• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

Ewavegeek

Quote from: Juan on April 24, 2015, 09:42:35 AM
Art, remember to include the actual telephone numbers - cell phone letters don't correspond to numbers the way the old land-line phones did (still do in my case).

yeah that's annoying as hell. had to deal with something like that yesterday.

Also I think Dark Matter Network is better than DMDN.

sorefinger

The back pain vampire just won't die.  Hit it with a hammer, and it explodes like a grenade into 100 fragments.  But no one is forcing you to read, so just ignore if it's something that fross your heinie.  If it wasn't for forums like this one, I'd still be suffering severe, debilitating back pain, rather than enjoying the good life again, pain free! Where Mayo Clinic and dozens of doctors had failed, my cure came from a single commenter who had been generous enough to share his success story in a post. I had no way of knowing if his strategy would work for me, but I tried it, and miraculously my back pain is now behind me.  Had barnacle-encrusted trolls successfully silenced that commenter, I might still be suffering today. There is a reason why one in two people eventually get cancer. Diet! There is a reason why seniors take 3 prescription drugs, on average. Diet! There's a reason why diabetes is epidemic. Diet!  And there is now no question, no debate whatsoever that the standard American diet was responsible for monkeywrenching my health. Our bodies have remarkable capacity to heal themselves, but it's not going to happen without proper nutrients to make repairs. Our ancestors had far more wisdom than crap spewed by so-called experts today. Hippocrates: "Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food."

DesertFox

Quote from: sorefinger on April 24, 2015, 09:50:29 AM
The back pain vampire just won't die.  Hit it with a hammer, and it explodes like a grenade into 100 fragments.  But no one is forcing you to read, so just ignore if it's something that fross your heinie.  If it wasn't for forums like this one, I'd still be suffering severe, debilitating back pain, rather than enjoying the good life again, pain free! Where Mayo Clinic and dozens of doctors had failed, my cure came from a single commenter who had been generous enough to share his success story in a post. I had no way of knowing if his strategy would work for me, but I tried it, and miraculously my back pain is now behind me.  Had barnacle-encrusted trolls successfully silenced that commenter, I might still be suffering today. There is a reason why one in two people eventually get cancer. Diet! There is a reason why seniors take 3 prescription drugs, on average. Diet! There's a reason why diabetes is epidemic. Diet!  And there is now no question, no debate whatsoever that the standard American diet was responsible for monkeywrenching my health. Our bodies have remarkable capacity to heal themselves, but it's not going to happen without proper nutrients to make repairs. Our ancestors had far more wisdom than crap spewed by so-called experts today. Hippocrates: "Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food."

If you want to spread your info--why don't you make your own thread about it?  Those interested can read it.  This is specifically an Art Bell thread and Art has asked not to hear about back cures.

DesertFox

Quote from: Lt.Uhura on April 24, 2015, 02:52:14 AM
Yes, Dark Matter Digital Network... sounds more sophisticated than Midnight In The Desert.

I liked Ross' instructions during DM to "manipulate your handheld device and call..." (as it's no longer dial).  Also-- it might be fun to exploit your infamous "Caller, turn OFF your radio!" with some reverb or special effects purely for nostalgia (since yes...it's no longer radio)...

Dark Matter Digital Network sounds fine.

DesertFox

Quote from: Art Bell on April 23, 2015, 10:12:54 PM
I do agree, backs are like snowflakes and what works for one does not work for another. Thank you all for the thought but no need to bore the board.

I am writing liners for Ross if anybody has thoughts.

Art

BTW the Public number for the show will be

1-952-call art (no it's not a 800) Skype will be: mitd51

For liners:

Well Art...we need a couple of classic phrases--such as FROM THE HIGH DESERT...IN THE KINGDOM OF NYE.  Or some such variations of those.

artfanforever

Dark Matter Digital Network is perfect!!!

sorefinger

Quote from: DesertFox on April 24, 2015, 09:59:25 AM

If you want to spread your info--why don't you make your own thread about it?  Those interested can read it.  This is specifically an Art Bell thread and Art has asked not to hear about back cures.

