• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

Quote from: Art Bell on April 24, 2015, 01:28:07 AM
Nothing on Guest Hosts yet. You get me 5 nights. BTW I have talked Keith in to a name change cause it ain't Radio. How about Dark Matter Digital Network. I like it, of course I thought of it.

Art

Happy with anything you decide to do. Glad your on the mend. 5 nights is awesome. Heck is be happy with 1. Can't wait for the show.

phrodo

Quote from: Art Bell on April 24, 2015, 01:20:56 AM
The reason I did not go into detail about my back is because there is no point, nothing to be done and I know it bores people to hear about others hurts. Just wanted you to know why I was rare. Still bothering me to some degree now but a bit better.

The number is not 800 because most people have National dialing anyway and if not Skype is free.
I will not screen calls and not pick up until I put you on air, so no hold time.

Yes that is the real number, not hooked up yet, just reserved so I can get Ross started soon. I wrote 32 liners today so far but I will look at all ideas.

I see when I leave some of you alone for a time you begin to chew on each other, try to be...wait forget it.

Art

I knew that you have said you don't want to hear about back remedies and such. And believe I heard you tell either on air or somewhere that surgery is not an option - your back is basically fubared. So sorry if I offended you or others but after several posters kept on with their stories and remedies I snapped and got a bit nasty. I doubt you would lash out quite like that to drive the point home like I did .. just trying to help - I uh um - "got yer back".  ;D 

I usually try to play nice with others .. usually .. but sometimes, I can only take so much ... ignorance. I know you can't say so ... but weren't you tired of reading story after story about backs and people telling you what would surely help yours?  ???

I'm sure we can all agree that we are all glad your back is feeling a bit better too.

Anyways - thanks for the clarification on the 800 number. And I will try to be more tolerant of persistent noobs with reading comprehension issues ... and others too... mostly. no promises though.  :-X  8)

EDIT - and love Dark Matter Digital Network - DMDN - nice. very.

Heather Wade

I already want a DMDN t-shirt.

WOTR

Quote from: SaucyRossy on April 24, 2015, 12:38:22 AM
I wonder how much it would cost to pay him to record a 15 second voicemail answering message in the style of your show...
It would not be the upfront cost that would be prohibitive, but rather the licencing fees.  Every time your machine picked up you would probably owe $10 in royalties.

Dark Matter Stream Network, DMSN = acronym for dimension.

Howdareu

Dark Matter Galaxy Network

jazmunda

Nothing on Guest Hosts yet. You get me 5 nights. BTW I have talked Keith in to a name change cause it ain't Radio. How about Dark Matter Digital Network. I like it, of course I thought of it.

Art

How about Midnight Desert Digital Network.

I think we're done with Dark Matter.

nextgen.fm

Quote from: jazmunda on April 24, 2015, 02:22:43 AM
How about Midnight Desert Digital Network.

I think we're done with Dark Matter.
8) I like that one

jazmunda

My other suggestion is Baby Monitor Inc. :P

Never2Late

Dark Matter Digital Network is a great name.  Simple, professional and cool all at the same time.  No need to try and fancy it up with glittery buzzwords.  Just cheapens it.  Nice solid name.  Keep it. 

Never2Late

All I would want to add to the The Bad Back Debate....

I hope you have a skilled, intuitive, still-fascinated-with-her-work massage therapist.  Not any other kind.  They make all the difference in the world. 

WhiteCrow

Quote from: Art Bell on April 24, 2015, 01:20:56 AM
I see when I leave some of you alone for a time you begin to chew on each other, try to be...wait forget it.

Art

:-*

Lt.Uhura

Art
Yes, Dark Matter Digital Network... sounds more sophisticated than Midnight In The Desert.

I liked Ross' instructions during DM to "manipulate your handheld device and call..." (as it's no longer dial).  Also-- it might be fun to exploit your infamous "Caller, turn OFF your radio!" with some reverb or special effects purely for nostalgia (since yes...it's no longer radio)...

inuk2600

Liner for Ross:

Wanna take a gaaaaab? Hang out with other vaguely lovable greys reptilians and insectoids on the bellgab forum at bellgab.com
8)

Sense Art said he was open to the idea of more liners for Ross, I created a thread topic for it. Hopefully he will check it out like the music thread we made  :D

wr250

Quote from: albrecht on April 23, 2015, 08:05:29 PM
It is friggin crazy to me that some major world religions are against it. They are SO missing out. Every part of a pig is awesome, and can be good cooked/preserved in a variety of ways- though unless drunk and really hungry I stay away from pickled pigs feet. Only drawback is the problem of bad farming practices, run-off, flu spreads, etc. Maybe we could solve certain religious-political fights by forcing representatives of both sides to eat some bacon or have a BLT or nice pork chop or sausage and realize, WTF we have been missing!
more for us then i say.

ge30542

Art
I know he's brutalized on this forum, but I like JBW.

cweb

Dark Matter Digital Network sounds good. Or Dark Matter Network.

