• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

chefist

Quote from: DesertFox on April 17, 2015, 10:20:06 PM
Just saw the Who tonight--they were still great.  Pete and Roger are about the same age as Art and like Art they are still going strong.

So long live rock and long live Art Bell...I need it everyday.

Wow that is awesome! Saw them back in 1989 in St Louis...going to Rush in Phoenix in June! No AZ dates for The Who...too bad...

Art Bell

A delay is mandatory not because somebody might say a bad word but because of Defamation, much bigger problem and I will have one.

My thanks for all the talk on bit rates and AAC+ there are some smart people in here and some cranky ones, but I always knew that.

128Kbps is cool unless you trying to send it to 70,000 people.

Art

zeebo

Quote from: Art Bell on April 17, 2015, 11:46:09 PM
... there are some smart people in here and some cranky ones ...

Some are both.   :D

aldousburbank

Quote from: chefist on April 17, 2015, 11:04:07 PM
Wow that is awesome! Saw them back in 1989 in St Louis...going to Rush in Phoenix in June! No AZ dates for The Who...too bad...
See you at the Phoenix Rush show!

MV/Liberace!

We're up to $14,220.

:)

BattyBrooke

Will someone please just tell me what Art's premiere date is, if there will be a recorded podcast available if one does not get in to the live podcast due to the 70k cap, and lastly, what has happened to U7? It's been down for days. I tried paging through this thread, but I'm lazy and impatient.

Heather Wade

Quote from: Humilia Lepus Foramen on April 17, 2015, 11:28:15 PM
A delay seems to be mandatory for AM/FM broadcasts in case somebody cusses.  Idk how that works in live online streaming.  Will there be a delay in case people say profanity or their last names when they call in? :P

I hope Art brings back the "Do the wild thing..." button.

Quote from: BattyBrooke on April 18, 2015, 12:15:10 AM
Also, what is this?

He's taking all the yes and Yeeeeeeeeees votes up top and multiplying by a $60 annual subscription.

John

Some discussion going on the worlds biggest gaming forum...  8)

Art Bell returns! “Midnight in the Desert” launches in late July. Deja vu?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1029451

morgana213

Just wanted to let you all know in case you're interested:   

DMRN at 4:00am EST 
After Dark with Bryan Alverez
Bryan will interview Keith Rowland regarding Art's show.

Quote from: John on April 18, 2015, 12:27:14 AM
Some discussion going on the worlds biggest gaming forum...  8)

Art Bell returns! “Midnight in the Desert” launches in late July. Deja vu?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1029451

They even have a countdown timer.  Why don't we have a countdown timer?

BattyBrooke

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on April 18, 2015, 12:19:18 AM
He's taking all the yes and Yeeeeeeeeees votes up top and multiplying by a $60 annual subscription.

So listening will not be free????  I'm away for a couple of weeks and everything is upside down.

Heather Wade

Quote from: BattyBrooke on April 18, 2015, 12:33:57 AM
So listening will not be free????  I'm away for a couple of weeks and everything is upside down.

No worries Batty, the live show will be free.

Catsmile

At the moment as I understand things, the live airing of MitD stream will be free for the first 65-70,000 people. Once the 70,000 slots are filled thats it. You can also opt to get the shows as a podcast download, sans music for $5 USD a month. Art hopes the show will start around the end of July. Unless things change.

P.S. U7 is streaming fine. The Tunein app is borking up things, it happens with 3rd party streaming software sometimes, or they drop the stream listing. 
U7 is currently streaming: Mar. 30 2008 show hour 4 with Dr. Steven Greer.

Morgus

Quote from: BattyBrooke on April 18, 2015, 12:14:33 AM
Will someone please just tell me what Art's premiere date is, if there will be a recorded podcast available if one does not get in to the live podcast due to the 70k cap, and lastly, what has happened to U7? It's been down for days. I tried paging through this thread, but I'm lazy and impatient.
Actual date is not certain yet, possibly as early as late July.
Downloadable podcasts (with no bumper music) will be available to subscribers ($5/month) in addition to the free live stream.
Don't worry about any 70k cap, since its very likely there will be mirror streams added if needed. ;)

U7 itself hasn't been down, only via TuneIn.
You can still listen to U7 directly on their website or thru a direct stream with a PC media player such as winamp.
There are several other classic Art Bell streams that are still working on TuneIn too.
Just search with "Art Bell" there...

