• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

wr250

Quote from: Art Bell on March 27, 2015, 10:03:12 PM
How about East or West of the Dateline?

Art
and dont forget the "time traveling extraterrestrial antichrist and/or vampiric MIB from area 51" line

You can use TuneIn the same way as vlc or winamp.  On the screen of your bookmarked stations at the bottom press the plus sign beside "add custom URL".

That also works for Realaudio file web links, at least the ones I've tried.

Quote from: Falkie2013 on March 28, 2015, 04:39:29 AM

Soon to be THE #1 hit down under !

No Aussie song will ever beat the theme to "Skippy the Bush Kangaroo".

My inner five year old self remembers
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_agtNKbgSfI

sorefinger

Quote from: rzr1911 on March 28, 2015, 02:24:43 AM
Why do 'smart'phones need a new stupid app for ever single stream?
I don't even have a smartphone, I use Winamp on PC to listen to most shows.
Don't these smartphones have something like WinAmp with which you can listen to all streams (if you know the URL)?
I understand it's pretty easy to release such an app, take a template, insert a jpg, edit the URL, and you're done.
It's a marketing gag, but it's pretty stupid too, imagine every Website would release their own web-browser just so you could surf to their page... LOL
You make an interesting point.  Not everyone has a smartphone, and if they do, they might not have room in storage for another app.  That old smartphone that you donated, because it always ran out of storage, is being used right now by someone in Bangladesh.

I have experimented with many apps.  Too many are loaded down with battery-draining bloatware, info gathering Trojans, tracking spyware, high bandwidth adverts that bog down slower connections, and who knows what else?  All Google Apps, for example, are free because they are nothing more than a ruse to install tracking and privacy-compromising spyware on your smartphone.  Apps like Facebook, in my opinion, are the worst of the lot, apps belonging to a cadre of malware, if one values his privacy and bank account, that should never be used.

I'm stuck out here with a G2 connection in the Southwest desert, a bad spot even for a coyote.  Even though I choose a low bandwidth stream on my radio app, so that I never have to experience the dreaded buffering, the geniuses in the advertising department go out of their way to serve up 256k adverts.  In other words, it takes two minutes for my 32k stream to finally kick in.  One hand doesn't know what the other hand is doing.

A browser is an universal app. I just love how my browser instantly renders up the Gabcast stream.  If there ever is an example of KISS these days, it's the speed and ease by which one can listen to Gabcast.

But if a radio station or personality absolutely insist on having an app, then the ease, speed, and simplicity of the KAHM FM app is as good as it gets.

Quote from: Art Bell on February 28, 2015, 11:44:37 PM
All these visitors should get a login and Jump in!

Alright but only because you say so :P Been listening to C2C since around 2001, then on to DM which was good while it lasted.  Now looking forward to MITD!

munbeam666

Quote from: (Redacted) on March 27, 2015, 07:15:15 PM
I used to have a trippy tortoise-shell kitty that would randomly stand on her back legs & do that praying thing while staring off into space.  Even better when she did it in front of company.  The reactions were just as entertaining.   ;D ??? 8)
I have a cat that grew up in a van in Southern Humboldt with a young woman who was part of the trim army there. He's quite a character. He loves to ride in cars (once we had to take him to the vet, we didn't need to put him in a cat carrier) He gets along with dogs, and other people; in fact, he loves constant attention from humans. If there are a number of people around, he will find ways to show off and attract attention. Moonshine loves reggae, String Cheese, Grateful Dead and Phish music; playing it seems to mellow him out. He is constantly getting into trouble, and can open doors and cabinets with his paws. Both my partner and I consider him one of our closest friends.....
Don't tell me that animals don't have souls...they do!

InykRose

Quote from: inuk2600 on March 22, 2015, 03:54:31 PM
I'd love to hear you talk with Dan Carlin.

Dan would be a great interview. I second this.

East or West of the Dateline is a cool idea. Or maybe east or west of the Mississippi. Just found out Snoory is coming locally for a paranormal weekend. Was wondering if I should make up a Bell Gab shirt...Bell Gab on the front  and George Sucks on the back with some of his famous lines...lol Could it be Angels?! Or bring in a bag of pizza rolls to be signed 8)

Quote from: Art Bell on March 27, 2015, 10:27:11 PM
Ok so Ross has already said he would be proud to do it, so no problem there. This is really exciting stuff. I will be posting pictures as we build the Studio, so I will try and keep you all in the loop.

As I mentioned more then a few times I really love doing new stuff and this so qualifies. We will be bringing Broadcast plus quality to a free live Internet show that anybody can hear anywhere in the World with a Free App.

Art

Wonderful. Sounds like fun. Can't wait until next week.