Here's one for Ross:
"Fuck you, I run a clean show. Dial 1-952-call-art..."

Nick el Ass

Quote from: inuk2600 on April 24, 2015, 03:28:16 AM
Liner for Ross:

Wanna take a gaaaaab? Hang out with other vaguely lovable greys reptilians and insectoids on the bellgab forum at bellgab.com
8)

How about something more along the lines of "Have the gift to gab? Join the vaguely lovable bunch over on BellGab where you can talk about the show live as it airs, or how bad Dave Noorie sucks. "

Nick el Ass

Art

As Elvis once sang it is your baby you rock it, Art... and when the shirts come out so will we. I know he was talking about something else entirely in the song, but I couldn't come up with anything better this early in the morning.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPrtAb8Xt9I

Danger!UFO

Art

Art, unless there would be a legal reason, you should consider using your name in the network name. Name recognition. Brand recognition.

The other show hosts will be honored to say they are on Art's (your) network.

I know you may be humble when it comes to this (using your name in the network name) but you will be the anchor show. And it IS your network (along with Keith).

The Art Bell Digital Network

Art Bell's Digital Network

The Art Bell Digital Broadcast Network

Art Bell's Digital Broadcast Network

Daggit

I think the branding should have something to do with Midnight in the Desert. Invoking Dark Matter could be confusing and have negative connotations considering what happened. Also could Sirius have some potential claim to the name and try to stop you legally from using it. Dave and the Davebots will surely try to use that against you somehow.

jerry

Will there be a second actual number, that can sometimes be assigned for special callers like JC Impersonators or Anti-Christs, etc???

jerry

Quote from: ge30542 on April 24, 2015, 05:38:06 AM
I know he's brutalized on this forum, but I like JBW.

Me too.

inuk2600

Quote from: Nick el Ass on April 24, 2015, 07:56:34 AM

How about something more along the lines of "Have the gift to gab? Join the vaguely lovable bunch over on BellGab where you can talk about the show live as it airs, or how bad Dave Noorie sucks. "

Nothing like a mind bending WTF to keep the listeners on their toes. You think you know what Ross is going to say and then BAM! You're in another dimension. ::)
Anyway it would be a fun one-off shoutout to bellgab.

The Art of Midnight

Quote from: (Redacted) on April 24, 2015, 01:54:23 AM

Quote from: SixWeekTenure(tm) on April 24, 2015, 02:10:12 AM
Dark Matter Stream Network, DMSN = acronym for dimension.

I nominate SixWeekTenure's avatar as the Digital Network t-shirt logo :D

serenity

Your right guys, this is getting exciting!.
I bought a Grace Victoria internet radio some time back when I was out of town a lot flying in the Gulf of Mexico for the oil rigs. Now that I am retired, i have it next to my chair and another one ( A Thomas cathedral ) in the Radio shack where I stream my stations. I listen to old recordings (old? ) of Dark Matter or C2C/Art Bell and it sounds like good old AM radio coming from an old radio. They both are nostalgic looking and it just adds to the flavor. While good sound quality is important, some of us still pine for the AM days for shows and Ham radio ( Yes I do get on 160 or 80 meter AM once in a while) And If I really want the flavor I can listen on a Heathkit AM/Shortwave I built about 50 years ago. Still works!
But......I won't complain about good sound quality. Heck Art, I'd "listen on one end of a tin can with string attached", just come on back! (Who ever said that earlier in the thread I apologize for the quote borrow)
Can't wait till July!

"May we never go to Hell but may we always be on the way"

serenity

Quote from: (Redacted) on April 24, 2015, 01:54:23 AM

Count me in! Need 2 so I can wash one and wear one.
I still like, From the kingdom of NYE
Hows this,
From the Kingdom of NYE, it's Art Bell's Midnight in the Desert.

"May we never go to Hell but may we always be on the way"

Juan

Art, remember to include the actual telephone numbers - cell phone letters don't correspond to numbers the way the old land-line phones did (still do in my case).