I thought Raymond Burr was dead... Looks like he's taking vitamins now.
Quote from: basswood on April 17, 2015, 11:01:40 PM
This guy is highly motivated for Midnight in the Desert. Or maybe not. It works.

http://youtu.be/GRXOQ-V2Mco

I get the feeling art's "tech" advisor keith has no fucking idea what he is doing.

twiki

Quote from: nooryisawesome on April 18, 2015, 01:50:07 AM
I get the feeling art's "tech" advisor keith has no fucking idea what he is doing.

Why do you say this? I always liked when Art referenced Keith or Keith would upload some timely photo, file or link onto the website. He helped the audience follow the show online in real time. Why the hate for Keith that I have read over the past weeks or so? Did Art and him have a falling out or did he say something to piss the fans off? He's Art's right hand man? He's on our team. I'm new here so I may have missed something.

cosmic hobo

Quote from: Catsmile on April 18, 2015, 12:50:27 AM
At the moment as I understand things, the live airing of MitD stream will be free for the first 65-70,000 people. Once the 70,000 slots are filled thats it. You can also opt to get the shows as a podcast download, sans music for $5 USD a month. Art hopes the show will start around the end of July. Unless things change.

P.S. U7 is streaming fine. The Tunein app is borking up things, it happens with 3rd party streaming software sometimes, or they drop the stream listing. 
U7 is currently streaming: Mar. 30 2008 show hour 4 with Dr. Steven Greer.

U7 is streaming fine for me via Tunein.

I guess Art and Keith are going to have to hire a full time intern to handle all "THE STREAM ISN'T WORKING!!!!!!" emails.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: nooryisawesome on April 18, 2015, 01:50:07 AM

Why?

Aussie Dave

Quote from: cosmic hobo on April 18, 2015, 02:58:16 AM

I guess Art and Keith are going to have to hire a full time intern to handle all "THE STREAM ISN'T WORKING!!!!!!" emails.

I can imagine that Dave (NOT ME) will hire his own full time interns to spam email Art and Keith that the stream isn't working just to infuriate them. Bastards.

Catsmile

Quote from: Aussie Dave on April 18, 2015, 03:01:57 AM
I can imagine that Dave (NOT ME) will hire his own full time interns to spam email Art and Keith that the stream isn't working just to infuriate them. Bastards.

Well... nao they will. DOH!
Them Dave botz ain't all that bright on their own.

Quote from: MV on April 18, 2015, 02:59:50 AM
Why?

Because nothing is planned out after two years.

Daggit

Quote from: nooryisawesome on April 18, 2015, 05:32:08 AM
Because nothing is planned out after two years.

Until early in the week there might not have even been a show. Let's give it chance before we tear it down.

aldousburbank

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on April 18, 2015, 12:30:15 AM
They even have a countdown timer.  Why don't we have a countdown timer?
Because the last time your mom and I bought you a timer it didn't last more than six weeks before it was broken.

WhiteCrow

Quote from: Aussie Dave on April 18, 2015, 03:01:57 AM

Very Interesting! wonder if something like that happened when Art was on SXM?

Danger!UFO

Quote from: cosmic hobo on April 18, 2015, 02:58:16 AM

Keith is handling the emails just fine. I emailed him some questions yesterday and I got a response today that I'll share later tonight. He answers questions about streaming.

Quote from: Art Bell on April 17, 2015, 11:46:09 PM
A delay is mandatory not because somebody might say a bad word but because of Defamation, much bigger problem and I will have one.

My thanks for all the talk on bit rates and AAC+ there are some smart people in here and some cranky ones, but I always knew that.

128Kbps is cool unless you trying to send it to 70,000 people.

Art

I didn't realize there were so many cranky 'somebody pissed in my cereal and stool my ass-wipes' people on this board.

Art just made the announcement five days ago TO GO OUT ON HIS OWN. Things will come together. The show is will be here in July.

PrairieGhost

I think Keith's testing things on DMRN right now. It keeps going to bumper music then back to the show.

laserjock

The U7 broadcast won't work on my desktop or laptop through tunein, but at their home website it will via the second "station" they have (the other one is music the last time I checked) but after a few minutes I have to restart it, and it starts playing from the beginning again.  I think it's safe to say that YMMV with this stuff.  Keith won't have this issue I'm sure.  It might be that they are capping how many listeners.  Some of you can connect, but not me.  I CAN hear other tunein casts, including other Art Bell ones.  Art is interviewing some guy named Dallas who'se talking out of his ass about flying to the center of the Earth, the guy is a nutcase, and Art is handling him very well, it's why I like Art, he challenges his guests in a respectful manner.  I'm listening to the Art Bell Always Tunein cast.

I'm not an IT person, I'm a just a stupid photonics tech, FWIW, but I do build my own computers (who else here does their own home brews, I'd love to PM with other home brew people?)