That's what I'm talking about. Your reply is just another fragment from the grenade.  You can't help yourself anymore than anyone else can.

paladin1991

Quote from: deadmeow on April 24, 2015, 12:53:43 AM
Liners for Ross:
"Art's out tonight, and so is his back, please do not call when you hear the phone numbers"

that one!  For the nights we're listening to a 'Best of' or a guest host.  Yes.

paladin1991

Quote from: MV on April 24, 2015, 12:14:20 AM
I used to think you loved me.
You see.  That's just it.  Not every command I give requires a comment

paladin1991

Quote from: Art Bell on April 24, 2015, 01:20:56 AM
The reason I did not go into detail about my back is because there is no point, nothing to be done and I know it bores people to hear about others hurts. Just wanted you to know why I was rare. Still bothering me to some degree now but a bit better.

The number is not 800 because most people have National dialing anyway and if not Skype is free.
I will not screen calls and not pick up until I put you on air, so no hold time.

Yes that is the real number, not hooked up yet, just reserved so I can get Ross started soon. I wrote 32 liners today so far but I will look at all ideas.

I see when I leave some of you alone for a time you begin to chew on each other, try to be...wait forget it.

Art
Sorry, dad.

paladin1991

Quote from: Art Bell on April 24, 2015, 01:28:07 AM
Nothing on Guest Hosts yet. You get me 5 nights. BTW I have talked Keith in to a name change cause it ain't Radio. How about Dark Matter Digital Network. I like it, of course I thought of it.

Art
That has a bit of bounce on the tongue, doesn't it?

paladin1991

Quote from: (Redacted) on April 24, 2015, 01:54:23 AM
I already want a DMDN t-shirt.
and I want to see you in.  ART, one extra small t-shirt, please.

paladin1991

Quote from: Lt.Uhura on April 24, 2015, 02:52:14 AM
Yes, Dark Matter Digital Network... sounds more sophisticated than Midnight In The Desert.

I liked Ross' instructions during DM to "manipulate your handheld device and call..." (as it's no longer dial).  Also-- it might be fun to exploit your infamous "Caller, turn OFF your radio!" with some reverb or special effects purely for nostalgia (since yes...it's no longer radio)...
that does sound good.  Maybe on a night where ARTs not it and we are listening to a rebroadcast?

serenity

Quote from: artfanforever on April 24, 2015, 10:08:58 AM
Dark Matter Digital Network is perfect!!!

Dark Matter Digital Network is great for the station but don't change from Midnight in the Desert. It sounds like Art. It keeps the flavor of Arts show and the subject matter. There is a lot to be said about personal trademarks. Why change Art? He is the original "spooky" show host. It isnt broken so don't fix it.
Besides he already told Crystal Gayle the name. You don't want to upset her do ya?

"May we never go to Hell but may we always be on the way"

paladin1991

Quote from: sorefinger on April 24, 2015, 09:50:29 AM
Maybe you could write a book and be one of Dave's guests on his soon to end gig.

DesertFox

Quote from: sorefinger on April 24, 2015, 10:15:22 AM
That's what I'm talking about. Your reply is just another fragment from the grenade.  You can't help yourself anymore than anyone else can.

Now you're being kooky.  Start a thread and you can tell everyone all you want.  I'd look at it.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: phrodo on April 24, 2015, 01:48:53 AM
So sorry if I offended you or others...

now go stand in the corner and do 500 hail art bells.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Howdareu on April 24, 2015, 02:19:30 AM
Dark Matter Galaxy Network

heh heh, nice screen name.

chefist

Quote from: SaucyRossy on April 24, 2015, 01:30:26 AM
i don't think many on this forum are sanitary enough to be chewed on.

5 nights is more than I could hope for! My daughter (then 5 years old) and I used to listen to DM on Sirius each night...she would fall asleep while I listened...now it will start after I get her to bed, so she will have to hear the podcast to fall asleep to! LOL  ;)

I really like DMDN...the flagship program of course will be MITD, with all the other programs filling in the schedule... :)

sorefinger

Greg Ogonowski perfected 32k AAC because TCP/IP, by design, is all about packet dropping when there is high traffic on the Internet. If everyone streams at 32k, not 128k, it means overall consumer bandwidth capacity is increasef by a factor of 4. All the hogs get their share at the trough now, even the ones who insist on 128 K. In other words, I can sometimes get away without buffering while listening to 64k, but that's probably only when all the school kids are at school. Once they get home and log on, it's virtually impossible to listen to a stream larger than 32k without buffering. And once parents get home, it continues all the way into the wee hours of the night.  64k may sound better, however, what good if your stream is missing packets? Who wouldn't rather listen on 32k, without missing packets that dilute quality?