WOTR

Quote from: Humilia Lepus Foramen on March 28, 2015, 08:25:47 AM
Alright but only because you say so :P Been listening to C2C since around 2001, then on to DM which was good while it lasted.  Now looking forward to MITD!
Good to see somebody pays attention around here.  Welcome, and post often...

dan7800

Quote from: For Whom the Bell Tolls on March 28, 2015, 11:17:03 AM
East or West of the Dateline is a cool idea. Or maybe east or west of the Mississippi. Just found out Snoory is coming locally for a paranormal weekend. Was wondering if I should make up a Bell Gab shirt...Bell Gab on the front  and George Sucks on the back with some of his famous lines...lol Could it be Angels?! Or bring in a bag of pizza rolls to be signed 8)

Don't waste your time. George knows he sucks. With Art coming back, there is 0 reason to turn on that C2C garbage anymore (unless MAYBE Knapp or someone else is hosting)

Pale Horse

Quote from: albrecht on March 27, 2015, 10:04:49 PM
I must revisit my archive but I recall him telling a caller once that he was a Mason. It seemed in jest, I think the caller was a Bill Cooper fan, but then again with that t-shirt....though if he was a Mason, of sufficient enlightenment, why so many legal problems? Or was the Sirius/XM and other previous legal issues just a "false flag" deception? A Masonic plot to allow Art to really "take over" the airwaves and internet in July 2015--- as planned decades before in smoky backrooms with secret handshakes and trouser legs up! ;)

Maxine Nightingale - Right Back Where We Started From (1976) Clip

Perhaps he's gone rogue. A lone Bonesman, after Midnight.

Pale Horse

Quote from: sorefinger on March 28, 2015, 07:26:25 AM
You make an interesting point.  Not everyone has a smartphone...
Not everyone has an avatar either.  Hint.  ;) ;) ;)

Pale Horse

Quote from: munbeam666 on March 28, 2015, 10:21:27 AM
I have a cat that grew up in a van in Southern Humboldt with a young woman who was part of the trim army there. He's quite a character. He loves to ride in cars (once we had to take him to the vet, we didn't need to put him in a cat carrier) He gets along with dogs, and other people; in fact, he loves constant attention from humans. If there are a number of people around, he will find ways to show off and attract attention. Moonshine loves reggae, String Cheese, Grateful Dead and Phish music; playing it seems to mellow him out. He is constantly getting into trouble, and can open doors and cabinets with his paws. Both my partner and I consider him one of our closest friends.....
Don't tell me that animals don't have souls...they do!

I bet he's a huge secondhand weed-smoker as well.

munbeam666

Quote from: Art Bell on March 27, 2015, 10:03:12 PM
How about East or West of the Dateline?

Art
Really cool

Art Bell

I am in the music thread today trying to find something to fall in love with, a lot to listen to. Thank you all for the entries.

Art

Delphi

I want to hear a government dis-information agent line

East or West of the Dateline is a cool idea...

Or just have a Jazmunda dedicated line

... Just found out Snoory is coming locally for a paranormal weekend. Was wondering if I should make up a Bell Gab shirt... Or bring in a bag of pizza rolls to be signed 8)

Or print out some cartoons to have signed...   :)

SaucyRossy

My bumper music selection is most definitely amazing. Just saying.

Hopes art agrees

aldousburbank

Quote from: Art Bell on March 28, 2015, 02:14:45 PM
I am in the music thread today trying to find something to fall in love with, a lot to listen to. Thank you all for the entries.

Art
May I then recommend medical marijuana to help, uh with your back?

Nick el Ass

Ask for an autograph, and when he signs it George inform him that he is wrong... and his name is spelled D-A-V-E.

Suzeca

Hi Art!
Well I haven't been here for two years but I get updates on my Facebook. That really did go by fast!
I am a oil hauler up here in the Bakken and I have all kinds of listening apparatuses I can listen to you on. Let the fun begin!! Yay! And I'll tell EVERYBODY!
Susan

jazmunda

Quote from: Paper*Boy on March 28, 2015, 02:25:22 PM
Or just have a Jazmunda dedicated line

You mean there isn't one already?

lonevoice

Quote from: Art Bell on March 28, 2015, 02:14:45 PM

Art
The music thread is so far off the rails that it's hard to imagine anyone, even with the best of intentions, wading through all of it. 

I'm not trying to tell anyone else (especially Art!) what to do, but here's a suggestion:

Start a new music thread, and ask that each person post not more than TWO of their very best/favorite suggestions by no later than 4/15 in order to be considered.  That way, Art may actually be able to listen to all of them before July.

Art Bell

I wonder if anybody can find me a MP3 for the prologue to Crunchy Granolla Suite ( Neil Diamond)
It was from Hot Summer Night.

Art

jazmunda

Quote from: Art Bell on March 28, 2015, 04:53:39 PM
I wonder if anybody can find me a MP3 for the prologue to Crunchy Granolla Suite ( Neil Diamond)
It was from Hot Summer Night.

Art

Is this what you are looking for?

http://youtu.be/3OkWSaxEEVk

If so I can easily make it into an MP3 for you.

SaucyRossy

Quote from: lonevoice on March 28, 2015, 04:39:48 PM
The music thread is so far off the rails that it's hard to imagine anyone, even with the best of intentions, wading through all of it. 

I'm not trying to tell anyone else (especially Art!) what to do, but here's a suggestion:

Start a new music thread, and ask that each person post not more than TWO of their very best/favorite suggestions by no later than 4/15 in order to be considered.  That way, Art may actually be able to listen to all of them before July.

I agree. I posted ONE YouTube track hoping that people would follow suit and it didn't take.

Art Bell

Quote from: jazmunda on March 28, 2015, 05:02:56 PM
Is this what you are looking for?

http://youtu.be/3OkWSaxEEVk

If so I can easily make it into an MP3 for you.

Yes sir, that's it, if you can send me a MP3 of that it would be awesome!

Art