  I just spent 6 months with knee pain and surgery and recovery/physical therapy.  And now my back has gone out on me, sucks, so I can commiserate with Mr. Art and others here.

FortRock

Quote from: FortRock on May 06, 2015, 01:57:18 PM
I have escaped from where the Scorpion Army Commander has had me held in Tonopah, Nevada. I'm the former Los Angeles Substitute Teacher who simply wanted to communicate with Coast To Coast AM Listeners. Because I was talking sanity and perhaps some compromise with the fans of George Noory, and those who joined the show after, say 2003. They're nice people, a little New Age directed than this Science Teacher appreciates on the radio. But everyone has their tastes in radio! I'm worried, the Commander acts very obsessed, perhaps has OCD, he washes his hands all the time, and takes 3 to 4 showers a day. But I'm headed back to Los Angeles on a hitch-hiked ride going through the back route to Los Angeles. A LA businessman friend of J.C. Ex Edna is going to allow me to stay in a condo that he owns in of all places Santa Catalina Island! Perhaps there's no Scorpion Army operatives in Avalon. The Island is protected by the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department, I know they like George Noory a lot! I'll report in when I can! I hope Art's back gets better! I'd better get back on the road, as I know the Scorpion Army will be happy to get me back in Tonopah. That city needs better restaurants, my Diabetes really had a hard time with all of the excess fat and carbs! Talk to you all later!

RECAPTURED 3:45PM TODAY, BOB'S BIG BOY, BAKER, CALIFORNIA! BEING RETURNED TO TONOPAH CUSTODY!

SCORPION ARMY SECURITY SERVICE

Quote from: FortRock on May 06, 2015, 05:32:09 PM
RECAPTURED 3:45PM TODAY, BOB'S BIG BOY, BAKER, CALIFORNIA! BEING RETURNED TO TONOPAH CUSTODY!

Hey, do they still have that giant thermometer there? That thing is awesome.

ponyboysunset

I want to join the scorpion army, maybe an east coast wing!?

aldousburbank

Quote from: ponyboysunset on May 06, 2015, 07:00:14 PM
I want to join the scorpion army, maybe an easr coast wing!?
Scorpions don't have wings.

ponyboysunset

Quote from: aldousburbank on May 06, 2015, 07:02:30 PM
Scorpions don't have wings.
How about an east coast branch? Lol

jazmunda

Quote from: ponyboysunset on May 06, 2015, 07:05:27 PM

Scorpions aren't trees either. :P

Get your act together PBS. ;)

ponyboysunset

Quote from: jazmunda on May 06, 2015, 07:17:08 PM
Scorpions aren't trees either. :P

Get your act together PBS. ;)

Yes sir! Lol.

Nick el Ass

Scorpions, piranhas, and koalas. Oh, my.  8)

chefist

Quote from: Evil Twin Of Zen on May 06, 2015, 07:10:30 PM

Cut the stinger off and roast them over a fire...they taste rather good!

Northcoaster

I think MV is about to be a star come July

Quote from: Northcoaster on May 06, 2015, 08:11:39 PM

MV is a star ALREADY. It only remains to be seen, how high this star will ascend.

MV/Liberace!

will i have a house boy?

nbirnes

Quote from: ponyboysunset on May 06, 2015, 07:05:27 PM
Sign me up for the East Coast team! Pincers up!

ItsOver

There are many stars but only one Millenium Master.

phrodo

Quote from: RoseGirl on May 06, 2015, 01:54:58 PM
K...here's something weird. Best thing for a bad back? Extra Strength Pamprin. No really....my son said all the truck drivers swear by it. I didn't believe him either until I tried it. Totally works.

Might be worth a shot, Art.

Cheers,
RoseGirl

Since it is for menstrual cramps and pain .. seems like it could have some muscle relaxers and pain meds in it = logical relief.

Coz

Just a couple of issues I have:

1. No one within 500 miles of me seems to have the ability to work 2 meter SSB. This pisses me off.

2. It's almost midnight, and I have to drag my ass out to the drug store.

3. Noory still sucks.

Thanks... I needed to vent.

nextgen.fm

Art's voice against the backdrop of rolling thunderstorms in July and a hot coffee sounds like a great time to me!

jazmunda

Baby monitor update.