Dr Who

I would of liked the show to be streamed in mp3 at 128kbs but there are a lot of people on here who think good audio does matter to a talk show and that's also nonsense

Dr Who

In my last post I omitted the word not people think that good audio does not matter on talk radio when it does look

raistlin

Quote from: Art Bell on April 24, 2015, 01:28:07 AM
Nothing on Guest Hosts yet. You get me 5 nights. BTW I have talked Keith in to a name change cause it ain't Radio. How about Dark Matter Digital Network. I like it, of course I thought of it.

Art

Just when I was beginning to think Midnight in the Desert was solidified....now ya wanna change it.  Dark Matter Digital Network sounds ok, a bit long though.  That name also seems to indicate there will be other shows associated with yours, which I guess if that's what you're going for then good.

Art Bell

Ok reminding you all we will have (2) streams available both 48kbps one will be 48HEAAC and one good old MP3. Your device will default to which ever it can handle. The AAC stream will sound every bit as good as 128 MP3.

I am still writing Ross Liners for the show.

All of you need to be aware that all of this depends on my Health, mainly my back but at my age one never knows. Please keep it in mind. What I want is the same thing you do but life has a way of making bad jokes.

Art

inuk2600

Quote from: raistlin on April 24, 2015, 11:45:56 AM
Just when I was beginning to think Midnight in the Desert was solidified....now ya wanna change it.  Dark Matter Digital Network sounds ok, a bit long though.  That name also seems to indicate there will be streams associated with your show, which I guess if that's what you're going for then good.

Dark Matter Digital Network is the new name of Dark Matter Radio.
No worries, the show is still Midnight in the Desert.

chefist

Quote from: Art Bell on April 24, 2015, 11:50:02 AM
Ok reminding you all we will have (2) streams available both 48kbps one will be 48HEAAC and one good old MP3. Your device will default to which ever it can handle. The AAC stream will sound every bit as good as 128 MP3.

All of you need to be aware that all of this depends on my Health, mainly my back but at my age one never knows. Please keep it in mind. What I want is the same thing you do but life has a way of making bad jokes.

Art

We wish you good health and a long life, Art! I guess it's selfish to just want you to be around to host a talk show for our entertainment! Easy to forget you are a real person with your own life... :)

phrodo

I hear Pied Piper has an industry leading new compression algorithm. 

DesertFox

Quote from: Art Bell on April 24, 2015, 11:50:02 AM

Art

Well Art, I do know you are getting a lot of positive wishes and good vibes being sent out to you.  That can't hurt!   You know how well that can work with your past mass consciousness experiments on your show.

JUST A QUICK OVERALL HEALTH TIP(Not a back tip!):

MEDITATION--Best thing overall for overall health and vitality...and could help possibly with back some too(certainly helps greatly with dealing with pain).  There is a brilliant yet simple and easy to do book on Meditation--PEACE IS EVERY BREATH by Thich Nhat Hanh.  It's not esoteric or spacey--it's very simple and natural...as easy as breathing.

Promise no more health tips after this!  Good vibes to you, buddy.

Art Bell

Quote from: raistlin on April 24, 2015, 11:45:56 AM
Just when I was beginning to think Midnight in the Desert was solidified....now ya wanna change it.  Dark Matter Digital Network sounds ok, a bit long though.  That name also seems to indicate there will be streams associated with your show, which I guess if that's what you're going for then good.

Well why not call it like it is, it is not Radio, it is what's next. It is a Digital Network. Nobody loves Radio more then me but the World is changing really fast.

Art

raistlin

Quote from: Art Bell on April 24, 2015, 12:01:02 PM
Well why not call it like it is, it is not Radio, it is what's next. It is a Digital Network. Nobody loves Radio more then me but the World is changing really fast.

Art

Midnight in the Desert, brought to you by the Dark Matter Digital Network featuring Art Bell.   That has a hell of a ring to it.