In 2012 my sister purchased my house that I had lived in for 7 years. It was brand new when I bought it. Originally it was a large block of land that 3 townhouses (mine included) were eventually built on. My townhouse was built where the garden of the original house was. I experienced no usual activity in the time I occupied that home.

Last night, my sister was reading in her bedroom when she heard what sounded like a man "grumbling" coming from the baby monitor. She took out her phone and checked the app that is connected to an IP camera (separate to the voice only baby monitor) in my nephews room and no one was in there. About thirty seconds later she could hear her husband coming up the stairs so she thought that perhaps the sound was from him.

About 10 minutes later they both heard the same "grumbling" coming from the monitor. My brother in law jumped out of bed and ran to my nephew's room and found him sleeping and alone. Hearts racing they went back to bed. 10 minutes later they heard faint "classical" music coming from the monitor. Once again they ran to my nephew's room and once again he was alone and sound asleep. They immediately took him out of the room and he slept with them.

My sister wanted to turn off the monitor but my brother in law wisely kept it on. No other sound emanated from it that night. That they know of.

True story.

Listen to Midnight in the Desert with Art Bell in July 2015 on the web, on your phone and perhaps on your baby monitors.

aldousburbank

Midnight In The Desert with Art Bell
Because not all talk show hosts are created equal.

I like that.

jazmunda

Quote from: aldousburbank on May 06, 2015, 11:07:11 PM
Midnight In The Desert with Art Bell
Because not all talk show hosts are created equal suck.

I like love that.

Fixed :P

Quote from: FortRock on May 06, 2015, 05:32:09 PM

You can't make this shit up. Wait a minute, he just did. ;)

No Quarter

Quote from: jazmunda on May 06, 2015, 10:28:57 PM

Things that go Googie Gaga in the night - hilarious!   

also kinda sums up many here, if you think about it....   ;D

Northcoaster

Quote from: MV on May 06, 2015, 09:00:57 PM
will i have a house boy?

Can I be your roommate?

The General

Quote from: ponyboysunset on May 06, 2015, 07:00:14 PM
I want to join the scorpion army, maybe an east coast wing!?
Sorry but you have to work your way up the ranks like the rest of us.
You start out in the Earwig Army.

SaucyRossy

Quote from: jazmunda on May 06, 2015, 10:28:57 PM
Baby monitor update.

In 2012 my sister purchased my house that I had lived in for 7 years. It was brand new when I bought it. Originally it was a large block of land that 3 townhouses (mine included) were eventually built on. My townhouse was built where the garden of the original house was. I experienced no usual activity in the time I occupied that home.

Last night, my sister was reading in her bedroom when she heard what sounded like a man "grumbling" coming from the baby monitor. She took out her phone and checked the app that is connected to an IP camera (separate to the voice only baby monitor) in my nephews room and no one was in there. About thirty seconds later she could hear her husband coming up the stairs so she thought that perhaps the sound was from him.

About 10 minutes later they both heard the same "grumbling" coming from the monitor. My brother in law jumped out of bed and ran to my nephew's room and found him sleeping and alone. Hearts racing they went back to bed. 10 minutes later they heard faint "classical" music coming from the monitor. Once again they ran to my nephew's room and once again he was alone and sound asleep. They immediately took him out of the room and he slept with them.

My sister wanted to turn off the monitor but my brother in law wisely kept it on. No other sound emanated from it that night. That they know of.

True story.

Listen to Midnight in the Desert with Art Bell in July 2015 on the web, on your phone and perhaps on your baby monitors.

Wait.........what other things/stories do you have from this house and baby monitors? This is the first one I've read.

jazmunda

Quote from: SaucyRossy on May 07, 2015, 01:10:21 AM
Wait.........what other things/stories do you have from this house and baby monitors? This is the first one I've read.

No other stories from me. The title baby monitor update just referred to the jokes we were having about Art's show appearing everywhere including baby monitors.

My wife claims that a door in that house once slammed as she was about to close it (ie: she was about to pull it towards her to close it) and when she tried to open it it wouldn't open no matter how hard she pushed. Frightened she went downstairs and waited til I came home from work. She told me the story and I nervously went up stairs and opened the door first try.

My call into Spooky Matter about my daughters imaginary friend referred to my current house. Stay tuned for an update on that .....